Thread: DJ Force Weapons Forge Toydesign Showroom

DJ Force Weapons Forge Toydesign Showroom

Hey guys and gals,

I wanted to start a thread here on the .org for my custom accessories that I built. You might know my Grayskull Standard, which was the Grayskull Con Exclusive in 2013, or the Horde Trooper Sword, which was first offered at Grayskull Con 2014. But aside from those items, Iīve created a lot more. And I wanted to make a showroom for all those items. But for now, here is the showroom:

Horde Trooper Sword:

This sword is based on the swords used by the Horde Troopers in the Laughing Swan Inn. If youīre unfamiliar with what I am talking about, please check your copy of the Secret of the Sword movie, or the first episode of the She-Ra cartoon :-)

Point Dread Halbeard and Shield:

These items can be seen in the comic "The Power of Point Dread", which accompanied the Vintage MOTU Point Dread & Talon Fighter Playset.
    BTW: The figure pictured is my version of "young Dekker", using the young Dekker head, Palace Guard buck and armor, Dekker arms and Dekker boots. Maybe one day Iīll replace the shoulders with Sea Hawkīs, to improve the appearance of the t-shirt arms.

Firefighter Hydroblaster:

Right out of the pages of MVCreationsī comic book "The Shard of Darkness", this watercannon is essential in fighting fires all over Eternia. No Firefighter should go without one.
    BTW: The figure is Snout Spout with alternate Bow head. Works really fine as a generic firefighter, I think.

Magical Lightning Bolt:

After carefully inspecting the Wind Raider boxart, Evil-Lyn can be seen piloting a Roton and doing something that seems to be casting a lightning bolt spell to throw at her enemies. Fun little item and it looks really great with a lot of the female witches, magicians and sorceresses.

Andreenid Spear:

Inspired by the spears seen in MYP cartoon episode "Sky War".

Smith & Wesson 916A Shotgun:

This started out as a joke, but quickly became one of the items Iīm most proud of, as I managed to capture the look of the original shotgun into MOTUC size almost perfectly. If you have no clue why this should be a MOTU item, please check your copy of the 1987 MOTU life-action movie starring Dolph Lundgren. Detective Lubic, played by James Tolkan, got this shotgun from musician and shop-owner Charley after Skeletors troops devastated the shop and captures the Cosmic Key.

Council Guard Halbeard and Shield:

As seen in the first MYP cartoon episode "The Beginning, pt.1" and various other episodes to follow. As you can see, the shield also has a detailed backside with a sculpted button, which in the cartoon was used to trigger the mechanism to open the giant door leading to the Council of Elders.

Brightmoon Guard Orb-Staff:

Inspired by the staffs displayed by Brightmoon Guards in the POP cartoon series, I made this staff in 2 sizes to fit both male and female hands.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Next up: The Savage Collection!
    Savage Mace:

As you can see in the background of the pic, this mace is inspired by the triangular weapons rack cardboard display from the vintage Castle Grayskull playset. The chainlinks are free-moving, of course.

Savage Shield:

Thereīs an updated version of this Shield already that sports some cracks and dents, indicating that this shield has seen lots of battles.

Savage Axe:

Rather basic axe, still a nice addition and most certainly able to shop off several heads of evil-doers.

Savage Blaster Pistol:

You can see the reference in the background, bottom left of the cardboard Weapons Rack.

Savage Long Barrel Blaster Pistol:

Again, reference in the background of the image. Pretty awesome design, if you ask me!

Tech-Zeyra Mk.1 Guard Rifle:

Taken from the pages of the vintage minicomic "The Magic Stealer", this is one of the weapons used by the Palace Guards. It is named after its designer: Mark Texeira.

Warrior Goddess Shield:

Inspired by Teelaīs shield as drawn by Alfredo Alcala in the very first vintage minicomic "He-Man and the Powersword". Goes pretty well with Battleground Teela. In fact, better than with regular Teela, as she already has a shield and Battleground Teela hasnīt.

Immobilizer:

I just had to make an accessory from my favorite MYP cartoon episode "Sirenīs Song". And since I couldnīt build Evil-Lyn as the Siren, I went with the next best thing from that episode. The Immobilizer features a real working mechanism that extends the "freeze-ray" emitter from the box by a lever at the bottom.

Thatīs it for today. Next posting will be accessories and other cool stuff.
    Hope you like those things!
    Let me know in the comments to this thread
    Positivity, folks!

Here are some more weapons I recently made

The Galactic Protector Electronic Powersword

Rio Blastīs 200x weapons arm

Mer-People Trident (as seen in Filmations Princess of Power cartoon)

Hope you like this new batch of custom items as well!
    If you are interested in any of these, just write me a PM
    Positivity, folks!

I love the Galactic Protector Electronic Powersword, pure genius!
    Proud member of the Arizona MAZTERS since 2003

Quick question: Do you get these through Shapeways and then mold them? or just through Shapeways? I am trying to find a way to minimize the grainy issue. thanks DJ!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

These are from Shapeways only. But you can reduce the grainyness with a different material, other than White Strong & Flexible. For example, you can get the items in White Detail (but that material has itīs own issues) or in Frosted Ultra Detail, which is a transparent material and has a very smooth surface. However, itīs much more expensive than White Strong & Flexible.
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Point Dread Halbeard and Shield:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...04475834_o.jpg
    These items can be seen in the comic "The Power of Point Dread", which accompanied the Vintage MOTU Point Dread & Talon Fighter Playset.
    BTW: The figure pictured is my version of "young Dekker", using the young Dekker head, Palace Guard buck and armor, Dekker arms and Dekker boots. Maybe one day Iīll replace the shoulders with Sea Hawkīs, to improve the appearance of the t-shirt arms.
    i can't find this halbeard on your shop, what happened?
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Friendly Moderation reminder: Its ok to show off your work etc in threads like these, but posting direct links to your shop or suggestions of PMs for info ae not allowed. If a member is interested in buying items, they should PM the poster of the creation directly, otherwise, the posts here should just be to "show off" what you have created...thanks!

My apologies. I kinda digressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i can't find this halbeard on your shop, what happened?
    Thanks for letting me know!
    It was set to hidden. Itīs now visible again.
    Positivity, folks!

I usually don't like the texture of printed items but these are some of the best peices I have seen. Perfect job on everything. The BY Teela shield is spot on!

I've got a bunch of these, you can see photos on my instagram feed, they're great!

Quote Originally Posted by HenshinHal View Post
    I usually don't like the texture of printed items but these are some of the best peices I have seen. Perfect job on everything. The BY Teela shield is spot on!
    Thank you so much for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake
    I've got a bunch of these, you can see photos on my instagram feed, they're great!
    Would you happen to have a link to your Instagram feed? Iīd love to see those photos!
    Positivity, folks!

If you look back I've got several on here so far http://instagram.com/meistershake

Here are some more items I recently made:

First, a new and improved photo of Mermistaīs Trident:

Next up, the Throne Room Computer Deluxe, with fully sculpted back (the first two versions were just a hollow shell, much like the Castle Grayskull Robot/Armor)

If you remember my Modular Wooden Rack:

...you will be pleased to see that I continue to make add-ons for this.
    Like e.g. the Alchemistīs shelf:

It holds multiple MOTUC accessories:

You could also attach the Swords Rack that you know and love from the Secret of the Sword, when He-Man first encounters Adora:

You can use this for several accessories:

Letīs stay at Filmation a little longer.
    There is something cool in this pic of Teela in Duncanīs workshop:

And of course itīs the Grenades!

You can place these Grenades in a figureīs hand (or clip it to the back of certain characterīs armors)

Or you can get a display rack that holds a total of 5 grenades:

Hereīs a pic of just the rack:
    Positivity, folks!

And now thereīs something the Great Rebellion needs to celebrate their recent victory against the Horde:

I do not only make items from Filmation or my own imagination. There are a lot of awesome items in the MYP 200x cartoon as well, such as this BFG:

I had to sacrifice a bit of the size in order to make it affordable, but the result is still impressive. I call it the Two-Badzooka:

And there are also some cool items to be found in the DC comics, such as the ever-important Eyes of Grayskull:

And my most recent item:
    The Megalaser!

Fits most MOTUC figures

Fully sculpted back, no more details only applied with color, but actually sculpted:

The Laser snaps onto the armor and can be tilted up and down:

This is what it looks like in "idle" position:

And one final item for now - The Battle Ram Pilot:

Unlike other head-customizers this head actually pops on and off the original MOTUC figures neck-peck and remains its full range of movement, without having to use sticky tack or blue tack or whatever that stuff is called.
    And the figure looks impressive riding the Battle Ram:

Thatīs it for tonight. Enjoy!
    Positivity, folks!

Iīve got some more items made that I wanted to share with you.

First up: The Jet Sled "docking bay".

I was tired of the Jet Sled always tilting forward when not attached to the Battle Ram, or counterweighted by a piloting figure. So I came up with this stand, that easily fits into any diorama, be it the Eternos Palace Garage, the Fright Zone fleet or Snake Mountains hangar.

The middle post fits into the hole on the underside of the Jet Sled.

Next up: The Arachna Blaster

Based on the Webstor 200x Staction, and made to fit the MOTUC figures.

And last but not least:
    The transluscent version of the Electronic Powersword.

Thanks to MOTU fans Victor and Mario who ordered this sword in transluscent, that finally gave me the opportunity to try printing and painting transparent materials. And the result is amazing
    Positivity, folks!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    gonna buy a few when I get the money
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor