Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst movie you saw in theaters in 2012?

Not that I’m slamming anyone’s opinion, but there is an awful lot of hyperbole in this thread. No, Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises are not two of the worst films of all time. If some really do believe they’re two of the worst films of all time, your exposure to films is clearly limited to new releases at the cinema. Even then, calling them “abominations” is still pushing it, IMO.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Not that I’m slamming anyone’s opinion, but there is an awful lot of hyperbole in this thread. No, Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises are not two of the worst films of all time. If some really do believe they’re two of the worst films of all time, your exposure to films is clearly limited to new releases at the cinema. Even then, calling them “abominations” is still pushing it, IMO.
    Thank the gods someone else said it. I was going to, but then I would have gotten this spiel of, "Why are you always attacking our opinions?" crap. I agree that anyone that thinks TDKR or Prometheus are the worst movies have not seen anything really. In fact, no one can say TDKR was bad if they have seen Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, and most of all, that train wreck with Adam West in it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Silent Hill I believe.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

HD figures on youtube
    Gotta Say Dark Shadows.

Due to having 2 young children, I don''t get out much. The only movies I saw in the theaters this year were The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Hobbit. Out of those, The Amazing Spiderman was my least favorite. I prefered the geeky Peter Parker of the earlier franchise over the teenage angst Peter Parker of the new film. Granted that Spiderman 3 was a stinker, I still prefered the first 2 Spiderman films over this new one.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I should also add that Rock of Ages was pretty horrible, too. Catherine Zeta Jones needs a better agent. She was terrible in it.

Yea TDKR was the worst BM film this year and in the franchise...Warner get's too "cute" with their properties and let's other people change them or make them "real" news flash this is a movie about a comic book character NOT a real life person keep it out of the real world unless your going to do it RIGHT...

Nolan is starting to remind me of a younger Michael Bay where he thinks he knows it all......

actually I very rarely go to the cinema, it can actually be years between visits, as I actually don't like it and rarely think the price is worth it to see any movie just once. I also own and have watched hundreds if not thousands of different movies and even comparing it to such gems as house of the dead, santa vs the martians, batman and robin and other such movies I still think that by far the worst movie I have EVER seen bar none is Prometheus. There was not one moment in that train wreck of a movie that I thought was worth seeing. It was the most downright god awful stupid pile of puke filled crapfest that I have ever had the misfortune to waste any amount of money on.

Normally when I dislike a movie I can still find one or two positive things to say about them, like The Dark Knight, I hate that but I admit the action is good and Ledger did a great job as the Joker. But Prometheus was just a colossal waste of my money and I can't think of anything good to say about that crap.

so ya I still say it is the worst movie ever made and if some people want to disagree well then that is up to them
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I really liked Prometheus. I thought it was the best movie of the year.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Nolan is starting to remind me of a younger Michael Bay where he thinks he knows it all......
    Uh... Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, The Dark Knight Rises, and Inception. Sorry, but all of those are excellent movies and far better than anything Michael Bay has ever concocted. I think Nolan DOES know what he is doing.

BTW, I still think anyone that absolutely hated Prometheus just did not understand it. It flew right over their heads.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Uh... Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, The Dark Knight Rises, and Inception. Sorry, but all of those are excellent movies and far better than anything Michael Bay has ever concocted. I think Nolan DOES know what he is doing.
    One person's opinion only thank god!

He is like Bay when he wants to change something thing that shouldn't...He had a hand in making the Tumbler in Batman as the Batmobile??? C'Mon really?

This is why DC will be second fiddle to Marvel when it comes to movies they had the edge back in the day but now they are totally dropping the ball...And if they make a JLA movie they should re-cast Batman because Bale was horrible...and NOT believable.....................

One person's opinion only thank god!

He is like Bay when he wants to change something thing that shouldn't...He had a hand in making the Tumbler in Batman as the Batmobile??? C'Mon really?
    While I was not a fan of the Tumbler, it worked and it made far more sense than a Porsche or Oldsmobile when it comes to realism.

This is why DC will be second fiddle to Marvel when it comes to movies they had the edge back in the day but now they are totally dropping the ball...And if they make a JLA movie they should re-cast Batman because Bale was horrible...and NOT believable.....................
    Except The Dark Knight IS the greatest comic book movie ever and will never be topped.

Bale was believable as he was both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Keaton was a good Batman but his Bruce sucked. Kilmer was a good Bruce but his Batman was awful. West and Clooney were just worthless crapshoots who got the job for being in the right place at the right time. They were neither Bruce or Batman. In fact, both were perfect for Batmite.

Nevertheless, this is not the topic to discuss this.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; December 25, 2012 at 07:01pm.

It gets said every year in these. The first reminder is worst you saw in the theatre. I don't think I went to the Theatre this year but will be going this Thursday to see the Hobbit. Based on the criteria worst movie you saw in theatres it would qualify, along with best no matter how much I will like it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw Birdemic in a theater this year, so that trumps just about everything. That movie was so bad I think they actually made it so someone would do an MST3K or Rifftracks commentary on it. If I give credit to the Rifftracks audio that came with it (which couldn't fully redeem the badness of the movie--it was that bad), then I'd have to say the worst movie I saw in a theater was Snow White and the Huntsman. Yeah, Dark Shadows was bad too, but I expected a lot better from the Snow White movie than the 1 expression of Kristen Stewart, a wasted screaming Charlize Theron, watered down Thor, and a soulless action movie finale that made Willow look like Raiders of the Lost Ark. I loved movies like Spider-Man, John Carter, and Prometheus though, so I'm sorry to see anyone disliked them enough to name them "worst."
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I know Dark Knight Rises has some flaws in it, but I really liked it. Same with Prometheus. People have different tastes. That is really what it all boils down to.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I know Dark Knight Rises has some flaws in it, but I really liked it. Same with Prometheus. People have different tastes. That is really what it all boils down to.
    Actually Prometheus was better than DKR I saw them both at least Ridley Scott was directing this film since he also did the original...Wasn't great but not horrible

See when it comes to movies based off of video games,books or comics they are going to be people that actually love them or hate them.If you love them and see them as being great fine but do it because you like the film not the actor,director or character...Amazing Spider-Man was WAY better than Spider-Man 3 because it didn't seemed forced.I love the Batman character but felt like these last three movies were not great (Except for TDK) mainly because Of Heath Ledger...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well, Batman Begins Trilogy was a REALISTIC take on the franchise.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Well, I don't get out much so the best movie and the worst that I saw were the same. And I didn't dislike it so...
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Heroic Warrior
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was the worst of the movies I've seen this year. It was more campy than the first one.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Heroic Warrior
    Wasn't crazy for Dark Shadows (and this is coming from a Tim Burton fan).

a Muppet of a man...
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was probably the worst film I saw in a theater this year. I didn't expect greatness, but... wow... terrible film.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well, Batman Begins Trilogy was a REALISTIC take on the franchise.
    Sorry doesn't work for a COMIC BOOK film...Look at Avengers are any of those characters realistic??? No they work because they are cool characters and it's what people want...Not someone "Changing" the characters.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was probably the worst film I saw in a theater this year. I didn't expect greatness, but... wow... terrible film.
    I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Amazing Spiderman was worst for me.....it was ok but my least favorite.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    The Dictator

It was somewhat funny, but mostly tasteless. Sacha Baron Cohen's HBO episodes were much better than his movies.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Amen sir. Knee jerk hyperbole is the internet's best friend! I only saw two films last year, Dredd & Prometheus and considered both to be excellent. People who claim Prometheus is "the worsest filum ever" should go and rent a few more movies. It's alright saying folk "are entitled to an opinion" but that isn't strictly true: People are entitled to an 'informed opinion'... Rent a copy of "Burial Ground: Nights of Terror" and then tell me what the "worst film ever" is...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)