Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    This method won't work on my Granamyr due to the length of the actual four clips and how they were molded, no matter how many time I've tired pushing the right arm into the socket or heat the socket and the clips inward! The design and the plastic material of the joints weren't a good choice for this figure, that's why some of us have problems in different areas of the figure, at least that's my own humble opinion... The only solution to fix mine is to glue the shoulder's rod into the ring joint, or of course take the risk and send him back and wait, hoping for Mattel to send me a flawless figure...
    Sorry to hear it, I still have a few days before I receive mine and all I can be is hopeful.
    I just started collecting MOTUC in Nov 2012 and just trying to play catch up.
    I read that article this morning and thought it might help some.

Court Magician
    Hey guys, as of this day, posting in this thread of the arrival o Granamyr nobody has mentioned the hour the buy was made, could some of you guys with granny already home tell us the time you made the buy, so that we can at least imagine the way its been shipped, I bought it 15 minutes after the sale started and to this day still havent received a shipping confirmation.

I bought him the instant he went on sale, with absolutely no WSOD, and he shipped on the 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I bought him the instant he went on sale, with absolutely no WSOD.
    Same here... And mine was shipped on the 21st, and delivered to my work place on the 24th, and I picked him up just last evening because I'm still on vacation time. Great looking dragon figure no doubt, but sadly I wasn't too lucky with him...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Oops. I forgot to mention the date that he shipped. It was the 18th. Last post updated.

Same here... And mine was shipped on the 21st, and delivered to my work place on the 24th, and I picked him up just last evening because I'm still on vacation time. Great looking dragon figure no doubt, but sadly I wasn't too lucky with him...
    ordered a few minutes after (9:00 am /12:00 pm eastern) sales day and Shipped on the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    Hey guys, as of this day, posting in this thread of the arrival o Granamyr nobody has mentioned the hour the buy was made, could some of you guys with granny already home tell us the time you made the buy, so that we can at least imagine the way its been shipped, I bought it 15 minutes after the sale started and to this day still havent received a shipping confirmation.
    Yeah, it's funny b/c TG mentioned that the people who ordered 1st/earliest would be the one's to receive their Granamyr first. If DR could accomplish this feat. Than why in the world can't they figure out how to combine shipping on items. Seriously.....

Well, I'm still waiting for shipment, but I ordered about 2-3 hours into the sale.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Got my Granamyr today and he is ALMOST perfect. The tail is fine but the left arm pops out when I try to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Got my Granamyr today and he is ALMOST perfect. The tail is fine but the left arm pops out when I try to move it.
    See guys, the QC joint problems are becoming more prominent ...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    ***Knock on wood*** so far my Granamyr and Procrustus are both fine. I had no problems assembling either of them. I've been able to move Granamyr's tails, arms, and legs and nothing is falling out or broken to the best I can tell. Hopefully he stays this way!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

See guys, the QC joint problems are becoming more prominent ...
    It almost seems like its the sculpt and not the engineering of the joint. Mine clicks in fine but there is a bulge that forces the arm to pop out of its socket.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    I ordered it within the first couple of minutes it went on sale. He shipped on Dec. 18 and arrived on Dec. 28.

It almost seems like its the sculpt and not the engineering of the joint. Mine clicks in fine but there is a bulge that forces the arm to pop out of its socket.
    That might be the deal mine too, though it isn't overly pronounced. It's also a little bit wobbly but doesn't pop out immediately unless I mess with it a lot. A minor annoyance to me but I can deal with it since it isn't too bad on mine. Plus, Granamyr has "made me whole."
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I guess I dodged a bullet cause my Granny came in great shape and is fantastic. No problems at all. I love him.

I would recommend that you attach the arms to the upper torso first when assembling Granamyr. Look through the bottom of the torso and line up the pegs with the clips exactly and then push slowly until they "click" in. The clips IMO are the real problem with the figure. They're too stiff and brittle. I think a lot of the arm problems are from the arms not being inserted properly. The clips are so brittle that one small movement one way or another could make the clips snap pretty easy. I also heated up the wings and head which helped as well with those parts.

As much a s I love the art on the box I kind of wish Mattel had just put him in a window box so that we didn't have to assemble him. I know it would have drove up the shipping and packaging cost but IMO that's better than a broken figure.

Same here mine showed up today and the joints all went together great and I have had no problems moving his limbs or positioning him how I want
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're in agreement. I feel the plastic is faulty, both in thickness, design, and material.

Also, cold things are more brittle.

But here I think is where we may differ, but only a very small amount. I believe that the lower the temp, the more fragile; but that doesn't mean that it has to be 20 degrees outside in order to affect the plastic.

And finally, we agree totally again.

This is purely Mattel's bad; but I just want the community to know of some things that can possibly help them avoid issues. I don't doubt for a second that some will still break, as evidenced by the fact that many are arriving broken, but if some people can avoid problems by heating up the ports, and also doing the arms before they assemble the torso to the lower body, so that they can apply pressure to the ring from the inside of the torso, while they assemble the arms, then it's worth mentioning this to as many people as possible. Even if only one persons very expensive figure is saved.
    I know cold things are more brittle, I was never arguing that, but realistically these things weren't freeze dried or subjected to sub zero temps is what I was meaning, so realistically the composition of the plastic was not altered by nature, it may well be cold and force is what's causing it to break, and it shouldn't matter if that is the case, it shouldn't happen on a $22 figure, let alone an $80 monster of a figure. It's the pure fact that if it's too thin....it's going to break anyway, especially if the tail is moved too much or even a few times....and that is by Mattel's hand that he was cast so thin in places, and there's no doubt it's not just a fluke as it appears quite a few are having the exact same issues with breaking in the same exact spot. Not to mention the other issue with the arms....just by looking at the inside of the figure in the pics I can tell it's not very well engineered....Another Ruben Masterpiece of design!
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Got mine, he was perfect. No problems. And he is awesume

I'm not sure if the 4HM sculpted the inner joints, more likely it's Mattel's engineering choice, however in my case it's the actual clips that are molded inefficiently. I still believe the actual joint design was poor or wasn't perfected or inspected enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That might be the deal mine too, though it isn't overly pronounced. It's also a little bit wobbly but doesn't pop out immediately unless I mess with it a lot. A minor annoyance to me but I can deal with it since it isn't too bad on mine. Plus, Granamyr has "made me whole."
    That mean's the problem is there to begin with, but probably in your case it wasn't as bad as the rest of us who are reporting it here... I wonder if only some of us just received a defective batch, or the problem is actually a little more wide spread than reported!
    I'm planning to buy another Granamyr if ever gets discounted (that if he doesn't totally sell out), and see how lucky I am with him.
    On a positive note, my Procrustus totally rocks.
    Last edited by Darkkosis; December 29, 2012 at 03:00am.

Court Magician
    Thanks for the info guys, then I hope mine will ship in the next couple of days.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Cold plastic or not, the plastic is way too thin for what it has to do, and how much pressure it takes to snap something into it, yes being cold doesn't help, but realistically it shouldn't matter unless you were putting it together outside in 20 degree weather.

Yes, you should probably let the figure warm up a bit before attempting it, but you shouldn't have to think of it just so your figure don't break.
    Some fans might be trying to assemble Granamyr within minutes of getting him at the door, instead of letting the package reach room temperature. I got my Granamyr the day before Christmas, but I opened him the next morning carefully. I had no problems.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Nope mine stood under the Christmas tree for several days and i assembled him very carefully. I was able to move both arms without knowing that on the right arm, i didn´t turn the joint but the armpin inside the socket(the joint was stuck). So everytime i moved the arm, the pins were bend, resulting in a totally loose arm which falls off now everytime i move it, despite i was able to loose up the stuck joint later with a screwdriver.
    Waiting now for 3 days for my e-ticket to return him.They said it would take 2 days until i´ll get it. Mailed them again and they now told me i have to wait another 2 days

I guess the´re playing for time, cause they have no stock, whatever.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Yeah mine says the same thing. Our grannys must be hangin' out together in Fishers, IN.
    Thanks for letting me know! I was beginning to wonder! Maybe our dragons are kicking it in the snow ahead of shelf sitting for life, who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Has suggestions on how to make sure your Granamyr’s arms snap in correctly:

http://www.preternia.com/2012/12/25/...ure-watch-out/

My Granamyr Locations is Fishers,IN 46037
    Well thats 3 of us at least who's Granamyr's are on a tour of Fishers Indiana because FedEx can't find a snow plow.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Finally....a notice....this morning....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Thanks for letting me know! I was beginning to wonder! Maybe our dragons are kicking it in the snow ahead of shelf sitting for life, who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

Well thats 3 of us at least who's Granamyr's are on a tour of Fishers Indiana because FedEx can't find a snow plow.
    make it four! last update is fishers, 3:19 on the 21st. frustrating. definitely should have been here by now. hope our granamyrs are having fun together (and not breaking each other's tails and arms! lol.)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Is there a way to separate the upper torso from the lower torso without damaging the figure? I could probably tighten the arm up a touch if I can get back in there. I messed with it this morning and it did not fall out, but it's still wobbly. No real biggie but I might try to tighten it if I can.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com