Thread: Transmission from Downtown Chicago

Transmission from Downtown Chicago

Hi everyone.

My name is Matthew and I have been (with varying degrees of insanity) a lifetime MOTU fan. I live in Chicago, but grew up in rural Kentucky before living in Lexington for many years. I moved to Chicago in 1999.

So yeah. My interest was recently rekindled when the first digital comic was released (the Sir-Lazer Lot one- juryís still out on that guy). And now I am currently reading all of the comics and hunting down the figures that I am missing from the 200x/Staction line. All of which I will proudly display with my pre-ordered MOTUC Castle Grayskull (Chances of my wife divorcing me when the credit card is billed next year? 85 to 90%).

A little story: When I was young, my folks couldnít afford a Castle, so my grandpa made one out of wood, cardboard and silver spray-paint. It had a working elevator, throne, jawbridge, trapdoor and all. Truly amazing guy. My figures didnít even know the difference. Even the Beast-Man with chewed-up fingers and a bitten-off nose.

I have two sons now. 1 and 4 years old. The 4 year old is a nut for MOTU. We watch the Filmation and MYP cartoons together on the weekends (no TV on weekdays!). We even painted Webstor (his favorite guy) on the back of one of his hoodies last weekend. I believe that I am training him well.

I found the forums through binging on episode after episode of Roast Gooble Dinner at work. Excellent podcast. Truly great work. And Iím not just saying that because Valís a fellow Kentuckian!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I look forward to chatting about this shared hobby, which for my part, I find equally campy and silly, but also incredibly meaningful.

Oh and Iíve never joined a forum, so please bear with me as I figure out the rules. Thanks!

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Welcome to He-Man.org.

Nice story, I wish I had a wooden/cardboard/ spray paint CG. Sounds awesome. Welcome to the forums.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Nice to meet a fellow Kentuckian! I was born here, currently live here, and will probably die here. lol. Welcome and enjoy your time here!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, MLHumble!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

That's a very touching story about your castle.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    Oh, and could someone please assist me with posting fan art? Or direct me to an FAQ regarding that process?
    I simply cannot figure it out. I know I'm missing something.
    Thanks again!

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome MLHumble.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    Oh, and could someone please assist me with posting fan art? Or direct me to an FAQ regarding that process?
    I simply cannot figure it out. I know I'm missing something.
    Thanks again!
    He-Man.org Rules, Guidelines, and How To-s: Attaching / Posting Images

Right on, thanks! I'll give it a go...