Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Finally got my second Granamyr, this one was perfect. My first one is on its way back and should be there on Thursday. Here's hoping the replacement makes it here quickly.

I got my Granamyr today and there were no issues whatsoever. I did not heat anything up but I did inspect the areas prior to putting it together. I then gently, to the point where my wife was making fun of me, put it together and everything went into place fine. I even let my four year old daughter run around the house with it and he stayed together.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

This is one time where the figure being delayed helped me GREATLY. As I've stated before, I live about an hour from where they ship so I'm usually one of the first to get my figures, but if that had happened this time I wouldn't have been able to check out the warnings and tutorials about assembling him, but thanks to those and my hair dryer I put him together last night and so far, so AWESOME. The sclupting on this bad-boy is ridiculous and I freaking love him, and cannot believe we actually got Granamyr!!!!!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Received both my Granamyrs today and was excited to see my opener's tail ring still in tact! No problems carefully assembling, thank the Overlords of Trolla! He's a beast of a figure in person and another one down in the ultimate MOTUC wish-list department! The only minor thing I noticed was the same neck paint-scrape seen on Pixel-Dan's, tho I noticed mine before ever assembling the head (?). Definitely not worth the fuss of return with all the breakage reports. Anyway, I LOVE MY GRANAMYR!!

Just got mine. Blew on the joints a little with a dryer and I have no issues other than the leg joints being a little loose.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Just got mine today. Waited for the pieces to warm up a little (UPS guy just left him on the front step) before putting him together. No problems with the arms, legs or tail. Really, the only pieces that gave me any kind of grief were the wings but they wound up going in without anything breaking.

The only thing, though, and I don't know if anyone else's is like this (since I haven't gone through every page of this thread ), the peg that connects his upper body with his lower body was slightly turned toward his left so his chest looks turned ever-so-slightly. I did try to turn it before putting it on, not knowing whether or not it was even able to turn so I didn't force it really. Then I thought maybe it might be easier after putting the two pieces together but it still won't budge so I guess he'll look ever-so-slightly turned (can't rest his right forearm on his right knee). Otherwise, he's perfect. Just gotta find a spot for him.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Just got mine and gingerly put him together--and he's perfect! I should probably be careful, see if he breaks in the next few days, but I'm very encouraged!

Too bad they've now listed Granamyr and Procrustus as sold out. I'd had a thought to give them as gifts but wanted to see how Granamyr turned out before buying more. Now that I know, they ain't available. Not a very big deal really, I'm sure they'll be back, but I probably won't be looking to buy more at the end of the year when I have to sell my car to afford Castle Grayskull.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I got mine today! Man is he awesome! I can sort of get him standing, left leg is a wee bit loose for the weight so he's kind of hunched a bit. No issues at all. Taller than 200x Grayskull, I'm shocked at that. Currently I have him posed in the 'Brand New Car!' pose directed at the castle to remind me we're getting a Grayskull. Couldn't be happier with him. Slap a coat of green on him & sell him to me again. Make it so.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Just got my Granamyr figure!!! Man is this guy flipping awesome! Pics online DO NOT do this figure justice! I mean WOW! As far as QC goes…there's just one minor thing as Captain Wow reported as well. The peg connecting his upper torso to his belly is SLIGHTLY crooked. I can't stress SLIGHTLY enough…I'm not concerned over it at all. He assembled easily, everything snapped in place well. His paint apps are great, his joints are nice and tight and HE'S FLIPPING GRANAMYR!!!!! I'm so pleased I ordered this guy! He's DEFINITELY worthy of owning!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Got mine last week and the tail would NOT go in no matter how hard I tried. Busted out the hairdryer and that worked after about 30 seconds of heating. Thanks to whoever recommended that. I live in SoCal so mine was not cold when it arrived.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Got Granamyr last week. Tail ring is busted to hell. I am thinking of bonding the tail to the tail hole (I do not mind if he is in the sitting position permanently). Any thoughts on what I should use? Gorilla Glue or something else?

Got mine today... used the hair dryer, man he is AWESOME!!!! All my joints are tight, no bobble head or any issue at all, he is PERFECT! I guess the first batch was the crummy one, cuz this guy is pretty solid and epic!!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Just got my Granamyr figure!!! Man is this guy flipping awesome! Pics online DO NOT do this figure justice! I mean WOW! As far as QC goes…there's just one minor thing as Captain Wow reported as well. The peg connecting his upper torso to his belly is SLIGHTLY crooked. I can't stress SLIGHTLY enough…I'm not concerned over it at all. He assembled easily, everything snapped in place well. His paint apps are great, his joints are nice and tight and HE'S FLIPPING GRANAMYR!!!!! I'm so pleased I ordered this guy! He's DEFINITELY worthy of owning!

This sums up my experience as well. After a super close inspection of all the sockets and joints, I let him come up to room temperature and then used a hairdryer on the tail and leg sockets just to be safe. I noticed the peg for his upper torso was a hair off, but once I assembled him its not noticeable unless you are really looking for it. Zero issues with Procrustus and Mosquitor as well!

I used a hairdryer and he went together fine. However, his tail socket had stress marks right out of the box so I'm going to play it cautious. Such an awesome figure though. He is so massive.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Granamyr number 3 comes tomorrow. Hope it checks out!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Grany arrived today! He's already potty trained.

735961_10101496695551968_1670739866_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Pics online DO NOT do this figure justice!
    They don't. No photo I've seen really gave me the sense how how massive he is. Not until I opened him was I stunned at how big he was.
    I've had him for a few days now, and I like him more every day. I'm glad to see more people are reporting getting figures without quality issues, b/c this one is a real gem.

Granamyr landed on my steps today, finally, I took him out of the box, but didn't assemble him....I don't know if I am going to, I want to be able to put him back in the box if I ever wanted to....but he is not broken in any way, and damn he is huge, even unassembled....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Received Granamyr today, second batch via fast shipping. (Still waiting on Procrustus & Mosquitor in comparison). No serious issues with my Granamyr to mention except that the right leg is a tad loose in a sense where it can move a bit more freely than the left. Regardless, no impairment whatsoever. Also, i used the hairdryer to slot the wings in as i didn't want to force them on - a part of me was thinking about the issues some ppl have had and i didn't want to risk it especially with the cost of this big boy. I also noticed that the peg connecting his upper body to his lower was slightly crooked but once they popped together it wasn't noticeable at all.

Paint apps are perfect and the box art is great. Truth be told, i almost feel guilty to throw it out!

Overall, pretty stoked with Granamyr!!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Well, Granamyr, Procrustus, and Mosquitor were delivered today but I won't get to see them until next week since I'm still about 1500 miles away from home. Hopefully there won't be issues with assembly and, with Netossa coming in for January, it should be a nice month of figures for me!

Oh yeah, I also have a Skeletor vs Mo-Larr set waiting at home for me. Maybe I'll sacrifice Mo-Larr to Granamyr if I don't like him!

Heroic Warrior
    My Granamyr arrived on Monday. That seemed like an AWFULLY long wait, 'though it really was just less than the two week delay mentioned... just me being impatient, nothing new.

He is all kinds of awesome!!, I felt silly climatizing all his sockets with the hair dryer, but I won't argue with the results, he went together with zero issues! My only problem/complaint: WHERE am I gonna put this massive marvel?? [^D He is just seated on the coffee table fondling the Star Seed at the moment (sorry, Procrustus!), I'm gonna have to do a MAJOR shelf re-alignment to get Granamyr a more permanent spot at some point.

my granamyr arrived yesterday to argentina by ups, and it was perfect, zero problems, amazing sculpt, the joints on my granamyr are perfect.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got the other grumpy old dragon last night (funny, I've gotten him from Big Bad before some folks have gotten him from the original source).

The bad: Noticed the square plug wasn't straight the minute I pulled out his pot belly. It's not bad, and assembled, it isn't obvious unless you look closely. Ironically, in the place and pose I have him, it actually looks good with the ever so slight turn to the left. My big problem here is that there was never a reason for this to be a problem. This is a design flaw, pure and simple, one easily avoided. Simply shaping the part of the plug that goes into the abdomen so it could not be misaligned or making that peg round so you could adjust the torso if needed would have eliminated any problems here. The design team on this line needs to go back and get some training on how to actually design a figure; this is just another example of how outright bad they are getting. The other problem was the right leg; I spent ten minutes alternately heating the joint and trying to push it in, but it wouldn't catch. It just kept moving in when I tried because of the soft plastic of the belly and upper leg. If I had been able to push the female end from the inside, it would have helped, but I had already plugged in the tail and left leg (how was I supposed to know which part would give me problems until I tried putting them in?). I was just about at the point of seeing if a dragon could really fly across the room when I felt the click. Again, I see this as a problem in the design of the plug-in joints (just like both Swifty and Griffin, who's right wings pop out if you sneeze on them). Given this was made by Mattel, I wouldn't have been surprised at the problems even if I hadn't read about them in advance; the company's track record is has gotten that bad, and it is a major reason why the line is in decline.

The good: This is the frustrating thing; once I got him assembled, I was blown away by the figure. The articulation is great; I was able to pose him in the corner of my main MOTUC display, a place where the back part is elevated a bit. He fit so perfectly you'd think I set the whole thing up just for him. He's sitting in his classic position, his left hand held up very naturally as though he's talking, his head slightly tipped to the left, right foot up on the elevated part with his right elbow resting on it (the leftward turn of the chest plug made this a little hard, but it still works), and his left foot going down off the elevated part (only about 2 inches) and resting comfortable on the "ground." I can't get over how incredible he looks there, and the articulation he has makes the pose look so natural and realistic. You can almost hear him saying something arrogant and overbearing. The detail is astonishing, and the Horsemen once again show that sculpting faces is one of the areas where no one else can really compete. They took the face of a non-human lizard and gave it so much personality you can see the power and disdain oozing off his expression. The old dragon was captured perfectly. The other details on his body are equally impressive, and the paint job is much better in person than some photos have made it look. He's the kind of figure that reminds you why you collect action figures.

This is what is so frustrating about Mattel; the constant QC problems and idiotic design choices make you want to be done with the company once and for all, but once you get past that, you have what could be one of the most amazing figures out there right now.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    My Granamyr came and is just fine, although I did check all the joints first. Thank you to all those who posted about your unfortunate results. I guess if anything is good from it, you did help some of us be sure not to break him!

I know there are limits to what can be designed, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why Matty didn't make some of these rings a bit thicker or design connections much like how Trap Jaws arms go in. Seems that would have made for less returned figures.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

GOOD NEWS: My dragon showed up yesterday, and no problems at all, which was nice for once this week! Now where to put him?

BAD NEWS: The box was beat to hell, and my invoice was hanging out of the box, which now means my wife knows how much this thing cost! I guess telling her I had a online promo code for a discount everytime a huge box shows up won't save me this time.