Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisto - Re-released ?

Fisto - Re-released ?

Hello Gang,

I missed Fisto during his big release and am really curious if Matty would re-release him. For me it makes no sense not to since they already spent all the money on the tooling and molds. Also the fact that he is in heavy demand in the secondary market. I hate to spend $40+ dollars on him to find him on sale on Cyber-Monday for $15.99. I been following the line since the beginning and I can't image anyone starting to collect the line and not be able to get him. I know in the past we had a discussion about this for He-man when he was commanding top dollar and then he become an essential character, being available everyday.

Thanks,
    Jay

Every figure after man e faces only has one run of figures. Therefore fisto is totally gone. eBay or fellow orgers is the only way.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

no, i'm affraid not. mattel doesn't seem to want truely market this line, otherwise you'd be able to walk into walmart and pick up an assortment of figures at $10-$15 each. people would actually know this line exists and kids might actually be interested and help to keep it alive. any casualy shopper who may not regularly buy toys, and maybe didn't even know about this line might actually be able to start collecting now... instead, if you you weren't in from the start, there isn't much sense in starting now, and since a lot of people who were in from the start have dropped out... it kinda limits the ammount of support this line could have, because there isn't much point in jumping on now.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Sadly Man-E-Faces was the first to get the no more re-issue treatment....sucks because I know some figures no matter what Mattel says would sell if they did....Teela, Fisto, possibly Sorceress....especially if they did small runs. But third party sellers is the only way to go now....I don't know about Fisto, but I know Teela is demanding $60 - $80....if Fisto is as liked as everyone makes out....I'm sure he's up there too.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I got in mid 2011 and picked up all the previous figures on eBay and then was utterly disappointed to see most of them on the cyber Monday sale at reduced prices. I did sub up though and agree that the line will die soon because it is just too expensive for someone to start now and try to pick up the old figures at their crazy mark up prices on eBay - $70 for teela when she was $20 a year ago Black Friday is just silly.
    Re-issues are really needed for those characters and I hope the movie will make this feasible.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Mattel will not rerelease Fisto because they don't like to make money. They will whine and moan that a figure doesn't sell well, or that a figure costs too much to produce, but then they have a specific few figures that would make them money, and they would rather not do so.

Honestly though, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one online. I could barely sell off the MOC one I had for $40 a few months ago.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Fisto was a bit of a mystery actually...he was made, and a lot of people were getting a sorceress inside a "FISTO" box. What happened to all the FISTO figures that were supposed to be in those boxes? They never showed up in a different box as a packaging mix up...they had to go somewhere...???

I would think that Mattel does juggle the numbers a bit when they produce each figure...there is no way they order the same quantity of a FISTO or MAN-E-Faces as they would a Dekker. That would be inventory suicide. I think there have been some surprises about sales of figures, that Mattel didn't see coming - some like CGM selling REALLY well, and not having quite enough, and some like KING RANDOR of Eternos lasting a whole lot longer.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Part of me wishes Mattel had a 'Pay for Play' sort of setup when it comes to these figures. i.e. you pay for it first, then they make it and ship it to you, but you pay a small premium. This is not practical though, especially in a factory-production model. They would never start just producing individual pieces at a Chinese sweatshop, it's all about bulk orders and mass production.

However, maybe Mattel should have a goal such as with Castle Grayskull...if enough people pre-order the figure, it gets re-issued?

I wish we could make this line work or every individual collectors needs but alas it just isn't so. We tried two years of second runs and none of them performed well enough to keep this going. While there are some vocal fans online asking for certain figures to be rereleased, in reality when we actually offer second runs they don't sell well enough to justify the production. There just aren't enough customers to support second runs. It is math, not a lack of "wanting to make money" or please fans.

Here's a question I have about re-issues. Why were figures such as Marzo, Grizzlor, Buzz-Off, Carnivus, etc. re-released less than 1 year from their initial sale date while others such as Teela and older, more popular figures were not?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I wish we could make this line work or every individual collectors needs but alas it just isn't so. We tried two years of second runs and none of them performed well enough to keep this going. While there are some vocal fans online asking for certain figures to be rereleased, in reality when we actually offer second runs they don't sell well enough to justify the production. There just aren't enough customers to support second runs. It is math, not a lack of "wanting to make money" or please fans.

Heroic Warrior
    Scott, if I tried to run up a mountain blindfolded and backwards, and I kept falling and failed, would it be correct for me to say, "it just doesn't work - I cannot climb the mountain!!" while flailing my arms about making excuses, as it seems you often do about reissues, vehicles, etc.?

No, hopefully someone would suggest that perhaps I try again in a modified way. Perhaps remove the blindfold, or I don't know, run up the mountain face-forward. Or maybe take the nice tram that is right there.

That's what you sound like, Scott. "I just cannot climb up a mountain! It's impossible!" when you make a miscalculation, do not it succeed as hoped, or set up unrealistic expectations in the first place about performance. That's why statements such as above marr your credibility, because they always seem constructed to "CYA" to your bosses or deflect future criticism - "I didn't do it, it's not my fault" says the kid before the adults realize that there are cookies missing from the cookie jar.

I swear I could break my keyboard each time I hear, "We can't make them if fans won't buy them!" when you are talking about a product underperforming when there are clear reasons why. We have watched this line head towards death now because of these decisions - the fact it has lasted as long as it has is in spite of these constant blunders, and because of how committed fans of this franchise are. And we have watched people walk away - or not even start - because of mistakes like not having Teela and Sorceress and the others available except for $70-100 from third parties.

In October I sold off five Teelas for $60-70 each (I put them up for $5 less than the lowest I saw). Some may say that was wrong, but I had them, and I would have been silly to sell them forums less. They sold in a matter of hours for each one I put up. And yet you maintain that not enough people out there would buy her, it's just a "few fans", when I was selling her for so much more than retail and people were lining up and two even asked me if they could buy a second one at that price.

Scott, really - if your reply is going to be one of your stock phrases ("fans could save their pennies", "we can't make them if fans don't..."', "We cannot cater to every fan...") it's almost it worth it for you t do so because we have heard it all before. Just like when you put "fan demanded" in a character description, we know it's generally the opposite (I've searched - the supposedly "fan demanded" Fighting Foe Men have about .01% (almost incalculable) requests vs. any of the unmade vintage PoP, for example. Yet you have to "test" if PoP is popular enough with things like defective Frosta (again, "I cannot climb the mountain" and it's like - maybe if the figure wasn't defective out of the box, she would have sold better - not so much an indication of the PoP demand as a whole).

I will leave it at that - hopefully the mods will not delete this as I am being respectful, if critical, of your statements. But please don't think that the majority of us don't get what I have said above - we do. We put up with it to get these figures that we do want, but the saddest thing abrupt this line when all is said and done will be how it could have been even greater - dare say, magnificent - if only so much time was spent giving the line love, not giving fans who love MOTU the standard line.

Eternian Chronicles... The point that you, and many other fans, completely miss is that Mattel can not justify a second run any longer because they can not move the quantity required for production.

You can't say "Well Teela sells for $60-70 on eBay." In order to go back into production, Mattel would have to be able to produce/sell 1000s of one character figure. The demand is loud online, but the Mattel sales numbers have proved that it is not profitable for them to go back into production. I'm sorry, but that is business.

Also, this whole "the company owes me" mentality still bugs me these days. We COLLECT toys. The essence of collecting something is the search and acquire. You can't always find something during the initial offering and you have to acquire it off the secondary market at a premium price. Using the logic that some people use, I should start demanding that Mattel make me Vintage MOTU & POP figures MOC because I can't afford to buy them on eBay any longer. Come on Scott, where's my 1987 Spinnerella reissue you owe me?? /Sarcasm

The ONLY way that Mattel could possibly move that many figures is to capitalize on the MOC completist folks. They could repackage unsold figures in 2 or 3 packs and then be able to sell them off.
    If there is enough demand there, then they could then consider going back into production on older figures in the 2/3 pack format.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Mattel doesn't like to make money from a few very loud fans. It's like going back into production and making 5000 more Fisto figures when there are only 750 fans who really need one.
    Thank you Mega Gear! Quoted for mathematical sensibility!
    Last edited by Kowl; December 25, 2012 at 03:18pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I was a 2012 subscription holder, and I STILL didn't get the Fisto I was promised. Just a sad email telling me I wouldn't be charged for Fisto since they were all out of stock. So yeah, something bad happened with that run if even subscription holders didn't get the figure they were promised. Mattel should re-release Fisto. What is the point of buying into a subscription if you can't get all the figures you were promised?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Mattel will not rerelease Fisto because they don't like to make money. They will whine and moan that a figure doesn't sell well, or that a figure costs too much to produce, but then they have a specific few figures that would make them money, and they would rather not do so.

Honestly though, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one online. I could barely sell off the MOC one I had for $40 a few months ago.
    Mattel doesn't like to make money from a few very loud fans. It's like going back into production and making 5000 more Fisto figures when there are only 750 fans who really need one. This is why I keep questioning why Mattel doesn't advertise the line better and promote it to the outside world. Any line needs new blood to keep the line vital. Classics is pretty much running with the same fans who were here since 2008 (and some newer fans who discovered the line). Those new fans would purchase the older characters that everyone who has been collecting the line already has.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Mattel is in an odd place for many of us, but that shouldn't be read most of us. It is hard to get into this line at this point because the limited number of figures originally made. But that number isn't staggering to those who are still around and don't need extras of those figures, as witnessed by the Merman and Stratos freebies. And I have feeling the reason the market place isn't exactly flooded with them is, because of the devaluing that would go on with so many up at one time.

Sometimes the cost of figures isn't because they are that in demand, it's just some of those who want it are willing to pay whatever they can to get said item. I am one of those who would love to pick up a Teela, especially since she is the only figure I must have for my collection. Merman and Man-arms would be nice, as would be Beastman but not something I am hunting down (especially Beastman who isn't cheap either). I might actually pick up the Fighting Foe Men myself, I like two-thirds of the figures and think they would go well with Zodac, regardless of what the back of their cards say.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Widget
    It seems Disney has a good system for building demand for items that would otherwise sit around and take up space, release it then discontinue the item wait 7 years and then it comes out of the vault again. Has the idea of doing a pre-order for re-issues been explored yet? It worked for C.G. and if it fails, Mattle can say look we tried not enough demand to make it work. IF it works then the figures are paid for already and no extra stock is piled up in the mysterious dark dungeon of the Mattel storehouse. I am not a vocal person on the forums(this is my second post in 4 months) but i am buying if Fisto is re-issued, the idea that only the vocal few are wanting the figure is simply not true.

Even though I literally JUST started collecting, I have to say that I have managed to get a hold of many figures through other collectors mostly. As a videogame guy, I don't actually mind paying $40 - $150 for a figure, as I have paid more for games I have collected. It's all part of being a collector I suppose. I just am a bit 'butthurt' at Mattel for making certain figures (SHADOW WEAVER) so limited. Waited 30+ years for this figure and now I can't even get her easily. It's just like the vintage line, lol!

I just wish it was easier to give that money to Mattel than through some scalpers/vendors. I don't mind the high shipping fees on Matty if they are going toward the line directly. It's always been a matter of selection and availability of items for me.

Court Magician
    Of course Mattel can not sell re-issue figures if they hide them in some warehouses. Take Evil-Lyn as an example. I think during the Black Friday Sale she was online for an hour or so and did not sell out. I missed her and paid some $$ afterwards on the secondary market to get her. Sorry Mattel but this is by far the dumbest marketing strategy I have ever encountered. If you have figures put them on your damn website and sell them. I have bought so many figs on ebay and co while Mattel had tons of them in the warehouse. Combined with an absolute lack of advertising, do you really wonder why you can't justify re-issues?
    Sometimes I genuinely hope that Mattel would sell the Motu property to another company that actually knows how to handle such a great franchise.

Is time matty reset re issue of the most important figures, I missed Fisto, Teela, Beast man, Sorceres, and they are so expensive in ebay, they are the most importante figures as Heman and Skeletor.

- - - Updated - - -

Is time matty reset re issue of the most important figures, I missed Fisto, Teela, Beast man, Sorceres, and they are so expensive in ebay, they are the most importante figures as Heman and Skeletor.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Scott, if I tried to run up a mountain blindfolded and backwards, and I kept falling and failed, would it be correct for me to say, "it just doesn't work - I cannot climb the mountain!!" while flailing my arms about making excuses, as it seems you often do about reissues, vehicles, etc.?

No, hopefully someone would suggest that perhaps I try again in a modified way. Perhaps remove the blindfold, or I don't know, run up the mountain face-forward. Or maybe take the nice tram that is right there.

That's what you sound like, Scott. "I just cannot climb up a mountain! It's impossible!" when you make a miscalculation, do not it succeed as hoped, or set up unrealistic expectations in the first place about performance. That's why statements such as above marr your credibility, because they always seem constructed to "CYA" to your bosses or deflect future criticism - "I didn't do it, it's not my fault" says the kid before the adults realize that there are cookies missing from the cookie jar.

I swear I could break my keyboard each time I hear, "We can't make them if fans won't buy them!" when you are talking about a product underperforming when there are clear reasons why. We have watched this line head towards death now because of these decisions - the fact it has lasted as long as it has is in spite of these constant blunders, and because of how committed fans of this franchise are. And we have watched people walk away - or not even start - because of mistakes like not having Teela and Sorceress and the others available except for $70-100 from third parties.

In October I sold off five Teelas for $60-70 each (I put them up for $5 less than the lowest I saw). Some may say that was wrong, but I had them, and I would have been silly to sell them forums less. They sold in a matter of hours for each one I put up. And yet you maintain that not enough people out there would buy her, it's just a "few fans", when I was selling her for so much more than retail and people were lining up and two even asked me if they could buy a second one at that price.

Scott, really - if your reply is going to be one of your stock phrases ("fans could save their pennies", "we can't make them if fans don't..."', "We cannot cater to every fan...") it's almost it worth it for you t do so because we have heard it all before. Just like when you put "fan demanded" in a character description, we know it's generally the opposite (I've searched - the supposedly "fan demanded" Fighting Foe Men have about .01% (almost incalculable) requests vs. any of the unmade vintage PoP, for example. Yet you have to "test" if PoP is popular enough with things like defective Frosta (again, "I cannot climb the mountain" and it's like - maybe if the figure wasn't defective out of the box, she would have sold better - not so much an indication of the PoP demand as a whole).

I will leave it at that - hopefully the mods will not delete this as I am being respectful, if critical, of your statements. But please don't think that the majority of us don't get what I have said above - we do. We put up with it to get these figures that we do want, but the saddest thing abrupt this line when all is said and done will be how it could have been even greater - dare say, magnificent - if only so much time was spent giving the line love, not giving fans who love MOTU the standard line.
    I thought it was a simple enough answer... you, on the other hand, are rather long winded and rude.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The Mattel choice of those reissues was based on what? I still can't find the sense in a reissue of Chief Carnivus, for example!
    The only way to choose the reissues is a damned pre-order!
    We got tons of Chief Carnivus but no Teela, no Scare Glow, no Fisto... it's a non sense.
    Just make a pre-order for every highly-demanded figures then you'll decide, I think that there isn't only a vocal little group of fans... we got a lot of new-comers outside this collection waitin' for the key characters.
    I made a thread on the most wanted reissues: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...wanted-reissue!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 25, 2012 at 08:11pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    There just aren't enough customers to support second runs.
    Yeah, suuuure... But then, here's THE question: what do you do to bring new customers to this line, so it can grow !? Not much, I'm afraid...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Yeah, suuuure... But then, here's THE question: what do you do to bring new customers to this line, so it can grow !? Not much, I'm afraid...
    Part of the problem is a catch 22, newer collectors will want (at least certain) figures that are easy to get to start a good base collection. While we do have essentials that I would hardly argue is enough to form a good base for a collection. At the same time Mattel isn't going to produce figures if there aren't people there that for sure will purchase them.

Yes some of the reissues were probably not the best choices, while figures like Carnivus has his fans not everyone wanted one. But I personally believe the essential figures should be the originally released figures of He-man, Skeletor, Man-at-arms, Teela, Stratos, Merman, Beastman, and Zodak, plus She-ra and Hordak. Ten may sound like a fair bit but there are what ~80 figures in the line at this point.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I think the problem is that we live in this fan boy bubble and we want to believe that there are all these other potential customers out there! The fact is there are not. Without a new movie or cartoon, we are mainly it.
    There may be a few stragglers out late to the party, but not in the mass quantity some people dream of. The cold hard truth = If you are a person that likes He-Man AND likes to collect toys, you are already here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    The Mattel choice of those reissues was based on what? I still can't find the sense in a reissue of Chief Carnivus, for example!
    Chief Carnivus never had an actual second production run! Mattel did one larger production and split them up into the two packaging variations: with and without "The Original Burst". That is what they did for every figure from Adora through Leech. This is why some fans would "accidentally" get "The Original" version during the initial sale run. They only turned the machines back on for He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Man At Arms, Stratos, Hordak and Battle Cat.
    Last edited by Kowl; December 25, 2012 at 08:47pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Mattel has been in the business of making toys for decades, they must be doing something right. For the fans who missed out, or didn't get the figures they want, I feel your frustration.

The strife and bickering by this fan base baffles me at times though. It's a near certainty despite what figure or announcement Mattel makes, it always seems to be met with petty criticism in some instances by segments of the collector base.

They didn't make enough
    The accessories aren't up to par
    Too vintage
    Not vintage enough
    QC issues
    Not enough re-issues
    Selection of characters...

And on at ad nausem

Could the line be marketed better? Yes, I think it could. That doesn't mean though, that throngs of new customers would flood brick and mortar stores to buy those figures. I also don't think current collectors of the line would support the line any more at retail than they do online. Why would I get into a car and drive to a store and buy figures for 15-20 that I can buy from home for about as much. (As for the notion these could be sold for 10-15 at retail, I challenge anyone to find another line of the ilk of this one for that price.)

I hope the outcry of overly-critical fans doesn't suggest to Mattel that attitude represents ALL collectors. I have been very pleased with the line, and I've been on board since day one. I haven't always liked how things were done, and yes, issues with customer service and QC issues in some instances are problems Mattel should take more ownership of. However, there can never be a perfect line, because each and every collector has different tastes and likes. Mattel simply cannot cater to individuals, no matter how loudly we think our wallets speak.