Thread: Masters of the Universe Roleplaying Game

Masters of the Universe Roleplaying Game

When I was finally able to track down and play the FASA Masters of the Universe RPG, it was so terribly written and mechanically dysfunctional that I was forced to write my own.

If anyone else is interested, I've supplied a link because it's too big to attach to the forum.

https://www.box.com/s/bb9fjiuqb27s0vzqti53

This is entirely just for fun and not at all for any gain or profit. The game is more of a story-game, where players emulate the structure of the TV show and the process of toy collecting. You play a child collecting toys and setting them against other child toy collectors. The reasoning is this - there are many great roleplaying games where you can be a barbarian with a blaster, but no great roleplaying games for emulating a Filmation cartoon. This is one.

Also, if you email me, I've got a booklet version for printing off on legal sheets of paper, and a separate pdf for character sheets. My email is TransformersRPG@gmail.com (a previous project.)

Mods, I couldn't find a more appropriate place to put this, so please move it as you will.

Cheers

//Fisto-cuffs

I actually have everything from that RPG Boxed set in PDF form available. Booklets, character sheetsm Cards, Counters, Board, etc.

If someone can point me in the direction of a good file hosting site that will allow a 341mb files uploaded for free... I would be more than happy to share it all with everyone so that it can be downloaded.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I devised a really awesome game called Masters Quest, for people who cant/wont play chess.

..Its very story driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I actually have everything from that RPG Boxed set in PDF form available. Booklets, character sheetsm Cards, Counters, Board, etc.
    The only good thing about that game was the map.

//Fisto-cuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto-cuffs View Post
    The only good thing about that game was the map.

//Fisto-cuffs
    ..pardon me, I was just tryin to offer the other RPG set items as well for ppl who might want to see them.

Just because you dislike them, it does not mean everyone does.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 21, 2012 at 07:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ..pardon me, I was just tryin to offer the other RPG set items as well for ppl who might want to see them.

Just because you dislike them, it does not mean everyone does.
    You miss understand me completely. I think *everyone* should play the FASA He-Man game, if only to understand it as an interesting bit of MotU history. I was just saying I liked the map. The game itself is quite a presentation with the box and the tokens and such. But I'm not sure why it was structured the way it was. FASA did many other licenced RPGs well, like Star Trek. Was it rushed? Was it done on the cheap? Goodness knows. I'd love to get the story, there.

The game itself can be found on several torrent sites. FASA themselves are now defunct.
    If you are looking for an upload site, I use box.com. I don't know how it compares to other, similar sites.

//Fisto-cuffs