Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Fisto - Re-released ?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    I have 2 Fistos already. I don't want him packed in with Stridor. That's a deal breaker for me.
    Really?! I have a Fisto already, but if they packed him in with Stridor I wouldn't complain! I don't see that ever happening of course! Maybe a pre-accident Fisto.......
    I'm hoping we get the Battle Ram before Stridor but this is a good solution for newer fans. To make this a compromise, perhaps this Fisto could be slightly different. (ie: Fix his armor so that it doesn't have the giant sword slot in the back, only one head, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Really?! I have a Fisto already, but if they packed him in with Stridor I wouldn't complain! I don't see that ever happening of course! Maybe a pre-accident Fisto.......
    As I said. I already have 2. This is all I need. Deal breaker.

I also don't want another variant. As a general rule I despise variants so the fact that I already have 2 Fistos is pushing it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    There is a Fisto on ebay right now for $205!! That's disgraceful! .... it's probably ToyGuru
    Actually that's pretty awesome. Maybe I'll sell one of mine. Not MOC, but still, I could probably charge a good $75 to $80 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Also, maybe Scott (TG) needs to pitch the idea of a Re-Issue Sub???

If Filmation and 30th Anniv had 6 figure subs, Why not a 6 figure Re-Issue Sub? We could possibly get...

Fisto
    Sorceress
    Teela
    Shadow Weaver
    Beast Man
    BA Faker

or others... maybe we'd get to vote on who made it in?
    I see this as a great way to follow the current model (Subs) and also save Mattel money as these are re-issues that require NOTHING to work up. Thoughts?

Shadow weaver would never be re-issued since she was the club exclusive figure. I do like the idea of a reissue sub for those that missed out. However, then how do you decide what gets reissued since everyone's needs are different?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Also, maybe Scott (TG) needs to pitch the idea of a Re-Issue Sub???

If Filmation and 30th Anniv had 6 figure subs, Why not a 6 figure Re-Issue Sub? We could possibly get...

Fisto
    Sorceress
    Teela
    Shadow Weaver
    Beast Man
    BA Faker

or others... maybe we'd get to vote on who made it in?
    I see this as a great way to follow the current model (Subs) and also save Mattel money as these are re-issues that require NOTHING to work up. Thoughts?
    Shadow Weaver would be out, and it's a good idea but the problem would be not everyone needs the same rares. Now you could go in with someone, for example I only need Teela and could take a Fisto but I have Sorceress and Beast man.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Shadow weaver would never be re-issued since she was the club exclusive figure. I do like the idea of a reissue sub for those that missed out. However, then how do you decide what gets reissued since everyone's needs are different?
    In this case, I feel the situation is somewhat different, because there are people (myself included) who paid for the year long subscription, but still didn't get the Fisto as there was not enough in stock. The only reason given to date was that there was a glitch in the system the day of sales, which prevented some subscription holders from getting the figure.The fact that they didn't have enough in stock to ensure that all subscription holders received the figure (which is pretty bad business if you want repeat customers) warrants a re-release of Fisto.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 17, 2013 at 01:49am.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Well, if they don't re-release Fisto as a figure separately, I hope that they would consider releasing him packaged with Stridor when they eventually make him. Something like what they did in the original series.

Would probably be a good way to ensure strong sales for Stridor.

http://www.crazycollectors.de/motu/f...or-giftset.jpg
    Completely agree. Make him a redeco (ie: redder hair), scale it down to just vintage parts, and pack him in with Stridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    In this case, I feel the situation is somewhat different, because there are people (myself included) who paid for the year long subscription, but still didn't get the Fisto as there was not enough in stock. The only reason given to date was that there was a glitch in the system the day of sales, which prevented some subscription holders from getting the figure.The fact that they didn't have enough in stock to ensure that all subscription holders received the figure (which is pretty bad business if you want repeat customers) warrants a re-release of Fisto.
    I didn't say anything about fisto. I said shadow weaver would never be reissued. My only thought was about the proposed reissue sub. The problem, even though I like the idea for those that need the figures, is who are you/mattel going to decide which figures get reissued since everyone has different collecting habits and needs.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    And Fisto happens to be one of the best interpretations in the line. I have no real love for the character but the toy is magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Actually that's pretty awesome. Maybe I'll sell one of mine. Not MOC, but still, I could probably charge a good $75 to $80 for him.
    I'd buy him from you for $75. If you really ever wanted to sell him PM me. As much as I hate that I have to buy him again, and regret selling my only one, he is an awesome figure. It's a shame that he won't get reissued. This is one figure I have to say should be reissued

As others have said, Fisto really should be a part of the Filmation line.

Of course, a re-release; part of a 2-pack with Stridor.

Then I could die happy.
    2017: Filmation FISTO & STRIDOR 2-Pack, Please!!!

have fisto but would love another however would want him to still come with his 200x gear as I love that design but would be quite happy with palette swap or variation like icer boots as 200x version shared ice armour he man boots. including a swappable non metal hand as in 200x cartoon would appeal to variant collectors. Inclusion with stridor would also be ok as given ebay prices customs and handling fees and shipping to uk would workout around the same price and give much more for the money and also support the line.

also feel that any figure that is selling on ebay at an average price above a certain value could/should be looked at as a potential rerelease/ variant as demand drives price and as such shows a demand for these characters. plus unavailability of what are considered core characters/ favourites puts off potential customers for the franchise. I feel that given the choice between a slight repaint/variant/ slightly higher cost per figure as opposed to high ebay prices collectors would choose to support a few variants for the sake of the line and mattel would benefit. Maintaining the scarcity of highly demanded figures only benefits resellers and personally I'd much rather mattel received my money giving me a chance to get the figures I want and to express my support for the line.

multiple repaints hurt the 200x toyline but that was retail and as such the figures were much more readily available. if prices for a $30ish dollar figure are regularly reselling at a value of two to three times that then there would appear to be a high demand for the figure in question.

a small three figure variant sub would mean that even if only one of the figures was desired the total cost would still be about the same as buying singly on ebay and speaking for myself i'd much rather have three figures for the same price.

a repaint could take the slot of the problematic chase figure as the majority of feedback seems to show that the chase figure is viewed as much more of an aggravation than a benefit by fans.

hmmmmm I've written more than I planned to..........I must feel quite strongly about this
    Hoping for figures of: Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, the female giant from the brazil motu comic and the myp giants.

Heroic Warrior
    Fisto should see a figure in Club Grayskull. His MoTUC version looked nothing like his vintage toy in the headsculpt. His cartoon appearance would make a great filmation variant. It'd help those who got screwed out of getting a Fisto in the subscriber debacle as well as getting a chance to pick him up for Stridor

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Fisto should see a figure in Club Grayskull. His MoTUC version looked nothing like his vintage toy in the headsculpt. His cartoon appearance would make a great filmation variant. It'd help those who got screwed out of getting a Fisto in the subscriber debacle as well as getting a chance to pick him up for Stridor
    Though I have a fisto and I do not need 2 of them, I agree with the sentiment of this idea. I think of particular value would be a giant metal fist that is more streamlined smooth like the old toy which I loved and the modern 200x fist is kinda not to my liking. Also Chromed anyone?

So I am not asking for this but I agree it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by clashfromjem View Post
    if prices for a $30ish dollar figure are regularly reselling at a value of two to three times that then there would appear to be a high demand for the figure in question.
    Or a small supply! Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see some of these re-released as well, but the way I heard it explained in the past, is that, even though these are crazy in-demand relative to the supply, the actual number is still relatively low. The other issue is that, even though people are paying $100+ on eBay, they're still only going to pay the standard figure rate to Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Also Chromed anyone?
    Yes!

OK, so the perfect Fisto re-release IMHO: Filmation/Classic head-sculpt with a Chromed fist.

Packaged with Stridor or not is not a dealbreaker/maker for me. I'll buy him either way or both ways.
    2017: Filmation FISTO & STRIDOR 2-Pack, Please!!!

not sure i'd buy a filmation style only one........the first was so good a club grayskull version would feel like a watered down budget release.
    the 200x fisto is to me the ultimate fisto, stressing his Viking like aspects.
    so without at least the 200x sword and head and decent paint apps it wouldn't feel worthwhile to me.
    Hoping for figures of: Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, the female giant from the brazil motu comic and the myp giants.

It's unbelievable that Fisto wasn't already reissued like 2 years ago. My biggest worry with him (aside from the line just outright ending) is that with Scott Kim and now Andrew's exit from Matty that there is literally no one left at the corporate level who even knows there's a need to reissue him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    The figures people want the most seem to be those from the early MOTU waves back in the eighties. Always said it was nostalgia which made Classics work. Unfortunately Mattel aimed for fast sellouts in the early days, made it impossible for new fans to come to the line, and then found themselves with loads of spare stock of less important figures. To be unable to buy even He-Man and Skeletor speaks volumes.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    The figures people want the most seem to be those from the early MOTU waves back in the eighties. Always said it was nostalgia which made Classics work. Unfortunately Mattel aimed for fast sellouts in the early days, made it impossible for new fans to come to the line, and then found themselves with loads of spare stock of less important figures. To be unable to buy even He-Man and Skeletor speaks volumes.
    Absolutely I wish corporate had seen the need to make Classics continually accessible to newcomers throughout the line by at least keeping heman skeletor man at arms and perhaps beast man available at regular intervals

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPuncher View Post
    Absolutely I wish corporate had seen the need to make Classics continually accessible to newcomers throughout the line by at least keeping heman skeletor man at arms and perhaps beast man available at regular intervals

So true. Coming into this line late is one of the biggest ways to feel like a pariah. Sometimes there is a sense of disdain levelled toward you, and sometimes it's simply a "sorry about your luck, but I frankly don't know you and don't care about you."

I watched this line from afar in its early days, and yearned to be a part of the nostalgia. At the time, however, my financial situation absolutely forbade it. When I was able to get on board I learned about the struggle of the secondary market - about people who were more interested in free enterprise than in fellow collectors.

I myself have tried to make statements against it. I've bought figures that I've given as gifts to fellow collectors who I've felt have gone out of their way to help the line. The only people who should have ever been in this for profit are the people at Mattel.

That being said, I was lucky enough to finally be able to participate when He-Man and Skeletor were still available at Matty. I've spent more money for a partial collection than many have spent for a full collection - and it was all just a matter of being involved from the beginning.

Fisto will always call for a high price due to many varying factors. The main factor, however, will be his rarity, and the subsequent greed that that engenders in those who see things from a POV of money and profit. Many will have their excuses as to why they will NEVER bring their price down, and those excuses will amount to a simple matter of dollars and opportunity. They'll talk about losing money on dud NA figures, and therefore Fisto remains high to make back those losses, yadda yadda - and while that IS true of many collectors who buy multiple subs and resell figures there is no way anyone can tell me that such a thing is true of every single Fisto price on the secondary market. I'll grant it in some cases, but there is just no way that there aren't cases where Fisto sellers are simply in it to make a profit they haven't earned (other than to be lucky).

So yeah, there's my rant. I'm in the camp of saying YES to re-issuing Fisto. I'd love it if Mattel could do a whole bunch of reissues. I'll never claim to know the intricacies of the market and the financial feasibility of doing such things, but I do know how much more enjoyable it would have been to be a part of the collection process if core characters were consistently more available for reasonable prices.

I hope to get a Classics Fisto one day. Mattel could make it easier for me, or my fellow collectors could make it easier for me. In the former case, I have no idea how such things work in a large corporation, and to what extent production costs, profit, etc. weigh in to things. I have to say though, that in the latter case it doesn't strike me that reducing Fisto's price is going to hurt any sort of bottom line or risk having production costs exceed profits. If anything, high-priced Fistos on the secondary market are almost entirely just gravy for the seller - gravy that they can get through the system because everyone just accepts that that is how the system works.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

If their going to reissue the horde troopers by popular demand there is a chance one day the'll reissue Fisto if the lines continue.
    guspena.com

I actually hope they don't reissue anymore figures. Let the free market reign.

I don't have a problem with a Filmation style figure being released tho.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I actually hope they don't reissue anymore figures. Let the free market reign.

I don't have a problem with a Filmation style figure being released tho.
    How would it be a problem for you if they reissued Fisto? I own some of the rarest figures in motuc but t wouldn't bother me a bit if every single one of them were reissued tomorrow to help fellow collectors. However I don't really have a problem with eBay sellers because most of the time the bidders are the ones who drive the prices up. Free market shouldn't be restricted, but why on earth would anyone be against reissues?

Widget
    I wouldn't support a re-release of Fisto. I like to keep my figures collectible thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by sfpl View Post
    I wouldn't support a re-release of Fisto. I like to keep my figures collectible thank you very much.
    I think a lot of people really want a Fisto re-release simply because not everyone was able to get him. Some subscribers didn't even get one. Offering some form of Fisto a second time (be it a straight re-release or a FILMation version) wouldn't make the one you have any less collectible in the grand scheme of things.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!