Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4H revive Power Lords Toyline

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    These look awesome!!! I love the detail, I hope we see the rest of the characters and maybe some newly designed ones. Now if they could get the Golden Girl license and give us some cool 4inch warrior maidens that would be a dream.
    yeah Blanche with kung fu grip would make a great figure...
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    A couple of questions since I just found out about the line - do we have a release date? And will these be released at retail or only through the 4H website?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

WOW! I didn't know they would get revived. Very nice! I had almost all of them as a kid, because my parents saw them as a cheap alternative to MOTU. It was very sad. They also bought me Volcano Rock instead of Snake Mountain because it had just cost half ... was also devastating for me because my friend had a CG ...

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    A couple of questions since I just found out about the line - do we have a release date? And will these be released at retail or only through the 4H website?
    No release date yet, and we have no idea how they will be sold. Could be retail could be the 4H website like they do their other lines
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    These look awesome!!! I love the detail, I hope we see the rest of the characters and maybe some newly designed ones. Now if they could get the Golden Girl license and give us some cool 4inch warrior maidens that would be a dream.
    Golden Girl and the Guardians of the Gemstone would be cool, but not at four inches; I want them in scale with Princess of Power!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    This website has a shop tab that redirects to the 4H online store. I figure it'll be there.
    http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

If these are not too expensive I will be buying them.

This is awesome! Such an under-appreciated line back in the day. Now the 4H need to revive Blackstar and Bravestarr!

Lots of great pics here, many in close-up

http://www.16bit.com/toyfair2013-4h-power-lords.asp

I wonder if they are going to come up withsome new characters as well? To bad they will be in 4" scale though.
    Visit The Action Figure Archive Forums to discuss, buy, sell & trade action figure lines of the 70s, 80s & 90s. Remember to checkout the action figure guide and online store on the site as well!

Check out my trade feedback here

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    WOW! I didn't know they would get revived. Very nice! I had almost all of them as a kid, because my parents saw them as a cheap alternative to MOTU. It was very sad. They also bought me Volcano Rock instead of Snake Mountain because it had just cost half ... was also devastating for me because my friend had a CG ...
    Ironic that I bought Volcan Rock as a stand-in for Snake Mountain because it looked more like the toon version. I did get all of the PL figures originally, as well, thanks to the second wave showing up at a Murphy's I happened to stop in.

While it's never been one of my favorite properties, it's one of those eclectic lines I like just for it's off-beat nature. The two sided good guys were a really bad idea badly executed, but I liked the basic coincepts and designs of the characters. THe aliens were especailly original and eye catching.

So far, I'm liking the approach the Fab Four are taking, and the fact that they are once again working with the person behind the figures, as they did with the Outer Space Men. It's not a line that easily lends itself to re-use, as all the orignals were distinct molds. The power soldier idea is a great way to make a new character and still re-use the Adam Power mold in a logical manner for the story. And giving us two spearate Adams, one regular and one empowered, is what we should have had to beging with. And two different Ggripptoggs with different names and color schemes is a pattern I imagine they will use for all the aliens, and I have no problems with it. No reason to think each is the only member of his/her species, and if there are little touches like the different forearms here to set each apart, I think it will work well. I am very glad to see things like elbow and knee joints that I hope we don't lose, as these make the figures as posable as the originals were.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, and I'm definitely in full throttle for all of these, even the repaints/redos. This is a case of taking a good idea that wasn't excuted quite as well as it could have been and upgrading it to what it should be. I really hope it goes over and we get all the originals plus some surprises like the soldiers (and maybe some other new figures like we are seeing in the OSM).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

More info on Power Lords from the 4H:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=330
    POWER LORDS
    Toy Fair and our annual gallery show at TT Underground Gallery – Toypocalypse brought us the opportunity to finally reveal the prototypes for our newest property: Power Lords. At our Toypocalypse 3: ExtraTOYrrestrial show we celebrated the launch by showcasing a number of vintage Power Lords collectibles and fan submitted artwork. Original Power Lords character designer Wayne Barlowe was on hand to share his experiences with the property, and also to show off his collection of original drawings and concepts from the original line. A segment was filmed for the incredibly popular reality TV show “Cake Boss” where the bakery presented to the Four Horsemen an amazing Power Lords themed cake. It was a sight to behold, and flat out delicious. Thanks to everyone involved for making this such an amazing event.

- The Power Lords action figure line will be at an approximate 3.75” scale – the figures that were shown at Toypocalypse 3 were 2-ups.
    - We are going to begin the tooling process on the first Power Lords figures with variants in the next couple of weeks. We are hoping to release a preview wave of these figures at San Diego Comic Con 2013.
    - We will be doing a number of exclusive and variant figures over the course of the year with the fully painted and carded set to be released early-mid winter.
    - The plan as of right now is to include Glyos compatible joints, but the extent of this won’t be determined until we go over these with the factory. Fingers crossed…
    - We are still planning on moving forward with the Power Lords Fan Club, but we are still working out the details to ensure that the club is really special. Details on that will be revealed between now and Comic Con.

So 2014...

I like the smaller figure. Just as long as they arent like cheap 4" retail figures! For me, it'll work out better space wise.

The way I read it, they still want to get the full figures out before the end of this year.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So 2014...

I like the smaller figure. Just as long as they arent like cheap 4" retail figures! For me, it'll work out better space wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The way I read it, they still want to get the full figures out before the end of this year.
    Either way plenty of time to prepare for the new line and to collect the old in it's entirety

Does anyone have a link to a site that shows everything that was released for this line originally??
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

All the regular release figures are here, plus one vehicle and Volcan Rock:

http://www.thedarkmask.com/other/other4.htm
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    HEre's another excellent list of the original figures with pics:
    http://www.action-figures.ca/power_lords.htm

I wish you good luck with trying to acquire some of these, especially the later released. Quite pricey now! I've been wanting Volcan Rock and the Beast Machines (especially Savor) for quite some time now, but everytime they show up online they got for pretty high prices.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

2013 is going to be pushing it...

Maybe because it's a smaller scale they can turn um out quicker?

Just saying if they are doing tooling "in the next few weeks" & a "preview waver for SDCC 2013" it goes to show how FAST this process really can go when left in the hands of the 4H!

Yet another reasson to love them!!

I recently got the Powership and Trigore MIB. Then I got Adam, Shaya, Sydot, Arkus and Ggripptogg MOC. I think that'll be it though for the vintage line for me. Everything else gets a bit too nutty price-wise for me.

----

I reviewed the Power Ship! Here is my review if anyone wants to check it out. More coming up:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I wish you good luck with trying to acquire some of these, especially the later released. Quite pricey now! I've been wanting Volcan Rock and the Beast Machines (especially Savor) for quite some time now, but everytime they show up online they got for pretty high prices.
    I had completely forgotten about the beast machines being part of the line; never saw hide nor hair of those back when the stuff was out. They don't really seem to go with the line at all, in either style or scale, is likely the reason. Still, wouldn't mind seeing the Horsemen's take on them if they get around to doing them.

I could live without the Beast Machines, to be frank. If they make them, I would get them, but they just seem like such a departure in look to the rest of the line I am just not that into them.

Another review is up, now. This time for Shaya:

and Arkus!

Okay, it's all Pixel Dan's fault. After he mentioned the Beast Machines, I just checked on e-bay for kicks and saw one of them up from a British auction for Evol, and the price wasn't outrageous, so I got it. I've now got him in the center of the display I set up for the Horsemen figures when they come out. The thing is a lot cooler than I thought it would be, and I think it will make a nice centerpiece for the new figures (he's huge compared to the 4" scale they are supposed to be in, but he was never really in scale with the originals, either).

So I have a really cool new/old figure I didn't even know I wanted, and it's all Dan's fault!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    So I have a really cool new/old figure I didn't even know I wanted, and it's all Dan's fault!
    I seem to get that a lot.

That's great you got one for a decent price! I still haven't picked any up. In face, I'm still trying to get the basic Power Lords figures for decent prices.

It's awesome to see videos on these guys, JonWes! I can't believe you've got these in such great shape and with packages! It seems like the packaged ones that show up on Ebay are always pretty expensive.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I seem to get that a lot.
    Yeah, I've noticed that; all those reviews showing all those goodies makes you an easy target. Seriousyl, you reminding of the Besties and then going on the bay and finding one right off was pure serendipity. I owe ya one!

It's awesome to see videos on these guys, JonWes! I can't believe you've got these in such great shape and with packages! It seems like the packaged ones that show up on Ebay are always pretty expensive.
    It is great seeing both the figures and the packages. The only PL package I still have is from the playset; I kept the big boxes like that and Grayskull to use as storage boxes (good excuse not to toss them out). JonWes, you really bring back some fond memories of those great days in the 80's; thanks!

Replikor did a custom figure, I KNEW I saw the concept when I was a kid but couldn't figure out where...until this beast machines mention!!! It's been a bee in my bonnet!! Thanks guys!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure