Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Granamyr yesterday and was very apprehensive about putting him together especially after the horror stories about the cracks and broken tails etc.

I followed some of the instructions posted on the Fwoosh and he came together fine.

The figure was VERY cold when I opened him as we had a load of ice and cold weather here, so I opened him and left him near the radiator for about an hour then I used a hairdrier on the arm plugs and the tail and he assembled very easily and he looks awesome.

Everyone at home really likes him too, we had him sitting with us watching TV in the evening.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I ordered Granamyr around 1:30pm on the sale date and he arrived at my house on Jan 10. I opened it up to see if there was any damage but he looks ok. I'm still debating if I wanna put it together or not cuz I keep my stuff on card
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

I got mine a little over a week ago. He is great! I had no problems putting him together, and I don't have any issues with his limbs. A little pricey, but still an excellent figure!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    How long from the time they received your original did they get the replacement sent out? The UPS shipping label for mine shows that they received mine at about 10 am last Thursday, but I have yet to hear about my replacement.
    My return arrived at their warehouse on January 7. I called them on January 14 to follow-up and got an order confirmation on January 15. I'm still waiting on an actual shipping notice, but there is now an existing order for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Finally got mine, opened him up, and...he's perfect! No assembly issues or anything! I even got him to stand with no support! He's amazing, and although I would have loved a few more articulation points(like the torso!), he's totally worth what I paid for him. I'm really sorry for those who had issues with their figure. I know first hand how much that sucks, but hopefully the replacement will work better. I examined the parts before I put him together and I could totally see where the tail socket would break. You can see where the seams are glued in the sockets for all of the parts you need to attach. For whatever reason I was thinking December was a lame month, figure wise, and I couldn't have been more wrong!

I got my Granamyr yesterday and assembled him today, using the methods described in the posts above (starting with the arms, using a hair dryer). Everything went fine, no breakage at all. The parts snapped in gently and now are nice and tight except for one leg which is a bit loose, but still stable enough to actually allow him to stand without any help.
    Great figure! He could be a bit taller when sitting, however. I think next to the giants he looks a bit small.
    Awesome sticker included!

Finally got a shipping notice for my replacement Granymyr, nearly a month after contacting Matty. (Defective part reported on December 20) By contrast, I just had a new bit of bad toy luck. Amazon just dropped of my Marvel Select Thanos figure and the leg broke off when I attempted it to move it (clearly I was mishandling it, right? ) One hour after reporting it online, without having to call anyone, my replacement is listed as "shipping soon," and I'll most likely have my replacement by Monday.

Correction: Item listed as shipped just under an hour after I reported it. Estimated arrival is SATURDAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    You just got me Alacla drooling...
    Too bad that won't happen with the current circumstances of the line, probably we would end up seeing more of TG's incarnations before Alcala's!
    Sad but true
    They would be quite easy to do, though, and very cost-effective for Mattel. In some cases a new head and a revised colour scheme could do the trick. They should have done that right from the start. Instead they overproduced on re-releases that did nothing but clog their warehouses.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

My Granamty came this morning - everything aside from tail is OK but tail just will not stay on it just keeps popping out. No obvious cracks so not sure why or what to do. I dont actually own a hairdryer but is it worth using one on the tail joint or some kind of glue? If so, can someone give me some tips on how to do this exactly?

I dont really want to display him without the tail and will be so expensive to call customer relations and send back from England.
    Last edited by kochane; January 18, 2013 at 11:14pm.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Mine arrived today, with all the cold weather I decided to let his parts sit in front of a heater to get them up to room temperature before trying to assemble. Everything went together just fine, I'm thrilled to have him! Most thrilling of all was no sticker from Sweden on the box this time. Dare I dream that has stopped?
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

.ine is perfect but glad for put together tips just in case

Damn this guy is incredible! With a little posing he even stands upright under his own weight, bend forward a little but still looks natural. Fantastic!

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....

Any other tips on getting the tail in?

Hey guys, took G out of the box today and for the life of me I cant get the tail in. I tried the hairdryer tip, but all this did was soften up his belly so when I tried to push the tail in the belly buckled. Also tried a little vaseline, and nothing. Sucks too because the rest of the figure is perfect. Any last suggestions before I send him back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    Hey guys, took G out of the box today and for the life of me I cant get the tail in. I tried the hairdryer tip, but all this did was soften up his belly so when I tried to push the tail in the belly buckled. Also tried a little vaseline, and nothing. Sucks too because the rest of the figure is perfect. Any last suggestions before I send him back?
    Solved my own problem. I was about to give up and said if the figure breaks it breaks, and thats when the tail went it. I basically pushed so hard I nearly flatened the figure out!! Once his belly popped back out, I tested the tail and it looks like its locked in. I also looked through the leg socket. I never got a click, but I am fairly certain its in. Rediculous that the appendage I will probably pose the least was the hardest to get in! Anyway, I saved a Granymyr today. I hate to send these back, as I am sure they end up in the trash. My recommendation is if you are having similiar problems with the tail, keep trying, and push HARD AS HELL. And use the blow dryer and maybe the vaseline as well. Otherwise this figure defines AWESOME. Top five of mine so far. He is now on my dresser contemplating life...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    You just got me Alacla drooling...
    Too bad that won't happen with the current circumstances of the line, probably we would end up seeing more of TG's incarnations before Alcala's!
    Just found this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ala-Collection

... man, what I would give to see those included this line
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Just got mine and he's perfect! Amazing figure!!!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

I'd thought I'd never use this expression but: OH MY GOD!

Granamyr arrived save and sound, no problems assembling him...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Is the problem with parts being brittle in cold weather?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Wow, what a great link! Thanks a lot. Indeed those were ingeniously done, we definitely need and Alcala subscription now.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Granamyr finally showed up yesterday after ordering him within minutes of when he first went on sale. The box was dented but the figure was fine with the exception of a paint chip on his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Is the problem with parts being brittle in cold weather?
    Seems like that might be the case. It seems like everyone who is letting it come to room temperature and/or heating is having no issues. There did seem to be some cases of damage/stress right when it was opened but that seems rarer.

Mine's was perfect, Thank God.

granny.jpg

I don't know why I imagine the song "The Entertainer" when I see this pic.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

lmfao

great pic!
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Got mine in perfect condition. Got hit with 30€ customs though...

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Mine's was perfect, Thank God.

granny.jpg

I don't know why I imagine the song "The Entertainer" when I see this pic.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE this picture!!! Wish I had a piano to copy it! I'd pose even more characters around like a good old fashioned sing-a-long
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Finally got my replacement that I requested on December 20. I'm not sure why it took them so long to replace it, but the new one went together just fine (*whew) and all the joints work perfectly. I'm happy to finally have a working, intact Granymyr.

As far as the problem being the joints being brittle in cold weather - while I'm sure the cold weather didn't help, I got my first one on a day in which it was over 70 degrees and it still broke. There are problems other than temperature with the plastic. The inner rings are simply brittle in general.