Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr Arrival Thread - Discussion, Assembly info, QC reports, etc

Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    It sounds like a good solution, and you're very decent to post this...
    but people shouldn't have to be doing this with a BRAND NEW figure.
    I guess it is just making the best of a bad situation.

Anyway, Those of us who collected the DC Universe Build a figures should have some experience with these bad joints. My atom smasher is always losing his legs and Kalibak can't keep his arms to himself literally, the fall off by themselves.

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered on the 17th. Last shipping update on the tracking # was the 21st and the estimated delivery date is Feb. 2nd.

Seems odd, even for digital river standards. Anyone ever get stuff before the estimated delivery date?

I came home on Christmas Day and found Granamyr waiting for me at my door step. Its been quite a while since I got a Masters figure to open up on Christmas Day. So far no issues with my dragon, but with all the posts I am afraid to move him.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Wow! February is a while to wait on that. I always get my figures before the estimated arrival date except this time. I am within that estimated arrival date now so we'll see what happens. Still don't understand why my Granamyr has spent a week in Fishers, Indiana.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Well, I'm one of the unlucky collectors here. I just opened up my Granamyr and sadly his right arm joint is defective, it won't stay on, no matter how many times I heat him up! The clips are just too long for them to bend in underneath the joined rod!
    Now my dilemma is whether to return him and deal with all the DR hassle or just glue him up!

$100 with tax and shipping for something defective with a gruesome customer service isn't what I signed up for. Today I'm not happy at all!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Mine arrived with a broken tail joint... It's Swifty's wing issue all over again!!

Thanks ToyGuru! Nice work!

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Mine arrived with a broken tail joint... It's Swifty's wing issue all over again!!
    Wow! I had no idea that Scott is 100% responsible for anything that goes wrong with this line. I didn't have a clue that he personally assembled and inspected every figure. Damn him!!!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Well, technically he is responsible as brand/ line manager.
    But I am sure we are lucky to have Scott and he made a lot of things possible for this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Wow! I had no idea that Scott is 100% responsible for anything that goes wrong with this line. I didn't have a clue that he personally assembled and inspected every figure. Damn him!!!
    As they used the same joint as Swift Winds wings, which also kept popping out, yes, I blame TG.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This is Granymer kickin itIMG_0201.jpg
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    Topic: Tahbos
    Toyguru
    Posted December 27, 2012 09:32 PM
    Thanks! It appears that any QC issues with Granamyr are only effecting a very small (but vocal group). If anyone did get any QC issues, just call CS and we will replace and make you whole. The overwhelming majority of customers seem to have no issues at all just like you. ;-)
    Posted at mattycollector.

Heroic Warrior
    Topic: Tahbos

I bought three Granamyrs for myself and friends and they are all amazing, perfect figures.

No missing parts, switched parts, bad paint or tears at all.
    Three of the most impressive, bad-***, ultimate dragon figures ever made.
    Thanks guys.

You did a classy job.

Toyguru
    Posted December 27, 2012 09:32 PM
    Thanks! It appears that any QC issues with Granamyr are only effecting a very small (but vocal group). If anyone did get any QC issues, just call CS and we will replace and make you whole. The overwhelming majority of customers seem to have no issues at all just like you. ;-)
    Clearly, the guy who posted the question was a Matty apologist. The unreal answer from Toyguru shows us once again that he's in complete denial !

What I liked was also the fact that Toyguru stated that Castle Grayskull could suffer from QC issues just like any other MOTUC item... Here's something to look foward to for those who preordered Grayskull.

With the issues that granamyr had (mine too was defective, but fixed with super glue) can you have someone double check the quality control on your end before they finalize castle grey skull since it is such a high priced item

WE will do all we can to avoid any QC issues in every toy we make. But it does happen from time to time, and that is why we offer free replacements for any QC issue.
    Last edited by Prahvus; December 28, 2012 at 06:37am.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Posted at mattycollector.
    How did TG even know it's a small group?!!! Many haven't even received their Granamyr yet! Plus not everyone is gonna call the very incompetent DR and deal with the hassle...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Clearly, the guy who posted the question was a Matty apologist. The unreal answer from Toyguru shows us once again that he's in complete denial !
    Or he didn't get a messed up Granamyr. With the way some fans aggressively post and re-post their QC problems, you'd think that damn near every Granamyr had problems when it's only a handful. This isn't Frosta or Stinkor where everyone's figure is impacted.

What I liked was also the fact that Toyguru stated that Castle Grayskull could suffer from QC issues just like any other MOTUC item... Here's something to look foward to for those who preordered Grayskull.
    A couple of Grayskull's could come broken and a few fans could blow the problem up to make it look as if it's everyone's Grayskull.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    How did TG even know it's a small group?!!! Many haven't even received their Granamyr yet! Plus not everyone is gonna call the very incompetent DR and deal with the hassle...
    It's always a "small but vocal group". Once again, Toy Guru cannot man up to anything, and reduces a problem down to a few "whiners". This is clearly a bigger issue than just a handful of vocal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    He has a World Class Research facility™ at his disposal
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I didn't order Grannamyr because he just wasn't figure for me, but reading the arrival thread angry posts, I wanted to do some research on the actual numbers and facts we have. I know truth is not the facts, but what we FEEL IS RIGHT, however lets go forward anyhow

If they made thousands of these figures, a small amount of QC issues is (so far) correct as there is no evidence to contradict that. I counted 16 defective figures in this thread, if that is out of say 5000, it is a small number. Based on public stats, Toyguru's statement is fair even if it does annoy, I am sure. Of course I do not know how many calls customer support got, but neither does anyone who isn't working for Mattel or Digital River.

It sucks to get defective product, especially when you do not live in US. It is also wrong if customer service isn't helpful, and replacement process is too difficult. However, based on information I have seen so far, the QC issues are concerning small minority of even just ORG members.

Disagreeing with me? I have no personal stake either way, if something is "CLEARLY" widespread, then for everyone's common good to make clear case about it. Post pictures to picture thread, let QC issues to be heard.

zyzyx1701d
    - tail attachment broken

raptor8x
    - Arms pop-of easily

Howlor
    - bobble head issue
    - tail attachment broken

Mye-Kah B
    - tail attachment broken

J_Man
    - 2 left arms

Fug-Lee-Faces
    - bobble head issue

DCComicsguy
    - glue bleeding down his torso

Keldor5579
    - Broke while assembling

JimPansen
    - Right arm socket

jerec350
    - Right arm socket too loose

nato
    - Left arm socket too loose

atlas0413

davidlogan
    - Paint chip

Fearless_Photog
    - 2 right arms

Darkkosis

Oz-Scott
    - tail attachment broken

Why do those whipping us into a frenzy,also never buy the product?

So if I get a bad dragon and post,I am sain. If I get a good dragon and post I am an apologist,awesome logic.

I am so worn of hearing that this is the end,this will kill 2014, my castle will be garbage.

Maybe a couple members should change thier name to chicken little.

I may stay off the org until my granamyr arrives.

16 issues with granamyr and yet someone who has a fine dragon is an apologist.

Is this heman.org or hatescott.org?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Saying that 16 people in one thread should be compared to the entire run is looking at the wrong data.

I'd say compare it to the number of people posting they got one free of issues.

Now, if this were some standard complaint board, one could argue that more people come to complain about something than praise it. And I would agree with you. However, in this case, these are visitors to a MOTU site and this thread is directed at both happy and sad arrivals. So out of the subset of MOTUC fans who already come to this forum, and would post either way - looking at that number is going to be a far more accurate estimation of the overall percentage.

When Scott demands "100's of pics or it didn't happen", it kind of flies in the face of his ".ORG is just a tiny representation of the fan base." According to him, only 200ish people come here and post. Considering that probably only half of them ordered Gran - that 16 out of 100ish starts to be a bigger percentage - and let's not forget, tons of people still haven't gotten theirs yet.

I think we might have Swift Wind numbers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post

zyzyx1701d
    - tail attachment broken

raptor8x
    - Arms pop-of easily

Howlor
    - bobble head issue
    - tail attachment broken

Mye-Kah B
    - tail attachment broken

J_Man
    - 2 left arms

Fug-Lee-Faces
    - bobble head issue

DCComicsguy
    - glue bleeding down his torso

Keldor5579
    - Broke while assembling

JimPansen
    - Right arm socket

jerec350

nato
    - Left arm socket too loose

atlas0413

davidlogan
    - Paint chip

Fearless_Photog
    - 2 right arms

Darkkosis

Oz-Scott
    - tail attachment broken
    Add me. Granamyr's left arm falls off when you move the arm up or down.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Saying that 16 people in one thread should be compared to the entire run is looking at the wrong data.

I'd say compare it to the number of people posting they got one free of issues.

Now, if this were some standard complaint board, one could argue that more people come to complain about something than praise it. And I would agree with you. However, in this case, these are visitors to a MOTU site and this thread is directed at both happy and sad arrivals. So out of the subset of MOTUC fans who already come to this forum, and would post either way - looking at that number is going to be a far more accurate estimation of the overall percentage.

When Scott demands "100's of pics or it didn't happen", it kind of flies in the face of his ".ORG is just a tiny representation of the fan base." According to him, only 200ish people come here and post. Considering that probably only half of them ordered Gran - that 16 out of 100ish starts to be a bigger percentage - and let's not forget, tons of people still haven't gotten theirs yet.

I think we might have Swift Wind numbers here.
    My swift wind had two right front legs,it made me mad,it took a month an a half to resolve. Yet I saw so many with no issue, when it happens to you,you post more. When my figure is fine I either say one comment or more often than not I say nothing,but with swift wind I bet I posted 30 times on the same issue,thus with all of my posts,it looked worse than it was.

We need to wait for more customers to have these in hand. Waiting will only get to the truth.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Granamyr QC poll going on right now!!

Hey guys, don't forget there's a poll where you can vote for your particular QC issue over in the poll section at the top of the MOTUC forum. If you have multiple issues, along with the tail issue, then please vote for the tail, and add other issues in a comment. Thank you!

Here's the link - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...75#post3178875

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I've often wondered the same thing.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

So if I get a bad dragon and post,I am sain. If I get a good dragon and post I am an apologist,awesome logic.

I am so worn of hearing that this is the end,this will kill 2014, my castle will be garbage.

Maybe a couple members should change thier name to chicken little.

I may stay off the org until my granamyr arrives.

16 issues with granamyr and yet someone who has a fine dragon is an apologist.

Is this heman.org or hatescott.org?
    We've had fans who wanted Castle Grayskull to fail because they were upset at Toyguru.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We've had fans who wanted Castle Grayskull to fail because they were upset at Toyguru.
    And this statement alone is all people really need to know.
    the ignore list is my new best friend