Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4H revive Power Lords Toyline

4H revive Power Lords Toyline

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?page_id=116

“The Mayan year 13.0.0.0.0 has begun. As foretold in 669 AD by the famous prophecy carved into Monument 6 in the Mayan site of Tortuguero, this date signals the return of the “Bolon Yokte Ku” — The Nine Lords of Power. It is therefore, with great reverence, that the Four Horsemen of the Toypocalypse hereby proclaim the return of the Nine Power Lords and reveal the identity of a Tenth who dwells am...ong us and has the power to save us all.”

Four Horsemen Toy Design Studios are proud to announce the return of Power Lords: The Extra-Terrestrial Warriors action figure line!

It’s been 30 years since world-renowned sci-fi artist Wayne Douglas Barlowe originally designed the groundbreaking Power Lords toy line released by Revell. Four Horsemen Toy Design have acquired the Power Lords license and signed Wayne Barlowe as a creative consultant to help bring the Power Lords back in action figure form.

Getting to work with Barlowe on the much-anticipated return of Power Lords has been the culmination of a life-long dream for Four Horsemen co-founder Eric Treadaway. Four Horsemen Studios are currently hard at work creating the new Power Lords prototypes that will be revealed during the Power Lords-themed Toypocalypse 3 Art Exhibit occurring in New York at TT Underground in February during New York Toy Fair 2013.

For updates about upcoming figures & events, a complete history, the ever-growing archival galleries for Power Lords, and details about the new Power Lords Fan Club check out PowerLordsReturn.com!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Noooooo! My wallet can't handle another line!

I had some of these when I was little. The blue guy with the clamps, a couple other figs & a purple & green missile firing tank, which was an all time favorite vehicle. Ahhh nostalgia, you're costing me a fourtune. Great news. It was hard enough waiting for NYTF as it was, now this? So excited!

Thanks for the heads up.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I LOVED my Adam Power figure! I never had any others but Adam Power was a huge favorite of mine!

Anyone think they are going to do a "power action" feature?? Maybe 2 different figures or swapable torsos?!

I am so excited for this! Power Lords was such an awesome, underapreciated line! Can't wait for February!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

AWESOME! I KNEW The Horsemen were going to be involved in this relaunch! Sooo cool!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

This is unbelievable news!! AMAZING!! We had Sydot as a kids, what a great figure! A property that I never thought would see return gets a 2nd life!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I had Arkus as a kid and he blew me away with his sculpting and articulation. MILES beyond other toylines (even MOTU I'm sad to say!). Sadly he broke during play, thus proving that articulation isn't everything...

I can't wait to see this get started. Arkus, Sydot, Griptogg, Adam, Shaya... so many cool figures.

I wonder how they will handle the "action features" though

I was just coming here to post this, but I'm already late to the party, I see. I can't wait to see what The Horsemen do with this property-- all 100% original sculpts, and updates of characters and toys that looked pretty amazing already in the 80's (though I think everyone's Arkus broke). They even brought in Wayne Barlowe. I imagine that this will be a pricey line, though...
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

This is amazing! I can't wait to see these remade. Eric was telling me at Power-Con how much he loved this line and wished he could do something with it. So stoked they got the license!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I saw the news and was like "Ugh... NOW what is this that they're doing..."
    And then I poked around the website, saw the archived photos, and was like "HOLY CRAP! I had some of these?!?" I had the girl, the one with the sticker on his chest, and the guy with the four forearms (which I remember being my favorite). I know I focused mainly on MOTU when I was a kid (as in, I never bought Star Wars, GI Joe, etc), but now and again I picked up odd stuff to throw into the mix (I remember getting Blackstar figures to get those troll and demon guys they came packed with) that I totally forgot about until just now. Ah, the toy rooms of yesteryear...
    If these are in 6" scale with some sort of resemblance to MOTUC in terms of build, then I might buy every single of them to mix in with my Classics figures
    Also, I want those playsets!!!

I think they are starting with 3 3/4" to make it compatible with their Outer Space Men and Glyos. I would love 5-6" figures though

I still have Power Adam and was actually playing with him last week thinking it would be neat if someone could obtain the license
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I am glad they are able recreate the Power Lords. The approach they take in deisgn and development will be really great to see.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think they are starting with 3 3/4" to make it compatible with their Outer Space Men and Glyos. I would love 5-6" figures though

I still have Power Adam and was actually playing with him last week thinking it would be neat if someone could obtain the license
    Oh yeah? I would have thought these would have been 5-7" like Masters, that's cool though, better for space & price!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I remember seeing these in the stores when I was a kid but I never had any. I have an Adam Power figure that I bought for a few bucks at a thrift shop just because I'm a sucker for 80's toys. I don't feel compelled to collect a new toy line based on this series but I am glad for those who are interested.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Aw, 3 3/4"? I hope not. I'd probably still get them, but I am not a fan of smaller toys. I have some I just much prefer 6" figures. You know how when you were a little kid and toys seemed huge? That was awesome. Now I grew up into a six foot-seven inch adult so every toy is small. Joe size just doesn't cut it anymore.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

This is really cool! I never had any of the original toys, but I'm excited to see what the 4H put together.

I love the Outer Space Men. But I have to admit I'm bummed these will be 3 3/4'' Glyos creations. I was hoping for new 4H, detailed interpretations of these guys. But I realize the economics of it probably make that unlikely, and I'll still get the smaller ones.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

The 4H have apparently had much better luck with their smaller toys than their old, bigger ones... and as people have said, the economics for putting them out right now favor sticking with an established vein. But if the GLYOS ones do well there's no reason they may not do 6" somewhere down the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The 4H have apparently had much better luck with their smaller toys than their old, bigger ones... and as people have said, the economics for putting them out right now favor sticking with an established vein. But if the GLYOS ones do well there's no reason they may not do 6" somewhere down the line!
    It just makes sense, I am in the middle of starting my own indie toyline and I can tell you the costs of 2" vs 5.5" is staggering. I can literally have 5-10 figures in smaller scale done vs just 1 bigger figure.

I will own the Adam Power, whatever scale its in!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It just makes sense, I am in the middle of starting my own indie toyline and I can tell you the costs of 2" vs 5.5" is staggering. I can literally have 5-10 figures in smaller scale done vs just 1 bigger figure.

I will own the Adam Power, whatever scale its in!
    You're absolutely right. People who aren't into producing or retail seem to have this idea that a figure twice the size only means twice the costs. Which isn't true, the price difference for shipping, stocking space and similar for a 6" versus a 4" figure are MUCH higher. And in this day and age when the oil used for shipping these things over from Asia (orwherever) are rising, keeping those costs down is an easy way to get the toys made.

Sadly the happy days of stuff like cheap Marvel Legends are long gone due to the economic climate...

Great! Now, can they redo Sectaurs?!

Wow, never thought I would see the Power Lords line revived but the news is very cool. I had Adam Power and Arkus and my cousin had Sydot when we were kids. I prefer the 6" scale but may get the 3 3/4" ones if I like how they look. And knowing the 4H, I probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Great! Now, can they redo Sectaurs?!
    I wish, Sectaurs and M.A.S.K remain two licenses that are criminally dormant

Can't wait to see what these new figures will look like. I had Adam Power and Arkus as a kid.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Due to the fact there wasn't much product in this line, I had the entire first wave of this collection with vehicles and Volcan Rock!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....