Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    No. I don't remember the tail ever falling off in any of those videos. In fact, I did not even know there was an issue with Granamyr until someone said something in the other topic yesterday.
    How is life under your rock?
    I kid. But seriously, Granamyr sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Mine was also...well, except he is missing a nipple. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    There is no nipple missing, its a wart! Garanamyr has no nipples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Dragon nipples? Is that an appropriate topic for conversation?
    Hahaha! You might be right Bennie. lol.

But all kidding aside. If it is a wart then it is in a really weird place
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Hahaha! You might be right Bennie. lol.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Court Magician
    Now I'm worried, had to pay almost 70 dlls for the shipping of the three (Granny, Procrustus and Mosquitor) to Mexico, and will have to pay around 50dlls for the tax (and importing fees). And to think that I might have to return it, REALLY! it is crazy, really hope mine comes in perfect shape with no problems. Once it gets shipped, my order went through at minute 15 after the sell started and still "order in process" 9 days after.
    Last edited by legodrew; December 26, 2012 at 12:56pm. Reason: redaction

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know what the deal is, but this does make me worry about Castle Grayskull too

I hope they are just very attentive to quality control on that item. It would be so embarassing for Scott and Mattel if Grayskull ships to customers in broken pieces
    It will just be a giant pile of "special bricks" (aka Green Legos) with "Some Assembly Required" on the box. And a paper outside to attach to give the visual of rock.

I wish mine would just show up, I am a wreck over the issues.

So first make sure there are no broken pieces.

Second blow dry the body for easy fitting.

Third put arms on first incase work needs to be done under the chest.

Am I missing anything?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    No, thats inderd the way to go ;-) When my replacement arrives i'll do it the same way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    I'm just going to put some silicone on the peg and let it dry to keep it in place.
    This upsets me.

You shouldn't have to do this with a BRAND NEW (80 dollar) TOY......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I just received mine a little while ago. I am happy to report that I was able to put him together without any heating up (though I did let him adjust from the cold temp at room temp for a while) and have no tail/arm/leg issues. He does have a bit of a bobble head but not too bad. So happy that I didn't get a defective one!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    How is life under your rock?
    I kid. But seriously, Granamyr sucks.
    It is quite nice actually given that I haven't bothered paying attention to the Granamyr topics since I haven't been able to afford one yet. And now, I think I'll just pass altogether and buy that MonsterArts Space Godzilla when I get paid on Monday instead.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I was able to heat mine up and take the upper torso off. Afterwards I heated up the pegs, pushed them inward, loosened the socket so the arm could turn, and then applied a touch of superglue to the pegs. It works fine now but for an $80 toy you shouldn't have to do this.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Any repositioning of the arms causes them to come off. There really is very little QC for this line anymore.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I received my Granamyr today. After putting him together, I really like the sculpt of the figure. However, I am having problems with the left arm. It will always pop out when you try and move it. You can pop the arm back into a position that you want it to be in, but once you move the arm, it falls off.

Also while holding the giants and the regular figures up to Granamyr, I really can't justify the $80 price. It seems like a $50 toy to me.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I'm hoping for a nice, easy to understand tutorial on how to fix this "little" problem. Also, anyone who has recieved theirs, please stop by the Granamyr tail socket poll, to tell us what kind of condition yours arrived in.

I just ordered mine! I'm so excited to get him and I was happy he was still available. I didn't think I would be able to pick him up on Matty because of finances, but my parents gave me some money for Christmas and I was able to pick him up today! I'm a little worried about the problems people are facing but glad I had to wait to get him because I can be more aware as I put him together.

Opie.png

I really think Opie from Family Guy does the quality control for Mattel now that he left the Pawtucket Brewery on Family Guy

I opened my Granamyr today, no problems and he is incredible! The sculpt is amazing! Even my wife commented on how much she liked him. Sorry to hear people are having issues with him, I hope they are resolved because a figure this cool doesn't come along everyday!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

WARNING - PLAYING WITH THE ARM SOCKET WILL MAKE IT VERY LOOSE

I was able to separate my upper and lower torso and push the right arm clips in place but the arm still pops out easily - **** design i think. Anyway after playing around with the arm socket for a while it is now loose so be very careful about stuffing around with the sockets too much or you might end up with an arm that wont stay up in a posable position and pops out as well.

I considered a replacement but DR bamboozled me with about 10 emails asking for this and that info, then resent my original order confirmation and asked what do i want? In the end i have ordered a second Granamyr as i wont be able to stand waiting long enough for the replacement process - 2-3 weeks to return and then they will send it via slow shipping which is 6 - 8 weeks to Australia even though i paid for UPS international.

**** service, **** product but im a completest with this line and have to have a Granamyr in my collection.

My Granamyr arrived, mine was also broken at the tail clip in ring inside the hollow belly area. I ended up having to figure out a way to fix the tail problem.
    Also, mine has the reported loose left arm issue of it coming out when articulated at all...

Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    WARNING - PLAYING WITH THE ARM SOCKET WILL MAKE IT VERY LOOSE

I was able to separate my upper and lower torso and push the right arm clips in place but the arm still pops out easily - **** design i think. Anyway after playing around with the arm socket for a while it is now loose so be very careful about stuffing around with the sockets too much or you might end up with an arm that wont stay up in a posable position and pops out as well.

I considered a replacement but DR bamboozled me with about 10 emails asking for this and that info, then resent my original order confirmation and asked what do i want? In the end i have ordered a second Granamyr as i wont be able to stand waiting long enough for the replacement process - 2-3 weeks to return and then they will send it via slow shipping which is 6 - 8 weeks to Australia even though i paid for UPS international.

**** service, **** product but im a completest with this line and have to have a Granamyr in my collection.
    That's absolutely absurd that that is the customer service you and the rest of us still receive after all this time. Mattycollector and Digital River have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That's absolutely absurd that that is the customer service you and the rest of us still receive after all this time. Mattycollector and Digital River have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.
    I'm not even going to try and return my Granamyr for that same reason. Mine has a large paint chip missing off of his helmet and his arms fall out every time I touch them.

But I had to return my Dekker figure last month and I was asked question after question about what was wrong with him and all of the information they asked for was found in the very first email I sent them. It took weeks of back and forth before they would send a replacement. Now I have a Procrustus with an arm which arrived snapped off at the joint I am going back and forth with now.

Matty's customer service is so bad I'll just live with the flaws on my dragon because I can't stand talking to them again so soon.
    Last edited by davidlogan; December 26, 2012 at 11:15pm.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Very bad service - this was on top of the issue of my Voltron Black Lion not arriving here in Australia and when i requested a replacement they admitted to me that they had sold the remaining CS stock in the BF/CM sale so im up for about $150 for a Black lion off ebay and an $80 Dragon with floppy fall out arms - merry xmas to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm not even going to try and return my Granamyr for that same reason. Mine has a large paint chip missing off of his helmet and his arms fall out every time I touch them.

But I had to return my Dekker figure last month and I was asked question after question about what was wrong with him and all of the information they asked for was found in the very first email I sent them. It took weeks of back and forth before they would send a replacement. Now I have a Procrustus with an arm which arrived snapped off at the joint I am going back and forth with now.

Matty's customer server is so bad I'll just live with the flaws on my dragon because I can't stand talking to them again so soon.
    Im sure we get some sort of X against our account if we give them trouble and they then have the OK to become hostile. I have had 1 other return this year and a missing shipment so i assume im up to 2 XX.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    lol

Man, this bad CS talk makes me wonder if I still even want to collect the line anymore. In fact, this is the 5th time in the last 12 months I have thought this way, and it is making me think if I am really getting serious about just selling off my entire collection.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It is the customer service (lack there of) that will kill this line. Not the price. Not the Quality Control issues. But the way they (Mattel and Digital River) treat us as customers.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    It is the customer service (lack there of) that will kill this line. Not the price. Not the Quality Control issues. But the way they (Mattel and Digital River) treat us as customers.
    Well, that, and the fact that their figures are falling apart....

Although I've never had any QC issues with MOTUC in the past, and I haven't received my Granamyr yet, I am concerned by what I've been reading lately...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!