Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Etheria Map Official Discussion

Heroic Warrior

Etheria Map Official Discussion

At SDCC there was a slide of the Etheria map. Anyone have an image of it? Anyone know the details on it?

here ya go right from the slide show at SDCC nd pics are from toyark.com

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I was looking for the same thing. The best thing I've found is a great HD quality video on youtube of Mattypalooza. The only things I can really make out is Beast Island (I think) and the Crystal Castle.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Can't wait to get this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I was looking for the same thing. The best thing I've found is a great HD quality video on youtube of Mattypalooza. The only things I can really make out is Beast Island (I think) and the Crystal Castle.
    I see a bunch of stuff, Valley of the Lost, Meadowlands...even Horror Hall. It's not too dissimilar to the Crystal Castle table map.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I see a bunch of stuff, Valley of the Lost, Meadowlands...even Horror Hall. It's not too dissimilar to the Crystal Castle table map.
    We need someone with a really big magnifying glass to list the names of everything on there. I want to see how many things from the Filmation series is on there!

Is that Frosta's Castle Chill in the polar ice area up there?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I know jack**** about POP outside of Filmation, but aren't those locations Filmation locations?

I think the white castle is Frosta's Kingdom. And they merged the Filmation Fright Zone with the toy Fright Zone?

Somebody call da 'Duke!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

You guys must have way better eyes than I do, I can't see a darn thing on that map.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Yeah, they can most likely use a lot of places that we are familiar with because of Filmation since they are on the original toy map.

This is the biggest scan of that I could find off hand:

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

This is the best shot I have found, but it's still not all that clear!

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Does that seem nothing like planet-sized to anyone else? I realise there's a fair degree of exaggeration in the individual features, but Castle Brightmoon looks bigger than Britain... (repeat, not the kingdom, the Castle). They should have created a load of new stuff to fill the map out if need be - right now, it looks like the area of the Horde's rule was maybe a quarter of the map. Tops.

Who's to say how big the planets are in their galaxy?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm sure I've seen this map before, that rendering of the Fright Zone looks familiar. Was this in a coloring book or something?

Etheria and Eternia both seem too small in their maps though. If Eternia is Earth sized, then Castle Grayskull and the Palace of Eternia look like they're as far apart as Buenos Aires and Chicago, and Snake Mountain's in Tibet, but He-Man strides around to all of them regularly (I guess Battle Cat is just that good a runner). Etheria seems a little worse though for some reason.

Wow, Hordak is really working hard there! You can't get from one side to the other without passing through his territory.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I can't really add much to this, but I did zoom in a little on the top left area of the map while it was on screen. Sorry I couldn't get any better focus, it was only up for a moment.

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Masters of the Universe Classics and Comic Book Reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaycomicgeek

I have an old She-Ra coloring book, and it has most of the places named exactly the same way. What I can make out is:

Castle Chill: Kingdom of Snows
    Valley of the Lost
    Meadow Lands
    Skull Path
    Beast Island
    Horror Hall (Not in the coloring book, I thought this was Filmation. You know who resides there)
    Fright Zone
    Scorpion Hill
    Crimson Waste
    Whispering Woods
    Mystacor
    Crystal Castle
    Singing River
    Talon Mountain
    Growling Sea

I can't make out two right under the Crysatl Castle. ON the coloring book map they are Thaymore and The Kingdom of Brightmoon (that just looks like forest here though).

I am definitely surprised by Horror Hall being included.

I think the map is cool. The scale is weird, but it's more of an illustrated piece than an accurate cartography (well, obviously, I suppose!) I actually got the Eternia Map on Ebay the other day (I was more interested in it than Wun-Dar, frankly) for not much money just because I'd like to have all the maps.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I am definitely surprised by Horror Hall being included.
    Horror Hall and Scorian Hill (the bases of Shadow Weaver and Scorpia, respectively) are both on the map sticker that came with the vintage Crystal Castle posted by Shadow above.

It's funny though, because Mattel can't make figures of either character...but they could make their bases as playsets.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

This is the map from the coloring book. I just want to add that the colored page was done a very long time ago, and not when I was stoned in my late 20s.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    silly me I'm looking at the map thinking, "okay I see castle Bright Moon, there's the Whispering Woods, and there's the Crystal Castle where's Mysticor?"

Then I realize what I thought was Castle Bright Moon is Mystocor and apparently the Crystal Castle and Castle Bright Moon are merged as one.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Horror Hall and Scorian Hill (the bases of Shadow Weaver and Scorpia, respectively) are both on the map sticker that came with the vintage Crystal Castle posted by Shadow above.

It's funny though, because Mattel can't make figures of either character...but they could make their bases as playsets.
    I didn't realize it was on that Crystal Castle map, I looked at it more closely. They have Hunga's base too, but she's another one they can't make.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

Then I realize what I thought was Castle Bright Moon is Mystocor and apparently the Crystal Castle and Castle Bright Moon are merged as one.
    Yeah, I just noticed Brightmoon is merged with the Crystal Castle on that original Castle map of Etheria too.
    Last edited by Jo-Ro; July 27, 2010 at 12:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I didn't realize it was on that Crystal Castle map, I looked at it more closely. They have Hunga's base too, but she's another one they can't make.

Yeah, I just noticed Brightmoon is merged with the Crystal Castle on that original Castle map of Etheria too.
    Oooo...interesting! Good colouring job, too, by the way.

Is it just me, or does "Mysticore" on the new map, look like Filmation Castle Brightmoon?

EDIT: I found another good pic:

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 27, 2010 at 05:01am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I know jack**** about POP outside of Filmation, but aren't those locations Filmation locations?

I think the white castle is Frosta's Kingdom. And they merged the Filmation Fright Zone with the toy Fright Zone?

Somebody call da 'Duke!
    AH!!

You're right!!

I hadn't really looked at this map. I want to know what's at the top of the mountain where Horror Hall is labeled.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

They have missed out Mizar, Spike Heart, Crystal Falls, Sky Dancer Mt & the Crystal Caverns, Candors Mt, The volcano Mount Candida, Flower Mt, the Laughing Mountains, Surrenia (Madam Razes home and place where the surenity stone is found) Unicorn Island, Isle of the First Ones, The Green Islands, Kingdom of the Mer People, Kingdom of the Magicats, Skull Pass & the Dark Pool, villages of Thaymore, Dryal & Briggis. The Sulpher Pitts, the Ethirum Mines, Monstroid Central, the Old Ruins & Pool of the Beast Monster. Finally an entrance to the Etherian Under World & The Rainbow Grotto.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 29, 2010 at 07:17am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    They have missed out Mizar, Spike Heart, Crystal Falls, Sky Dancer Mt, Sureniea (Madam Razes home and place where the surenity stone is found) Also Unicorn Island. Also where was that place where Shadow Weaver raised the Melog out of the dark pool. We saw that place a few times in the cartoon.
    Well, it's an updated on the toy map, not based on the cartoon. Odds are those locations were either not thought out when the Crystal Castle playset was developed or were not considered important enough.

But the crystal Falls is a Mattel play set, so surely that should have been included, it's the home of Mermista.