Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock Discussion

I hope they do all the major leaders, He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak and King hissss. From what I see on their facebook page, their work is hit and miss for my taste (I'm staunchly concerned with correct anatomy, and their's is 75% great, and 25% failure), so I might pass simply because they don't appeal to me, but if they turn out great, I might have to try and find a way. I definately won't be heartbroken if it doesn't work out for me, I'll still love to view pictures, and they obviously take loads of pics of their work.

I think Mattel picked a VERY poor time to launch the license for statues (Castle Greyskull's too close to this, not to mention that the normal MOTUC line is getting ridiculous to keep up with on it's own).

Very cool they are doing these. Excited to see what they'll look like. I had to check out what the current price for some of their statues go for.....and ooouuuch!! Over 3 bills for these. No thx......

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I had to check out what the current price for some of their statues go for.....and ooouuuch!! Over 3 bills for these. No thx......
    That's where the "Shock" comes in, I guess. Yeah, it's not like I wouldn't spend that on something (got the Hot Toys Iron Monger and love it) but it'd have be VERY well done for me to consider it. I really like my NECA Skeletor statue though. Having a He-man would be kind of cool.

If there's any justice in this world, it'll be a Filmation She-Ra statue, without her looking like an overdone pin-up or screaming psycho.

*Cross fingers*

Snappy Threader
    Oh wow I can't wait to see some pics of these.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I am really happy that the MOTU license is being shared by PCS..... but I am concerned that the artists will add some extra flavor to their sculpts, as they did with Lion-O. Don't get me wrong, I love the Lion-O statue, and the detailing is fantastic (especially the cloth outfit), but I want a TRUE TO FORM FILMATION HE-MAN statue in this scale. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I have a feeling that He-Man will be (understandably) uber-detailed...

In any case, I'm saving my pennies now, because I WILL own these statues!!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Too bad that I won't be able to afford any...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Fantastic news all around!

I hope they can show images soon!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Jerry Macaluso is a class act. I remember him from his SOTA days diligently answering fan questions on the Street Fighter forums of Action-Figures.com. I'm glad that he got the license.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Royal Eternian Borough of Macduff, Scotland
    Awesome news. I'll look forward to any news on these. I'd be happy if they only did the leaders, like nicholighkun suggested.

nightmare. it will be hard but unless these are amazing AND affordable I am out
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I would love some new statues, but would prefer them to start where NECA left off. Do I really need another He-man and Skeletor Statue
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I would love some new statues, but would prefer them to start where NECA left off. Do I really need another He-man and Skeletor Statue
    Yea... Some of the fans definitely feel that way, but the first statue would most certainly be He-Man in a Classics (or Alvin) style.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    My wallet is going to be screaming next year - so many things I'm buying already.

It looks as if they will focus on Filmation stylised statues - I hope we see Teela in the lineup somewhere, I was miffed we didn't get one of her or Evil-Lyn in the NECA statue line.

Also, I love mixed material statues, that Mumm-Ra looks awesome.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Next year I'm already committed to...

2 Grayskulls
    4 MOTUC subs
    2 DC subs

And PCS statues are how much? $300 to $350 each?

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting these. Poor timing, PCS.

I also have the NECA statues with the exception of Tri-Klops, and I never could get the GS door, which is amazing.

If these new statues were just better, I might consider trying to offload the former to make room and funds for the newer versions. From NECA, I like Skeletor, Trap Jaw, and Clawful a lot, but He-man and Sorceress are only ~okay~. A new sorceress would be awesome.

I would like to see He-man, Teela, Sorceress, MAA, Skeletor, Beastman, Mer-Man, and Tri-Klops most of all. And now that they can make Shadow weaver, a Hordak, She-Ra, and Weaver would be right behind that list.

It is good news that the license is being promoted; however, it is a very specific (or small) target due to the elevated costs. I hope they look wicked.
    As for reference, that Mumm-Ra looks awesome, although not so sure on some Street Fighters like Cammy & Blanka or even Lion-O. I assume that they are going to use Alvin Lee's style for the sculpts
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

This is VERY cool, but I don't think I'll be getting any. If I did, I'd just get He-Man, but I think these are just too big for my tastes. I think the NECA size is about as big as I'd like them, for price and space reasons...but we've yet to get a proper Filmation He-Man figure or statue, so if that's the route they go, then I've got some thinking to do cuz that's really the only thing that could change my mind.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I think the NECA size is about as big as I'd like them, for price and space reasons...
    I think 18" (same as NECA versions) is about what a 1/4 scale statue generally is, for a humanoid. Then you add a base or something, and they get larger. I would think the scale, if nothing else, is pretty much the same. I'm hoping so at least. One day I might find that door! And some of them might fit well together.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They are bound to look incredible but will definitely be priced out of my range
    Quoted for truth, at least my individual truth. Would LOVE a Beast Man though...and Trap Jaw...and Man-At-Arms...oh good lord, I'd want them all. :P
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I look forward to seeing these, but if they are in the $300+ price range as some people are saying they will likely be, I doubt that I'll be getting them. As it is I'm hoping to cut back on some of my collecting spending next year, and this will go completely against that. Plus I have space limitations. If they were more like $150-ish, I would be a bit more inclined to consider it depending on what characters are made and how good the end product looks, but that price range is not likely to happen.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I thought there was a Lion-o and Cheetara statue out there at this scale that debuted around 150.00 or so. Am I crazy? You can get Cheetara for 175 BIN on ebay right now. That's not a bad price for a piece like this. It could be better, sure.

Like, one of them (Skeletor on a huge base because everybody will buy it) would be a larger and more expensive centerpiece, but most would stay at a more reasonable price.

fingers crossed I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I thought there was a Lion-o and Cheetara statue out there at this scale that debuted around 150.00 or so. Am I crazy? You can get Cheetara for 175 BIN on ebay right now. That's not a bad price for a piece like this. It could be better, sure.

Like, one of them (Skeletor on a huge base because everybody will buy it) would be a larger and more expensive centerpiece, but most would stay at a more reasonable price.

fingers crossed I guess
    Thats more b/c the TC statue line bombed, there was not the fan base for it
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post

fingers crossed I guess
    Yer not crazy, but that was a different line...I've seen the PCS Lion-O statue at the comic shop, and it is a freakin beast compared to the NECA MOTU statues.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Next year I'm already committed to...

2 Grayskulls
    4 MOTUC subs
    2 DC subs

And PCS statues are how much? $300 to $350 each?

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting these. Poor timing, PCS.
    Um what does it have to do with PCS timing? They are not Mattel and they dont base their releases off another companys items. They do not make toys, so its not even the some kind of product.

You may have yourself stretched out b/c you have a lot of Matty subs, but that doesnt mean anything to PCS
    the ignore list is my new best friend