Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

I'm getting worried. I hope I don't have to send mine back.

Got mine today and he is truly awesome. Much higher than I thought.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

My granamyr and the rest of this months motuc and dc turned up today in Australia. It only took 2 days to get here and they are all awesome

Got mine today! His left arm pops out every time I move it, but other than that he's just fine. Here's a picture of him hanging with the royal family:

^ Looks like PROCRUSTUS is going bowling.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Well what else is there to do in the center of Eternia besides bowling?

I got mine just now today. I was pulling the parts ready to build him up. As I was laying out the parts I see the dreaded "Matty screw up". I got 2 left arms. All parts are fine, nothing broke but they had to mess up some way. My opinion, by law they should have to just send out another one after you document and send pictures. If they had just give people a full second item, they might would get on top of these mess ups.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Got my Granamyr and he has the broken tail issue others have mentioned, and also a bobble head issue.
    Matty, you suck.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Or he's about to bust a "Haodouken!".
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Oh gosh

What the heck?! Is Mattel just not interested in quality control anymore at all? I know they've cut corners but this is an EIGHTY DOLLAR "Adult Collectors" toy. It really isn't acceptable for "quite a few" customers wanting to exchange the product because of breakage
    I will send that 'ISH back and just get a refund! Like you stated, too much money for any error even if it's HUMAN!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Remember how in EVERY single video where Scott presented Granamyr, the tail would always pop off. He would always try to put it back on... And it would always fall off. It happened in Pixel Dan's walk-through. It happened in Scott's own video about Granamyr.

This tail problem was obviously evident in the samples. I wonder why this problem persists.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The returns process is still really frustrating. Still waiting for my return label. Instead I've gotten two e-mails that address me by name and include a description of the problem, and then proceed to ask me what my name is, what my e-mail address, and what the problem is. Just send me a return label so I can get that thing back in the mail.

I'm really concerned about this. I deliberated over buying him a lot and decided to sell off some of my less wanted figures to pay for him (Mer-Man, Buzz-Off, even Star Sisters). If he's in a state, I'll be majorly hacked off.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by raptor8x View Post
    Mine came yesterday too. However, the arms pop off when I try to move them. Other than that, he's solid!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1355977612
    Great photo!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Got mine today! His left arm pops out every time I move it, but other than that he's just fine. Here's a picture of him hanging with the royal family:
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/P1080247.jpg
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/P1080248.jpg
    That's a really nice display setup, with great posing.

These pics are keeping me from having serious buyers remorse. I have some, but not full blown yet.
    I hope everyone's figures are okay and that the problems are just from a very few figures. I might not even put the tail on as it'll take up too much room, but I'm even more wary of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Got my Granamyr and he has the broken tail issue others have mentioned, and also a bobble head issue.
    Matty, you suck.
    I'm bummed that the bobble head thing didn't stay isolated to mine. I can't even display him because he looks like he's pouting.

Remember how in EVERY single video where Scott presented Granamyr, the tail would always pop off. He would always try to put it back on... And it would always fall off. It happened in Pixel Dan's walk-through. It happened in Scott's own video about Granamyr.

This tail problem was obviously evident in the samples. I wonder why this problem persists.
    I didn't even realize that, but there it is. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    The returns process is still really frustrating. Still waiting for my return label. Instead I've gotten two e-mails that address me by name and include a description of the problem, and then proceed to ask me what my name is, what my e-mail address, and what the problem is. Just send me a return label so I can get that thing back in the mail.
    They should do it like everyone else: send me the replacement and a return label, charge me if I don't send it back in 30 days. Simple, and I know right off the bat if its worth it to try for a replacement or if I need to figure out a way to make it work or try for one on the secondary market.

Good observation, and you're right. This is incredibly frustrating to me, as Granamyr (and Castle Grayskull) was the announcement that made me re-think canceling my subscription. And here I am, with an $80 figure that was broken right out of the box, and the evidence of shoddy workmanship was evident in all the videos, just as you mention.

I cant even imagine what theyre gonna do with castle graysull....

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    Well, thanks for the heart attack! I hadn't even thought of that yet. If I'm this worked up over $100, just wait until you triple that. I'll bet Grayskull will be something like a malformed Jaw Bridge that can't actually fit or the hinge system will be completely snapped off right out of the box. Then we'll get, "Oh, due to this being such an expensive item the majority was made based on the pre-order and we don't have any customer service stock. Sorry. Guess you'll have to turn to the secondary market."

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    This is scary news. I hope my Granamyr arrives with all correct unbroken parts.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Mine hasn't shipped yet, but I figured I'd have a wait on my hands. I forgot about sale day and didn't order him until several hours into the day. Why are people wondering why he has QC issues? He did appear on an episode or two of PoP, after all. He was bound to have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    Yeah, I'll be honest...I'm rethinking letting the charges go thru for CG now.

Being in the UK, if I have to send him back for a replacement it will cost me a hell of a lot and be a real trouble. Hence my not ordering Castle Grayskull.

I've gotta say, really regretting buying Granamyr now....I really hope when I finally get my damn Dragon, he's not broken. I seriously don't want to have to go through the BS to get a replacement, then take a chance it's broken too....

I was going to somewhat assemble him for display, but if mine's not broken, I think he'll stay in the box now.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I was seriously considering buying Granamyr but I was dissuaded by this thread and saved $100.

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Granamyr on Friday. He is awesome. However, this AM, Sunday, I looked at him and it looked as if he was bleeding down his torso. I looked closer and it looks like glue has trickled down his torso. Not sure. It's clear, but I can feel it. It was not there when I first got him.

Do you think when I assembled him it released something on to the torso?

Ideas? Ideas on how I should try to get the glue ish stuff off?