Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10, bottom 5 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Why ask people what their bottom 5 are? I'm sure the 4H love loading the page to see that.
    I'm sure they are big enough boys to accept some constructive criticism.

Top 10:

1. Spikor
    2. Cy-Chop
    3. Kobra Khan
    4. Frosta
    5. Stinkor
    6. Mosquitor
    7. Fearless Photog
    8. Rattlor
    9. Mekanek
    10. Draego Man

Bottom 5:

1. The Mighty Spector
    2. Vykron
    3. Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    4. King Randor burger king edition
    5. Dekker (BORING character)

Heroic Warrior
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Draego-Man
    3. Sorceress (in spite of everything)
    4. Mekaneck
    5. Rattlor
    6. Castle Grayskullman
    7. Slush Head
    8. EP King Randor
    9. Kobra Khan
    10. Tallstar

Worst:
    1. Frosta (and I wanted it so badly to not be her)
    2. Vykron
    3. Dekker
    4. Sir Laser Lot
    5. TMS
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; December 24, 2012 at 08:23pm.

Highs
    1. Granamyr
    2. Fisto
    3. Procrustus
    4. Spikor
    5. Draego-Man
    6. Sorceress
    7. Shadow Weaver
    8. Mekaneck
    9. Cy-Chop
    10. Griffin

Lows (but still good)
    1. Mighty Spector
    2. Jewellstar (cannot transform into jewell)
    3. Vykron
    4. Dekker (I like him but someone has to make the list in what has been an exceptional year)
    5. Sir Laser-Lot (I would like him much better if he didn't have that bit of techno above his left ear)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I often wonder if TG had come up with the concept for Draego Man if it would be as hated as Spector is.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecore View Post
    I often wonder if TG had come up with the concept for Draego Man if it would be as hated as Spector is.
    If Scott came up with Dreago, he'd likely look like the GEICO Gekko with wings, so in short yes....And he would still have a spade somewhere.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Top 10:

1) Shadow Weaver It will be hard to ever top this figure, Octavia may come close.
    2) The Sorceress Mattel may have dropped the ball on the wing drums but the rest of the figure looks amazing.
    3) TOD Sorceress If not for that fact that I love the Filmation look of The Sorceress more this would be 2nd, with the better hip articulation.
    4) Jewelstar I love this figure, I don't get what these guys have against her, yeah she's pink but she is so unique with the jewel armor.
    5) Starla Lacks some articulation but still a nice figure.
    6) Kobra Kahn A figure that turned out great and I love Pixel.
    7) Fisto A nice looking figure, not a fan of the 200x sword.
    8) Darego-Man The best 30th Ann. figure and a great figure in general.
    9) Frosta If not for the "gray" white she would be in the top 5, I love the character and the sculpt.
    10) Granamyr I only put him in the 10 spot as I have yet to get him in hand, but from the photos and prototypes I know he's top 10

Bottom 5

1) Mighty Spector The worse figure in the whole line.
    2) Snake Man at Arms A wasted spot with so little new tooling and "wow" factor.
    3) Cy-Chop Just not a fan of the design.
    4) Thunder Punch He-Man/Dragon Blaster Skeletor Figures look ok, I just personally don't like variants.
    5) Horde Prime Not a fan of the character and the figure it a little blah to me.
    I forgot all about Vykron, that goes to show you how bad he is, totally forgettable.

New Bottom 5

Mighty Spector
    Vykron
    Snake Man at Arms
    Cy-Chop
    Horde Prime
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    POST 16000!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dr thunder View Post
    I'm sure they are big enough boys to accept some constructive criticism.
    Some people's bottom five are due to disliking the characters or the era that those characters come from, rather than anything the 4H did.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I forgot all about Vykron, that goes to show you how bad he is, totally forgettable.

New Bottom 5

Mighty Spector
    Vykron
    Snake Man at Arms
    Cy-Chop
    Horde Prime
    Ouch....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    [B][SIZE=7][CENTER]Some people's bottom five are due to disliking the characters or the era that those characters come from, rather than anything the 4H did.
    That would be my thought as well.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Highs of MOTUC 2012

1. Granamyr
    2. Shadow Weaver
    3. Procrustus
    4. Spikor
    5. Slush-Head
    6. Sorceress
    7. Rattlor
    8. Mekaneck
    9. Frosta
    10. Eternos Randor

Lows

1. Castle Grayskull Man
    2. Star Sisters
    3. Vykron
    4. Dekker
    5. The entire 30th Anniversary line
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 26, 2012 at 02:09am.

1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Thunder Punch He-Man
    3. Kobra Khan
    4. Procrustus
    5. Fisto
    6. Slushhead
    7. Mosquitor
    8. Rattlor
    9. King Randor
    10. TIE: Star Sisters & Griffin

I didn't count Demo-Man or BG Evil-Lyn. Also, haven't gotten Granamyr yet so did not include him.

I have no interest in naming a bottom five.
    Last edited by Swifty; December 26, 2012 at 04:29pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Top 10:

1. Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    2. Fisto
    3. Procrustus
    4. Granamyr
    5. Draego-Man
    6. Spikor
    7. Yellow Snake Warrior
    8. Thunder Punch He-Man
    9. Shadow Weaver
    10. Mosquitor

Bottom 5:

1. The Mighty Spector
    2. Cy-Chop
    3. Fearless Photog
    4. Vykron
    5. Frosta

(I didn't count Demo-Man or BG Evil-Lyn for this year)
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

1 Procrustus
    2 Draego-Man
    3 Fearless Photog
    4 Spikor
    5 Slush-Head
    6 Fisto
    7 Granamyr
    8 Rattlor
    9 dragon Blastor Skeletor
    10 Stinkor

Bottom

1 Mighty Spector
    2 Vykron
    3 Filmation Randor
    4 Dekker
    5 Cy-Chop

In no particular order:

1. Spikor
    2. Draego-Man
    3. Fisto
    4. CG Man
    5. Kobra Kahn
    6. Mosquitor
    7. Fearless Photog
    8. Rattlor
    9. Mekanek
    10. Procrustus (tremendous in person)

Bottom 5:

1. Star Sisters
    2. Stinkor (breaks my heart to do this but I have to be fair- they cut way too many corners on him)
    3. Griffin
    4. Spector
    5. Dekker

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    For all you voting on BG Evil-Lyn, she was not a 2012 character. She was the 4th quarter variant for 2011.
    Yeah, I guess I started that in this thread because last year Demoman and BG Evil-Lyn were left off of most votes for best of 2011. There was some talk about leaving December 2012 figures off if the 2012 polls but it seems that most fans are getting them in a timely manner despite the predicted delays.

I'm curious as to why I'm seeing so many Dekkers and Griffins in the bottom 5: Do people really not like these figures or is it just because they are 200x?

Most of the top picks are pretty expected. Cool to see Procrustus getting so much love. I think Mattel did a smashing job on him and he suceeds by his design alone.

Always interesting to see how someone's bottom picks are in another fan's top picks. I'd love if folks explained a little more about why they ranked certain figures so high or so low beyond just "I like xyz, I hate xyz."
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

My personal List of 2012 and as asked in the first post, iīm giving as much explanation as i think fit

1. Shadow Weaver She is simply what i wanted for many many years. She totally fit the "What you waited for, for 30 years" slogan. And she turned out to be amazing. No quality issue, very well thought trough. Thatīs how it should be with MOTUC for every figure.
    2. Kobra Khan Nice new tooling, two heads, very close to vintage but still 200X and FILMATION references. What more can i ask for!?
    3. Draego Man I honestly didnīt like him the first time i saw him and his amazing design and the ideas the Four Horsemen had for him won me over completely.
    4. Snake man 1 Iīm a snake men fan, the body colors on the final figures came out to similar but thatīs a minor issue.
    5. Snake man 2 s.a.
    6. Rattlor He looks great and i simply like him, always had always will.
    7. TOD Sorceress First i thought: "WHY? Who needs a white Sorceress when we have the white/blue/orange one?" But now i know, i need her. She simply looks amazing and in transparent white those waaaaaay to big drums arenīt that obvious.
    8. Procrustus He has a great design and maybe he isnīt the most wanted mini comic character on my list(he never even been on my list...) but know iīm happy i have him.
    9. Slush HeadI always thought the NA designs could look amazing if you do them in the same scale as the vintage figures and MOTUC totally proves that!(Canīt wait for Galatic Protector He-Man and of course for MARA someday!)
    10. Frosta I was very disappointed when i saw the prototype. That face was awful and there were a lot details missing(especially on the boots...) but i liked her hair color. Than the final product showed up, her face still not as pretty as i wanted it but better but her hair had changed and the white on her outfit was grey. All that bothered me when the reviews appeared(more than i should but hey iīm a fan!!!!!!)....but as usual once in my hand iīm simply glad she got made(my boyfriend still thinks her face looks like a drag queens face and not a very pretty one... and i can only say....well, yesnomaybe.....*sigh*)

I simply didnīt get those figures or didnīt wanted them for different reasons:

1. Vykron Normally i like prototypes but those three are simply not my taste. Their heads are all weird looking to me and since there was no MOTU until than, they are not MOTU for me. Tanks with stars(G.I.Joe), Boba Fett goes Flash Gordon, or weird antenna hat on a warriors body....didnīt bought him but for those who wanted him(them) iīm happy that you got him. At least he was executed the way he was designed ....
    2. Palace Eternos King Randor Nice nostalgic, boring as a figure and so not thought through.
    3. Mighty Spector Okay figure but nothing special and not MOTU for me as well. Shoe horned and thanks to him we get a time issue problem and another war coming up...no thank you.
    4. Cy-Chop Soooo not my taste...
    5. Jewelstar I mentioned it before, she is actually my favorite Star Sister but her figure is awful. People waited manymany years for the Star Sisters, they were promised back in the 80ties. Were shown in catalogs, in a FILMATION episode so the fans new what they wanted and in the end we donīt get prototype versions we get children comic book poster drawings... why?

And in Jewelstars case, her prototype had at least a beautiful face but her final product face looks simply bad.
      She doesnīt deserve to be in the bottom five but she absolutely belongs here. Sad but simply the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17
    I'm curious as to why I'm seeing so many Dekkers and Griffins in the bottom 5: Do people really not like these figures or is it just because they are 200x?
    I like Dekker a lot, but would rather have had Prahvus, Dactys, Veena, or Evilseed. (actually, I wish that slot had gone to someone like Double Trouble, Hydron, Mara, Sea Hawk, Sweet Bee, or Peekablue - but if it had to be 200X, then Dekker wouldn't have been super high on my list).

The Griffin I just don't care for as much as any of the other sub items for 2012. Part if it is that the body feels too small. But the real reason is that the technical aspects of the toy don't function as I'd like. The wings pop off (the sockets have tabs that arrive broken), and the cat body, while absolutely wonderful to look at, is a bit too over-articulated for my taste. The saddle also doesn't seem to fit correctly.

It's a great toy... To be honest, none of the MOTUC toys are actually "bad," but Five had to be chosen.

For those putting Frosta in the bottom five, is it because:

1) you just dislike the character / figure

Or

2) you loved the 4H prototype, and she'd likely have been among the top five, but because her paint scheme was basically ruined by Mattel / factory (gray, darker blue hair, missing paint app from back of bodice), and her arms were reversed, you decided to put her in the bottom five?

It is important to say why. If you ARE a fan of the character, and females in the line in general, you must be vocal about this.

So far, 2013 looks like it will have a few less females than 2012. I find that boring... Especially since we have been waiting so long for quite a few of them.

Scott seems convinced that the MOTU fandom doesn't like the ladies... I don't buy that. Sure a couple of fans don't want them in the line, but many more DO.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 26, 2012 at 12:41pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I started that in this thread because last year Demoman and BG Evil-Lyn were left off of most votes for best of 2011. There was some talk about leaving December 2012 figures off if the 2012 polls but it seems that most fans are getting them in a timely manner despite the predicted delays.

Most of the top picks are pretty expected. Cool to see Procrustus getting so much love. I think Mattel did a smashing job on him and he suceeds by his design alone.

Always interesting to see how someone's bottom picks are in another fan's top picks. I'd love if folks explained a little more about why they ranked certain figures so high or so low beyond just "I like xyz, I hate xyz."
    I like Griffin, because he's cool, I don't like Dekker because he's lame. I am not a 200X fan by any means at all, I buy what I like....I had to pass on Griffin for financial reasons...bought 4 figures that month....but I plan to get him first chance I get (had actually hoped he'd surface at the BF/CM sale), but I can get him on BBTS later.

And as far as Dekker, too many are ******* on Frosta, while there are far worse figures in this line, figures that actually fell apart without touching them....figures that shed their paint in the package, or at least leaving some of it in the package (BLASTIC figure).....yet hey, because everyone's doing it, let's **** on Frosta. She is far from the worst figure to ever come out in MOTUC. Dekker to me was a wasted spot even for 200X, but that is my opinion, based on my dislike for 200X, not based on the fact that a hundred people are dissing him, so I figured I'd join in without even owning the figure....something I myself was at first guilty of for SMAA....but I bought him because of the mini comic, and since I bought him, he has become (minus the snake head that is) one I like a lot.

Only serious flaws....reversed forearms and she's not white enough, her secondary issues her hair color.... whoa, stop MOTUC production! Goddess' crotch exploded, Snout Spout actually rots....Spikor, DB Skeletor, Vykron & Snake Men (the worst for it, but not exclusive to) have paint flaking issues....that make them look just like trash plain and simple....let's have a Frosta hate fest....

I am not a POP fan by any means, again, I buy what I like, and I see Frosta for what she is, a beautiful sculpt with the misfortune of not being white enough for everyone....hmmm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    There`s a difference between watching them in the cartoon and wanting them as a figure. I like many characters from 200x but don`t want them as a figure.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I like Griffin, because he's cool, I don't like Dekker because he's lame.
    Ditto!

Dekker is just a boring figure, and still looks too anime for my liking. The Griffin is amazing, and has a vintage feel to me.

As for my list:

Top 10
    1. Draego-Man
    2. The Sorceress
    3. Fisto
    4. Mekaneck
    5. Stinkor
    6. Granamyr
    7. Mosquitor
    8. Frosta
    9. Spikor
    10. Temple of Darkness Sorceress

Bottom 5
    1. The Mighty Spector
    2. Sir Laser-Lot
    3. Vykron
    4. Cy-Chop
    5. Dekker

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Or

2) you loved the 4H prototype, and she'd likely have been among the top five, but because her paint scheme was basically ruined by Mattel / factory (gray, darker blue hair, missing paint app from back of bodice), and her arms were reversed, you decided to put her in the bottom five?
    Somewhere in between. I never cared for Filmation Frosta but the original 4H prototype made me like her a lot. Then the Mattel design team messed her up completely.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200X characters tend to rate lower because of a lack of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Or

It is important to say why. If you ARE a fan of the character, and females in the line in general, you must be vocal about this.
    Definitely #2 for me. Frosta is the Battleground Evil-Lyn for this year IMO -- the top disappointment. She should have blown us away like Adora, Catra and Netossa did.

So far, 2013 looks like it will have a few less females than 2012. I find that boring... Especially since we have been waiting so long for quite a few of them.

Scott seems convinced that the MOTU fandom doesn't like the ladies... I don't buy that. Sure a couple of fans don't want them in the line, but many more DO.
    I still think that POP ladies might be a slow day over at Mattel. I'm not too sure about the 4H though, as some POP characters they knocked out of the park. Maybe they were rushed through Frosta?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Court Magician
    Best:

10 Mekaneck
    9 CG Man
    8 Rattlor
    7 Kobra Kahn
    6 Frosta
    5 The Sorceress
    4 Stinkor
    3 Draego-Man
    2 Shadow Weaver
    1 Granamyr

Worst:

5 Vykron
    4 Sir Laser-Lot
    3 Fearless Photog
    2 Mighty Spector
    1 Star Sisters (The designs actually aren't as bad as the others on this list, but they get a certain special infamy for a high cost/low demand that seems to have driven large numbers of resellers and casual subscribers away from the 2013 sub.)

Snappy Threader
    Bottom 5

Cy-Chop
    Fearless Photog
    Jewelstar
    Horde Prime
    Sir Laser-Lot

Top 10

Fisto
    Tallstar
    Sorceress
    Shadow Weaver
    Stinkor
    Mighty Spector
    Mekaneck
    Rattlor
    King Randor
    Draego Man

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Top 10

1. Fisto
    2. Stinkor
    3. Fearless Photog
    4. BG Evil Lyn
    5. S M@A
    6. Snake Warriors
    7. Cy Chopp
    8. Griffin
    9. Slush Head
    10. Procrustus

Bottom 5

1. Jewlstar
    2. DB Skeletor
    3. Vykron
    4. Sir Lasor Lot
    5. Horde Prime
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor