Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Update: Tutorial by Hunter Knight Customs on how to fix isssues with Granamyr.

Update: Click here for advice on one potentially safer way to assemble Granamyr to avoid possible breakage.

Granamyr arrived about 20 minutes ago, despite the Cornerstone Logistics shipping. It's really cool, but as I just posted in the other thread, the ring that holds the tail arrived broken, so I need to return it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mine came yesterday too. However, the arms pop off when I try to move them. Other than that, he's solid!

That's a really cool picture, Raptor.

Usually when people start getting something, I regret not getting it myself. Here, though, I gotta say I'm kinda feeling my decision was justified. I hate not liking this guy as he seems like he should be really cool and he's the first MOTUC character/ item other than stands I've skipped.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar

Mailer box

Dented box corner

Beautiful artwork by Rudy Obrero

Dent on inner box

The head was the hardest part for me to put on. Really took some muscle and some elbow grease.

Granamyr,

is...

THE BEST!!!

"You have no home here, ABOMINATION!!!"

"Dragons pay little attention to the lies of legend"
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Mine is out for delivery. This wait is killing me!!
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

I think you easily have a Christmas card worthy photo right there! Seriously, now I'm starting to feel conflicted about Granamyr. Seeing someone hold him makes him look really, really cool to me for some reason.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Been playing around with him for the past few hours. He is BOSS!!!! Like I said in my previous post, the head was the toughest part to attatch (well on mine anyway). I wanted to add that I was able to get mine to stand on his own without using his tail as a support! It's all in how you position his legs and feet, but he WILL stand up on his own!

My only gripe is that I wish he had ball jointed shoulders and bicept swivels, but that does not really take away from the overall awesomeness of this Great Wise Dragon!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

raptor8x I love that photo, best pic I've seen for showing the size difference between him and regular motuc figures.

I have that blanket still....and a pillow case, and the sheet.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Granamyr arrived about 20 minutes ago, despite the Cornerstone Logistics shipping. It's really cool, but as I just posted in the other thread, the ring that holds the tail arrived broken, so I need to return it.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2840/photonjr.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7214/taild.jpg

Same issue here. Also, my neck peg is bent and seems to be a little too high, so the head just wobbles around. I'm very, very disappointed since this was the one I was waiting all year for.

I got that He-Man She-Ra sweatshirt too!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wun2 III - I freakin' LOVE your jumper!!!

Granny looks good too.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

My Granamyr finally arrived and words can not describe how amazing he is. I stared at him numerous times during Powercon but nothing compares to actually having him in my home with the rest of my collection. The only thing that will surpass Granamyr in sheer awesomeness will be Castle Grayskull.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Just got off the phone with Matty and I'll be getting a replacement soonish maybe (the stories from here about trying to get replacements has me scared, though). The rep remarked when she pulled up the order that they've been getting quite a few calls about it so keep your eyes peeled, kiddos. Hopefully it's only a very small portion and not another Swift Wind issue.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I have that blanket still....and a pillow case, and the sheet.
    I also still have that blanket still. No pillow case or sheets though. Those are long gone.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    Just got off the phone with Matty and I'll be getting a replacement soonish maybe (the stories from here about trying to get replacements has me scared, though). The rep remarked when she pulled up the order that they've been getting quite a few calls about it so keep your eyes peeled, kiddos. Hopefully it's only a very small portion and not another Swift Wind issue.
    Oh gosh

What the heck?! Is Mattel just not interested in quality control anymore at all? I know they've cut corners but this is an EIGHTY DOLLAR "Adult Collectors" toy. It really isn't acceptable for "quite a few" customers wanting to exchange the product because of breakage
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Oh gosh

What the heck?! Is Mattel just not interested in quality control anymore at all? I know they've cut corners but this is an EIGHTY DOLLAR "Adult Collectors" toy. It really isn't acceptable for "quite a few" customers wanting to exchange the product because of breakage
    being 2012 and all, it's not cool for this type of breakage in a figure....especially one of this price and size....It's sad when properly taken care of, like any new figure would be....Vintage figures which are 30 years old mind you, are still in one piece and unbroken....yet out of the box these new things can break instantly....

I opened my Egon, and just out of the package the blaster cord from the pack to the blaster broke right off at the pack....my son, his Peter Venkman, same thing, but his also broke at the blaster end too....
    I drilled his out and replaced it with black string (string was good enough for the Vintage TRG figures, why not now?), and it's been months, and the string is still firmly glued in place at both ends....

Modern doesn't mean better, in fact with cheap skate companies every increasing price while lowering quality and foreign manufacturing, Modern in many cases is much worse....old things were made to last....There are still Model T's out there....100 years later....will there be any 2012 Fusions or Focuses in a 100 years....hell no....new **** is disposable, look at Apple ****....people waste $400 and a year later, they spend another $400 dollars (for a phone, sorry, it's a phone) because the old one is outdated according to Apple....I hate Apple....

These overpriced pieces of plastic are no exception to this....hopefully this is not widespread, but even if it was, it would be downplayed to a few of the "loud minority" with bad Granamyrs....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel proved many times, that they have bad quality control since 2008 for the MOTUC, with broken KG ankles and reversed He-Man shoulders. We get excuses and improvement promised and things like this still happen.

If Mattel is able to produce fine figures without such flaws for a year, I would call that an improvement. But I wouldn't count on it, that they are able to do it.

The only thing, that keeps me still collecting, is the fine sculpting art of the 4HM, not Mattel's quality. There is a reason, I don't buy anything else from Mattel.

I spend my money for LEGO, where I get quality for my earned €€€...
    Last edited by Berserker79; December 21, 2012 at 09:26am.

The reports of the tail issue is really concerning me.....I've been lucky in the past and have never gotten any clearly defective figures (aside from the Goddess and Frosta and those where EVERYONE got something defective), so I hope my luck continues. I'd hate to see this being widespread....and sending me another free Mer-Man will not make up for it! :-P

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It's sad when properly taken care of, like any new figure would be....Vintage figures which are 30 years old mind you, are still in one
    Totally agree. I still have figures in which the waist action punch still works perfectly. Shame that Mattel can't get these things right. I really feel like Mattel doesn't put the care into this line the way it should. We are not major retailers, so they treat us any old way. The toys are made in China (likely sweatshops like Foxconn), so they can't cost a lot to produce, we pay a whole lot for them, and get crappy work, poor design choices (Thanks Ruben!), and the most bumbling inept distributors...Canadian I might add (no dig at Canada, just that Mattel also prolly saves a ton on distribution by outsourcing).

The LEAST a CORPORATION like Mattel could do is make sure the figures are of good quality, painted/assembled correctly. Since this is a fan line, I doubt anything will change. We are not Walmart or Target or Toys R Us, so they will give us any old treatment. I am really thinking about foregoing Matty and hitting the Black Market for my MOTUC needs...better prices, better shipping, better chance at getting what you ordered. Sad to say...

Heroic Warrior
    Granamyr with broken tail, arms popping off too easily... Wow. This is not worth the $80 people spent for it. And please note that this is the FIRST "assembly-required" figure !

I'm scared about Modulok and Multi-Bot, who might come in pieces that need to be assembled too...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Granamyr with broken tail, arms popping off too easily... Wow. This is not worth the $80 people spent for it. And please note that this is the FIRST "assembly-required" figure !

I'm scared about Modulok and Multi-Bot, who might come in pieces that need to be assembled too...
    The plus side is that it seems that he won't sell out so there'll be plenty of replacements...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Draego Man, somewhat, and the DCU CAC figures....but the first of really huge figures....with hollow personalities yes. Hollow plastic is much more fragile than solid....hello Mattel....especially in 2012....it's funny how 1982 non Transparent softer plastic is much more durable than 2012 materials....granted if your figure was exposed to UV & Temp differences it got fragile, but there are many non played with examples of how many times, 1982 figures whoop the hell out of 2012 figures. I have a 1984 Pre-Rub (with Takara mold markings) Transformers Mirage, I played with it...a lot....it was in storage in a barn for 20 years, so it falls apart just looking at it, but I have a replacement Late 1984 Post Rub MIB version (without Takara mold marks), complete with everything except the bubble packaging....he is nice and tight, and as non brittle as you can get....it's all in how you played with and kept your toys back then....sadly in 2012 it doesn't matter if you keep them MISP they can fall apart before you take them from the mailers....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    The plus side is that it seems that he won't sell out so there'll be plenty of replacements...
    ....he is ALMOST GONE by now....

Got mine yesterday, but sadly mine had the tail issue so I have to send him back