Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Non Alcohol Drinkers?

Any Non Alcohol Drinkers?

i decided to not drink until nyes.. i dont have a drinking problem. i dont think

kidding, i dont need a drink at all at home or in general, but when i go out, party, bar, etc. well. i drink. most times i casually drink, but like many folks. i do have my moments where i drank to much and then the hangover.. ugh.

well i decided for a change this fall. i stopped drinking 4 weeks ago and damn.. its feels good not to have a saturday or sunday morning hangover. it was tough in the beginning.. cause my friends ask, why not have a drink or a shot. told them i just want to be alcohol free untill nyes,

i will have my hangover then

its good for me to detox for a while and has been a good feeling. been working out even more and harder n sleep great.

anyone else not drinking?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I don't drink alcohol at all. I have no interest in it.

I drink maybe twice a year? For the longest time I was the one of two in our group of friends with a drivers license, so I was always the DD. I don't mind so much, but it's nice to let loose once in a while. It doesn't help that everyone I know lives far away either. I either need to spend the night somewhere if I go out, or stay sober and drive home.

The key to hangovers is prevention not treatment. If you're out drinking heavily take 2 extra strength Advil and 2 Gravol before bed, and wash it down with a bottle of Gatorade. You'll feel much better in the morning!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

I have never liked the taste of alcohol and never ever experienced "the buzz" or a hangover . Hard to miss something you dont know .

I did once try to get drunk by drinking a pint of beer but i hated every drop going down and nothing happened .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; November 25, 2014 at 08:16am.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

I don't drink either.

Really don't like the taste of alcohol plus never really been interested in it. Not sure why people get so excited about the idea of being drunk
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I drink, but not excessively. I can go weeks without drinking and then go through phases where I have a drink or two each night. Sometimes I feel like it's nice to just have the buzz and relax or let loose a bit. At least once a year I usually get a bad sinus infection that gives me really bad headaches, and I definitely don't drink while I have that because the effects of alcohol seems to agitate my sinuses even more. I don't have anything against anyone who decides not to drink, but also get annoyed at those who think having any drinks is terrible.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I have never liked the taste of beer and after about one or two I physically want to vomit. I had some bad experiences with wine and just can't drink it anymore. I find it best to avoid the other stuff as it will sneak up on you.

That said I will have an occasional drink but for the most part not a drinker.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I drink every day. Excessively.

When I go out, I front load my drinking. That means I drink about 3-4 beers right away, then I drink 2-3 waters, eat something (if available), and maybe a soda or two. I might have another beer or two later on, but then follow it up with another water or two. This way, I am sober when I leave the party or bar (and safe to drive). And when I get home, I will eat a bite of something and never have a hangover.

Also, I totally gave up on shots. I just can't do shots anymore, they tear me up everytime.

I don't drink during the week.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I can't even stand the SMELL of alcohol. I refuse to touch the stuff. Besides, I'd probably be both a lightweight and a mean drunk, given my family history. I'd rather not test that theory.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    I have never liked the taste of alcohol and never ever experienced "the buzz" or a hangover . Hard to miss something you dont know.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I don't drink either.

... never really been interested in it. Not sure why people get so excited about the idea of being drunk
    All of this.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I do not drink. In fact, I have never drank.

I don't drink(We'll leave it at not liking the taste and leave it at that)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Never touched the stuff, never will.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I don't do it that often. .I can go months with out a drink..but occasionally I get the urge to go crazy. And I do mean crazy....
    once in a while i also like drink a bunch and just chill out to some music...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

I have never drank and don't plan on ever doing so. I can't even stand the smell, either, and just genuinely don't like being around alcohol. One time (this was last year) I was at a community ribbon cutting event for my work and genuinely thought someone was giving me a glass of punch. I did a complete spit take and nearly gagged! My wife was rather embarrassed but was glad that I caught it before she could take a drink as she was pregnant at the time. They were just handing that stuff out to everyone!

Addiction runs in some members of my extended family so as I've gotten older I've just never wanted to risk it.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    well i decided for a change this fall. i stopped drinking 4 weeks ago and damn.. its feels good not to have a saturday or sunday morning hangover...

its good for me to detox for a while and has been a good feeling. been working out even more and harder n sleep great.

anyone else not drinking?
    I haven't had a drink in over six weeks.

I'm sure I'll have a drink or two at social events in the future, but I prefer not drinking. I never used to drink, then got into it more as an adult. One day recently I just came to realization is really wasn't my thing.

I miss the ritual of having a drink to signify the day is over or to celebrate a hard task complete. But there were so many other things associated with drinking that were all a negative experience.

I'm way more productive and feel a lot better, even without a solitary daily drink. I still hang out with my friends who drink. I just tell every person up front I'm taking a break and no one pressures me. It's all good, as I'm not going to rain on someone else's fun. Plus they enjoying having a DD.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Never had any drinking problem at all, I do drink but it just like a one night only, Like once in every 2 or 3 month. I have other issue than Drinking though.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I'm actually a Non-Alcoholic. I generally hate the stuff. but I don't mind a snifter or two to toast someone, but I struggle through finishing it, even the fruity drinks, after a while the bitterness of the alcohol is all i taste.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I decide to give up alcohol every Sunday morning, then I realize the error of my ways by the following Friday.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

I might drink a couple of times a year, like when I'm on vacation or at a conference - someplace where I don't have to drive and I can just walk back to the hotel. I'll have a couple of glasses of wine and sleep like the dead.

I've gotten a lot of crap from friends in the past for not drinking or just nursing one drink socially. I don't begrudge anybody else - have fun and party on! No judgment here! I just have rotten luck and I know it - I don't want to be the one pulled over, because one White Russian would put me over the legal limit. I'm a lightweight, and I know it.

I finally let those friendships go, because I really got tired of being harassed about it, and who needs overbearing folks?

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I don't drink either.

Really don't like the taste of alcohol plus never really been interested in it. Not sure why people get so excited about the idea of being drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I do not drink. In fact, I have never drank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Never touched the stuff, never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I have never drank and don't plan on ever doing so. I can't even stand the smell, either, and just genuinely don't like being around alcohol. One time (this was last year) I was at a community ribbon cutting event for my work and genuinely thought someone was giving me a glass of punch. I did a complete spit take and nearly gagged! My wife was rather embarrassed but was glad that I caught it before she could take a drink as she was pregnant at the time. They were just handing that stuff out to everyone!

Addiction runs in some members of my extended family so as I've gotten older I've just never wanted to risk it.
    Same here. I am also a non-drinker. Never really saw the point.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Throw me in with the non-drinkers. Never did. I've tried a few, but MAN beer is friggin' rancid. It's made with old stuff and TASTES like it. Not sure how people get around it. Same with wine. You can just taste the....old. Those little warnings go off in my brain like when you're drinking old milk "Something doesn't taste right! This is past it's prime!"

Funny thing is when people try to "fix" it. Like "Oh, there are a lot of drinks that taste like candy!" Right, pop pretty much tastes like candy, I can get my kicks for sweet stuff from that, ya know? Of course, it helps that I'm rarely in a situation where I'd feel like I would need to loosen up to get to know people. Even when I'm at a bar, it's to play pool with friends, so I'm already with people that I'm comfortable with.

Besides, I collect toys! I already know I have an addictive personality. When I find something I like, I gotta tear myself away from it. If I find a drink I like and end up liking the feeling, I'll just abuse it. No sense in starting a new vice when I'm still dealing with plenty of others.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i love me some beer.. Corona or Bud lights. I usually stick with corona.. this past summer it was almost every weekend drinking lots of beer and the belly fat started to kick in then i changed to vodka soda, then that was hangover mania, then changed to a few shots only for the night and That is best instead of drinking LOTS of beer.

always made sure i ate a good high protein meal before my shots or id be dancing shirtless.. oh wait. i do that sober too

well, everyone in my posse will be drinking for turkey day and black friday night, but i wont

i look forward to NYE's. Save all that alcohol money for more toys, movies, shirts, underwear, jock straps
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I have an occasional beer in the summer. I can't stand hard alcohol.
    "Milk that cow, George, milk it! MOO!!" ~ Optimus-Prime's response to the announcement of 3D versions of the Star Wars films.