Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Quote Originally Posted by DCComicsguy View Post
    I got my Granamyr on Friday. He is awesome. However, this AM, Sunday, I looked at him and it looked as if he was bleeding down his torso. I looked closer and it looks like glue has trickled down his torso. Not sure. It's clear, but I can feel it. It was not there when I first got him.

Do you think when I assembled him it released something on to the torso?

Ideas? Ideas on how I should try to get the glue ish stuff off?
    Is it hard and dry or is oily? I've noticed on some of my figures there this a small amount of lubricant around some of the joints to keep them from sticking. it could have been in some of the places where he snaps together to aid in his assembly.

Heroic Warrior
    It seems hard and dry. Sort like clear fingernail polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Is it hard and dry or is oily? I've noticed on some of my figures there this a small amount of lubricant around some of the joints to keep them from sticking. it could have been in some of the places where he snaps together to aid in his assembly.

Got my two Grannys today. Opened the first one and put it together and both the right arm, and the tail broke. Its the sockets that are inside the body that are breaking, not the arm and tail. Anyways, i decided to open the second one and blow dry all the sockets first to get them flexible. Limbs then attached to the body with ease, and once it cooled down he moves perfectly and the joints are tight. I would recommend this to everyone moving forward to use the blow dryer method to attach the limbs.

Will be returning the broken one to Matty and instead of a replacement, i'm getting a refund. I'm happy with the big guy, but in this being so fragile, i won't be happy owning two!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    Got my two Grannys today. Opened the first one and put it together and both the right arm, and the tail broke. Its the sockets that are inside the body that are breaking, not the arm and tail. Anyways, i decided to open the second one and blow dry all the sockets first to get them flexible. Limbs then attached to the body with ease, and once it cooled down he moves perfectly and the joints are tight. I would recommend this to everyone moving forward to use the blow dryer method to attach the limbs.

Will be returning the broken one to Matty and instead of a replacement, i'm getting a refund. I'm happy with the big guy, but in this being so fragile, i won't be happy owning two!
    I agree THIS is what's happening. The right arm did this on mine but not when I inserted it but later when I tried to move it so not sure if the hair dryer thing would have helped me (though it might have)

Got my Granamyr today in Australia. Went together pretty easily. A bit of careful force onthe legs and wings required.

I'd say the breaking may be due to the weather in the US? Colder climate means the plastic is a bit harder? Nice and hot down here in Oz, so plastic was nice and warm.

I will say he's not as grandiose as I was expecting. Definitely not $100+ spectacular. If he was $80 straight, it's a bit more acceptable but it's hard to ignore the shipping cost as part of the figure.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hmmmm, I have to chime in and say that I'm sweating a little bit now....

After reading through this thread, I am worried I may get a couple of defective dragons...

Even though I ordered mine about 2 min. into the sale, I still have not gotten a shipping notice, but that doesn't really anger me, what does anger me, however, is the way Matty handles returns, ugh!! I guess I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed for a non-defective 80 dollar figure..... (even though this should be a given.)
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    High quality product....

Heroic Warrior
    I got mine yesterday, which was a surprise considering it's sunday. I figured they wanted to get stuff out before Christmas, so I was happy to get it. Anyhoo, I have been reading about a lot of problems with him, and I had NO problems I was wondering if people are having problems if their figure was out in the cold before being delivered, and it's being opened right away and assembled. My figure sat in the house for most of the day before I could open it.

I opened him, and pulled everything out of the box. I made sure to examine all his parts really closely, just to check for cracks, or anything broken. Everything was fine. I was careful to assemble him, not to force anything, and everything went together fine. I would just say, if it's cold out, and your figure has been in a truck all day, let it warm up and come to room temperature. If it feels a little tough to assemble, warm up the sockets a bit with a blow dryer like other people have recommended.

I'm very nervous to get mine. Mattel really knows how to test the boundaries of their customers that's for sure. Castle Grayskull better not be shipped with any problems. It is really sad that a company like Mattel can take the stance of "oh well you'll keep buying no matter what we do."

Well, unless I get surprised and it arrives today, it will probably be Wednesday when I get mine. I will definitely let it sit and get to room temperature and have a hair dryer handy just to be safe.

Where are the pics of Granamyr fighting Fing Fam Foom?

I think the hairdryer idea is a great one, Keldor5579! It wasn't particularly cold when I tried to assemble mine (I'm in Southern California) but heating it would definitely make it easier if I ever get a replacement. Thanks for the suggestion!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I hate newgistics!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Got my Granamyr today in Australia. Went together pretty easily. A bit of careful force onthe legs and wings required.

I'd say the breaking may be due to the weather in the US? Colder climate means the plastic is a bit harder? Nice and hot down here in Oz, so plastic was nice and warm.

I will say he's not as grandiose as I was expecting. Definitely not $100+ spectacular. If he was $80 straight, it's a bit more acceptable but it's hard to ignore the shipping cost as part of the figure.
    How did you get yours in Australia before people on the East Coast? Mine shipped out one the first day! Hehe. Just jealous...that's all

- - - Updated - - -

Any release from Mattel or ToyGuru on this issue? Certainly seems widespread.

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Granamyr just arrived! Beautiful figure. The head, arms, and wings were a bit difficult to get on, but that's all. Love him!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    After reading about all of the problems with putting Granamyr together, I decided to heat everything with a hair dryer from the get go. I ended up having NO problems putting him together at all.

HOWEVER, I don't know whether to laugh or be upset, but my Granamyr only has 1 nipple
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I had no problem either with assembling that old dragon , but he doesnt really fit on my shelf
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    After reading about all of the problems with putting Granamyr together, I decided to heat everything with a hair dryer from the get go. I ended up having NO problems putting him together at all.

HOWEVER, I don't know whether to laugh or be upset, but my Granamyr only has 1 nipple
    Send him back for a quick replacement.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post

It's a wart.

I got a good tail but unfortunately his joints feel really cheaply made and his right shoulder joint caved into his chest. Called Matty and will have to wait a while for a replacement ... OH WELL!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    How did you get yours in Australia before people on the East Coast? Mine shipped out one the first day! Hehe. Just jealous...that's all

- - - Updated - - -

I know right? Here's a story for you... UPS shipping is hell fast to Australia. Goes fom California to Alaska, through SE Asia and to Western Australia in a few days. Only sucky part is shipping for anything starts at 50 bucks. So it's better used if you order a bunch of stuff. I order or around 5-6 online friends, so it makes shipping more reasonable.

Anyways, when I usually order stuff with UPS shipping, Matty takes up to a week to post it. I usually give it a few days and then email them, asking what gives. Magically, by the second email, I get a shipping notice. Coincidence?

With Granamyr, I didn't want to be left in the cold and have to wait weeks for them to get the remaining stok before they shipped. Kinda defeats the purpose of paying for UPS. So I send them a PRE-EMPTIVE email as soon as I order. Magically, by the second email, I get a shipping notice. He hits Western Australia on Sunday, gets delivered on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We get him first because we pay $50 to ups for fast shipping. So now he is a $130 toy

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Glad I passed on him.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I got mine yesterday, which was a surprise considering it's sunday. I figured they wanted to get stuff out before Christmas, so I was happy to get it. Anyhoo, I have been reading about a lot of problems with him, and I had NO problems I was wondering if people are having problems if their figure was out in the cold before being delivered, and it's being opened right away and assembled. My figure sat in the house for most of the day before I could open it.

I opened him, and pulled everything out of the box. I made sure to examine all his parts really closely, just to check for cracks, or anything broken. Everything was fine. I was careful to assemble him, not to force anything, and everything went together fine. I would just say, if it's cold out, and your figure has been in a truck all day, let it warm up and come to room temperature. If it feels a little tough to assemble, warm up the sockets a bit with a blow dryer like other people have recommended.
    I got Granamyr yesterday afternoon, but waited until today to open him! The cold might be a good explanation as to why things are breaking.

And Granamyr was child-tested? Does that mean that the children assembled him too? Without breakage?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I just put mine together with the blow dryer trick, it all went ok except for the right arm which comes out when you move it. The clips inside the torso just gave way when I pushed the arm in. I'm just going to put some silicone on the peg and let it dry to keep it in place.

It is the same looking joint as some of my dc classics baf arms which also pop out when you touch them (like kalibaks arms)

Anyway, great job to 4H, best figure to date in my opinion for the sheer size and effect.