Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I thought there was a Lion-o and Cheetara statue out there at this scale that debuted around 150.00 or so. Am I crazy? You can get Cheetara for 175 BIN on ebay right now. That's not a bad price for a piece like this. It could be better, sure.
    The Cheetara statue on eBay is the Hard Heroes one... The POP Culture one was canceled along with Tygra when they couldn't hit the minimum preorder.

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...-canceled-511/

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I am and have always been a figure guy, so news of statues doesn't pique my interest in the same way it appears to be doing for most, but PCS does great work (love their Mortal Kombat pieces), so these can't be anything but win. Hoping the venture goes well!
    The statue/bust collector commmunity can be completely separate from the action figure community. If you are the "I gotta have it all" kinda person, then you better have the $$$
    Last edited by Kowl; December 18, 2012 at 03:02pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I am and have always been a figure guy, so news of statues doesn't pique my interest in the same way it appears to be doing for most, but PCS does great work (love their Mortal Kombat pieces), so these can't be anything but win. Hoping the venture goes well!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

If you are used to collecting only action figures this may seem like too much money to spend on a collectible, but once you have them displayed you might see things differently. Definitely don't get into these if you can't afford them but these mixed media 1/4 scale statues can be really impressive. I have the Sideshow Tusken Raider, Stormtrooper, Joker, and Indiana Jones and they are all amazing in person.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    My wallet is going to be screaming next year - so many things I'm buying already.

It looks as if they will focus on Filmation stylised statues - I hope we see Teela in the lineup somewhere, I was miffed we didn't get one of her or Evil-Lyn in the NECA statue line.

Also, I love mixed material statues, that Mumm-Ra looks awesome.
    I am SO hoping you are right. A Filmation style PCS He-Man Statue would be incredible........ oh, man I am excited just thinking about it!

If (and that is a BIG if) the line does well, a Filmation style Teela would be a holy grail among statue collectors..... I would absolutely love to see this happen!

I think 18" (same as NECA versions) is about what a 1/4 scale statue generally is, for a humanoid. Then you add a base or something, and they get larger. I would think the scale, if nothing else, is pretty much the same. I'm hoping so at least. One day I might find that door! And some of them might fit well together.
    18" is on the small side for these guys. Lion-O is almost 3 feet tall from base to sword-point, in person he is a monster of a figure, a real eye-catcher.

I would imagine that whatever style PCS uses, whether it be Alvin Lee's, Filmation, Classics (4H), or any other, He-Man will be in his iconic "holding the sword aloft" pose. This means that the statue could potentially reach upwards of 3 feet in height with a cool base...... definitely need to set aside room along with those pennies when these debut...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I would love some new statues, but would prefer them to start where NECA left off. Do I really need another He-man and Skeletor Statue
    Me too, i know it makes sense for them to do he-man and skeletor but i would so rather they took off where the others died, i know it wont happen, i can handle he-man and skeletor but no to the others, considering they could do teela, man at arms, lyn, beast man etc, or two-bad. Two-Bad please.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    The Cheetara statue on eBay is the Hard Heroes one... The POP Culture one was canceled along with Tygra when they couldn't hit the minimum preorder.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that! Wow, I actually like the Hard Heroes statues better, though I haven't seen them in person

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    18" is on the small side for these guys. Lion-O is almost 3 feet tall from base to sword-point, in person he is a monster of a figure, a real eye-catcher.
    Dang it, I wish I could see these in person!

I didn't mean 18" as final height, but an average humanoid body height. Lion-o having his arm fully extended with a long sword in his hand while on top of a nice rock base would of course be much much taller. People talking with me (to a certain amount of confusion) use 18" and 1/4 scale almost interchangeably, but 1/4 scale is more accurate, just because it doesn't give the impression of all statues being 18" tall. Most are larger I would think. Just a helmet or base would bump it up. Like when people say 3 3/4" action figures. Vader is taller, Yoda is smaller, but Han should be about the right size. I guess all the NECA (larger) statues were a smaller than 18"? Maybe 12" as a body height or something? So yeah, good point, these could be hard to find room for.

Hopefully the avg body will be no more than 18" though. I'm hoping, provided I can get them, that they'll fit on top of my shelves still. Don't want them hitting the ceiling or anything. Yikes. I should measure and see if that Lion-O would fit. Ut-oh. Thanks for the heads up!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I think Mumm-Ra is about 26” tall. As has been stated, the reason why Lion-O is so tall is because of his sword. My assumption would be that He-Man would be in a similar pose.

I'd love to collect these but I have sworn to put all of my extra cash towards paying off credit cards. I'm down to collecting just MotUC and comics now.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I didn't mean 18" as final height, but an average humanoid body height.

Hopefully the avg body will be no more than 18" though. I'm hoping, provided I can get them, that they'll fit on top of my shelves still. Don't want them hitting the ceiling or anything. Yikes. I should measure and see if that Lion-O would fit. Ut-oh. Thanks for the heads up!
    Oh yeah, you are absolutely correct. 1/4 scale usually refers to an 18" figure (base body) while a 1/6 scale always refers to a 12" figure.

I am always surprised at how massive they always turn out though, due to their poses and/or accessories.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    been reading about this for the past month over at Statueforum.com
    they have a pole up so you can vote on who would you like to see .

Wow, I actually like the Hard Heroes statues better, though I haven't seen them in person
    Yeah, comparing them the Hard Heroes statues are much closer to the animated characters.

As long as these don't look as terrible as Li-on-Roids I'm good...

I so want a Skeletor!!
    Last edited by KUZEH; December 19, 2012 at 05:48pm.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Um what does it have to do with PCS timing? They are not Mattel and they dont base their releases off another companys items. They do not make toys, so its not even the some kind of product.

You may have yourself stretched out b/c you have a lot of Matty subs, but that doesnt mean anything to PCS
    I agree with fball13z. These statues have nothing to do with Mattel, so timing for PCS doesn't count. Besides, most statues are targeted towards the statue collector market, which is a very different animal than the action figure collectors.

Anyways, these statues will most likely (and I'm only basing myself on previous statues released this way) will be sold at Sideshow Collectibles, and they have payment plans for most of their stuff, where you can pay a certain amount per month until you cover the price of the item and then they ship it to you. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

And by the way, long time lurker, first time poster.

so, my personal reaction is...
    i SO HOPE that these look exactly like how everyone would want them... except me. LOL! i want you guys to get what you want, but i want to NOT want the finished product, since it's gonna be a hard pill to swallow at the cost if i love it and "gotta have it."
    Last edited by kevin; December 19, 2012 at 09:09pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Anyways, these statues will most likely (and I'm only basing myself on previous statues released this way) will be sold at Sideshow Collectibles, and they have payment plans for most of their stuff, where you can pay a certain amount per month until you cover the price of the item and then they ship it to you. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

And by the way, long time lurker, first time poster.
    Yes FlexPay (aka Sideshow's layaway) is the greatest thing to happen for collectors, its how I afford my Hot Toys!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes FlexPay (aka Sideshow's layaway) is the greatest thing to happen for collectors, its how I afford my Hot Toys!
    Exactly. It's GI Joe for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Easy pass for me. I don't need another $300-400 per item line to collect, and reading the press release (calling MOTU a "boys brand") leads me to believe we will just get He-man, Skeletor, etc. - without females, I couldn't really care less about it. Because of course, boys only like looking at overly muscled men in tiny bikini loin cloths...LOL.

These sound really cool to me!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Easy pass for me. I don't need another $300-400 per item line to collect, and reading the press release (calling MOTU a "boys brand") leads me to believe we will just get He-man, Skeletor, etc. - without females, I couldn't really care less about it. Because of course, boys only like looking at overly muscled men in tiny bikini loin cloths...LOL.
    Well, there IS Battleground Teela...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Does that work for International Fans?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Does that work for International Fans?
    Yes it does, I've ordered a few items from them this year and for next year and it's worked out great.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I think it great that we are seeing more and more MOTU merch, it's good for the brand that it's being licensed. I would like to see POP getting licensed more though.

I'd only be interested in a He-Man statue if it a straight up Filmation style He-Man.
    But the only must have statues for me would be Teela and Evil-Lyn, both in Filmation style, because that's my favorite Teela look. If they had POP I'd love a Shadow Weaver statue.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Sounds good to me! Though, I do prefer the female characters oddly enough.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Awesome! Just posted the news about the design choice. It's leaning more towards Filmation which I think will be great.

I would have preferred style C. I'm pretty sure their superb Mumm-Ra statue was more stylised than the B equivalent. Still excited, though.