Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4H revive Power Lords Toyline

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just saw some of the new Power Lords pictures at figures.com, and I am majorly impressed. The articulation is great for the figures, and I am actually stoked for the Ggriptogg variants (your getting multiple members of his race rather than just color variants of him) and the Power Sentries. I know they have to do this to extend the molds to more figures to make it financially viable, but I think it really works well here, fleshing out what could be a pretty limited roster of characters. Sydot's figure is now being shown, and he is a major home run; he turned out very well, with lots of detail for that scaled figure. PL was always an eclectic line I liked, but never on par with some of the bigger properties. I have to say, though, that this is one of the lines I'm really looking forward to in the upcoming months. The Fab Four really ran away with this one between the excellent sculpts, full articulation, and variants that I actually want as much as the regular versions.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yep, I love everything! I'm all in!

I'm very excited for this line too, it's nice to see Sydot (which was the only figure my brothers & I had as a kid), but I am so collecting the line this time around!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Just watched one of Dan's videos, this one getting up close with the figures at SDCC. The detail is just amazing; all the little folds in Sydot's suit, especially where it laps over the belt, fall so naturally. It's a case where they could have just put a few lines here and there at a joint, but this looks like he really is wearing a slightly ill-fitting jumpsuit. And the way Adam in powered up mode is done, with the hair being swept up and back by the energy he's emanating, and the veins and gouges in the skin make it look like someone almost ready to burst with power. Even regular Adam has a great face sculpt with some personality to it. They just pulled everything together so perfectly for this line that I would have a hard time passing on it if I wanted to (which I definitely don't). I REALLY hope this goes over well, and I think it can just based on the quality of the figures themselves, even if folks never even heard of Power Lords before.

Between this line and the Outer Space Men, I'm going to be spending a good deal of money at Store Horsemen next year.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

You and me both! Can't wait to sign up for the Collector's club and see what exclusive they have at PowerCon!

Same here, I am all in on this line! I almost bought all 6 prototypes last week but changed my mind (or came to my senses) and decided to just hold that money till PowerCon
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's the video!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

How, when, and where will we be able to order this line?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Everything is supposed to launch at PowerCon.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Everything is supposed to launch at PowerCon.
    And I would assume after that the line will be available at Store Horsemen (their online store)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    And I would assume after that the line will be available at Store Horsemen (their online store)
    Thanks gents. Has any pricing been published/announced just yet?

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    Thanks gents. Has any pricing been published/announced just yet?
    Nope we only saw the 2ups at SDCC and the protos were $90-110. If I had to guess they will in the higher ranger of that scale since they being made on a lower production run without retail support so probably $18-25 ea (Mass Market 4" figures are $10-12 now)

Nope we only saw the 2ups at SDCC and the protos were $90-110. If I had to guess they will in the higher ranger of that scale since they being made on a lower production run without retail support so probably $18-25 ea (Mass Market 4" figures are $10-12 now)
    Is there any way you'd be able to get a shipment for your store, Mark or is it strictly a 4H thing? Not sure how all that works.

As far as I know it's strictly a 4H store thing, I would love to carry the line if it was available

I'm really excited for these, they look awesome! Hoping to see Arkus and Kayla soon!

But these are a very good example of how to make a higher price tag palatable. I can look at the articulation and detail in these figures and say, "This is worth the price."

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I didn't pay much attention to this new Power Lords line...because I never heard of them. However, I was checking out the Four Horsemen's sites today and these guys are pretty awesome. The glyos parts on figures like this is VERY exciting to me! I really hope they make Shaya because she looks SO amazing! NEED her!

These figures are compatible with all G.I. Joe vehicles and Marvel Universe figures too, which is pretty cool! The details on these little guys is quite amazing, in my opinion. Better than many 6 inch lines!

All the Power Lords test shots the 4H were selling are sold out, which is very promising. More pics of them with figures from other toy lines here:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1131

I'm really curious about the price of these. I hope they're not too expensive, because I really like them!

ShesFantastic has a great blog post about Shaya with LOTS of pictures.

http://www.shesfantastic.com/2012/10...t-9-shaya.html

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 18, 2013 at 10:59pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    These figures are compatible with all G.I. Joe vehicles and Marvel Universe figures too, which is pretty cool! The details on these little guys is quite amazing, in my opinion. Better than many 6 inch lines!
    WHAT?? These are going to be 4" instead of like the original size?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Yes, they are going to be a smaller size.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Photo credit goes to Mindless-Focus on the October Toys forum for this pic showing the size. This is the Adam Power prototype alongside a GI Joe

Heroic Warrior
    I like some of these figures, not all characters from the original line were cool, but those two plus their variants are pretty sweet...

The Power Lords Fan Club is live, with three different levels you can subscribe at:
    http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/?p=897

TRIGORE LEVEL ($20.00, plus s&h):

- Power Lords mini poster/print created by fan favorite Nathan Baertch

- Power Lords logo sticker

- Power Lords Fan Club plastic, numbered membership card

- Subscription to the Power Lords Fan Club e-mail newsletter

- Priority Power Purchasing (access to purchase items 48 hours before the general public)

- Exclusive access to future Power Lords Fan Club incentives

POWER SHIP LEVEL ($60.00, plus s&h)

- Includes everything in the Trigore Level, plus…

- 10% discount on all Power Lords purchases through Store Horsemen

- Power Lords t-shirt with Ggripptogg image designed by fan favorite Nathan Baertsch

- Exclusive Power Lords Fan Club only Ggrabbtargg figure

VOLCAN ROCK LEVEL ($100.00, plus s&h)

Includes everything in the Trigore & Power Ship Levels, plus…

- Ultimate Edition Barlowe Tribute Ggripptogg figure signed by Power Lords designer & creator – Wayne Barlowe, and by the members of Four Horsemen Design

- Ggripptogg mini poster/print signed by Power Lords designer & creator – Wayne Barlowe, and by the members of Four Horsemen Design

Why is all the cool stuff coming out at once!!??

Power Lords, MOTUC+ CG, series 5 Walking Dead, minifigures...

I was trying to be good. So much for that plan!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Just saw some of the new Power Lords pictures at figures.com, and I am majorly impressed. The articulation is great for the figures, and I am actually stoked for the Ggriptogg variants (your getting multiple members of his race rather than just color variants of him) and the Power Sentries. I know they have to do this to extend the molds to more figures to make it financially viable, but I think it really works well here, fleshing out what could be a pretty limited roster of characters. Sydot's figure is now being shown, and he is a major home run; he turned out very well, with lots of detail for that scaled figure. PL was always an eclectic line I liked, but never on par with some of the bigger properties. I have to say, though, that this is one of the lines I'm really looking forward to in the upcoming months. The Fab Four really ran away with this one between the excellent sculpts, full articulation, and variants that I actually want as much as the regular versions.
    Thats what happens when the horsemen have free reign on a line.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I really love those Sydot variants they showed today. I'm down for all of them
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)