Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    make it four! last update is fishers, 3:19 on the 21st. frustrating. definitely should have been here by now. hope our granamyrs are having fun together (and not breaking each other's tails and arms! lol.)
    At least I know my Granamyr is in good company! Hopefully these 4+ Granamyr's aren't sitting in some cold warehouse or truck for days on end! Going to try all the tutorials when assembling him and hopefully I won't have to send him back.

Fishers, Indiana-gate continues:

12/21/2012

03:19 PM

In transit

Fishers,IN 46037

12/21/2012

02:00 PM

Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS

(So the USPS has a tracking number sent to them from FedEx, but when my post office looks up the number, it shows that FedEx is just sitting on this container in Fishers Indiana. I also discovered that FedEx in Fishers, Indiana didn't deliever into the Northeast Ohio region on the 23rd, 24th, and of course the 25th. Still doesn't explain the 22nd or the last four days including today though. My post office said this was very unusual so maybe our Granamyrs hijacked the truck and they're on a joy ride somewhere..lol
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; December 29, 2012 at 11:21am.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Is there a way to separate the upper torso from the lower torso without damaging the figure? I could probably tighten the arm up a touch if I can get back in there. I messed with it this morning and it did not fall out, but it's still wobbly. No real biggie but I might try to tighten it if I can.
    From what I can tell, the joints are made to remain, so I wouldn't recommend it. Do you remember the lip around the peg of each attachment joint? That lip is now firmly on the other side of those tapered, thin plastic tabs that make up the inner joint. I think that if you were to force it out, you'll just break those thin tabs.

Also, it looked to me like the torso was designed to spin, just like the other joints, but for whatever reason, it was glued down in the factory. :/

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    From what I can tell, the joints are made to remain, so I wouldn't recommend it. Do you remember the lip around the peg of each attachment joint? That lip is now firmly on the other side of those tapered, thin plastic tabs that make up the inner joint. I think that if you were to force it out, you'll just break those thin tabs.

Also, it looked to me like the torso was designed to spin, just like the other joints, but for whatever reason, it was glued down in the factory. :/
    Thanks for the response. Will not try to separate them.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Well kids my first Granamyr just darkened my door and amazingly the tracking has also been updated from Fishers, Indiana and now shows delivered so kevin in Akron you may be in luck today and everybody else who's been waiting won't be far behind. I'll post later to tell everybody what I find when I open this thing.

No problems with the shoulders, no pre-breakage, and I made sure & held the inside clips of the shoulders when I popped them in. Then I couldn't get the tail in for the life of me...as the belly & the tail are just too soft. My brother had an idea & once I put the tail in the freezer for like 20 minutes, it popped right in!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Ok, Granamyr update...I do have a set of problems. The right shoulder joint where the arm peg fits has damage. One of the four clips that holds that peg in is snapped off and nowhere to be found. I also noticed how the clips don't even securely hold the arm on. They "hug" it but they're too long and don't fit under the peg. This is a definite flaw with this figure and I can't wait to see what Mattel is going to do with this! Interestingly, the right arm stays on and doesn't fall out. I can also rotate the arm with no problem and it won't fall out. I don't know whether to return it or not. The damage looks as if someone test fitted the arm and snapped the piece off in the process of testing either pushing in or pulling out. That's the only way I know that could happen outside of intentional abuse is to test it and break it in the process. I can see how some spot super glue would seal the arm peg to the "connectors" and keep the arm secure in the socket. I would have to spot glue it carefully with some non-runny super glue as mentioned elsewhere in this thread in order to assure it will stay together. As it is, other than visuals from the inside, I wouldn't know there is a problem. The tail connection snaps in giving that click noise but its loose and easy to remove. When I removed the tail, it clearly had damage to the plastic clips inside that are meant to keep it in place. This is junk plastic. Thanks Mattel! That clicking sound you heard was the plastic breaking! Another super glue job could do the trick but I'm souring on keeping it at this point. The rest of the assembly is going to have to go better than this. I have pictures and I'll post them over on the other thread later. Other than that this thing looks real nice. But we shouldn't have to do this for an $80.00 toy!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; December 29, 2012 at 12:43pm.

I got mine. deffinately a poor engineering choice in the pegs. I never minded the backwards shoulders on figures or various other errors... but I'm honestly considering returning Granamyr. He really isn't going to do anything but sit on my shelf and I hate to eat $30 in shipping.... but I also hate to spend soooo much money on something that I am afraid will break so easily. This is also really making me regret ordering Castle Grayskull

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Thanks for the response. Will not try to separate them.
    Turn the upper body and pull at the same time. Thats how it worked for me. But i wasnt really able to fix the joint, have to return him.

I'm just wondering--has anyone that ordered right after Granny was available (within an hour) not received a shipping notice yet? I haven't and was wondering if I should contact DR yet?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I'm just wondering--has anyone that ordered right after Granny was available (within an hour) not received a shipping notice yet? I haven't and was wondering if I should contact DR yet?
    I ordered Granamyr, Mosquitor and Procrustus together within the 10 minutes they were available and so far I've only gotten an order confirmation. I think it has to do with the stock coming in 2 waves and subscribers getting first dibs.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Were you aware that Matty said that he was arriving in 3 (I think) shipments, and 2 & 3 would be late? I think there are several people who have not recieved shipping notice yet. You may still want to contact them, but I don't think you're alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I ordered Granamyr, Mosquitor and Procrustus together within the 10 minutes they were available and so far I've only gotten an order confirmation. I think it has to do with the stock coming in 2 waves and subscribers getting first dibs.
    I'm a subber and I didn't get first dibs - but Granamyr isn't a sub item, either.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

well, my two DID finally arrive (from their 8 days in fishers indiana) today! boxes and all parts were very cold when i got them, so i just opened up everything to check for duplicate/damaged parts. i am happy to report that i have the right amount of everything, and NOTHING is broken/cracked/etc within the box! yay! i can see what some of the issues are with the thin plastic tabs to hold in everything, so i am gonna let the parts come to room temp all day, and then tonight after the kids go to bed, i'm gonna use the hair-dryer trick (and, assemble the arms while holding from inside) just to be extra-safe and hopefully sure that i have NO problems with either granamyr! in pieces, at least, he looks AMAZING! and i am SO excited to finally have a cool toy of this guy! my daughter teela will be thrilled too!... he's been a favorite of hers from the cartoon, and she's been anxiously awaiting him for her late x-mas gift! (all the issues on here had me so worried, so rather than excitedly opening and assembling with her, i'm gonna play the safe and sound route and get him all good before giving him to her.) i'm truly sorry for those that had/have issues, but hope you can all relatively easily get replacements and enjoy this kick-butt toy... THE oldEST and wisEST of dragons!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    On a positive note, my Procrustus totally rocks.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Yeah, you better believe it!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

My Granamyr showed up Thursday the 27th (after having to re-route the delivery address that was going to be used for delivery on the 24th), and I'm pleased to say he has no major issues. I let him warm up at room temp for 2 days, and everything was intact and he assembled well. Definitely put the arms on first before connecting the torsos. He does have a bit of a bobblehead, but it's not outrageous and still poseable. The wings were kind of a pain to get on, and mine seems to have a gummy right knee joint and and a bit of a warped lower right leg from packaging, but it's very minor, and I can live with it. Probably my biggest issue is that the peg to connect the upper & lower torso together wasn't centered flush, so the upper torso always looks turned about a quarter inch to the figure's left. Not a huge deal, but it is noticeable to me.

Still happy with my purchase, but would be ecstatic if there were no issues at all...

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    well, my two DID finally arrive (from their 8 days in fishers indiana) today! boxes and all parts were very cold when i got them, so i just opened up everything to check for duplicate/damaged parts. i am happy to report that i have the right amount of everything, and NOTHING is broken/cracked/etc within the box! yay! i can see what some of the issues are with the thin plastic tabs to hold in everything, so i am gonna let the parts come to room temp all day, and then tonight after the kids go to bed, i'm gonna use the hair-dryer trick (and, assemble the arms while holding from inside) just to be extra-safe and hopefully sure that i have NO problems with either granamyr! in pieces, at least, he looks AMAZING! and i am SO excited to finally have a cool toy of this guy! my daughter teela will be thrilled too!... he's been a favorite of hers from the cartoon, and she's been anxiously awaiting him for her late x-mas gift! (all the issues on here had me so worried, so rather than excitedly opening and assembling with her, i'm gonna play the safe and sound route and get him all good before giving him to her.) i'm truly sorry for those that had/have issues, but hope you can all relatively easily get replacements and enjoy this kick-butt toy... THE oldEST and wisEST of dragons!
    Glad your Granamyr's came in great shape! I did the hair dryer thing too. Mine had been inside for a while and was at room temperature when I opened it up. My wife had brought it in earlier and I didn't realize it. I still got a crack in the tail clips that hold the peg. The right arm stays in and moves fine with only 3 clips holding it in. I've had to beG away this afternoon so when I get back I'm going to get this guy on his feet and display him. I have 2 more Granamyr's coming so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully they'll be flawless bc those will go back if they're not!

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered Granamyr within minutes of sale date and no shipping notice yet.

I can't wait any longer! Aghhh! But seriously, I'm so ready for him (Skeeter & Crusty too) to get here. Really looking forward to Granny. I ordered at the start of the sale & I'm still in process. Oh well January will be awesome with 5 MOTUC's. Suh-Wheat.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Court Magician
    Finally got him ... and he is amazing ... up until the point I tried putting in the right arm ... one of the clips is broken off and not even rattling around the body where i can try to fix it ... ugh
    I Am No Widget! Lurking since 02! TeelasRealDaddy, MegsTriggerman v.1 ... shame I keep getting deleted!

Megstriggerman Trader Review

so what I really don't get is that PD's review of Gran was perfect. He put the thing together in front of the camera and everything worked perfectly... why are all of these so lousy? Mattel is going to have to remake this figure if the ones that haven't shipped out are just as bad when they finally do. For $100, it should be flawless... this is inexcusable!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    so what I really don't get is that PD's review of Gran was perfect. He put the thing together in front of the camera and everything worked perfectly... why are all of these so lousy? Mattel is going to have to remake this figure if the ones that haven't shipped out are just as bad when they finally do. For $100, it should be flawless... this is inexcusable!
    Not all the way perfect. PD pointed out how sensitive the paint around Granamyr's throat was when he turned his head and some paint came off.But,yeah as far as putting him together and having the joints work...oh yeah,didn't one of the arms pop out once during the review? A $80 toy.... I love Granamyr,but it's a shame I gotta treat him like a statue!
    Last edited by TITAN; December 29, 2012 at 08:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    so what I really don't get is that PD's review of Gran was perfect. He put the thing together in front of the camera and everything worked perfectly... why are all of these so lousy? Mattel is going to have to remake this figure if the ones that haven't shipped out are just as bad when they finally do.
    Are you kidding?
    "This is your Granamyr, folks. Take him or leave him, we won't be doing another." - that reply- the same one we got regarding King Hiss, Roboto, and Frosta- is waiting in the wings... so to speak.

Still waiting for mine. I'm starting to hate Fishers, IN more than Sparks, NV.

I ordered mine with Procrustus and haven't received a shipping notice. Maybe the rock god is why he hasn't yet shipped.