Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

I just received my Granamyr. It's surreal. It's like he just stepped right out of the cartoon. Wow.

Granamry is cuts quite the figure in person. I love him.

The sculpt is amazing, and the articulation is quite nice on Granamyr. I do wish he had ball jointed shoulders, but the ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists make up the difference. The head also has nice range of movement as well.

I have no QC issues with my Granamry that I can detect.

------------------

I could not get his tail in at all at first. I attempted to force it in, but immediately noticed stress marks on the plastic. I used a hair dryer, heated up the plastic, and the tail slid in without the slightest bit of effort.

Luckily for me, my Granamyr appears to be free of QC issues, and has nice paint apps.

He is easily the best of all the giants in my opinion.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    BAD NEWS: The box was beat to hell, and my invoice was hanging out of the box, which now means my wife knows how much this thing cost! I guess telling her I had a online promo code for a discount everytime a huge box shows up won't save me this time.
    Just tell Frau Farbissina that it's part of your work with the Alan Parsons Project.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    GOOD NEWS: My dragon showed up yesterday, and no problems at all, which was nice for once this week! Now where to put him?

BAD NEWS: The box was beat to hell, and my invoice was hanging out of the box, which now means my wife knows how much this thing cost! I guess telling her I had a online promo code for a discount everytime a huge box shows up won't save me this time.
    OMG they did the same thing to me and my wife saw the invoice for the second Granamyr I got with second day shipping. There was a huge gash in the box Scott. It looked like someone took a knife and sliced a gash out of it 8 inches long and 3 inches wide. Today my third Granamyr arrived via Cornerstone slower than an Amish buggy shipping service and one of the flaps was open Scott. The tape isn't holding the box lids too well. I get a box like that from the "fulfillment center" now and then. Thankfully my wife wasn't hear to see this latest invoice.

GIFSoup
    http://gifsoup.com/view4/1117576/sen...-package-o.gif
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I'm getting mine today, but just to be sure--are we supposed to blowdry the socket and the peg to prevent breakage, or just the socket itself?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I'm getting mine today, but just to be sure--are we supposed to blowdry the socket and the peg to prevent breakage, or just the socket itself?
    I blowdried just the socket and it worked out well.

- - - Updated - - -

Granamyr #3 is perfect.

Heroic Warrior
    I finally got my Granamyr today, and he is perfect! Everything is solid and sturdy, and the paint apps are all great. My MotU collection is now complete. If I never get anymore MotU stuff, I'm content.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Heroic Warrior
    My Granny arrived yesterday. No QC issues!

Granny arrived yesterday with no QC issues
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    I finally got my Granamyr today, and he is perfect! Everything is solid and sturdy, and the paint apps are all great. My MotU collection is now complete. If I never get anymore MotU stuff, I'm content.
    Even without Ram man!!

I got my Granamyr today, no QC issues. Have to admit though, I was a bit nervous assembling him.

Quick question before I snap the top half of Granamyr to the bottom:

Is it possible that the midsection was intended to be a swivel joint at some point? Maybe the peg part got glued by mistake? Just wondering if I should bother trying to loosen it up or modding it so it he can turn at the mid-torso, or just go ahead and Voltron this beast.

All joints are great on mine. Paint is wonderful, from color choices to shading and precise applications.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    got mine. was perfect.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post

Is it possible that the midsection was intended to be a swivel joint at some point? Maybe the peg part got glued by mistake? Just wondering if I should bother trying to loosen it up or modding it so it he can turn at the mid-torso,...
    I was wondering the same thing since both of his shoulder joints were also glued!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Mine arrived today and looks great; though I did follow the hints for safe assembly.

And, I was struck by how odd I must look when I had him sitting on my bathroom counter and was using a hair dryer to blow hot air into his rear end....
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    Mine arrived today and looks great; though I did follow the hints for safe assembly.

And, I was struck by how odd I must look when I had him sitting on my bathroom counter and was using a hair dryer to blow hot air into his rear end....
    Poor Granamyr, he must have been such a naughty dragon in his youth!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Is it possible that the midsection was intended to be a swivel joint at some point? Maybe the peg part got glued by mistake? Just wondering if I should bother trying to loosen it up or modding it so it he can turn at the mid-torso, or just go ahead and Voltron this beast.

All joints are great on mine. Paint is wonderful, from color choices to shading and precise applications.
    I wondered the same thing. I'd still be very careful because it could have been glued because it was mega faulty, more so than the tail and arms, ya never know. I'd be surprised if the factory just started gluing this one joint that looks like all the others, which they know are supposed to spin. But then again, it is Mattel's wonder factory, so anything is possible.

Received my Granamyr, went together fine but he has 2 right biceps. I had to pay $25 customs, not sure if waiting however long for the return label, plus shipping again with more customs is worth it.

If I send enough pics is it possible to get a discount?

GOOD NEWS: My dragon showed up yesterday, and no problems at all, which was nice for once this week! Now where to put him?

I ordered 2 TMNT Classics from TRU, and at the time I was a full on MOSC collector, I went to the mailbox to find the package was ripped and bent to hell, the packing slip was crumbled, and both Turtles were still in the bubbles, but the bubbles were completely off the cards, and the cards were dented....I was ******, but by the time they arrived, because they were backordered, I had already opened the majority of my stuff, but still the condition was unacceptable.

Same thing with one I got from a store through Amazon, but it was still carded, but the box and card were both bent.

And I never tell my wife how much these things actually cost, my wife thinks I paid $50 for Granamyr....if she really knew, she wouldn't be happy, I mean she's not one that complains about my stuff, but if she knew how much I really spent on each figure....boom....couch baby! No, she wouldn't be happy, but it's not like the money isn't allotted for them separate from everything else, she knows this, but she doesn't need to know that I will be paying $25 a piece for these damn things this year.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The peg on mine was glued on crooked, so I cut it free. It was a total *****. I can now turn the top half of Granamyr, though.

I don't think it was glued by mistake. The lower torso hole is square, but the peg will turn pretty easily.
    Last edited by Slayor; January 10, 2013 at 11:17am.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Just tell Frau Farbissina that it's part of your work with the Alan Parsons Project.
    Man, I LOVE the Alan Parsons Project!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I am the eye in the sky
    Looking at you
    I can read your mind
    I am the maker of rules
    Dealing with fools
    I can cheat you blind
    And I don't need to see any more
    To know that
    I can read your mind, I can read your mind

Hmmm....Skeletor?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I am the eye in the sky
    Looking at you
    I can read your mind
    I am the maker of rules
    Dealing with fools
    I can cheat you blind
    And I don't need to see any more
    To know that
    I can read your mind, I can read your mind

Hmmm....Skeletor?
    I just listened to that tonight, I'm not joking. Maybe it is Skeletor....
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Received mine today. Took my time in assembling him. No QC problems at all. Well, his right knee won't bend in all the way but bends enough to look natural. All of his joints are nice and tight so the knee thing doesn't warrant a return. Great figure though!

Quick question. Was shipping reasonable for anyone else? The shipping for both Mosquitor and Granamyr was only $4.57....I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
    Last edited by MattHatter; January 9, 2013 at 11:46pm.

Count me in with those that had a problem with the shipping box. Mine arrived yesterday open (with the nice "the box arrived in such and such condition" sticker) and the top of the white mailer smashed up. So after I had my micro heart attack, I opened up the box and checked everything out, and thankfully, no damage to Granny. No cracked or damaged connection joints, only problem was the chest peg was a little crooked (heated it up and was able to straighten a little) and some paint was scraped a little on the inner knee. Broke out the hair dryer after he warmed up to room temp, and everything went together smoothly. I connected the torso to the chest last so I could make sure every joint connected completely.

Big shout out to those of you who warned the rest of us with the problems with the big G so we could avoid them. Thank you!!!

I'm very happy with Granamyr. Fortunately the highlights on the chest and other areas was actually red, and not the pink it appeared to be in Dan's video, so I'm good with that. I'll be honest though: I would have easily paid $10-20 more if G came with ball-jointed shoulders, bicep swivels, a properly moveable chest, and thicker, more durable plastic on the connection joints.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yikes! Sorry to hear that, N-Coaster. You have my condolences.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My Granamyr finally showed..
    Admittedly, I wasn't excited about the arrival as I should have and normally would have been, simply out of fear he would be defective.. I inspected everything closely and took my time with him.. All looked well so I proceeded with the blow dryer trick for a bit of insurance. Assembling his arms, legs, and tail.. I put a tiny, tiny bit of dish soap on the pegs to make them a bit slippery.. He went together with no problems and I am fortunate to have an issue free one.. I am very happy with this figure, and he is a fantastic sculpt.

I really do feel for those who have had issues with this particular figure, for he really is magnificent and is a cut above the rest in many ways.. Best of luck to all those dealing with th QC issues and to those soon recieving theirs.