Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

I wonder if spraying Granamyr with some protective coating around his throat might make the paint less apt to rub off? Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wonder if spraying Granamyr with some protective coating around his throat might make the paint less apt to rub off? Hmmmm....
    I believe the whole body except for the limbs is prone to chipping easily. While I was fixing his right arm, my hand slipped a little and chipped a tiny paint underneath his left armpit. You guys better not drop your Granamyrs, or you'll be sorry.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Has anyone removed the torso piece after connecting it? and if so, what did you do so that nothing broke? I would like to try to fix my Granamyr's left arm if it's possible.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Still waiting for mine. I'm starting to hate Fishers, IN more than Sparks, NV.
    I'm with you on this! I don't ever want to see the name of that place again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Has anyone removed the torso piece after connecting it? and if so, what did you do so that nothing broke? I would like to try to fix my Granamyr's left arm if it's possible.
    I've heard that its been done but I didn't try it. Thankfully I got mine fixed and I used a hot glue gun to secure the arm peg. I had one broken clip on the right arm and it stayed in just fine but I hot glued it, save for the articulation and it works perfectly. Granamyr is now on my shelf. Two more of him will soon be on their way. I won't go thru the fix-it process with this again. If I have anything broken a second or third time on my remaining two to come, they're going back.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I did, I kust pulled as hard as I could because if it didn't come apart and I couldn't fix it it was going back.

It eventually just popped off. When I fixed the arm it popped right back on snug as the first time. If you break it, send it back and get another.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

just wanted to post my elation!
    i'd been worried about this for a week, and then was thrilled to find everything ok out of the box, but still concerned about creating problems upon assembly. tonight, after the kids were asleep i got out the hair dryer, and heated every piece (posts and sockets) before assembling. did the arms first, and held from inside, and ensured everything was secure before continuing assembling other things. i am SO happy to report that both granamyrs are together, and are perfect! once i let each connection cool, and could verify their secureness from the inside, i can say that if you do get it together carefully, there should be NO concern about issues with things being loose or popping off or breaking... i agree it's too fragile a design UNLESS you heat and are careful (and we shouldn't have to worry about being cautious to this degree), BUT, if you do heat and take your time carefully, it ends up golden. so, i agree with what advice has been given, am very happy to have had this thread as a heads-up, and encourage everyone who has yet to get him to take the extra time and effort, to ensure your grannys are as awesome as can be! i love him, and am excited to give my daughter hers in the morning! (also excited that i don't feel i need to be worried about it breaking as she plays with it... i don't even expect there'll be any issues with limbs coming off (unlike with swift wind and wind raider's wings!)
    yay!

I passed on granymyr and now i'm glad I did,but you all paid over 100 dollars for this figure and are all discussing whats the best way to fix it,the only way mattel will learn from their mistakes is if u all return them for a refund and hit them in the pocket.But for all the fans to be fixing this figure themselves has me worried cause it says that whatever garbage they put out we will buy and fix ourselves this will not fix the problems that plague this toyline.

The problem is, that Mattel will never make Granamyr again. If everyone gets a refund, they don't get a Granamyr. And, at this point it seems like there are people who have no issues. We have no way of knowing how widespread the issues are. Everyone with issues could ask for a refund, be out a Granamyr, and still not even be in the majority.

I do think Mattel learns from these mistakes. It's just sad when they have to be such expensive items. If I get a messed up one, I will be returning him... until I get a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by he-man121 View Post
    I passed on granymyr and now i'm glad I did,but you all paid over 100 dollars for this figure and are all discussing whats the best way to fix it,the only way mattel will learn from their mistakes is if u all return them for a refund and hit them in the pocket.But for all the fans to be fixing this figure themselves has me worried cause it says that whatever garbage they put out we will buy and fix ourselves this will not fix the problems that plague this toyline.
    If people don't buy the figures, even the busted up ones, the line will end. Mattel has never and will never go into production on a 2nd run of a figure just to fix problems with it.

The bottom line with this line is this: buy the product even if defective or get nothing. Period. And the majority of the fans are OK with that. They'd rather have a few defective figures than no figures at all. People have been trying to start a movement to show Matty what's what for years now, and when we finally had them on the ropes (with the sub numbers being so low this year), a big portion of the fanbase started freaking out and a campaign was started to save the line, qc issues or not. If you won't buy your figures, there's someone else out there who will to make sure the line continues.

- - - Updated - - -

And Mattel does learn from some of their mistakes, little specific mistakes. But overall, as far as put more time and effort into qc, they have not learned that lesson. And they won't. They know people will still buy the product, and that when they won't buy it anymore, they can just make more Barbie's and Hot Wheels and make their profit that way.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegsTriggerMan View Post
    Finally got him ... and he is amazing ... up until the point I tried putting in the right arm ... one of the clips is broken off and not even rattling around the body where i can try to fix it ... ugh
    Mine was that way but the peg was amazingly secure with the three clips and then I took a hot glue gun and applied it carefully to secure it further. Worked well.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

a Muppet of a man...
    Finally got mine. No QC issues, I'm pretty happy.

I put out a call to customizers for endorsement on the ideas set forth in the following thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...mizers-backing

It is basically a plea for front page news on the .org with tips for assembling Granamyr, for the sake of those who have yet to do so. Even if you are not a "well known" customizer, please, stop by and show your support. This is for the sake of those who may still be able to avoid a broken $100.00 figure, and major hassles with repairs, returns and refunds. Thanks guys.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    so what I really don't get is that PD's review of Gran was perfect. He put the thing together in front of the camera and everything worked perfectly... why are all of these so lousy? Mattel is going to have to remake this figure if the ones that haven't shipped out are just as bad when they finally do. For $100, it should be flawless... this is inexcusable!
    All of these? Alot of fans' Granamyr's are fine.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Got mine granamyr a couple days ago and its in perfect shape. I warmed the parts with the hairdryer as other fans suggested and the parts easily went together...no problem. I love this toy just as much as shadow weaver!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    All of these? Alot of fans' Granamyr's are fine.
    And many aren't. I pray I have a working, correctly assembled Granamyr.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Finally got mine. No QC issues, I'm pretty happy.
    Oh, great. Grananmyr gets a shot of alcohol and all I get is Earl Grey tea. Thanks alot, Scooter.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Oh, great. Grananmyr gets a shot of alcohol and all I get is Earl Grey tea. Thanks alot, Scooter.
    And it's decaf Earl Grey. You know how you get when you're overstimulated.

good times...good times...

granamyr.jpg
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Got him and got him assembled with feline help...

20121230133923899 (2).jpg

So if people do return theirs for a new one what happens to all the returned figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Got him and got him assembled with feline help...

20121230133923899 (2).jpg
    Always glad to hear of Granamyr's with no issues. Congratulations, you're a winner in the crap shoot!

Btw, Your cat looks exactly like one of my 3 cats, only mine is darker. I'm talking facial structure, expression and coat. His name is Boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vektar View Post
    So if people do return theirs for a new one what happens to all the returned figures?
    Did you ever see the episode of Futurama where they go to the moon and find a mountain made up entirely of Bart Simpson dolls?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Always glad to hear of Granamyr's with no issues. Congratulations, you're a winner in the crap shoot!

Btw, Your cat looks exactly like one of my 3 cats, only mine is darker. I'm talking facial structure, expression and coat. His name is Boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever see the episode of Futurama where they go to the moon and find a mountain made up entirely of Bart Simpson dolls?
    I guess I did hit it lucky! I tend not to have a lot of the QC issues with Mattel - my challenge, however, is actually getting them to ship me stuff, LOL!

The cat in the pic is Gibby. He turned up on our doorstep this summer and has settled in nicely. He's a real couch potato - very sweet cat.

And just IMAGINE what the HypnoToad would do with a mountain of Granamyr parts on the moon!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    And many aren't. I pray I have a working, correctly assembled Granamyr.
    But we always hear more negativity moreso than positivity, making it seem like most Granamyr's are broken. In actuality, it might be a few of them by comparison. The way some fans are speaking, the thread TG posted from Granamyr problems should have passed 10 pages by now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Dude, obviously a good number are defective. Yes, many aren't. But way more than should be are, and all of them haven't even shipped yet.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But we always hear more negativity moreso than positivity, making it seem like most Granamyr's are broken. In actuality, it might be a few of them by comparison. The way some fans are speaking, the thread TG posted from Granamyr problems should have passed 10 pages by now.
    I hope so... believe me, I'd rather have no issues with anything. Mine has yet to ship so I am seriously hoping that he comes in perfect condition. My Pro and Skeets are awesome, so luck has been with me!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!