Thread: An Accurate Filmation Mer-Man head

Hybrid View

An Accurate Filmation Mer-Man head

A good friend of mine and I are thinking about working on a Filmation Mer-Man head.
    He's an amazing sculptor who has been doing it for 10+ years.

Pics will come once there's progress. Thanks!
    Merman_01.JPG
    Last edited by Mysterio; December 25, 2012 at 11:44am.

I am sure it'd look awesome on a vintage MOTU Mer-Man, too....count me in.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
    I am sure it'd look awesome on a vintage MOTU Mer-Man, too....count me in.
    And Tyke, nice customs! I browsed through you stuff -- very cool! And your Chinese Dragon MOTU guy is pretty sweet. Not sure on a name, but in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) the word for dragon is Long. And in Mandarin "Hohng" means Red. Maybe Hohng Long? Or Hong Long?

That Filmation Evil Droid rocks! Is that molded? Able to make more?!!? Filmation Ram Man rocks, and I love battle armor Hordak!
    Last edited by Mysterio; December 25, 2012 at 11:45am.

Hell yeah....

One problem though, I encountered planning to re-sculpt my own, it was actually to be my next custom attempt, but has put it on a back burner for me....I looked carefully when eying it up, and the current armor won't allow a Filmation accurate head to work....the armor would have to lose the spikes and be flattened more on the shoulders.....I don't want to mod my original armor, so I will have to get the WP armor and repaint it, or find a regular Mer-Man armor from someone.....Or make a totally new Filmation styled armor from scratch.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Hell yeah....

One problem though, I encountered planning to re-sculpt my own, it was actually to be my next custom attempt, but has put it on a back burner for me....I looked carefully when eying it up, and the current armor won't allow a Filmation accurate head to work....the armor would have to lose the spikes and be flattened more on the shoulders.....I don't want to mod my original armor, so I will have to get the WP armor and repaint it, or find a regular Mer-Man armor from someone.....Or make a totally new Filmation styled armor from scratch.
    Oh!? Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing he would need a high neck joint like Marzo then?
    We have one Mer-Man right now, but need a second for logistics as you just mentioned. Might need
    some witty options/work-arounds. Is your first attempt posted somewhere?

Yes, definitely interested...especially considering the extra Mer-Man I received as my free figure this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Oh!? Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing he would need a high neck joint like Marzo then?
    We have one Mer-Man right now, but need a second for logistics as you just mentioned. Might need
    some witty options/work-arounds. Is your first attempt posted somewhere?
    No, I never got past the planning stage and I only had one Mer-Man myself, so I never cut into him to see....but I just saw that to be properly proportioned, and look Filmation the fins would hit the spikes on his armor, the Vintage figure never had those spikes, neither did the cartoon....that's a 200X aspect I could have lived without on the figure. But the only fix I could see was to modify the armor, I never got another Mer-Man to work on, so I never did anything further....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Sweet! Hopefully there will be significant interest... the more we have, the faster we'll be encouraged

And Tyke, nice customs! I browsed through you stuff -- very cool! And your Chinese Dragon MOTU guy is pretty sweet. Not sure on a name, but in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) the word for dragon is Long. And in Mandarin "Hohng" means Red. Maybe Hohng Long? Or Hong Long?

That Filmation Evil Droid rocks! Is that molded? Able to make more?!!? Filmation Ram Man rocks, and I love battle armor Hordak!
    Why thank you, Mysterio! I am honored! That Evil Droid came from some customizer a couple years ago---all I did was paint it....I can't remember who gave it to me! As for HONG LONG....dude, I really like that! Sounds very retro '80s! THANK YOU!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Update: This thread is just about our Merman Filmation head sculpt's design, progress and process! Any other aspects of the head would be posted elsewhere in another part of the forums at a later date.

And feel free to PM with any questions. Thank you.

(Sorry for breaking any rules/guidelines)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app