Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Big shout out to those of you who warned the rest of us with the problems with the big G so we could avoid them. Thank you!!!

I second that! Got mine last night--heated the sockets like people said to--no issues ( I was scared to death at first ) My Granamyr looks great, just feel bad some people had to find out the hard way on how to prevent problems on this

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Big shout out to those of you who warned the rest of us with the problems with the big G so we could avoid them. Thank you!!!
    I agree. I didn't have any problems putting mine together thanks to all of you that offered advice on warming the parts up first. THANKS!
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Widget
    Mine seemed fine but my torso will not snap on. The peg on the top of the belly piece appears to be normal and look like the one on the instructions, and the hole inside Granamyr's chest seems normal too but it just dosnt snap in when inserted. I wrestled with it for 90 minutes before just gluing it. which so far seems to have worked. all the other parts work fine.

I assembled mine, but I didn't other to put the tail on, since the place I had for him, he wouldn't fit on with it. And I didn't bother to assemble the chest to the abs, it's just sitting on him, this way I can also take him back apart any time I want. I have popped the legs and arms back off once, with ease, and nothing is weakened or stressed. But I did have to hold my thumbs inside the chest while popping the arms in, so the sockets didn't pop out.

And I let him sit in the box for an entire day inside the house, to acclimate before assembling him.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Granamyr has arrived.

Granamyr was ordered on sale day, he shipped on Dec 17 and just arrived about an 3 hrs ago.
    I put together procrustus, unboxed thunderpunch he-man, mosquitor and bubble power she-ra.

Granamyr

Arms:

The shape of the peg insert and the support of the locking mechanism.

Right arm has a square peg insert which is received by a square locking mechanism.
    I do have right arms problems, the right arm does lock into place but once you rotate the arm the inner support
    gives way and the arm pops out. I can re position the arm of course by just reinserting the arm in a lower or upper position but......

While the left arm is an hexagon tab insert which locks and rotates on the inner support which glides because it has more support and less resistance.

Guess in my case if they would have used the same hexagon peg system in the right arm I would not have my issue with the right arm.

I have not attempted the tail yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Update:

Tail and legs no problems....
    ----------------------------------------------------

Overall I really like this monster of a figure.
    I just need to find nice place for him.
    Last edited by Mophead; January 10, 2013 at 05:05pm.

FINALLY! Got my Granamyr today and assembled him with zero issues. Of course, I did heat each and every area up with a hairdryer for thirty seconds before pushing anything into place, but peg met each socket with success
    There are a couple of things...
    I do have Bobble-Head Granamyr, but it's only a thing when I'm picking the figure up. It stays in place when I move it left, right, up, and down... but when I pick it up it definitely jiggles.
    He came with a rather sad-looking scratch on one of his legs. The paint, while it looks good, seems to just flake off a little too easily. In the hands of a child, I can see Granamyr getting his paint scuffed rather quickly.
    The left leg on mine is a bit looser than the right. It doesn't want to press up against the body completely. It snapped into place, and the more I press it- well it just doesn't do much of anything. There's definitely a bit of a gap between that leg and the body. I don't think I'll be displaying him standing upright for fear of him toppling over.
    Other than that though, he's pretty damn impressive. I never thought in a million years that they would make a Granamyr figure for Masters Of The Universe. I never thought in a TRILLION years that I would ever want one in my collection. Is he worth the price tag? Oh, absolutely not. This should be a $40 toy at best. It's not like there's all these paint highlights and details ALL over the body. And he doesn't come with a single accessory, and you have to assemble him yourself. And it seems for half of the customer base, he breaks even when you try to do that. So yeah, if you ask me $80 is a rip-off, for sure. That said, he's already done and paid for and he's in my house. I think he might very well be THE ultimate Filmation figure. I'm not sure what they're going to do to top this guy in the ol' cartoon-to-toy department. Visually, he's just perfect. I mean, they nailed the essence of this character completely. I'm quite happy to have him, wish he'd been half the price for what we got... and am completely content with these parts being unique to Granamyr and never being reused again. That is to say, I welcome Granamyr but have absolutely no interest whatsoever in further dragons or creatures of this size.
    Let's go in the opposite direction now, ToyGuru... it's time for Kowl, Imp, Loo-Kee and other small creatures
    Last edited by zodak74; January 10, 2013 at 07:32pm.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

As far as price goes, he's easily 4 times the size of He-Man, hence the price tag. The figure is awesome, the biggest toy I own I think. I really like him and no, I didn't like the price tag, it's hard to imagine him being cheaper tho. I really wonder what a green one would look like!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Got my Granamyr in today and since the luck of the damned has always been with me I assembled him as soon as I got him out of the box all willy-nilly. Everything went in lickity-split and with no problems. All joints are nice and tight just the way I like them. It's a good day to be a bad man!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Got him! He's so amazing. I used a hair dryer just in case but he went together with no issues at all. I love him so!!!!

Got my Granamyr today, and he is perfect!!! No QC issues whatsoever. Joints tight, easily put together, everything locked in, no bobble head, and paint apps are great!! He is amazing and one of the standouts in my collection.

Got mine in 2 days ago from Matty.The route he took to get here that's a different story!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Got Mine! He came with no problems! Very Cool and detailed!! I used a blow dryer just in case.

Got mine, had some trouble putting the tail on, even witht he hair dryer trick, but eventually it made it, I never heard or felt a click it just felt secure, so I stopped trying.

I have to say, to me this is worth the price I paid. I waited 30 years for ol Granamyr and the horsemen did NOT disappoint at all. I keep looking at him marveling how amazing he is, I just can't believe I've finally got an official granamyr. I almost want to buy a 2nd but there isn't a reason to and it's a pretty hefty price tag. I LOVE this figure, best MOTUC toy hands down. might be my favourite MOTU toy ever actually.

One slight issus, trying to stand him up I noticed that the left knee is loose, examining it, the peg isn't in all the way. so tonight I will take a dryer to the knee and squeeze that peg in right. I figure with his advanced age a little knee surgery is par for the course.

GRANAMYR!!!!!! only problem is his arrival far outdoes the arrival of procrustus and mosquitor, I like them a lot but Granamyr overshadows them completely.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    GRANAMYR!!!!!! only problem is his arrival far outdoes the arrival of procrustus and mosquitor, I like them a lot but Granamyr overshadows them completely.
    Wait until next year. Whatever is released in December 2013 has to compete with CASTLE GRAYSKULL! I feel bad for whoever it is... LOL!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Wait until next year. Whatever is released in December 2013 has to compete with CASTLE GRAYSKULL! I feel bad for whoever it is... LOL!
    yeah whoever comes out with grayskull will definitely get faaaar outshined.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    IF Grayskull actually comes out on time

I had to say it...
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Poor poor Kowl...

What if that month's figure is the space suit/robot from the castle?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Widget
    I got mine the other day, he is fantastic and I had no problems with him at all other than he was almost too damn big to fit in my display case!

Does anyone know whether Granamyr was regarded as a success or as a failure by Mattel? He’s clearly done better than the Wind Raider, but it still took a little while for him to sell out.

Got mine yesterday and he went together with zero QC issues, tail was a little hard to get in the slot but after some gentle elbow grease it snaped into place, he now sits in quite contemplation on my shelf, gazing at anyone who dares to enter the lair.....err room
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    What if that month's figure is the space suit/robot from the castle?
    If they were any good at theme-ing out the release schedule, this is EXACTLY what they would do

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Does anyone know whether Granamyr was regarded as a success or as a failure by Mattel? He’s clearly done better than the Wind Raider, but it still took a little while for him to sell out.
    I think Toyguru already hinted at a failure.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Got mine today no special tricks just connected the pieces and everything was perfect such an awesome figure

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I think Toyguru already hinted at a failure.
    Sales wise maybe but everything else about Granamyr is a homerun, well the timing of his release was a failure too. I don't care how long ago they announced it, $100 is still a hard pill for people to swallow esp at Christmas time. but I digress, what a fantastic figure this guy is.

Fear is faith in failure