Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    When my Granamyr FINALLY arrives after sitting in Fishers Indiana for a week and I find that its a mess, I'll return it and harrass them every hour of every day until a good one arrives. I'll just be as much of a nightmare to them as I can be. It really upsets me to hear of all these problems after overcharging for this figure. At least my Frosta's arms stay on. How about a couple free Wind Raiders in my next shippment please. This also makes me very skeptical about Castle Grayskull. If they can't even do Granamyr right, how are they going to get the castle right?
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Just got my Granamyr and he is AMAZING! He has definitely surpassed my expectations.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I'm planning to pick up mine tomorrow from work (I'm on vacation right now), and I really hope that he isn't a messed pile of plastic!
    I really love this dude, however I'll be ****** if I had to fix him or send him back for a replacement especially knowing that he might sell out soon and a there is a good portion of this batch having QC issues...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Very disappointed by the QC issues people are having. My Granamyr will end up costing me a small fortune when UK customs get their paws on him and having to return him would be a nightmare for me. I think I'll just leave him MIB. At least I can look at the lovely artwork.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Got my Granamyr last night and am happy to report no tail issues, not assembly problems at all. I'm very happy.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Can someone post a series of pictures of the breakage issue?

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Can someone post a series of pictures of the breakage issue?
    We're going to need hundreds...no, wait...THOUSANDS of pictures to prove to Scott to prove to design to prove to upper management to prove to the CEO of Mattel that there really is an issue so that the CEO can tell upper management to tell design to tell Scott to tell us that there have been a few minor QC issues which are completely within the normal range and that Mattel, unfortunately, is in no position to re-run production of the item and we'll all just have to take his word that Castle Grayskull will be amazing! As amazing as the Hover Board! (his own words, believe it or not).

I actually got 2 (1 for me and 1 for my son) and mine had the right arm problem but my son's went together fine.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    We're going to need hundreds...no, wait...THOUSANDS of pictures to prove to Scott to prove to design to prove to upper management to prove to the CEO of Mattel that there really is an issue so that the CEO can tell upper management to tell design to tell Scott to tell us that there have been a few minor QC issues which are completely within the normal range and that Mattel, unfortunately, is in no position to re-run production of the item and we'll all just have to take his word that Castle Grayskull will be amazing! As amazing as the Hover Board! (his own words, believe it or not).
    There's a poll going on right now to see what percentage arrive broken, but hardly anyones "voting".

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    There's a poll going on right now to see what percentage arrive broken, but hardly anyones "voting".
    I don't think anybody can find it or knows about it. I only saw it because I happened upon your previous post in this thread. I do not see it anywhere in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I don't think anybody can find it or knows about it. I only saw it because I happened upon your previous post in this thread. I do not see it anywhere in the forums.
    There is a section devoted to polls at the top of the MOTUC forum. And here's the link again.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...r-part)-broken

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I´ll send mine back as often as it needs to get a perfect one

Anybody else having trouble getting their shipping label? This is getting ridiculous. I had to call again and they started over with the "ticket" process to get my label. I don't know if it's just me or if they're stalling in general.

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    Anybody else having trouble getting their shipping label? This is getting ridiculous. I had to call again and they started over with the "ticket" process to get my label. I don't know if it's just me or if they're stalling in general.
    I got him last Thursday, called immediately. Got a request for information on Saturday morning, filled it out and sent it back as soon as I got it and haven't heard back since. Due to Christmas, I'll give them until the end of tomorrow before I start getting angry. Well, angrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    I got him last Thursday, called immediately. Got a request for information on Saturday morning, filled it out and sent it back as soon as I got it and haven't heard back since. Due to Christmas, I'll give them until the end of tomorrow before I start getting angry. Well, angrier.
    I think that everytime you call they start your ticket over. I found this out the hard way. "Escalation department" means "Return to Start" in Digital River Speak.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    And I'm STILL waiting for someone in FISHERS INDIANA to send my Granamyr. Nothing again today! Based upon past shipping experiences with "Cornerstone Logistics" or whatever they're called, I should have had Granamyr on Christmas Eve. Instead, he's been in FISHERS, INDIANA (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!) since the 21st. I WILL NEVER USE THIS SHIPPING MEATHOD AGAIN! At this point, I'd drive the 4 hours one way to get this figure just to not have to look it up again.

Last known Location of my Granamyr:

12/21/2012

03:19 PM

In transit

Fishers,IN 46037

Maybe Mattel or Cornerstone Logistics hired this guy to deliver my Granamyr!
    GIFSoup
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; December 27, 2012 at 03:54pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Well, I still haven't gotten any shipping notice yet, so my order is still delayed. Right now, I don't mind it so much because I have to to fly out of town for a couple of weeks so I won't see my Granamyr, Procrustus, or Mosquitor until Mid-January anyway. I knew that my travel plans would get in the way of my December order so I'm not upset with the delay. I just hope that my Granamyr won't fall apart on me when I finally get him!

Still waiting for all 3 to even be shipped. I keep checking, and nothing. I'm really trying to stay positive and patient....
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I guess I should consider myself fortunate that mine arrived without any QC issues. (That I know of...yet.)

Despite the fact that I saw the scaled pics and Dan's review, I still did not comprehend the sheer hugeness of this figure. It makes the level of articulation that Grany has all the more impressive.

It kind of makes me wish they had released Tytus and Megator in the $60 range in this same "collect and connect" way. Then we'd have gotten in-scale, fully articulated versions instead of squeaky-limbed statues. (And no, I'm certainly not expecting them to re-do them at this point.)
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    finally found a simple way to stuck the tail at the right place... "Gum" it works pretty fine!
    no need any calculator to comprehend i'll lose so much in terms of money if i ever attempt to return him.
    CS calling + UPS bringing customs fees again.
    that's just Insane!

My Granamyr arrived with no tail issue!

However he has two right shoulders.

I know I shouldn't take it so personally, but for $80.00 plus shipping I'm not willing to just grin and bear it that way I do on King Hsss or Roboto.

If I return it am I guaranteed to be sent a replacement or is there a chance I'll simply be refunded? I don't want to miss this figure!
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless_Photog View Post
    My Granamyr arrived with no tail issue!

However he has two right shoulders.

I know I shouldn't take it so personally, but for $80.00 plus shipping I'm not willing to just grin and bear it that way I do on King Hsss or Roboto.

If I return it am I guaranteed to be sent a replacement or is there a chance I'll simply be refunded? I don't want to miss this figure!
    No idea, but considering I still don't have a shipping notice for my original order, I'm really concerned by the time it gets here, there will be nothing left if it has a problem.

I love this big guy! Mine went together no problem and no QC errors!

the ignore list is my new best friend

ARM FIX FOR GRANAMYR RIGHT ARM (SQUARE PEG JOINT)

To avoid any grief, when you receive Granamyr you should install the arm with the square peg first before connecting the torso:

If it does not stay in properly there is a solution other than getting a replacement which may also have problems:

Disclaimer "At your own risk" as superglue is permanent

With the arm in get a thick superglue (Don't use a runny one as it will flow out of the arm hole on the other side) and slowly fill up the gap between the arm peg and clips and let it set but make sure it does not get into the rotating joint.

I will be performing this operation on mine this week end so should have images to show.

It will certainly work but is permanent so be careful.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    ARM FIX FOR GRANAMYR RIGHT ARM (SQUARE PEG JOINT)

To avoid any grief, when you receive Granamyr you should install the arm with the square peg first before connecting the torso:

If it does not stay in properly there is a solution other than getting a replacement which may also have problems:

Disclaimer "At your own risk" as superglue is permanent

With the arm in get a thick superglue (Don't use a runny one as it will flow out of the arm hole on the other side) and slowly fill up the gap between the arm peg and clips and let it set but make sure it does not get into the rotating joint.

I will be performing this operation on mine this week end so should have images to show.

It will certainly work but is permanent so be careful.

It sounds like a good solution, and you're very decent to post this...
    but people shouldn't have to be doing this with a BRAND NEW figure.