Thread: Memories of the Christmas Special

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Who remembers seeing the Christmas Special when it first aired?

I do, i was 4 years old when i taped the christmas special after reading about it in TV guide and was one of my fave Christmas specials growing up.

Funny to see Skeletor smile.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I do. I recorded it on VHS when it aired and watched it with my youngest sister a bunch of times.

I think it was the first time I saw Snout Spout because I remember when I saw him, I got excited and said "What the heck?!" From that day on, anytime my baby sis saw Snout Spout she'd point and excitedly say "What the heck! What the heck!" She must have thought "what the heck" was his name.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I remember it! I believe it premiered during the night on a Saturday (maybe 6PM or 7PM). We were visiting my grandmother's house, and my sister and I couldn't believe Skeletor turned "good" at the end. It was all we talked about on the drive home. That episode kinda changed how we viewed Skeletor when we played. That, along with the big grin on the Skeletor toy, led him to sorta being a good bad guy for us. Only Hordak was the fully evil leader henceforth.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I saw it in the UK when it aired for the first time, in fact we had not long purchased our first VCR and it was one of the first shows we ever recorded. I still have the videotape! I was always annoyed that my Mum hadn't set it properly and my copy begins with He-Man grappling with the arms on the Collector.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    We had to get it taped by someone who had cable or satellite, since we weren't sure if it would show on the channels we got. So we have a copy from Black Friday of 1985, aired on KSMP-9 out of Minneapolis/St. Paul, although I didn't get to see it until a few days later. I just converted it to DVD last week.

I remember seeing it, remember it was on at night, but can't recall if it was the weekend or how I learned about it or whatnot. I'm assuming there must have been commercials for it because I do recall anticipating it (in other words I wasn't randomly flipping channels and finding it by surprise). I was very excited that it spent an equal amount of time on Eternia and Etheria, but I really hated those two children and Orko going to earth by accident. But then, I guess if none of that had happened, there wouldn't have been a story to tell...

Memories of the Christmas Special

Hey Guys,

Just watched the Christmas special with my seven year old nephew, he loved it! What are you favorite memories about it. One thing that always bothered me, I used to think it was crap that the Sorceress wasn't in the movie, they couldn't invite her to the party?...Lame.

I think I watched it once when it originally aired, so not much for childhood memories. It didn't get a yearly network run like Rudolph. I liked seeing some of the appearances of minor toy characters. I own both the DVD sets.

Xmas Special aired for the first time in Brazil in Xmas Day, 1985.

Two scenes were impressive for my ten years old eyes:

-- first, the battle in which He-Man used the (never seen before) Laser-Bolt vehicle and Skeletor's minions were Spikor, Two Bad, Webstor...and Rattlor ?!

Laser Bolt.jpg

snakemen7.jpg

-- Second, the end scene where most of the Heroic Warriors are shown in an amazing celebration. I think only Sorceress and Roboto were not invited...

I was passing thru the threads and saw this and laughed out loud! Last night when I got home from work, I saw my dad knocked out on the sofa watching would you know... THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL! Coincidence? Too much, cause earlier during the day while at work I was listening to the Council of the First Ones podcast which was a Christmas episode! Believe that!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Who else thinks the Monstroids could take on the Transformers in a fight? and did you know Lana Beeson who voiced Elisha also voiced Twinkle in Filmation's Pinocchio and The Emperor of the Night?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.