Thread: WTFWTK 2.93 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.93 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by TheFallen.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Bamf1980: Can you give us a ballpark estimate of when we might find out what the secret connection between Earth and Eternia that Marlena discovered will be revealed?

2. Machinitess: For some time Hasbro sold (and might be still selling) My Little Pony blanks to customizers. Will we get this option from Mattel outside the MOTUC line with MOTUC blanks? I could see a market for blank bucks and heads in the appropriate scale for MOTUC and they would also be of interest to the DC crowd. Unmarked, there'd be no reason everyone couldn't use them.

3. Kinghsss456: Can you (or anyone) tell us when and the reason why King Hsss went from the Staff of Ka to his current Snake Staff.

4. facet: Can you confirm that Red Shadow is the guy with the red stripe going down his back at Hero's funeral scene in the second mini comic and the green robotic guy is Bandwidth. The names were given to us yet no visual refences or descriptions were given to us, so these 2 characters being the only 2 we have never seen before, it makes logical sense these are them. And if so, will we see more of these guys?

5. Rioblast: In regards to future figures using bendy parts: you guys keep bringing up Snout Spout's trunk as a reason why you guys don't want to use any bendy parts. Why can't you guys just use the SAME material that you used for King Hiss for any future figures? Just use the rubber/plastic bendy material (King Hiss) and NOT the foam/rubber bendy materal (Snout Spout).

--------------

So ask those questions!

What was the reason for Mer-Man only being the free gift for the Frosta incident? Not that I won't take anything for free. Thanks!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Who is this guy displayed in the third mini comic. He doesn't look like any other other character that ive seen in on the Horde before.

And are Red Stripe and BandWidth, as mentioned on this thread http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2841008167
    the members standing in the funeral of He-Ro, with their backs turned. Are there pictures of what they look like from the front and will we see them? What is that glowing mace in the background?

What is the reason so many of the Granamyr figures have arrived with defects? Was the delay in response to his quality issues or were the issues not known before he was shipped? At the price the toy was being sold at it is a huge let down to have another piece in or collections that cannot be handled for fear of him breaking. Returning him for a refund will simply leave a hole in a collection. What will be done to ensure Castle Grayskull does not suffer from the subpar quality control we have been seeing? With Granamyr he was shipped with broken sockets so he was NOT looked over very thoroughly before he was sent out. This"Collector" line is small in comparison to a retail line but it suffers from far more QC issues than any I have ever collected.

Stonedar and Rokkon are an obvious pairing for a two-pack, but how do you feel about Granita? Many fans can't wait to add Stonedar's daughter to their collections and as a highly-demanded Filmation character, a female and POP, she seems to tick a lot of boxes!
    Last edited by Scorpia; December 27, 2012 at 05:23pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Can we hope an update (even a tiny one) on the Masters of the Universe movie at NY Toyfare or do you think we have to wait SDCC?

Create-A-Character Contest Unused Entries Follow-up

Hi, Scott. First, thanks for all the great custom figure "fodder" in 2012. These new parts have enabled the MOTUC customizing community to flourish this past year. If you take a peek at He-Man.org's custom section, you'll see what I mean.

My question is; you said previously that you might be doing something with the unused Create-A-Character Contest entries. Is anything in the works yet? I'm dying to show off my custom figure based on my entry but I don't want to disqualify it from what you have planned. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated by both myself and the customizing community.
    Posted from iOS app

With King He-Man coming up soon, the question came to my mind- How will Queen Teela look?

I looked up the sketches for the SON OF HE-MAN but Queen Teela had no sketch but i found a King Adam sketch, he looks very different from the MOTUC design but at least he had a sketch...

When there is a QC issue, TG/Scott starts a thread requesting pictures of the problem. He has stated that if there are not hundreds of pictures then its just a vocal minority being louder then the others.

My question is what exactly do these pictures accomplish? Snout Spout and Goddess had a lot of pictures showing their problems, but nothing happened. You guys are selling Snout Spout again in January and I do not believe the cheap foam has been addressed, yet the price was raised. Even though the bendy parts worked with King Hsss after all the pics of SS all that accomplished was no more bendy parts in MOTUC. If 100's of pictures do appear in the Granamyr QC issue thread, are we going to get a new Granamyr to replace ours?, or are we just going to have to contact DR over and over and over until we get a good one?

Thank you
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; January 3, 2013 at 11:14pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    One issue I have about the bios is that Toyguru wrote them all in 2009, but doesn't go in to revise those bios when he gets new information in 2011 (i.e., the Filmation/Jetlag Rights). Why can't he go back and revise something that hasn't been published to the public yet? Or even if it has been published you can't clarify or fix what was written before?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

With MOTUC showing up at a Wal*Mart in Riverside, is this a one-time anomoly or a sign of things to come? Should they perform well will we be seeing more discounted reissues at Wal*Marts nationwide?