Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

sooo I FINALLY got my Granny today. First things first. He's awesome! Definitely one of the best sculpts and figures of the line. To be safe I did warm up the joints before assembling him. He went together very easily. Now a couple complaints. His right ankle is extremely loose. Well loose as in it spins in a circle with its own weight. Moving up and down is still stiff and it stays in its placed position. Now in infamous right arm. Mine moves fine and stays in its placed position, but the shoulder is extremely floppy in the joint. Its weird the arm stays where I put it, but I can make it wobble with ease. This won't make me return him, but I just wanted to enlighten that he is not perfect.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    FINALLY got my Granamyr today. Cold as a you know what outside so I'm letting him chill inside for a while before I mess with him.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I'm not speculating on what they will or will not do, I'm saying that if the fans do not speak up, then whatever chance we have of them doing anything at all, will be shot down by fellow fans who are not speaking up. If Mattel does nothing then shame on them. If the fans do nothing, then shame on us.
    I understand where you're coming from, however, fans did post pictures in the past and Mattel did pretty much nothing, so they gave up on the idea.
    TG's request of hundreds of pictures is not only sounds ridiculous, but proved to be pointless as well... I'm not saying fans shouldn't bother posting pics, but all I'm saying is that it has done pretty much nothing in the past, and it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The active .org posters aren't representative of the total collector fanbase.

Apathetic fans who don't post pictures aren't helping matters any. All it tells Mattel is that only a relatively few Granamyrs were flawed, not say half the production run, or even a quarter. Mattel would think a few overzealous fans are blowing things out of proportion.

The fans are defeating themselves here, not Mattel.
    Please ask yourself, did any of the posted pictures of the defective Swift-Wing, Snout-Spout, Wind-Raider, The-Goddess, Roboto, King-Hisss... etc do anything tangible to people's complaints in the past???!!! Sadly the answer is simply NO... And would you think Grananmyr's case would be any different, most likely not...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    FINALLY got my Granamyr today. Cold as a you know what outside so I'm letting him chill inside for a while before I mess with him.
    No! Assemble him at once!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Court Magician
    I got my shipping confirmation e-mail yesterday (for Granny, Proc and Mosquitor) but since yesterday the UPS tracking code doesnt work, I thought yesterday wasnt working because well its Jan 1st so maybe UPS people arent working so I waited till today and still nothing, code doesnt work.
    Has anybody had a problem like this in the past?? It solves and becomes trackable later?? Should I get in touch with Matty CS??

I had that...for the same order as you, drew. Today it went to the normal UPS screen, not the 'we cant find your shipment' page. But it just says its in CA. No delivery est., no size or weight. I guess things are just moving slow. Hope we get our stuff!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, however, fans did post pictures in the past and Mattel did pretty much nothing, so they gave up on the idea.
    TG's request of hundreds of pictures is not only sounds ridiculous, but proved to be pointless as well... I'm not saying fans shouldn't bother posting pics, but all I'm saying is that it has done pretty much nothing in the past, and it's frustrating.

Please ask yourself, did any of the posted pictures of the defective Swift-Wing, Snout-Spout, Wind-Raider, The-Goddess, Roboto, King-Hisss... etc do anything tangible to people's complaints in the past???!!! Sadly the answer is simply NO... And would you think Grananmyr's case would be any different, most likely not...
    So there's no point to complaining about QC issues since it'll all fall on deaf ears anyway by Mattel?

- - - Updated - - -

Check those joints before you assemble him, Marzo.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I had that...for the same order as you, drew. Today it went to the normal UPS screen, not the 'we cant find your shipment' page. But it just says its in CA. No delivery est., no size or weight. I guess things are just moving slow. Hope we get our stuff!
    Thanks for the quick answer Clawful, then I should better wait a couple of days, it is kinda conforting to know that its not just me. Lets hope things start moving a little faster soon

Check those joints before you assemble him, Marzo.
    You don't have to worry about that. I can definitely say I'm on that one.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

^ You're welcome. I'm sure that the 'hangover blues' will be over soon & they'll start heading our way.

^^ I knew a response like that was on the way. Makes me wonder, Max did you say it that way on purpose...or did ya walk into that one?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

So there's no point to complaining about QC issues since it'll all fall on deaf ears anyway by Mattel?
    Sure there won't be any point of this headache when some people here keep defending Mattel on these issues! Please stop supporting Mattel's quest to silence the disappointed fans especially when the problems are so obvious.
    In the end we all seek a good product for our hard earned money.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

My Granamyr turned out just fine.

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Awesome, maybe the newer shipments are better overall!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Awesome, maybe the newer shipments are better overall!
    I ordered mine ASAP and got a shipping notification right away so I don't think mine is from a newer shipment. It just takes forever for digital river's shipping to get to me. You know, a week in SPARKS, NV. Another week in FISHERS, IN. A few days in Jersey/NY. THEN they take another week to "transfer it to USPS". I'm sure the holidays didn't help the situation this time.

I'm also expecting my Procrustus, Mosquitor, and bonus figure tomorrow (hopefully).
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    My Granamyr turned out just fine.
    Thou is lucky!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Perfect examples:
    Stay Puft Marshmallow Man....... turned yellow....People posted pictures......Mattel stalls.....Mattel then says return him for a refund.

Goddess.......Pelvis fractures.......People posted pictures......Mattel still sells remaining stock......Mattel says return her for a refund.

Snout Spout.....Trunk tears......People posted pictures.....Mattel still sells remaining stock.....Mattel says return for a refund.

I see a pattern here. Ultimately, Mattel doesn't do anything worthwhile with these pictures, except sell off all remaining defective items, then admit there is a problem with them, and then say that there is nothing that can be done except get a refund.

As I said before, I fixed mine with glue to be satisfied with my Granamyr. While I'm still afraid to move the left arm because it will still occasionally pop out of the socket, I'd still rather have this Granamyr figure than a refund.

And tell me Mattel wants these pictures so it doesn't happen again.....and I'll just tell you that I will not buy another item with this mold ever again.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Well, I finally got my shipping notice yesterday so it should be arriving sometime next week. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see him (Nor Mosquitor or Procrustus) until Mid-January when I return from my trip. On the bright side, that should give Granamyr's plastic plenty of time to return to room temperature and hopefully make him easier to assemble without issues.

The wings are definitely the hardest thing to stick in him. I have no problems with the tail or arm like most people are sayin. Those wings however were a ***** to jam in there.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Count Marzo, Is your Granamyr playing Doctor?

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Perfect examples:
    Stay Puft Marshmallow Man....... turned yellow....People posted pictures......Mattel stalls.....Mattel then says return him for a refund.

Goddess.......Pelvis fractures.......People posted pictures......Mattel still sells remaining stock......Mattel says return her for a refund.

Snout Spout.....Trunk tears......People posted pictures.....Mattel still sells remaining stock.....Mattel says return for a refund.
    Exactly! Also, Scott throws out numbers and manipulates them however he sees fit to portray everything as being just fine. In one post he will say "MOTUC is such a small line! We don't make any money! There are only a handful of fans!" But then if there are issues, suddenly "Hundreds of pictures" are needed. Well, if the line is so small, why do you need HUNDREDS of pictures? Especially since Scott downplays the significance of people on these forums. He has said (paraphrase) "People on forums only make up a fraction of the customers". Well, if that is true, that makes his need for "Hundreds" of pictures even more preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Exactly! Also, Scott throws out numbers and manipulates them however he sees fit to portray everything as being just fine. In one post he will say "MOTUC is such a small line! We don't make any money! There are only a handful of fans!" But then if there are issues, suddenly "Hundreds of pictures" are needed. Well, if the line is so small, why do you need HUNDREDS of pictures? Especially since Scott downplays the significance of people on these forums. He has said (paraphrase) "People on forums only make up a fraction of the customers". Well, if that is true, that makes his need for "Hundreds" of pictures even more preposterous.
    I couldn't agree more. BUT if a fan has a defective figure, and the ability to post pics, they should, for the good of other users who also have the problem and who bother to post pics. We can only do what we are capable of doing, which is posting pics and lobbying for the best results. If Mattel turns their backs on the fans yet again, then it's their bad.

Fyi Scott; please stop saying that fans are leaving due to price. It's continually defective product, and Mattel's response to that; it's DR in general, and those things are what customers issues are with this line far and away more so than the price, although that is certainly an issue. The price factor is compounded greatly by the fact that defects are a plague on this line, as opposed to the usual occasion in other lines, and paying so much for a line that is guaranteed to be roughly 25% or more defective, with major hassles in rectifying those defective figures; that is why the price tag hurts, because for these prices we should be able to expect far better quality. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Count Marzo, Is your Granamyr playing Doctor?
    Naw, he's playing Reptile Revenge.

I captioned that pic on Twitter with "Train this reptile you sum*****"
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I just checked the Grany picture thread, and am flabbergasted. TG cluelessly insisting people not describe the problem, just post pictures. The problem is something you really can't take a picture of. A video or GIF, maybe. But a picture of the joint and the plug is a picture of a joint and a plug that look perfectly fine. It is the fact that they aren't staying together that is the problem. Maybe a few hundred X-rays showing the plug not catching is the next thing TG will ask for.

It's exactly this kind of ridiculous nonsense that is bringing the line to a premature close and is convincing the fans not to even bother. Pictures in this case are of no value, because you can't hide a tiny camera inside the joint to show the parts not fitting together properly. It's another canned response from Mattel that has little to do with solving the actual problem. It's most likely just an excuse in the making; however many pictures are posted, it will take more than that to convince Mattel there is anything wrong. I've never seen a company that is so dismissive and sometimes outright condescending when its customers complain, at least no company that stayed in business...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I only ordered mine yesterday and already I’ve received an email letting me know it’s been shipped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I just checked the Grany picture thread, and am flabbergasted. TG cluelessly insisting people not describe the problem, just post pictures.
    I love the fact that he's asking for a ridiculous number of pictures. An amount that he knows full well he's never going to receive.

I finally got a shipping notice for Gran Wednesday morning, but he still hasn't left Sparks.

As for the problems, I honestly think that once these figures are on the assembly line there's not a damn thing to be done. And since the Mattel design portion of this line is asleep at the wheel, these things are going to be overlooked until we notice them. By then, the only recourses are live with it or get a refund. It's ********, but it's apparently the Matty way.

I guess we have to start pre-emptive threads to stop the problems before they occur (aka Octavia's tentacles, Castle Graykull, whatever figure yet to come that has new parts or an action feature).
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!