Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Hybrid View

Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Update: Tutorial by Hunter Knight Customs on how to fix isssues with Granamyr.

Update: Click here for advice on one potentially safer way to assemble Granamyr to avoid possible breakage.

Granamyr arrived about 20 minutes ago, despite the Cornerstone Logistics shipping. It's really cool, but as I just posted in the other thread, the ring that holds the tail arrived broken, so I need to return it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mine came yesterday too. However, the arms pop off when I try to move them. Other than that, he's solid!

That's a really cool picture, Raptor.

Usually when people start getting something, I regret not getting it myself. Here, though, I gotta say I'm kinda feeling my decision was justified. I hate not liking this guy as he seems like he should be really cool and he's the first MOTUC character/ item other than stands I've skipped.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar

Mailer box

Dented box corner

Beautiful artwork by Rudy Obrero

Dent on inner box

The head was the hardest part for me to put on. Really took some muscle and some elbow grease.

Granamyr,

is...

THE BEST!!!

"You have no home here, ABOMINATION!!!"

"Dragons pay little attention to the lies of legend"
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Mine is out for delivery. This wait is killing me!!
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I think you easily have a Christmas card worthy photo right there! Seriously, now I'm starting to feel conflicted about Granamyr. Seeing someone hold him makes him look really, really cool to me for some reason.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Been playing around with him for the past few hours. He is BOSS!!!! Like I said in my previous post, the head was the toughest part to attatch (well on mine anyway). I wanted to add that I was able to get mine to stand on his own without using his tail as a support! It's all in how you position his legs and feet, but he WILL stand up on his own!

My only gripe is that I wish he had ball jointed shoulders and bicept swivels, but that does not really take away from the overall awesomeness of this Great Wise Dragon!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That's a really cool picture, Raptor.

Usually when people start getting something, I regret not getting it myself. Here, though, I gotta say I'm kinda feeling my decision was justified. I hate not liking this guy as he seems like he should be really cool and he's the first MOTUC character/ item other than stands I've skipped.
    Same here.

I am positive we will see him on clearance at some point - even if its when the line ends (he will be the last remaining item - I bet he shows up in Mattel's tent sale at their HQ someday).

If I had paid almost $100 for him I would feel so ripped off. He looks terrible - the feet jump out at me the most - the seam is terrible; yes there had to be one, but I cannot recall when I saw such a poor blending of two parts in a commercial toy product in quite some time. The rest of him is not much better. He looks like a cheap hunk of plastic you would give to a toddler except he is too easily breakable.

And with how fragile he seems to be, and people having to post tutorials about how not to break him the first time you take him out of the box to assemble him, I can honestly say I have never been so happy to have not bought something in my life (well, probably equal with choosing not to get FB stock, LOL).

I got mine yesterday assembled him and have posed him and moved him around without any problems.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

People waiting for him to go on clearance might end up disappointed. With a big price increase next year, Granamyr on clearance--if that even happens--could end up being roundabout the same price that he is now. One of the reasons I caved and ordered. I think we'll see him for sale at higher price point first, and with the quality issues being reported, they might end up burning through CS stock.

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Granamyr arrived about 20 minutes ago, despite the Cornerstone Logistics shipping. It's really cool, but as I just posted in the other thread, the ring that holds the tail arrived broken, so I need to return it.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2840/photonjr.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7214/taild.jpg

Same issue here. Also, my neck peg is bent and seems to be a little too high, so the head just wobbles around. I'm very, very disappointed since this was the one I was waiting all year for.

I got that He-Man She-Ra sweatshirt too!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wun2 III - I freakin' LOVE your jumper!!!

Granny looks good too.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

My Granamyr finally arrived and words can not describe how amazing he is. I stared at him numerous times during Powercon but nothing compares to actually having him in my home with the rest of my collection. The only thing that will surpass Granamyr in sheer awesomeness will be Castle Grayskull.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Just got off the phone with Matty and I'll be getting a replacement soonish maybe (the stories from here about trying to get replacements has me scared, though). The rep remarked when she pulled up the order that they've been getting quite a few calls about it so keep your eyes peeled, kiddos. Hopefully it's only a very small portion and not another Swift Wind issue.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I had no problem either with assembling that old dragon , but he doesnt really fit on my shelf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

There is no nipple missing, its a wart! Garanamyr has no nipples.

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine!! The wings were the hard part for me,his head also. No flaws or other problems with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    It will be comparable, when Mattel do their quality "magic" on a 250$ item...
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know what the deal is, but this does make me worry about Castle Grayskull too

I hope they are just very attentive to quality control on that item. It would be so embarassing for Scott and Mattel if Grayskull ships to customers in broken pieces
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know what the deal is, but this does make me worry about Castle Grayskull too

I hope they are just very attentive to quality control on that item. It would be so embarassing for Scott and Mattel if Grayskull ships to customers in broken pieces
    It will just be a giant pile of "special bricks" (aka Green Legos) with "Some Assembly Required" on the box. And a paper outside to attach to give the visual of rock.

I wish mine would just show up, I am a wreck over the issues.

So first make sure there are no broken pieces.

Second blow dry the body for easy fitting.

Third put arms on first incase work needs to be done under the chest.

Am I missing anything?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

No, thats inderd the way to go ;-) When my replacement arrives i'll do it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Mine arrived with a broken tail joint... It's Swifty's wing issue all over again!!
    Thanks ToyGuru! Nice work!
    Wow! I had no idea that Scott is 100% responsible for anything that goes wrong with this line. I didn't have a clue that he personally assembled and inspected every figure. Damn him!!!
    As they used the same joint as Swift Winds wings, which also kept popping out, yes, I blame TG.

This is Granymer kickin itIMG_0201.jpg
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Topic: Tahbos
    Toyguru
    Posted December 27, 2012 09:32 PM
    Thanks! It appears that any QC issues with Granamyr are only effecting a very small (but vocal group). If anyone did get any QC issues, just call CS and we will replace and make you whole. The overwhelming majority of customers seem to have no issues at all just like you. ;-)
    Posted at mattycollector.