Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Does anyone know whether Granamyr was regarded as a success or as a failure by Mattel? He’s clearly done better than the Wind Raider, but it still took a little while for him to sell out.
    I have a feeling that he wasn't totally sold out, more like pulled from the site, the same with Procrustus. I hope we'll find Granamyr discounted at Later date...

If Granamyr was a failure, Mattel can only blame themselves.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Sales wise maybe but everything else about Granamyr is a homerun, well the timing of his release was a failure too. I don't care how long ago they announced it, $100 is still a hard pill for people to swallow esp at Christmas time. but I digress, what a fantastic figure this guy is.
    Agreed. For some people December means no purchases for themselves. MOTUC was the only thing I bought for myself because it feels crappy to be selfish around Christmas. Also, some people just want to spend any extra money, saved for a purpose or not, on gifts. Matty should really stop selling crap I'm December that is expensive unless they want to say it's a failure.

Just got my Granamyr today and he is flawless! At first I was a bit skeptical about spending $100 on it, but now that I see him here, I can say that he's worth every penny! Really a beautiful sculpt and paint job! I can't stop staring at it!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Agreed. For some people December means no purchases for themselves. MOTUC was the only thing I bought for myself because it feels crappy to be selfish around Christmas. Also, some people just want to spend any extra money, saved for a purpose or not, on gifts. Matty should really stop selling crap I'm December that is expensive unless they want to say it's a failure.
    The other side of the argument is that November December is the perfect time due to everyone buying gifts and spending more than they normally do.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Granamyr arrived the day before yesterday. I used the hairdryer as instructed and nothing broke. I'm not sure if he suffers from the bobblehead syndrome or if I didn't push his head far enough down (I didn't want to use too much force and break the brittle looking neck peg), but I'm not going to meddle with it since it's in a nice position and I won't be playing around with him. Anyway, once fully assembled, he truly is a sight to behold

There are however some minor flaws in the paint apps: he has a little paint rubbed from the left side of his chest and a very small streak of black on his right leg, also some black is shining through on his backside. I'm not sure if the paint underneath is black and the surface coat has been applied too thinly in that spot or if it's just a smudge of black paint. Anyway, it's hardly noticeable on a figure this large, so I'm not that fussed about it and it's certainly not worth the hassle of getting him replaced nor the risk of receiving figure that might have more serious problems.

Anyway, I still want a GREEN Granamyr: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...olators-unite-!!!
    Come on, people, show your support. How cool would it be to have the two of them sitting next to each other ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Granamyr arrived the day before yesterday. I used the hairdryer as instructed and nothing broke. I'm not sure if he suffers from the bobblehead syndrome or if I didn't push his head far enough down (I didn't want to use too much force and break the brittle looking neck peg), but I'm not going to meddle with it since it's in a nice position and I won't be playing around with him. Anyway, once fully assembled, he truly is a sight to behold

There are however some minor flaws in the paint apps: he has a little paint rubbed from the left side of his chest and a very small streak of black on his right leg, also some black is shining through on his backside. I'm not sure if the paint underneath is black and the surface coat has been applied too thinly in that spot or if it's just a smudge of black paint. Anyway, it's hardly noticeable on a figure this large, so I'm not that fussed about it and it's certainly not worth the hassle of getting him replaced nor the risk of receiving figure that might have more serious problems.

Anyway, I still want a GREEN Granamyr: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...olators-unite-!!!
    Come on, people, show your support. How cool would it be to have the two of them sitting next to each other ?
    lol I always wanted him red, but i support a green one, not sure i'd get him unless they did a few more 'alcala variants' so i can have a pre-filmation display set up. that would be kind of cool.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No chance of getting a green one.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Heroic Warrior
    A green variant would need a new head, the Alcala face has more wrinkles and looks way older... I won`t support just a repaint

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    A green variant would need a new head, the Alcala face has more wrinkles and looks way older... I won`t support just a repaint
    I'd love if the Green guy had a new head sculpt, although I wonder how realistic that is. Hopefully Granamyr did well, because I doubt if we'll see another one if it didn't. Although, since they already have the mold, maybe they'd do him as a shorter run exclusive? Of course, if that happens then there will definitely be no new head.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'd love if the Green guy had a new head sculpt, although I wonder how realistic that is. Hopefully Granamyr did well, because I doubt if we'll see another one if it didn't. Although, since they already have the mold, maybe they'd do him as a shorter run exclusive? Of course, if that happens then there will definitely be no new head.
    The red head looks more like Filmation. A green Granamyr with the same head would be pointless imo.

My Granamyr arrived on Wednesday and he is absolutely perfect. I inspected him thoroughly prior to assembly and found all sockets to be free from breaks, bends, etc. His articulation is nice and tight, and his paint apps are flawless. This is absolutely the most amazing MOTUC piece to date.

Also, I'd rather them do some retooling and give us the opportunity to purchase Sorrowful over a Granamyr variant.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

The red head looks more like Filmation. A green Granamyr with the same head would be pointless imo.
    ^This... An Alcala Granamyr head with a sagging turkey neck will be indeed epic! Bring him on...

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Granamyr this week as well..and with all the various QC issues people were reporting, I was a bit leery...but he snapped together with no problem, and I have him sitting on my desk in my office. I've had several people come up and take a look at him, as he does make a rather imposing figure. lol. I wish he had the ball jointed shoulders so his arms could do more than move forward and a degree back, but oh well. I think he looks awesome.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I received mine a couple days ago. I can't really speak on QC issues or anything as he's MISB and staying that way. I was, however extremely p****d off with the USPS. They left the package on the front porch, which is the idea, however when I came home and got to the box I was fuming. The mailer box was still in perfect shape and all, but the shipping box it came in was half opened and the invoice hanging out for God and man to behold. Now I don't know about you, but to have my info hanging out of a half opened box is grounds for a jolly stomping of the mailman.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    lol I always wanted him red, but i support a green one, not sure i'd get him unless they did a few more 'alcala variants' so i can have a pre-filmation display set up. that would be kind of cool.
    That would be a dream come true. We already have the Green Goddess, a moustacheless Man-At-Arms, a blue Mer-Man and TOD Sorceress. Imagine them standing together with a Green Granamyr, a full on Alcala Skeletor, a longhaired Alcala He-Man, a blonde Alcala Teela, a Caucasian Stratos, a red Beastman, an old king Randor, the Masks of Power demons, Haramesh and and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull, all in front of Mark Taylor's prototype

I would love a facesculpt that has more wrinkles, more saggy neck skin and a thinner, stringier neck piece, but seeing that even a straight-up repaint might not be in the cards, I'll take what I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Toyguru said he did well, but not well enough to warrant a variant right now. But a shorter run exclusive would be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    ^This... An Alcala Granamyr head with a sagging turkey neck will be indeed epic! Bring him on...
    Yeah !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Got my Granamyr today! Even though I am a MOC/MIB collector, I opened the box up to inspect him. He seems to be fine - all the proper parts - no cracks. The Upper-front right corner of the box was a bit torn but it's minor. Wish I could put him together but I know he can't be disassembled so back into the white mailer he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Also, I'd rather them do some retooling and give us the opportunity to purchase Sorrowful over a Granamyr variant.
    I too would want a Sorrowful before a green variant of Granamyr is released. I LOVE Sorrowful! He would need a new head and a longer neck extension though - and possibly new wings as well.

Court Magician
    Got ours a few days ago and just posted our review photos. Everything was fine and there was no damage or cracking. It's a fantastic figures!

The full gallery can be seen at http://cooltoyreview.com/Mattel/MATTEL_MOTUC_Granamyr.asp

Granamyr has arrived and made himself at home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That would be a dream come true. We already have the Green Goddess, a moustacheless Man-At-Arms, a blue Mer-Man and TOD Sorceress. Imagine them standing together with a Green Granamyr, a full on Alcala Skeletor, a longhaired Alcala He-Man, a blonde Alcala Teela, a Caucasian Stratos, a red Beastman, an old king Randor, the Masks of Power demons, Haramesh and and the Spirit of Castle Grayskull, all in front of Mark Taylor's prototype
    You just got me Alacla drooling...
    Too bad that won't happen with the current circumstances of the line, probably we would end up seeing more of TG's incarnations before Alcala's!

Just got my "order confirmation" for my replacement Granamyr. I'm cautiously optimistic considering the number of people who have since posted that they had no problems.

Ok, I finally got home last night, after a couple of weeks of being away, and a couple of boxes were waiting for me! Granamyr had been indoors for a few days but I still made sure to use a blow dryer on him after carefully inspecting all the parts. Fortunately, nothing was broken, everything popped in nicely, and the only piece that gave me a little bit of trouble was his head. Overall, he looks great and was well worth it...He looks like he jumped out of a Filmation episode!

Oh yeah, one of the boxes also contained Mo-Larr, the last MOTUC figure that I needed in order to be 100% caught up. I said I'd feed him to Granamyr if I didn't like him but he's actually pretty cool and nicely sculpted, so he'll get to roam free throughout Eternia, heheh!

The only QC thing to note was my own fault. I still need to find a good place for Granamyr because the shelf I put him on was too narrow and he fell off! He didn't land too hard and thankfully there was stuff in the way to break his fall but his tail popped off. I was expecting the worst but nothing was broken and the tail fit back in, good as new. There were no paint chips and Granamyr is now sitting in a more secure area!

In the end, I'm very happy with my Granamyr...He's a huge figure and beautifully sculpted. Big thanks goes out to the Four Horsemen for the amazing work they put into a character that I never would've expected to see in MOTUC. Thanks also goes out to my fellow collectors here who warned us about the issues with the cold, brittle plastic. I hope everyone who needs a replacement gets theirs soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Just got my "order confirmation" for my replacement Granamyr. I'm cautiously optimistic considering the number of people who have since posted that they had no problems.
    How long from the time they received your original did they get the replacement sent out? The UPS shipping label for mine shows that they received mine at about 10 am last Thursday, but I have yet to hear about my replacement.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Truly an Epic figure.
    I'm still blown away how massive & perfect he is.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Got him today and I'm superstoked. No notable QC issues, but had to pay a hefty customs ransom.

Now we need a Treasure Trove Weapons Pak with golden weapons and chests with coins and book stacks to decorate his lair. (The weapons and books would be repaints of existing molds, whereas the chest full of coins could be later reused as an accessory for Plundor.)

Then Crystal Frozen Man-at-Arms and Sky Tree as SDCC exclusives.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Thankfully he has arrived and after inspecting the "weak" points everything seems OK. No to go read the tutorial on how to assemble him and proceed with caution...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....