Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Just got my shipping notice after ordering him the first two minutes he was available... lol.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Well, I was only kidding but I ended up being right. I just now got a shipping notice for my second Granamyr that I just ordered Sunday. Six business days and counting that I still don't have a return label for my first one.

Got my shipping notice as well. So, I should have him in a few days. I ordered him a day after he went on sale.

Shipping notice in my inbox this morning. Happy New Year... I hope

Haradrel,

In some threads you make sense, but not in this one. Just because you didn't buy one or didn't have problems, doesn't mean that the ones that broke were due to negligence. And yes, you basically said that with your iPad analogy. Someone made a simple statement that the toy should not break. You need to stop being so combative with everyone on these boards. I really couldn't care less what you do for a living, so unless you work on the MOTUC line with Scott, stop telling us all how we should feel and act. Jut stop.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Just got my shipping notice!! Did anyone else notice the misspelling of Granamyr?

W8905 * * * *MOTU: Gyanamy 1 * * * * * *1 * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * * *$80.00
    Y3184 * * * *MOTU: Mosquit 2 * * * * * *2 * * * * * *2 * * * * * * * * *$44.00
    W8892 * * * *MOTU Oversize 1 * * * * * *1 * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * * *$44.00

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Haradrel,

In some threads you make sense, but not in this one. Just because you didn't buy one or didn't have problems, doesn't mean that the ones that broke were due to negligence. And yes, you basically said that with your iPad analogy. Someone made a simple statement that the toy should not break. You need to stop being so combative with everyone on these boards. I really couldn't care less what you do for a living, so unless you work on the MOTUC line with Scott, stop telling us all how we should feel and act. Jut stop.
    While I agree about the iPad statement (fans might not be aware of the cold UPS truck issue making the plastic brittle/poor pegs and aren't trying to break their Granamyrs on purpose), I think he's trying to be a voice of reason because some upset fans go way overboard with their expectations on quality control (not that Mattel's wacky decisions help things) and expect absolute perfection on every item produced. It sucks for those who got a faulty Granamyr, but SOME of the production run of figures are going to come with problems. To expect every figure that comes off the assembly line to be free of quality control issues, even the most expensive figures, is fanciful thinking.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

15. That is all the pictures that are in toyguru's thread,15 pics. Stop telling us how we should feel for a toy some of us have not even received yet,your and others time would be better spent getting toyguru's granamyr pics thread loaded with pics. The old saying,pics or it did not happen. People can post over and over again,yet can not figure out how to take a pic or a video. This is the only way Mattel will listen. Any other argument is mute. Pics,pics,pics. If mine is defective,you better beleive I will post pics,if I have trouble I will ask someone here for help.

15 pics,Mattel is lazy for not giving us the best product,but we are no better. We are just as lazy. 15 pics. Really,that is why I am worrying over my dragon showing up.

Please take pics or video of your defective granamyr and post in tg's thread.
    Last edited by horseman1981; January 1, 2013 at 09:55am. Reason: Word
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I got my shipping notice overnight! I'm still very much looking forward to getting Granny!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    It has been said many times that Granamyr is the size of a small child; Well here is the proof!!

Here he is with my new little girl!!! She is almost 3 months old and they are the SAME SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You gave birth to a dragon?! And I didn't know Granamyr came with a MOTU t-shirt and socks. Didn't know he needed socks...or hair. Hmmm...

I also got my shipping confirmation yesterday for my DOS Granamyr, Procrustus and Mosquitor. Rolling the dice...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Well Happy New Year! Granamyr, Procrustus & Mosquitor finally shipped! Yeeah! Can't wait.

Anybody else can't track their shipment? Matty says order complete, email says it shipped. However no bank charge & ups cant find the order. Not liking how this is looking.
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; January 1, 2013 at 10:36am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Well Happy New Year! Granamyr, Procrustus & Mosquitor finally shipped! Yeeah! Can't wait.

Anybody else can't track their shipment? Matty says order complete, email says it shipped. However no bank charge & ups cant find the order. Not liking how this is looking.
    I got the shipped email, Matty says "order complete," but UPS says that 'label has been created.' I assume it hasn't shipped because of the holiday.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You gave birth to a dragon?! And I didn't know Granamyr came with a MOTU t-shirt and socks. Didn't know he needed socks...or hair. Hmmm...

What can I say, my wife is a trooper!! The shirt was free, the socks were in a weapons pack..........

Seriously though, my little baby girl wont know what to do with herself when she comes of age to enjoy MOTU classics!! I've been buying up one of every item for her from the beginning!!! She is a completist

^^

That is what I figured too, usually they hit my account immediately. I guess everybody is hungover today and working slow.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    While I agree about the iPad statement (fans might not be aware of the cold UPS truck issue making the plastic brittle/poor pegs and aren't trying to break their Granamyrs on purpose), I think he's trying to be a voice of reason because some upset fans go way overboard with their expectations on quality control (not that Mattel's wacky decisions help things) and expect absolute perfection on every item produced. It sucks for those who got a faulty Granamyr, but SOME of the production run of figures are going to come with problems. To expect every figure that comes off the assembly line to be free of quality control issues, even the most expensive figures, is fanciful thinking.
    We don't expect every time to be perfect, but in the last year, 6 figures have had some sort of defect issue, if not more. And something that is $100 should have been tested ahead of time.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I guess everybody is hungover today and working slow.
    Yes. It hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    15. That is all the pictures that are in toyguru's thread,15 pics. Stop telling us how we should feel for a toy some of us have not even received yet,your and others time would be better spent getting toyguru's granamyr pics thread loaded with pics. The old saying,pics or it did not happen. People can post over and over again,yet can not figure out how to take a pic or a video. This is the only way Mattel will listen. Any other argument is mute. Pics,pics,pics. If mine is defective,you better beleive I will post pics,if I have trouble I will ask someone here for help.

15 pics,Mattel is lazy for not giving us the best product,but we are no better. We are just as lazy. 15 pics. Really,that is why I am worrying over my dragon showing up.

With the problem that some of us are having, pictures aren't going to do justice. The left arm of my Granamyr kept popping out when you moved it. Looking at the inside of Granamyr where the left arm plugs into....there were no broken parts. Showing pictures of a Granamyr with no broken pieces is kind of moot, but it doesn't mean that there still wasn't a problem. I simply had to keep applying glue to the left arm hole to "plug" up some space so the arm stays in a little bit better...(but it does still fall out).

For the best reference on my problem, simply take your Swift Wind figure and move the wing and watch the wing pop out as well.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    With the problem that some of us are having, pictures aren't going to do justice. The left arm of my Granamyr kept popping out when you moved it. Looking at the inside of Granamyr where the left arm plugs into....there were no broken parts. Showing pictures of a Granamyr with no broken pieces is kind of moot, but it doesn't mean that there still wasn't a problem. I simply had to keep applying glue to the left arm hole to "plug" up some space so the arm stays in a little bit better...(but it does still fall out).

For the best reference on my problem, simply take your Swift Wind figure and move the wing and watch the wing pop out as well.
    Why not take pictures of the arm joints and the socket anyway and explain the problem in that Granamyr thread? Let them know there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    We don't expect every time to be perfect, but in the last year, 6 figures have had some sort of defect issue, if not more. And something that is $100 should have been tested ahead of time.
    Mattel probably DID test Granamyr, but didn't account for the cold of the mailing vehicles making Granamyr's plastic brittle. Grief...I'm sounding like a Matty Apologist and I'm far from one.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I got my shipping notice! Happy New Year to me!

And Yodafreakmaster, your daughter is precious! Where'd you get her tee? My 9-month-old Hermione needs one! She had fun opening Procrustus last night, and her new trike is sporting a PoP sticker.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

Watch it, or you'll get the less than 10% or any error rate is acceptable as long as it's Mattel crowd on you, also you'll be getting wow only 15 Granamyrs out of (say) 10,000 are broken, when we all know every known MOTUC collector is represented here on the Org, to post their figures are broken, or the fact that everyone who has ordered him already has him to say if he's broken or not...

And the cold argument is not really an issue, for one, yeah it's cold, everything is more brittle when cold, but there are plastics that are cold everyday, MOTUC are made from more flexible plastics, except those with Transparent plastic, Transparent plastic is the most brittle plastic regardless of temperature. I have left a lot of things in my shed, old toys, and the like, and even in the dead of winter I can take them out and mess with them and never fear breaking them, the cold is just a cop out, Granamyr would still have this issue if it was 100 outside.

Granamyr is made from thinner plastic, mostly due to being rotocast instead of injected, and the joints are of course the weakest spots, therefore that is the reason he is brittle, not the cold....sure the cold doesn't help to a small matter of degrees, but the fact is if it's gonna break, it's gonna break. I see the pics, and anyone with an eye can see how thin the plastic on a high stress joint like that tail is, you have to push the tail in. And those "clips" are supposed to hold up to the pressure of being snapped into place, and the added ability to turn as well? Yeah, for one the consumer has to assemble it, yeah I get the money saved by doing it, fine....but make the damn plastic stronger and thicker in a hollow ass figure the customer has to assemble themselves.

At this point I'll take mine out of the box to examine it, but more than likely he will remain boxed.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    It has been said many times that Granamyr is the size of a small child; Well here is the proof!!

Here he is with my new little girl!!! She is almost 3 months old and they are the SAME SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment 81229

Attachment 81230

Where'd you get the MOTU shirt for the baby? Mine wants one!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

My Granamyr came the other day and he is huge! He was relatively easy to put together compared with the Griffin's wings. I love this figure and I still can't get over that he came out in this line

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I got my shipping notice! Happy New Year to me!

And Yodafreakmaster, your daughter is precious! Where'd you get her tee? My 9-month-old Hermione needs one! She had fun opening Procrustus last night, and her new trike is sporting a PoP sticker.
    Thanks for the kind words!! I need to get her a She-Ra one quick

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Where'd you get the MOTU shirt for the baby? Mine wants one!
    I found the onesie and many other cool ones on ebay. Not sure if I can share the link on the forums......

Just search "he-man onepiece" on there and it will take you to that item. Once there, you can browse the sellers store Good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So are you saying that because Microsoft had a 7% fail ratio on their initial 360s, that was okay because it was less than 10%? I'm sorry, but anything above .5% if unacceptable in my book.

But people shouldn't have to. They should not be paying for an $80 toy they have to assemble themselves, let alone have to treat it like a precious mineral. Mattel claims they still have regulations and standards they have to follow, which is why we get soft as **** weapons and hands, but when it comes to QC, they can do whatever they desire without a care in the world.

How about those Voltron sword holders? People followed Mattel's instructions and got their swords locked into the holders because there is no way to get it out once you put it in without breaking the holder. Are you okay with that or are you going to defend Mattel on that too?
    Speaking as a manufacturing engineer, with customer service relationship experience and return experience, usually anything above a 0.1% for a single defect is unacceptable. Internal yields (AKA QC) will usually run in the 80-95% range depending on the product. So assuming the 10,000 unit production. Anything above 10 having to be returned for the same reason would usually fall outside of the acceptable. And any 25 being returned would be classified for a total sort or recall. But hey... that's just for rearview mirrors and steel. These are toys so why should we be upset! :P

And the ipad argument would only be valid if the instructions said to throw it on the ground. Now if someone were using a sledgehammer, regular hammer, or hydraulic press to put the tail and arms together, then yes that is silly and user error. But I have seen "widgets" returned that were broken in half, and we apologized for it. So Scott... repeat after me... "Mattel is sorry about Granymyr. There were design flaws and it was not tested well enough."

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Speaking as a manufacturing engineer, with customer service relationship experience and return experience, usually anything above a 0.1% for a single defect is unacceptable. Internal yields (AKA QC) will usually run in the 80-95% range depending on the product. So assuming the 10,000 unit production. Anything above 10 having to be returned for the same reason would usually fall outside of the acceptable. And any 25 being returned would be classified for a total sort or recall. But hey... that's just for rearview mirrors and steel. These are toys so why should we be upset! :P

And the ipad argument would only be valid if the instructions said to throw it on the ground. Now if someone were using a sledgehammer, regular hammer, or hydraulic press to put the tail and arms together, then yes that is silly and user error. But I have seen "widgets" returned that were broken in half, and we apologized for it. So Scott... repeat after me... "Mattel is sorry about Granymyr. There were design flaws and it was not tested well enough."
    Thank you very much for this post.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.