Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: General MOTUC NA thread

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

PROTECTED: General MOTUC NA thread

Protected thread!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ub-Speculation

Permission given by He-Dad

We can use this thread a as place to discuss, brainstorm, and celebrate aspects of NA in MOTUC. This includes ideas about mini subs, potential exclusives, and inclusion in the Collector's Choice. This thread will give us a place to discuss these aspects without the thread getting bogged down by detractors.

A few notes on the rules of a protected thread:

1. No arguments. Protected threads are not open for debate or argument. These threads are for people to discuss a belief without fear of being attacked and/or challenged. If you want to continue to argue or discuss an opposing opinion, please visit the link at the top of the thread to participate in the previous debate-friendly discussion.

2. No "call outs." If you disagree with something that has been said in a Protected Thread, you can't call that person out into another thread to discuss/argue about it. Nor can you use that user's post against them in another thread. Protected threads are just that: protected, and so are the comments inside. If you disagree with the general topic and want to start your own thread to the contrary, then that's one thing. But Protected threads are not about fighting with individual users.

Thanks to He-Dad for approving this request
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Awesome idea. I love it.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

It's a shame that it had to come to this. Remove a couple of the haters that were in the other thread and it was a very productive thread.

That being said, NA needs to have a mini-sub and I firmly believe that it can fly. The 4H have been doing and excellent job on the NA figures I would love to see the rest come to life.

As a big NA fan, I'm so glad to see we have a safe-spot here on the ORG. Looking forward to seeing Crita again today, and maybe some more surprises!
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor, Crystal Castle, the Fright Zone.

I have started rewatching NEW ADVENTURES cartoon this last week and some of them are really good. the show has excellent music. if you can just overlook the horrible scientists and the some of the silly stuff for kids the show has some fun episodes.

I think that it suggests that NA does have some demand. I know NA is not the most popular faction, but I do think that not only is their support, but I believe that support is growing.

#1: Now that the vintage line and most of POP are done, there is less anxiety that some characters in those lines will never be made. With all of the sales tactics used in the past, there was always a general worry that the sub would fail and the line would end. Not to say that people do not worry now, but I don't think it is the same worry given the characters that we have left given that so many factions are complete.

#2: Many fans have some NA figures, and collectors often want to complete a faction.

#3: The figure designs have won a lot of people over. NA Skeletor had a lot of people excited when he was revealed (until design gave him "fat armor"). Mara has been praised as of late. People seem happy with Crita's prototype, and I have a feeling that people will be excited when Darious, Crita and hopefully Tuskador are shown tomorrow in various stages of production.

#4: People's attitudes can change, and they can be more accepting of a group. I remember seeing a lot of names show up in the "Post here when you bought a Club Etheria sub" thread that had been at one point vocal about not liking POP. I suspect that the same thing would happen with a NA sub.

I think a NA sub would make it, and it would be a great way to fill out the Galactic Protectors and the Mutants
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

The 4 Horseman can translate anything into an awesome figure. Any new NA figures released will blow people away. Just wait a few more hours for everyone's reaction to Tuskador.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

I fully support this and hope every single NA fan makes use of this thread to discuss what they love about this era.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    The 4 Horseman can translate anything into an awesome figure. Any new NA figures released will blow people away. Just wait a few more hours for everyone's reaction to Tuskador.
    Can't wait to see Tuskador! And would be thrilled for a NA sub. The NA figures have been awesome!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hopefully see some more NA today. I'd love a complete Galactic Guardian and Mutants line up in classics.

As much as I love and welcome as much NA as we can get, I'm not impressed with Tuskador. The horns look too big and clumsy. I'd have much preferred a more cartoon look for him.

So excited for Darius, he is my most wanted NA character. Wanted him for 25 years now!
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 14, 2016 at 07:25pm.

He's just amazing. Darius is looking great too. Looks like Crita didn't make it to New York?
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

I am wondering that as well. maybe we will get more info at the Mattel thing tonight. I was really hoping to see a production sample.

Darius does look fantastic! And I like Tuskador being a bigger size.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I am wondering that as well. maybe we will get more info at the Mattel thing tonight. I was really hoping to see a production sample.

Darius does look fantastic! And I like Tuskador being a bigger size.
    Tuskador's size is perfect! This gives me so much hope that we might someday see Sagitar!
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    Tuskador's size is perfect! This gives me so much hope that we might someday see Sagitar!
    Sagitar HAS to be on the radar for 2017. I can't imagine them not including him. He's the one NA figure that has the most crossover appeal and I hear a lot of non-NA fans talk about him.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Loving the look of Tuskador. The thing with the Galactic Protectors is that they are just (by and large) normal dudes, so taking design elements and showing a little liberty and really stretching the concept out like they have with him should really help them stand out on the shelf and add a whole new dimension to them as a group. Really glad they decided to go all out on him.

Darius also looks pretty great. His weapon looks a bit meh to me... and I hope he does come with a shield like we initially saw.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Hope we get an NA mini-sub sometime in the near future. Tuskador and Darius look great!! The 4H do an awesome job and I'm hoping for Master Sebrian and Sagitar (among many other NA figures) in 2017.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

The idea of this thread is great. Looking forward to reading it and occasionally posting.

I am so happy to have this thread. I've never watched the cartoon but I have certainly become a fan of NA figures in this line! I cannot wait for Sagitar, hoping he will show up next year. Tuskador is huge! I expected him to be but it's still surprising!

I'd love to see a NA mini-sub.

I started out only being interested in collecting the Evil Mutants, but the 4H have been doing such a fantastic job translating the characters into MOTUC figures I've changed my stance and have every NA figure made in MOTUC to date. It would be awesome to have them all.

Tuskador is a must have and I like the look of Darius as well and I'll be honest here it's only the bad guys I was wanting from NA.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    The Tuskador from Toy Fair looks amazing! Definitely want!

Master of New Adventures!
    I've died and gone to heaven. Even No-Ah is being nice!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I fully support this and hope every single NA fan makes use of this thread to discuss what they love about this era.

Good idea for a thread. Of any other faction, NA definitely needs a safe space the most.

Crita, Darius, and now Tuskador are making for one stellar 2016.

This faction is in desperate need of a mini sub, and even that won't get us totally caught up. Fortunately, the line still appears to be super healthy, and even at a rate of only 2-3 figures per year, I could easily see MOTUC enduring long enough to get a complete collection out there.

If nothing else, I have absolute faith that 2017 will happen. They won't let us NOT have Stridor.

Assuming 2017 plays out with the same sku count as 2016 has, I could see something like this happening:

Collector's Choice
    Kayo
    Lodar
    Lizorr
    200x King Miro
    Dylamug
    Hunga the Harpy
    Quakke
    Granita (Quarterly item, with rock pieces)
    Stridor (Quarterly item)

(With the exception of Kayo, all other characters appeared in the .org poll that the 2016 collector's choice characters were pulled from. The above are all that remain from that fan ranking and it makes sense to knock them out sooner or later. As for Kayo, TG didn't like him very much and I could see the new team slotting him for that reason alone. )

Club He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    Teela
    Sorceress
    Fisto
    Mer-Man
    Tri-Klops
    Tung Lashor
    Exclusive: Count Marzo

Out of Sub Vehicle:
    Attak Trak with Songster

Chase Figure
    Scrollos

SDCC
    Sagitar
    Last edited by bamf1980; February 14, 2016 at 09:36pm.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Looks like Crita didn't make it to New York?
    Maybe she got snatched and busted by the new line of Ghostbusters? Y'know, she's a space witch, y'know, so she must engage in some sort of paranormal activities, sooo... Who you gonna call?

- - - Updated - - -

OTOH, it seems like, after all the rumors and TG's "joking", and wishlist-making and wishful-thinking, and after all the infighting and rioting in the other thread, in the end there is actually NOT going to be a NA minisub for 2016...!?

So can we please get a bit hysterical now? Where is OUR MINISUB?! Matty needs to hear some wailing and gnashing of teeth!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog