Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I just assembled him! No blowdryer needed! Nothing was cracked or damaged and I was extremely careful!

Granamyr was not a character that I was overly excited for. I liked the MYP dragon designs (hmmm...that's something I need to add to my screencaps) better than the pot-bellied, squating, almost comical Filmation design, but now it's starting to grow on me because of the figure being so awesome!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

If you assemble his arms and upper torso first you can fix up the right arm clips so the arm does not pop out. I worked this out after I had put him all together and had to use a long metal skewer with a small bend at the end to push the clips into the correct spot.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    My right arm shoulderjoint is not working the way it should, too. I pulled the body apart to get an inside view and saw that the joint doesn´t move at all. The arm-pin is moving inside the socket and bending the holdingclips to the side, when i turn him. I have to get a replacement too
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 25, 2012 at 05:37am.

Has anyone been able to take him apart - in particular the upper and lower torso, I pulled very hard but it would not seperate. I want to get behind the arm joint to fix all the clips properly.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    We get him first because we pay $50 to ups for fast shipping. So now he is a $130 toy
    The magic number was 5 with UPS shipping. Around $107 per Granny that way. Unfortunately, I had to order six, but still only $112 per dragon.

Opened my Granamyr this morning and his right arm just falls out with the slightest bump. So much for a high-quality $80 item
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    Has anyone been able to take him apart - in particular the upper and lower torso, I pulled very hard but it would not seperate. I want to get behind the arm joint to fix all the clips properly.
    It can come off, my socket caved in so I figured *** if I break it more trying to fix it they are still goign to take it back so I ripped the torso off. Popped out the socket and placed it in correctly and now Granamyr is fixed!
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    OMG,don't know about you guys but this tail is a nightmare to put in,i definitely gave up.
    i guess i'll be looking for a toy repairman so he can do something clean wit that ****.
    last time i'm bying some XXL items at Matty's,well expect CG but it's not really comparable anyway.

Wow, I had zero issues at all! Mine was absolutely perfect.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    OMG,don't know about you guys but this tail is a nightmare to put in,i definitely gave up.
    i guess i'll be looking for a toy repairman so he can do something clean wit that ****.
    last time i'm bying some XXL items at Matty's,well expect CG but it's not really comparable anyway.
    It will be comparable, when Mattel do their quality "magic" on a 250$ item...

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Wow, I had zero issues at all! Mine was absolutely perfect.
    Mine was also...well, except he is missing a nipple. LOL.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Awww man!..don't you think i had my share of disappointment?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still waiting on my shipping notice. I'm kind of worried after hearing about all the issues so far, although I've never had any issues with my figures yet.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    There is no nipple missing, its a wart! Garanamyr has no nipples.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine!! The wings were the hard part for me,his head also. No flaws or other problems with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know what the deal is, but this does make me worry about Castle Grayskull too

I hope they are just very attentive to quality control on that item. It would be so embarassing for Scott and Mattel if Grayskull ships to customers in broken pieces
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    That's a really cool picture, Raptor.

Usually when people start getting something, I regret not getting it myself. Here, though, I gotta say I'm kinda feeling my decision was justified. I hate not liking this guy as he seems like he should be really cool and he's the first MOTUC character/ item other than stands I've skipped.
    Same here.

I am positive we will see him on clearance at some point - even if its when the line ends (he will be the last remaining item - I bet he shows up in Mattel's tent sale at their HQ someday).

If I had paid almost $100 for him I would feel so ripped off. He looks terrible - the feet jump out at me the most - the seam is terrible; yes there had to be one, but I cannot recall when I saw such a poor blending of two parts in a commercial toy product in quite some time. The rest of him is not much better. He looks like a cheap hunk of plastic you would give to a toddler except he is too easily breakable.

And with how fragile he seems to be, and people having to post tutorials about how not to break him the first time you take him out of the box to assemble him, I can honestly say I have never been so happy to have not bought something in my life (well, probably equal with choosing not to get FB stock, LOL).

I got mine yesterday assembled him and have posed him and moved him around without any problems.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

People waiting for him to go on clearance might end up disappointed. With a big price increase next year, Granamyr on clearance--if that even happens--could end up being roundabout the same price that he is now. One of the reasons I caved and ordered. I think we'll see him for sale at higher price point first, and with the quality issues being reported, they might end up burning through CS stock.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    All these issues people are having really concern me. It wasn't easy paying for the kind of Christmas we have on top of the December order plus two Granamyr's and if this dragon is anything less than perfection when Cornerstone Logistics finally gets off their fat @$#&$ and ships my figure which has been sitting in Fishers Indiana for nearly a week now, I'm going to be in an exceptionally nasty mood when I call to get a replacement especially since this figure was supposed to be here on the 24th and since its been touted and celebrated as a holy grail piece in this line.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I considered Granamyr but ultimately decided against it. I am sorry for those of you who bought him and are experiencing any issues.

In any event, the main reason I passed on him was the price point, although it is a little more complicated than deciding $100 was not an acceptable price for him.

After seeing him in a couple videos it became clear that this guy was going to be almost all profit for Mattel. I mean, just look at him, hollow chest, un-assembled, ...worth $80???

Ever wonder why they will not consider another vehicle such as fan demanded Battle Ram but jumped at the chance to issue this somewhat less popular large beast? Profit margin, clearly. A vehicle would take more resources on their end.

And what that means for us consumers is that we are simply paying well above what we should for a figure like this.

I will reconsider if his price drops drastically in the future.

Got Granamyr on Christmas Eve so I was able to open him as a Christmas present (along with Mosquitor and Procrustus). I love Granamyr. Came in perfect condition and just looks awesome next to He-Man. No complaints here!
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Mine was also...well, except he is missing a nipple. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    There is no nipple missing, its a wart! Garanamyr has no nipples.
    Dragon nipples? Is that an appropriate topic for conversation?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

New poll to find out percentage of Granamyr's tail port breakage

I've started a poll trying to find out the percentage of Granamyr figures with broken tail ports. Would those of you who have already received him please vote and let us get a more accurate portrait of what's going on with this guy? Thanks!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...r-part)-broken

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Remember how in EVERY single video where Scott presented Granamyr, the tail would always pop off. He would always try to put it back on... And it would always fall off. It happened in Pixel Dan's walk-through. It happened in Scott's own video about Granamyr.

This tail problem was obviously evident in the samples. I wonder why this problem persists.
    No. I don't remember the tail ever falling off in any of those videos. In fact, I did not even know there was an issue with Granamyr until someone said something in the other topic yesterday.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.