Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best movie of 2012?

Ugh. John Carter being included in a list with Battlefield Earth, Batman and Robin, and Dark of the Moon is a crime against good taste!

So far the movies from this year that I think are going to be long-term loves for me are Brave, The Hobbit, Avengers, Secret World of Arietty, Skyfall, John Carter, Cabin in the Woods, Spider-Man, Prometheus, Rise of the Guardians, and possibly the Dark Knight Returns (I'm kind of apathetic to it since the franchise is already going to be rebooted and as a take on the end of Batman's career I don't like it), but I haven't seen Hitchcock and a lot of others yet. Of the ones I did see I think I love the Hobbit most, but it's also the last one I saw so that's unfair.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Frankenweenie
    Wreck-it Ralph (reminded me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)
    Secret World of Arrietty (first Studio Ghibli film I ever saw in theaters and enjoyed it. When the local autism group was suggesting movies for the monthly day at the movies, I told them to have the kids see this movie. Everyone loved it.)

Can't say anything about The Hobbit because I haven't seen it yet (gonna see it with my dad after the holidays).

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Considering Avengers is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time I'd go with that.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Watch Batman & Robin, Dark Shadows, John Carter, Battlefield Earth, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, Rise of Cobra, etc, and you will see that TDKR is not even close to being the worst movie of all time. Not even remotely!!!
    Dr. Kain, there is no way you can lump in John Carter with that other garbage. John Carter was an amazing movie with a solid story, good acting, and unbelievable special effects. I don't really think you even saw it, or if you did, you weren't paying attention.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Avengers... Just cause I am a big Marvel Fan... But Bats made me cry! Freaking Alfred crying in Bruce's grave! Lol... Yes I cried in that part!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    you weren't paying attention.
    You're right, I wasn't paying attention because I was bored out of my mind. Every scene was either too over the top, bland, or was something I had seen done before. In fact, I felt like I was rewatching Attack of the Clones most of the time because that is exactly what it felt like it ripped off. The only part of the movie I enjoyed was when John and Mark Strong's character were walking around the city and he was telling John how life works on Mars.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have a favorite for the year but of the movies I saw and liked they are...
    Wreck it Ralph
    Paranorman
    American Reunion
    Prometheus
    Brave
    Hotel Transylvania
    Avengers
    Frankenweenie
    Underworld Awakening
    The Hobbit
    Rise of the Guardians
    Dark Shadows
    Amazing Spiderman
    Dark Knight Rises
    Mirror Mirror
    John Carter
    Lorax
    Three Stooges
    Journey 2 The Mysterious Island
    Men in Black III
    Madagascar 3
    Ice Age Continental Drift
    Resident Evil Retribution
    Expendables 2
    Rock of Ages

Heroic Warrior
    I completely forgot the Lorax (I thought it was going to be stupid, but it turned out to be good)

Heroic Warrior
    You're right, I wasn't paying attention because I was bored out of my mind. Every scene was either too over the top, bland, or was something I had seen done before. In fact, I felt like I was rewatching Attack of the Clones most of the time because that is exactly what it felt like it ripped off. The only part of the movie I enjoyed was when John and Mark Strong's character were walking around the city and he was telling John how life works on Mars.
    Well, since Edgar Rice Burroughs began writing the John Carter books in 1912, 100 YEARS AGO, just about all sci-fi from then on stole from Burroughs' Carter books, and George Lucas, James Cameron, Ray Bradbury, Steven Spielberg, Carl Sagan, etc., etc. were inspired by those books. In fact, many elements from Star Wars are copied straight from John Carter. So, it was Lucas that ripped off John Carter, not the other way around. The only reason it seems that John Carter copied other movies is because, only now, technology has reached the point where John Carter could have gotten the proper cinematic treatment it deserved.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

I understand he wrote them 100 years ago, but that isn't my fault that the movie was boring. Lucas may have ripped off Carter, but who did it in movie form first? Lucas! And I saw Lucas' movies first, as such, it is Carter who ripped off Star Wars. I don't care which actually came out first, as a boring movie is still a boring movie.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Avengers!!!

It was by far the best movie out there; action packed fun and even with the various faults, it just was what nothing else in theaters was... the first of something we have waited for all our lives!

The Hobbit is the STRONG Second!!!

Les Mis may be a great film but nothing beats it in Live Theater!
    D'Jango I'm sure will be good... real good.
    TDKR: now Avengers had some holes, but TDKR really had Swiss cheese size ones, though I still ENJOYED it!
    I liked John Carter, but sadly this movie was made for profit more than love of the property...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    I understand he wrote them 100 years ago, but that isn't my fault that the movie was boring. Lucas may have ripped off Carter, but who did it in movie form first? Lucas! And I saw Lucas' movies first, as such, it is Carter who ripped off Star Wars. I don't care which actually came out first, as a boring movie is still a boring movie.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion-wrong as it may be.

Avengers or Prometheus...everything else was meh for me..

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    For me Id have to say Avengers and Wreck It Ralph
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    Avengers or Prometheus...everything else was meh for me..
    You didn't like Skyfall?

Master of New Adventures!
    McDonald's is one of the highest grossing restaurants of all time. That doesn't make their food superb.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Considering Avengers is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time I'd go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    For me Id have to say Avengers and Wreck It Ralph
    Oh yes, I forgot...Wreck it Ralph was phenomenal!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    McDonald's is one of the highest grossing restaurants of all time. That doesn't make their food superb.
    Good one! Zing!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    No but the McRib does

I'd say best films I saw this year were Avengers, Wreck it Ralph, the Hobbit, John Carter, and Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    I'm going to say Breaking Dawn Part 2, and then hide from everyone.
    That's right. Run, and hide, Ryan Seacrest.

The 'Twilight' movies make alot of money, That doesn't mean they're any good.

Last edited by mbaker; December 29, 2012 at 09:50am.

I disagree, as I will go to McD's over any other fast food place sans breakfast food. You don't go to McD's for healthy food, you go there because you want something quick and easy.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Hobbit is tied with Avengers!

The Hobbit
    Avengers
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Paranormal Activity 4
    Amazing Spider-Man

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The Hobbit I would have said Avengers a month ago, but after seeing the Hobbit--that's the best one of the year for me

Dark Shadows, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and Rise of Cobra were all far superior to TDKR
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Master of New Adventures!
    Hey, He-Dad, check out the product description for the McRib and tell me you still feel the same way. Not a fan of tripe and heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McRib

And Dr. Kain, your alluding to "quick and easy" makes me think about the Guillotine.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    No but the McRib does

I'd say best films I saw this year were Avengers, Wreck it Ralph, the Hobbit, John Carter, and Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    No but the McRib does

Hey, He-Dad, check out the product description for the McRib and tell me you still feel the same way. Not a fan of tripe and heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McRib

And Dr. Kain, your alluding to "quick and easy" makes me think about the Guillotine.
    I love the McRib, but don't want to know what it is made of. I learned long ago to NEVER question the food you eat or you won't eat anything that you don't personally grow in your own garden. lol.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.