Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Mine arrived two days ago. Fortunately, no issues with the assembly, plastic breakage, etc. The hip and knee joints are so tight that it even stands on its own two feet unaided by the tail. I'm thrilled.
    Let the power return!!

I got my replacement and this time I had no problems and no breakage.

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Granamyr on last Thursday, but Finally opened him 2 days ago. I have to say he is an awesome figure. I had no cracks or damages when inspecting the figure and everything snapped in beautifully. An awesome figure to behold when posed with other MOTUC figures. If you passed on him, you're nuts!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Finally got my Granamyr! (I had this one shipped to a relative's house since the box was so big... and I just now went to pick him up!) I can't believe I had to wait so long!!!

Overall, very satisfied with Granny. No problems whatsoever with the figure itself, and I am in awe of how magnificent he looks with the other MOTUC figures. I am impressed with Mattel and the 4H, as usual, they have delivered an awesome figure!!! Hands down the best large scale beast we will ever see in this line!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

My Granamyr turned out perfect!! Totally satisfied to finally have him after waiting for 30 years!!!

Mine went together with no problems, just slow direct pressure. One of the wings was trickier, but with direct force and a little bit of twisting it popped in. Granamyr is a beast, once fully assembled!

No breakage on mine but is was very difficult to put the tale on. The connector piece seemed too short and didn't click in the body. Eventually it worked out. The rest of the figure is all working fine.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    IMG_0955_zpsa47742ea.jpg
    IMG_0977_zps8abf73ac.jpg

I received Granamyr and Procrustus today. I was very worried I would get a defective Granny as well. I had to pay extra custom charges too (they got me again haha), so I would have been so disappointed if he was broken. It was very expensive to get him here, so replacing him is not really an option with the high shipping costs and all. I also really took my time inspecting all the parts first and everything was perfect. Was so relieved. Procrustus is also in perfect shape and has a a flawless paintjob which is quite nice after having some issues with Frosta (besides her being grey issue) and Dekker. Can't wait for Netossa and Mosquitor, who I will receive next week and Rammy and Jitsu next month, all awesome characters. I'm a happy MOTU/POP fan.

Aww, man, I love this picture!

I'm glad he arrived in perfect condition! He is a fantastic figure!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

Heroic Warrior
    So my Granamyr arrived today... And guess what?
    He went together without a single problem. I stand by my assessment that it was user-error in assembling that had a lot of broken Granamyrs when he first started to arrive. I'm not talking about those who received him with actual broken parts, like someone had a tail connector that was broken and such, but those that forced the parts together like toyguru in the video. I didn't use even half of that amount of pressure and it popped in perfectly.

And to further bolster my thoughts about the very vocal minority, I took him from a cold hallway and put him together. No heating and no fussing, just plain common sense and not insane amounts of pressure.

To those of you who got a broken figure, I hope you have gotten your replacements, because he is awesome!
    To those of you who assembled him with way too much force and broke him, Granamyr has this to say:
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Granamyr's tail not staying attached?

I've just received my Granamyr and can't fit the tail where it goes, it keeps poping out, like it's no match. Anyone had a similar experience?
    Emile

No but my left arm kept popping off so I returned it. I heard horror stories of people returning things but I got my shipping email from matty today that they shipped my replacement granamyr. So return it.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

How to fix most issues with Granamyr (tutorial by Hunter Knight Customs)

Hello folks, due to the many requests i've got from the community (specially here at the org) I've decided to make another tutorial for the wise old dragon adressing most of the issues with broken tabs, assembly etc. and even some insight into types of plastic. Hope you guys find it useful. And yes...there is a little something at the end of the video:

The video was great...the ending.....EPIC!!!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Thank you very much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    The video was great...the ending.....EPIC!!!!!
    Thanks , glad you liked it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Thank you very much!!!!
    You are welcome!

Big thanks Hunter Knight

It was the rotating cuffs in each shoulder they weren't spinning. Once I got them spinning, a little glue and I have a fixed granamyr.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mophead; January 31, 2013 at 12:31am.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Thank you very much for your time and effort on this project!! It was very kind of you to share your knowledge of how to fix a broken Granamyr. Keep up the great work

The end of your video was hilarious too!!!

Great video, thanks for posting it. Very informative and amusing, as always. I had no issues with my figure, but this will be a great reference just in case.

Just reporting that my two Granamyr's arrived from over the ocean. The one I opened turned out perfect (thank the Goddess!). Wow. This is such an amazing figure!

I'm off to break out my DVDs and watch Granamyr as I first saw him all over again.

BTW - Procrustus also AMAZING!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Mophead View Post
    Big thanks Hunter Knight

It was the rotating cuffs in each shoulder they weren't spinning. Once I got them spinning, a little glue and I have a fixed granamyr.

Thanks
    Glad to be of help my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Thank you very much for your time and effort on this project!! It was very kind of you to share your knowledge of how to fix a broken Granamyr. Keep up the great work

The end of your video was hilarious too!!!
    You are welcome! Yeah you know me, I always need to put alil bit of humor there, cause me alone would be boring as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Great video, thanks for posting it. Very informative and amusing, as always. I had no issues with my figure, but this will be a great reference just in case.
    You are welcome!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Knight View Post
    Hello folks, due to the many requests i've got from the community (specially here at the org) I've decided to make another tutorial for the wise old dragon adressing most of the issues with broken tabs, assembly etc. and even some insight into types of plastic. Hope you guys find it useful. And yes...there is a little something at the end of the video:
    Lmao, the end of the video was hilarious.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

mine arrive a few days ago, and it was great, no problems at all.

Awesome vid HK!

Thanks for the tips. Having someone with so much experience to show people how to reinforce their figure really helps them do it with more confidence.

BTW, if Granamyr makes an appearance in the new MOTU movie, it better happen just like it does in your video, lol!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Got my Granamyr today and the white mailer (white mailer has water marks), the Granamyr box and 1 of the outer boxes is wet, i had a bug crawl out but the sadest part is, that they were all thrown into another outer box, the wet inner box had details ripped off the side and attached to the outer dry box.

Contacted matty for a replacement but being in Australia im not sure if they would want it sent back, ive taken pics so unfortunetly Granny is still hanging out in a wet box.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!