Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.91!

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post


    Even if there is no sculpting in advance, pre-orders don't cost zero. There's concept/design art to be done, material costing, legal team approvals, and I'm sure a ton of other things.

    There's also a risk of doing a pre-order and having it fail. It would damage the brand if the pre-order didn't succeed, which is not worth it just to prove to fans that it wouldn't work.
    Ahhh, but that's the thing--Battleram is ALREADY sculpted and tooled--they have already shown it to us. I mean, they took a chance with Castle Grayskull failing with only a blueprint and it still worked so why not take a chance on this? I think if anything Castle Grayskull was a bigger risk due to the high price tag,etc... so I just think another vehicle preorder being too risky for them to try holds very little water.

  2. #27
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Even if there is no sculpting in advance, pre-orders don't cost zero. There's concept/design art to be done, material costing, legal team approvals, and I'm sure a ton of other things.
    I understand this part...

    There's also a risk of doing a pre-order and having it fail. It would damage the brand if the pre-order didn't succeed, which is not worth it just to prove to fans that it wouldn't work.
    ...but not this one. How would it hurt the brand if the pre-order failed? The Fright Fighter pre-order failing doesn't mean the Attack Trak pre-order would.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ...but not this one. How would it hurt the brand if the pre-order failed? The Fright Fighter pre-order failing doesn't mean the Attack Trak pre-order would.
    You're totally right--just because Windraider did not do so well, does not mean Battleram or something else will too. Is like comparing apples and oranges

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior Battle Armoured's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Royal Eternian Borough of Macduff, Scotland
    Posts
    385
    The reason I mentioned Randor in my previous post was because I only started collecting the line a couple of years ago and I had a hell of a time tracking him down, even on secondary markets. I presumed others did too. I was only going by my own collecting experience in my post.

  5. #30
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Ahhh, but that's the thing--Battleram is ALREADY sculpted and tooled--they have already shown it to us. I mean, they took a chance with Castle Grayskull failing with only a blueprint and it still worked so why not take a chance on this? I think if anything Castle Grayskull was a bigger risk due to the high price tag,etc... so I just think another vehicle preorder being too risky for them to try holds very little water.
    Actually the Battle Ram isn't tooled yet, just because it's sculpted doesn't mean it's tooled....It takes money to tool something, and they won't do that until they know it's going into production. What you saw in the pics of the Battle Ram was the 4H test sample....not a tooled and molded figure.

    They made the comment no more vehicles, likely meaning no more in the line as a monthly release....a PO is still very likely, but not likely until after Grayskull next year. A PO is not risky, if it's done like Graysull, but The Battle Ram does have a leg up on anything else....it is sculpted, therefore they have something to show people, unlike Grayskull, or any other vehicle as of now.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,452
    I don't see why Rattlor's "General" armor can't be included in the weapons pack (I guess which it will to calm the masses eventually?)

    Preorder for vehicles why not? It's testing the market for it and giving them an idea if it can reach the numbers to be produced, it wouldn't be saying it's gonna happen. I mean really Matty let us know how many Wind Raiders an individual should buy so we can have a clue to this problem....

    Reissues, FOUL! Why you say, cause I just got a load of Mermen this month and it's no secret Teela is a MOST WANTED!!! If these figures were all produced in the same amount of numbers, where are the rest of the Teelas'?

    And yes the answers continue to run round and round and eventually someone will run into the wall from dizziness...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  7. #32
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,105
    There was a picture of Rattlor in his armor accidently shown on the Matty site and it did have the pauldrons (shoulder guards) on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I don't see why Rattlor's "General" armor can't be included in the weapons pack
    They don't actually say it wont be included in a weapons pack just that their are no plans for it at the min. I'm positive we'll see this some released at some point, either packed in with another figure or in a weapons pack
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  8. #33
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I don't see why Rattlor's "General" armor can't be included in the weapons pack (I guess which it will to calm the masses eventually?)

    Preorder for vehicles why not? It's testing the market for it and giving them an idea if it can reach the numbers to be produced, it wouldn't be saying it's gonna happen. I mean really Matty let us know how many Wind Raiders an individual should buy so we can have a clue to this problem....

    Reissues, FOUL! Why you say, cause I just got a load of Mermen this month and it's no secret Teela is a MOST WANTED!!! If these figures were all produced in the same amount of numbers, where are the rest of the Teelas'?

    And yes the answers continue to run round and round and eventually someone will run into the wall from dizziness...
    Problem is, Teela was one of the very very few that did not get 2nd runs....hence why she is so damanded, and if no other figure, she would deserve a second run, and would sell out....I mean she is going for $50 - $60 on Ebay, with bids taking her to that point....so Mattel did not do the math on re-issues when it came to her that's for sure. If they based poor re-issue sales on Buzz-Off & Carnivus....then that was an big oops on their part....those two just do not have the same demand as Teela, yet Teela was never run a second time....hmmm.

    (2010) Let's re-run lesser demanded characters....and not a greater demanded one....Alright boys, we have our business plan!

    (2012) Who could have known lesser demanded characters would sell horribly with second runs? I mean there's no such real thing as peg warmers right?

    Transformers peg warmers ****** me off in HFTD & Generations....they kept the RTS line off the shelves....if I didn't order them online I wouldn't have any of the RTS stuff, aside from the Jazz & Tracks I found at Kohl's back at Christmas 2010....and that's only because they didn't have toys all year round. Damn those peg warmers, they always screw it up for the better ones. Companies should know which characters would sell better, or at least take a damn survey before putting 1 Optimus Prime, to a box, and 20 Mudflaps....I mean really, who's the more collected character there? No Brainer time.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 05:42am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior Delthaindia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kitten Town
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think they really need to make a second run of FISTO, because it doesn't appear that they made enough the first time. I'm a subscription holder, and yet I never received the figure, because they were 'out of stock'. This tells me that they didn't make enough to meet the subscription demand, and for that reason alone deserves a 2nd run.

    As for the Wind Raider, I'm guessing there is still a lot in stock, and once they are sold, they will probably switch to a pre-order system for future vehicles. If they want to sell that stock, they should probably throw in a free gift or something to encourage sales. Maybe a repainted weapon or something.
    the only thing to take into consideration at this point is: how many wind raider did they produce? because its crystal clear that if they produced em as much as a normal standard figure they'll remain in stock forever.
    everytime is like its our fault. how many wind raider should I buy? 4?

  10. #35
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    the only thing to take into consideration at this point is: how many wind raider did they produce? because its crystal clear that if they produced em as much as a normal standard figure they'll remain in stock forever.
    everytime is like its our fault. how many wind raider should I buy? 4?
    They over produced the Wind Raider, they probably thought people would buy multiples of a $45 toy....sorry...no....I didn't buy one, I don't even want one, the only vehicle I really am interested in is Attack Trak.

    They do this garbage, and assume people will buy 10 each or something, and when it falls short it is our fault....why don't some of these deep pocket guys who bought like 300 subs at sub time, 10 to 20 Castle Grayskulls, buy all the remaining Winds Raiders....I mean they love to promote they have tons of cash....so why not buy everything that peg warms too....come on help the line out guys!

    Isn't Bill Gates a MOTU fan? If not, call him up and get him on board.

    Then they also overproduced the wrong figures....let's make 2 runs for Carnivus & Buzz Off, and only 1 smaller run of Teela....hey that makes perfect sense. And we're supposed to believe Mattel knows what they are doing, and that they have magic numbers that say re-issues....bad, screwing people out of figures because they make far too few....good. Well if they use Carnivus & Buzz Off numbers....sure re-issues look bad, but how about using Teela as an example as to why some figures would sell well as a second run, or at least a 2.0 version.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  11. #36
    Widget Thunderpunch1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    28
    I really like the classic MOTU! Any chance all the mini comics from MOTU, POP, and New Adventures of he-man could be reissued all in one book? I never got too read them. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •