2 1.55%
  • Procrustus

2 1.55%
  • Granamyr

23 17.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite First Time Item of 2012

Favorite First Time Item of 2012

Another year has come and gone for MOTUC and 2012 saw a lot of first timers being immortalized in plastic.

We had brand new characters, concept characters, prototype characters, never before seen variants of old favorites and long awaited fan favorites finally show up in the line.

Out of all those that made it into plastic form for the first time, which was your favorite?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Has to be Shadow Weaver followed by Snake Men 2-pack.
    Now lets continue the first timers with like Eldor, Darius, Dactys, Calix, Scorpia, and Evilseed please
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Cy-Chop, followed by Draego Man, and Fearless Photog.

I know Granamyr looks cool, and I don't have him yet....not even a notice....but I have to go with Draego....

I buy what I like, if I don't like it, it stays right where it belongs....far away from my collection....and I own or will own with Granny, only 8 off that list....

Shadow Weaver, Draego, CGm, Randor, Granamyr, Sorceress, Horde Prime & SMAA. I would like to get Griffin....

I would only own Starla if the Star Sisters were individual figures....the rest of the figures from the list I didn't mention, to me....are just bad or unimpressive....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 21, 2012 at 06:27am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm going to say Draego Man...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    1. Dekker
    The Master of Arms must truly be a samurai/pirate/jedi being his "surprise" factor wins him all the awards from me. That and he's the element that rounds out the main crew of Masters that I didn't know I always needed.

2. 200X Duncan (SMAA)
    Great update to the main co-protagonist of the series. I love the "new" armor, and the great colors. But if we never got him, we'd still have regular MAA...

3. Castle Grayskullman
    The brand newest concept, the only reason he doesn't take 1st place is he's a very special occasion/circumstance kind of character.

Snappy Threader
    Eternos Palace King Randor for me. I have waited many years to get this version of the King.

I have to say Eternos Palace King Randor as well, I've always wanted this version and now the royal family is complete.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Shadow Weaver because i wanted for so long, but Draego-Man is awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Hard list of characters to choose just one! I'll say Granamyr for me.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Shadow Weaver....been waiting for 30 yrs on this one. Granamyr would be second. The rest were unnecessary to make.

was hard now i got her but i have to remember shadow weaver was my most wanted unlikely toy. so her.

but tallstar was right up there along with photog cy chop sir lazerlot ad horde prime not to mention vykron

basically im always excited by firsts

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Definitely Draego-Man. Could've easily gone with Griffin, though.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    so many in 2012.
    I long awaited the snake men army builder since I was a kid. the griffin was amazing. the 30th figures were good to have in the line as something completely new. I absolutely love Photog! Horde Prime was a nice surprise. Procrustus & Granamyr are a nice addition & a dream come true. what an amazing year. Vycrom, Star Sisters & SM@A too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Starla.

It is weird because I never had any strong love for Starla as a prototype vintage toy or even her prototype MOTUC figure when it was revealed in 2011. However, she's kind of a sleeper hit for me. Maybe becaue her colors catch my eye more than the others, I dunno.

Procrustus was my #2.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Nothing could beat Shadow Weaver. She has been long over due.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I chose Eternos Palace King Randor!
    I looked from a perspective of what I always wanted for many years so any new creations would not fit in that perspective.
    A true King Randor without the Battle Armor is what I wanted for a long time!
    Shadow Weaver would be my 2nd just because I didn't know about PoP earlier otherwise she would definably be the #1 favorite!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Granamyr might be one of my favorite figure in the line at all. I've been actually excited about getting this guy since they took the poll at SDCC a year ago, and waited like a little kid for him to come in the mail. Great, great figure.

After just getting Granamyr, now I have to say He is awesome, but since I can't put his tail on for display reasons (he sits too far out with it to sit anywhere but the floor) I still say Draego Man, but Granamyr is second, and I am going to get Griffin this month, since they miraculously have stock after the big sales of 2012 are over....so likely I will change my mind on something, because Griffin looks awesome in pics and reviews.

Draego beats Granamyr simply because of all that detail in a small package, for a 7" figure that dude is well sculpted and just powerful looking. Granamyr is a awesomely huge piece of plastic that is nicely done and well sculpted, the box is cool and everything.

My favorite 2012 figures (in no order) Draego-Man, Granamyr, Rattlor, Mekaneck, Frosta, SMAA (only because of the Duncan mustached head), DB Skeletor & likely Griffin once I get him.
    Of second favorite mention....TP He-Man, Horde Prime, EP Randor, Stinkor (smells too bad to keep uncarded) & TOD Sorceress (she just looks better proportioned than the original with the taller boots and articulated thighs).
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 10, 2013 at 10:43am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    For me, it's gotta be Spector! Love this concept, love the sculpt!
    Of course, he'll be even better when I'm done customizing him!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Shadow Weaver, just. I do love Starla.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Castle Grayskullman.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Procrustus. Toy of the year. Imagine how awesome it would have been for us as kids if he'd been released at the same time as the minicomic, towering over our five-inch figures. Drago-Man was also surprisingly great.

Fearless Photog! I love this guy and to finally have Mattel make good on their long-ago promise was a high point in the MOTUC line for me. This was another great year though, and every item brought a smile to my face!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    has to be Shadow Weaver, waited a long time for her
    Last edited by Nianotreve; February 6, 2013 at 09:21am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!