Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

I realy did want to get a granamyr but not so sure now will probley have to pass on that extra Grayskull as well.cant wait to hear any QC problems with that one. with lets hope not matell.

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    I realy did want to get a granamyr but not so sure now will probley have to pass on that extra Grayskull as well.cant wait to hear any QC problems with that one. with lets hope not matell.
    I sure hope Scott reads this and takes it to heart.

Just got my shipping notice today --better get that blowdryer warmed up!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    My Granamyr came today, upon inspection everything looked great, but to be safe, I did blow dry all the joints before assembling. I also assembled the arms to the upper torso first, just incase I'd need to reach inside the chest cavity - the good news - he assembled perfectly and is AMAZING. Here is an iPhone pic:

Will Tuesday just get here already? Need...giant...dragon...
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    My Granamyr's tail connecting tabs were broken right out of the box. But since I wasn't planning to pose his tail any way but straight anyway, I just superglued that bad boy into place. He's now sitting on my shelf, looming over virtually everyone and looking generally awesome. An almost 30 year wait FINALLY coming to an end. I love him. Absolutely my favorite figure for MOTUC 2012.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

I ordered mine the minute it went on sale, without the WSOD, and I just got shipping confirmation at midnight 1/1/13. And I live in San Diego.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine was delivered today I hope all goes well when I get home and assemble it.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Got mine today in Buffalo, NY. Let it warm up a while inside, then after checking all the joints to make sure nothing was broken I assembled it, arms first, after blowdrying it for 30 seconds or so. It all went together fine, joints are all nice and tight and functional.

I feel bad for those that got a broken figure, and I hope you all get functional replacements from Matty because this thing is freaking amazing. Easily my favorite figure of the year.

Just got Granamyr!! !!
    He's absolutely amazing! No issues whatsoever, don't understand how some people are breaking it

It looks mighty impressive on my shelf!
    MOTUC is still rocking hard!! !
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    My Granamyr came today, upon inspection everything looked great, but to be safe, I did blow dry all the joints before assembling. I also assembled the arms to the upper torso first, just incase I'd need to reach inside the chest cavity - the good news - he assembled perfectly and is AMAZING. Here is an iPhone pic:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...1D780572E6.jpg
    Epic Picture!!! Thanks for posting it!

I can't wait to get mine. I got shipping notice on the 1st but no movement at all.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Got mine today in Buffalo, NY. Let it warm up a while inside, then after checking all the joints to make sure nothing was broken I assembled it, arms first, after blowdrying it for 30 seconds or so. It all went together fine, joints are all nice and tight and functional.

I feel bad for those that got a broken figure, and I hope you all get functional replacements from Matty because this thing is freaking amazing. Easily my favorite figure of the year.
    Yup, It's definitely cold round these parts. I didn't even break out the blowdryer though. I just let him chill inside for a while before messing with him. Room temperature was good enough. The wings were the hardest thing to get into him.

Oh and I agree! He is one of the most bad ass figures I've EVER gotten in my lifetime! I just look at him in awe every so often. It's a dream come true to see a figure of this magnitude in our "teeny, tiny collector lein".

Now we just need his Darksmoke treasure room diorama....

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Just got Granamyr!! !!
    He's absolutely amazing! No issues whatsoever, don't understand how some people are breaking it

It looks mighty impressive on my shelf!
    MOTUC is still rocking hard!! !
    Some people are getting them in the mail broken! I have a second one arriving tomorrow thanks to UPS and we'll see what I'm in for. Hopefully this one will arrive without anything busted. If all else fails he'll go back and I do have a third one on the way so one way or another I'm going to get a perfect Granamyr!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; January 3, 2013 at 11:19pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Court Magician
    Granamyr arrived today to my office in Guadalajara Mexico
    Out of the box seems just fine, Ill assemble it in the next few minutes with the help of a blowdryer

- - - Updated - - -

Granny.jpg

My granny arrived showing some wisdom about Architecture

My Granamyr finally showed up today. Went together just fine. Nothing broken. Going to make room for him on my shelf after work.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I'm happy to report that my second Granamyr arrived just in time for my birthday today and its perfect. Somebody gashed a huge hole in the shipping box about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide but the white mailer was untouched. I used the hair dryer...maybe a little too much at first. The tail socket was my first concern and after heating it up the tail snapped right on. I had to let the plastic harden a little to get the right leg on and the upper body piece didn't want to click in at first but I think that may have been a result of the heat. The arm sockets were fine on the inside. I heated them as well and the arms went right in. I still think Granamyr is too delicate to really play with but that's ok, he's on display. I have a third one coming next week. He will probably remain MIB.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Warrior
    Mine arrived today and appears to be in perfect shape.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Got mine today. I can't get over the size of this thing. Not one picture prepared me for how massive he is in person. Damn, I remember when I thought Gygor was huge.

I heated up the sockets and everything snapped in just fine. Although it all looked pretty sketchy to me on the inside and I was paranoid that I'd break him. Crappy design.
    Mine has the slightly off-center chest peg, but it's not really noticeable.

Still haven't done the tail as it would ruin the way I want to display him. Anyone know if you can heat it up and remove it again once it's together? I'd be scared of breaking it.

Whew! The stress and anxiety is over..for now! I got Granamyr today. I set him in front of the heater vent to make sure he was nice and warm. I think I over did it a little because when I was putting the tail on, which I was most worried about, his body cavity kept squishing in when I applied pressure, but finally I got the faintest click and the tail was on. Everything is good with my Granamyr. I was able to even to get him to stand up on his own, no problem!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Has anyone got return slips yet for their defective Granamyr's?????? This is my first return so far in the MOTUC's line (I have let other lesser CQ issues slide), so I have no idea how long this should take. One would think that Digital River could get this accomplished in less than a week though.................

Very frustrated at this point!!!!!!

Some thoughts on the figure:

--I can't believe there are people who would have wanted him bigger? This thing is ridiculously big. Almost TOO big, imo. Not so much his height, but his overall mass. This thing is massive, and heavy. He makes the giants feel like regular sized figures, and makes the standard figure feel like 3 3/4'' figures in comparison. I'm glad he was designed to sit, he looks more reasonable that way

--Despite the lack of ball-jointed shoulders, the articulation is excellent. He's very, very poseable. The elbow/knee swivels almost makes the missing articulation not matter. They also make Tytus and Megator, once again, look like pieces of overpriced junk in comparison.

--The joints are tight all around. Paint is good. Sculpt is fantastic. A+

--The plastic connectors and such, however, seem very cheap and very poorly designed.

--Is he worth $80? I don't know about that. I think he probably should have been more like $60. But even if he's overpriced, he still feels more worth it at this price point, than Tytus and Megator do at theirs.

I feel terrible for those with broken figures, who are being called a 'vocal minority' by TG. I hope you guys get good replacements, because he really is a pretty solid figure. However, much more care should have gone into creating this thing. At this price point, the quality issues should have been almost nonexistent.

I just got my granamyr a few minutes ago. I was scared after everything i've read here that i was expecting this thing to break apart. anyhow, i did not heat a single thing. I just slowly pushed in all the parts while slowly twisting them around. Everything snapped together perfectly. I made sure to do the upper torso separtely so i can check for breakage or stress marks. No breakage or stress of any sort. A great sigh of relief. Unfortunately this guy doesnt really fit on my shelf as i didnt expect so much depth (mostly due to the tail).

So I just called DR for the thrid time for a replacement for my granamyr. Unreal. And wrote on matty forums. This is crap. I've spent prob close to 10,000 and now I'm waiting for some one to send an email. I know what game there playing they hope to sell out completely so they don't have to pay for all that shipping. Real way to help the customers.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have also been waiting over a week for a replacement email from Matty. The tail ring on my figure broke while assembling. Hopefully Matty can get our exchanges done in the very near future!
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

Quote Originally Posted by limelitemach1 View Post
    I have also been waiting over a week for a replacement email from Matty. The tail ring on my figure broke while assembling. Hopefully Matty can get our exchanges done in the very near future!
    I recieved Granamyr today. No broken pieces but the tail was impossible to attach to the body due to the fact that the center piece was glued too far into the tail and no matter how much pressure I applied it would not go in After an hour and a half, my final solution was to cut into the tail around the center and lift it outward with butter knife. The pieces then snapped in perfectly like they should have in the first place.

The good news is that it is impossible to see the cut I made after it is attached and the figure is awesome and what I was waiting for. So I am happy with the figure itself, just wish I did not have to improvise to get the dang thing to work. I ended up poking my finger and drawing blood.........thanks Matty
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/