Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisto - Re-released ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I wish we could make this line work or every individual collectors needs but alas it just isn't so. We tried two years of second runs and none of them performed well enough to keep this going. While there are some vocal fans online asking for certain figures to be rereleased, in reality when we actually offer second runs they don't sell well enough to justify the production. There just aren't enough customers to support second runs. It is math, not a lack of "wanting to make money" or please fans.
    But what about Teela? There's no math to support fixing her minor problems (bobble head from a neckhole that's too shallow and her stiff leotard--both problems fixed for Evil-Lyn) and reissuing her? She's kind of a big one to not offer again, and I know lots of people would rather get one with those corrections rather than one of the overpriced and bobble-headed ones on the secondary market. I'd buy her again and extras for gifts too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Multi packs with say Fisto and He-Man, Skeltor and Scareglow and Teela with BG Evil Lynn. Matty can make more money, get rid of some extra figures they have a lot of and make a some money.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

I remember people use to complain that Mattel Reissuing figures under valued their collections and it made it it not worthwhile buying more than one sub. It was a big fuss! And people said Mattel was killing the line by reissuing figures and scaring away the secondary market buyers. The thread was long!

Now Mattel is killing the line by not offering reissues. We can't have it both ways, and the demand was there to stop reissuing. Mattel listened, and once again everyone throws fit.

If you want the reissue that bad make a list of people who will prepay and see if you can get over a thousand. At least you will have something to show Mattel. ( but don't count on the secondary market buyers to help you out since your killing their bussiness)

You can't have it both ways!
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno

Quote Originally Posted by Umbloo View Post
    I remember people use to complain that...
    I didn't agree with those people, so I'm not trying to have it both ways by advocating for the opposite now.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Even though I am annoyed by the availability of older figures, I do think that Mattel is doing the right thing now by concentrating on the remaining figures in the line. I would really hate for the line to be canceled before characters like Mantenna, Modulok, Two Bad, Glimmer, Angella, and Scorpia are made. From what I have observed, the line is always fragile, and teetering on the brink of cancellation, so there's an urgency to prioritize different areas of production. At first I thought it was all haphazard, but now it seems some very specific decisions are being made. I think all resources are being allocated towards making new figures a priority...which is as it should be.

I just also want to say that not many toy companies (or especially gaming companies) have such a direct relationship with fans/consumers as this bizarre one MOTU fans have with Mattel. I think it's cool actually, because it often feels like an exchange...the downside is that it blurs certain lines between producer and consumer, which can often lead to one side or another taking a few hits. All part of the exchange nonetheless.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Eternian Chronicles... The point that you, and many other fans, completely miss is that Mattel can not justify a second run any longer because they can not move the quantity required for production.
    I didn't miss anything. I'm not some uneducated yokel saying they owe me anything.

It's just lack of fore-sight and Mattel's continual creation of an artificial scarcity.

It simply makes no rational sense that, say, Chief Carniverous got a second run and Teela never did. I don't think you will find anyone who could say that he would outsell Teela - it's laughable.

I think you find Teela in particular a sore point because of the "mix and match" design of much of the line. I have a half dozen of them - I'm all set (which is why I sold my extras). I have some swapped with BG Teela parts. Just the one figure itself comes with two distinct looks. And what did we get just two months ago? A set of vintage Teela armor in the new weapons pack. Mattel keeps building up demand for her. Yet refuses to rerelease her, and made a blunder by apparently not making enough up in the first place.

That's the "game". That's why things "sell out" that aren't really sold out. How many times have Palace Guards been "sold out" - yet they keep coming back. They are permanently available now. It's the point that folks like you miss and fall for it hook, line, and sinker. It's all created artificially - Mattel wants certain figures to be outrageously expensive. They think it's good for the brand. Frustrating and gating people for these "rare" figures discourages more than it encourages, though.

That's why it's so silly. It's either poor planning, intentional manipulation, or most likely a combination of both. These are made of plastic, not precious metals or rare minerals. Any rarity is artificial.

You can't say "Well Teela sells for $60-70 on eBay." In order to go back into production, Mattel would have to be able to produce/sell 1000s of one character figure. The demand is loud online, but the Mattel sales numbers have proved that it is not profitable for them to go back into production. I'm sorry, but that is business.
    That's not what I said. It skips the details that matter. And I don't know if you checked, but she's going for even more than that now. Sorceress is $100. That figure came out less than a year ago. Clearly, again, Mattel either made poor estimates of popularity, or did it intentionally to sell subs (an entirely different discussion - how they insist this is the "only" way to do this - ever try to tell a non-Matty collector that you can sign up once a year for a blind sub costing a couple of car payments or half a mortgage payment each year - it's an insane thought to most people, even collectors).

I get it just fine. I'm not missing anything. The folk who need to understand the "business" going on here are the ones that think this is anything but a combination of poor planning and intentional market manipulation designed to scare people into the flawed sub-model.

Also, this whole "the company owes me" mentality still bugs me these days. We COLLECT toys. The essence of collecting something is the search and acquire. You can't always find something during the initial offering and you have to acquire it off the secondary market at a premium price. Using the logic that some people use, I should start demanding that Mattel make me Vintage MOTU & POP figures MOC because I can't afford to buy them on eBay any longer. Come on Scott, where's my 1987 Spinnerella reissue you owe me?? /Sarcasm
    First, that would be impossible - Mattel tossed those molds (they had to bootleg their own product to do the "commemorative" line). Second, I never said they "owed" me anything. Very few people think like that. What I do think is that they miss golden opportunities to grow the line. It takes a strong commitment to even think about collecting this line - and by saying "jump all in or go without" - that's why I'd bet for every subscriber who actually joins, a dozen more went t the website, saw the absurd way it was set up, and just didn't bother. "You can only sign up for a few weeks this year for product you will not get until next year and we will only tell you a select few things you will get but you must buy everything that we throw in." Imagine if someone goes to the website today and discovers the line - well, in eight months you can sign up for a sub and you can start getting figures over a year from now.

The true problem and why this has gone on is that people who live in this bubble who think this is all normal because they simply cannot see (or choose not to see) what really goes on here. And it's why the line is verifiably dying. It could have grown, but because of the stubbornness and refusing to adjust the model, we will be lucky to get next years sub through (since we barely made it this year).

To anyone who doesn't get this, I offer you simple evidence : Castle Grayskull. I could show you a hundred quotes from Scott telling us why it would not and could not happen. Yet...it is. It goes to show that if you go at something from a different angle, perhaps it can work. Yet again, I can show you enough quotes to keep you reading till New Years from Scott saying why it could not happen and wasn't possible.

It's the story of this line. It's really obvious from stem to sternum the manipulation, but it's like politics, religion, or anything else - for a large amount of people, once they hold a certain belief they will not acknowledge that it may not be the best way to go no matter how much the evidence is staring them right in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But what about Teela? There's no math to support fixing her minor problems (bobble head from a neckhole that's too shallow and her stiff leotard--both problems fixed for Evil-Lyn) and reissuing her? She's kind of a big one to not offer again, and I know lots of people would rather get one with those corrections rather than one of the overpriced and bobble-headed ones on the secondary market. I'd buy her again and extras for gifts too.
    Add a Filmation head and on the 2.0 buck and you have a figure that would sell like hotcakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I thought it was a simple enough answer... you, on the other hand, are rather long winded and rude.
    Oh it was simple - but like a lot of life it's way more complicated than a "simple" sound bite.

That said, if you find my postings too taxing, you are completely free to avoid them in the future. Perhaps it might be more fruitful for you to participate in the discussion instead of just commenting on your impressions of my writing style.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the problem is that we live in this fan boy bubble and we want to believe that there are all these other potential customers out there! The fact is there are not. Without a new movie or cartoon, we are mainly it.
    There may be a few stragglers out late to the party, but not in the mass quantity some people dream of. The cold hard truth = If you are a person that likes He-Man AND likes to collect toys, you are already here.
    Oh there is a bubble all right - and you are smack in the middle of it. It's just not the one you think it is.

I am on my iPad right now so it's too difficult to check (and that's why I keep having typos) but you should check out the recent thread where those from all walks of life were commenting about how many children we find that are very aware of He-man and She-ra because of Netflix streaming and such. Millions of people watched this show, and continue to.

But to anyone outside of that very bubble you just brought up, the entire concept of how Mattel wants you to collect this line is utterly absurd. Go try telling someone how the sub model works - you get looks of amazement, confusion, and bewilderment that people like us actually pay $600 a year and commit to it before you even know what the product will be, not to mention that key figures to go back and collect will set up I back thousands.

There is a bubble, friend - and you are square in the middle of it.

C
    hief Carnivus never had an actual second production run! Mattel did one larger production and split them up into the two packaging variations: with and without "The Original Burst". That is what they did for every figure from Adora through Leech. This is why some fans would "accidentally" get "The Original" version during the initial sale run. They only turned the machines back on for He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Man At Arms, Stratos, Hordak and Battle Cat.
    Thank you for illustrating my point - at how the artificial scarcity works. I mean, Mattel was not up front about this when it was happening - we found out later. Just listen to that explanation you gave - if you think that is sound business practice and the best way to go about things (buff up the line by making two identical figures at the same time, making the tiniest of tiny package variations, and storing one away so you can resell it as a different edition later)...I'm sorry, what was that you said about a bubble??? LOL. You could not have proven my point better if you had tried.

Quote Originally Posted by charliecore View Post
    Mattel has been in the business of making toys for decades, they must be doing something right. For the fans who missed out, or didn't get the figures they want, I feel your frustration.

The strife and bickering by this fan base baffles me at times though. It's a near certainty despite what figure or announcement Mattel makes, it always seems to be met with petty criticism in some instances by segments of the collector base.

They didn't make enough
    The accessories aren't up to par
    Too vintage
    Not vintage enough
    QC issues
    Not enough re-issues
    Selection of characters...

And on at ad nausem

Could the line be marketed better? Yes, I think it could. That doesn't mean though, that throngs of new customers would flood brick and mortar stores to buy those figures. I also don't think current collectors of the line would support the line any more at retail than they do online. Why would I get into a car and drive to a store and buy figures for 15-20 that I can buy from home for about as much. (As for the notion these could be sold for 10-15 at retail, I challenge anyone to find another line of the ilk of this one for that price.)

I hope the outcry of overly-critical fans doesn't suggest to Mattel that attitude represents ALL collectors. I have been very pleased with the line, and I've been on board since day one. I haven't always liked how things were done, and yes, issues with customer service and QC issues in some instances are problems Mattel should take more ownership of. However, there can never be a perfect line, because each and every collector has different tastes and likes. Mattel simply cannot cater to individuals, no matter how loudly we think our wallets speak.
    How about a company that's been in business for decades, but screwing up figures that their Vintage counterparts have lasted 30 years, yet a few of the figures didn't last 30 days before they started falling apart....marketing isn't all this line needs, and isn't what caused a downward spike in sales....people are ****** because things continue to get screwed up on the figures.

If anyone can see by the sub numbers....the overly critical fans....do make up a huge number of sales. The fact that a few people ended up buying 100 some subs should be an indicator that if not for them buying the subs up....the line would have died already....and just because one person buys all those subs, it doesn't matter, it's still only one person buying 100 subs, not 100 people buying one sub....huge difference in loss of people willing to deal with Mattel & Matty to buy these things from 2012 numbers.

ANd as far as lines....I find the TMNT Classics line (4 Turtles so far), but still around $16 - $20 and the 4 turtles I have, are perfectly tight and no issues whatsoever, so to me personally, no matte what anyone else says, TMNT Classics is on par with MOTUC. Since you know your comment.....

"Why would I get into a car and drive to a store and buy figures for 15-20 that I can buy from home for about as much. (As for the notion these could be sold for 10-15 at retail, I challenge anyone to find another line of the ilk of this one for that price."
    ....implies that in your opinion everyone would be wrong anyway, but each person's preference is totally their own....I did find a line that to me, is on par with MOTUC, and if they release the other charactrs and they're as good as the four brothers....the line has serious potential, again....to me, so your statement is officially challenged. But they are cheaper than MOTUC, yet they have more articulation, and the same amount of plastic. Anything can be argued that you might not think TMNT Classics is on par....but you can't argue the fact that to me....they are.

But for the statement of MOTUC at $10 to $15....no, they would likely be $18+ but still far cheaper than they would be on Matty if they were retail, you might get more with the figures on Matty, but Honestly anything over $25 for MOTUC....and I am out....to me, their value for what you get is not worth anything over that....But I would drive to the store, what I spend in gas would be worth it for not paying for shipping I have to wait over a week for, not to mention, if something broke I could run back get it replaced the next time I went to the store, and get a replacement same day and back home, no phone calls, no DR ********....so yes, I would drive to the store....I prefer toy store shopping to sitting on may ass clicking buttons.

So actually If MOTUC & TMNT were at retail....and MOTUC was scaled back with accs and all, the TMNT would still be cheaper, for something to me that is very similar, and just as good. Again that's to me, and what my facts are to myself, you can't argue.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 25, 2012 at 11:30pm.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

People you are missing the most blatent reason why Mattel will not do second releases again....They are gun shy!

Thye are SO afraid with being stuck with over produced product (Vintage,2002) that they will come up with some excuse not to do it even though it would not be a disaster like the last two lines ended.

This is a MAJOR factor why they think the way they do I believe....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    People you are missing the most blatent reason why Mattel will not do second releases again....They are gun shy!

Thye are SO afraid with being stuck with over produced product (Vintage,2002) that they will come up with some excuse not to do it even though it would not be a disaster like the last two lines ended.

People are buying up almost everything as Mattel re-offers it at sales and resale dates with monthly figures.....out of all the figures so far, not that many were epic failures.....I mean Why in the hell would you make larger runs of.....

Carnivus
    Buzz Off
    Gygor
    Faceless One
    for example....

And not second runs of....

Teela (unless they are planning a 2.0)
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    Rattlor
    (and apparently) Castle Grayskullman
    for example....they all sold out super fast, and would definitely sell again.

The first mentioned figures are bad examples to use, when they are not very popular characters, someone such as a big fan like Scott should know this.

Quite frankly, I believe in the few short years of this line so far, it has been the biggest and best selling line....we already have more basic figures in the line than the Vintage line had (I believe without physically counting)....The 2013 sub drive may have been close, and only saved due to a handful of somehow deep pocketed individual buyers, and most of us know why this happened (part of it 2012 was the best so far figure wise, but the worst CS & Mattel design-wise).....but previously the line sold amazingly even if they had to sit on stock of certain figures for a while....they still made large profit, they are just fine. Anyone with common sense knows a product is made for much less than it sells for, no business is going to make something for $19 and sell it for $20, that just doesn't happen, and since MOTUC is not retail, and it's sold directly by a Mattel Vendor....profit is really good on these., no matter what they say, if not, the line would have been cut long ago, subs or not.
    Recent....Blade
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

That's it. What if Fisto(or Teela) got a second run, had to have a 10,000 min manufacturing quota and only sold 3000(large estimate) of each fig. What to do with the other 14,000 left over figs, let them sit in Essentials limbo(storage expenses) and sell them for 1/2 off every BF/CM, that doesn't seem like sound business strategy. We, like JLU, are a small collector base and very vocal but probably not numerous like TG has mentioned. Give TG the benefit of the doubt of having access to way more operating expense info than we will ever know.
    Last edited by Bjjer; December 26, 2012 at 01:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    That's it. What if Fisto(or Teela) got a second run, had to have a 10,000 min manufacturing quota and only sold 3000(large estimate) of each fig. What to do with the other 14,000 left over figs, let them sit in Essentials limbo(storage expenses) and sell them for 1/2 off every BF/CM, that doesn't seem like sound business strategy. We, like JLU, are a small collector base and very vocal but probably not numerous like TG has mentioned. Give TG the benefit of the doubt of having access to way more operating expense info than we will ever know.
    Here's a small and vocal message again

Why is it, it seems like everyone believes that all MOTUC fans are here on the Org, or other fan boy sites....don't people realize there are far more MOTUC fans out there than post on message boards....I know of 6 collectors just in my area that have never posted one thing online about their collection, and don't care to....that's 7 collectors within a 50 mile radius of me, and I am the only one that posts on here. 3 of them collected 200X, being their first outing into MOTU....none of us go to the cons, we just collect the toys....now I know here in Southern MI, that if 7 of the people I know of around me....collect MOTU, and I'm the only one that posts online....there's more of us out there, everywhere. And not all of us are represented online.

Problem is, they are basing sales on the lesser characters they overproduced, and the stock that instead of selling all along (MAA, Tri-Klops, Teela, Scareglow, Webstor....) they sat on, using it also as an example of how poorly the figures did....well, yeah, if you don't offer something for sale, but have stock....of course it's going to perform badly.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 26, 2012 at 01:54am.
    Recent....Blade
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    Sometimes I genuinely hope that Mattel would sell the Motu property to another company that actually knows how to handle such a great franchise.
    ^ This...

Mattel has been in the business of making toys for decades, they must be doing something right.
    Maybe, but definitely not with this property.

I hope the outcry of overly-critical fans doesn't suggest to Mattel that attitude represents ALL collectors. I have been very pleased with the line, and I've been on board since day one. I haven't always liked how things were done, and yes, issues with customer service and QC issues in some instances are problems Mattel should take more ownership of. However, there can never be a perfect line, because each and every collector has different tastes and likes. Mattel simply cannot cater to individuals, no matter how loudly we think our wallets speak.
    Most people weren't asking Mattel to take individuals requests, people were simply asking the company to handle its business professionally specifically DR's CS/Site-issues and QC, and what we've got mostly empty promises, until it was too late! Many of us here took it deep where the sun doesn't shine for the sake of completion and the love for the brand, but the rest couldn't handle it and dropped the line all together. Of course other issues like figure selection, re-issues, sub-incentives, lack of ads and price hikes were also a factor in the decline of the demand, but only if Mattel tried to take care of the basic mishaps instead of blaming it on the fans, this brand could've been in a much better situation right now... Still, I'm very thankful that the line is still here to this day and we're still collecting MOTU (the 4HM is the major factor IMO), however there was a lot of room for improvements that Mattel decided to turn its head away from.
    Last edited by Darkkosis; December 26, 2012 at 06:55am.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Chief Carnivus never had an actual second production run! Mattel did one larger production and split them up into the two packaging variations: with and without "The Original Burst". That is what they did for every figure from Adora through Leech. This is why some fans would "accidentally" get "The Original" version during the initial sale run. They only turned the machines back on for He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Man At Arms, Stratos, Hordak and Battle Cat.
    If so, my opinion changes the form but the message is the same and it's well explained by Shadowfall 1976:
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People are buying up almost everything as Mattel re-offers it at sales and resale dates with monthly figures.....out of all the figures so far, not that many were epic failures.....I mean Why in the hell would you make larger runs of.....

Carnivus
    Buzz Off
    Gygor
    Faceless One
    for example....

And not second runs of....

Teela (unless they are planning a 2.0)
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    Rattlor
    (and apparently) Castle Grayskullman
    for example....they all sold out super fast, and would definitely sell again.

The first mentioned figures are bad examples to use, when they are not very popular characters, someone such as a big fan like Scott should know this.

Quite frankly, I believe in the few short years of this line so far, it has been the biggest and best selling line....we already have more basic figures in the line than the Vintage line had (I believe without physically counting)....The 2013 sub drive may have been close, and only saved due to a handful of somehow deep pocketed individual buyers, and most of us know why this happened (part of it 2012 was the best so far figure wise, but the worst CS & Mattel design-wise).....but previously the line sold amazingly even if they had to sit on stock of certain figures for a while....they still made large profit, they are just fine. Anyone with common sense knows a product is made for much less than it sells for, no business is going to make something for $19 and sell it for $20, that just doesn't happen, and since MOTUC is not retail, and it's sold directly by a Mattel Vendor....profit is really good on these., no matter what they say, if not, the line would have been cut long ago, subs or not.
    If we aren't talkin' about reissues, let's talk about how many figures Mattel should produce and the only way to know how many figures we need is a simply operation:
    (number of subscriptions) + (pre-orders from the cherry pickers) + (CSA) = number of figures needed.
    But they prefer to produce figures totally blindfolded...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    I think the problem is that we live in this fan boy bubble and we want to believe that there are all these other potential customers out there! The fact is there are not. Without a new movie or cartoon, we are mainly it.
    This is an assumption that is difficult to defend when you know that Matty didn't do much to attract new potential customers... Advertisement and visibility for this line are almost completely absent ! So, saying we're mainly "it" as far as fandom goes, isn't based on any fact or data, since Matty didn't even TRY to promote and advertise this line properly.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Add a Filmation head and on the 2.0 buck and you have a figure that would sell like hotcakes.
    I don't care about Filmation heads, or even a new buck, my point is the original Teela with those minor fixes--like original He-Man getting his shoulders fixed and no pepper-spray eyes--would still be very desirable both for people who don't have her as well as many of use who bought her already. It's not just the regular head that bobbles, but her non-green Goddess head too as putting either on BG Teela proves. If TG is just generalizing or knows even that figure wouldn't sell for a reissue then I'd just like to know.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't care about Filmation heads, or even a new buck, my point is the original Teela with those minor fixes--like original He-Man getting his shoulders fixed and no pepper-spray eyes--would still be very desirable both for people who don't have her as well as many of use who bought her already. It's not just the regular head that bobbles, but her non-green Goddess head too as putting either on BG Teela proves. If TG is just generalizing or knows even that figure wouldn't sell for a reissue then I'd just like to know.
    While I think a straight up reissue of Teela would do great, once you start fixing things I believe it kind of becomes a new SKU. And if they are going to do that, adding a 2nd Filmation head would really make it sell (and then even on it's own it then has three looks - meaning that many more sales). Scott has stated he does not think she warrants a "Filmation" version or head, but I think she has about the same amount of difference as Randor, yet we got him.

That said, a straight up reissue with no changes would still be wildly successful. In fact many view her as an army builder. Especially when combined with BG Teela. But if changes were made, I think if it's a new SKU anyway they should really hit all the requests at once.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    No offense Scott, but I just love how you will be gone from the board for weeks when we are having discussions on important things like poor QC, DR unable to ship to a brand new address, and all this crap, but you come to chime in on a reissue discussion.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    While I think a straight up reissue of Teela would do great, once you start fixing things I believe it kind of becomes a new SKU. And if they are going to do that, adding a 2nd Filmation head would really make it sell (and then even on it's own it then has three looks - meaning that many more sales). Scott has stated he does not think she warrants a "Filmation" version or head, but I think she has about the same amount of difference as Randor, yet we got him.

That said, a straight up reissue with no changes would still be wildly successful. In fact many view her as an army builder. Especially when combined with BG Teela. But if changes were made, I think if it's a new SKU anyway they should really hit all the requests at once.
    I don't think softer plastic on the tunic is worthy of being a new SKU, but if just fixing the depth of the neck peg hole in her head is then that is one big damn shame.

The real problem with Fisto (I didn't get one as well, it sold out so fast) is that they clearly dropped the ball and didn't make enough. So much so that even some people with Subs didn't get him and there also wasn't enough made for replacements. Not to mention that it sold out extremely fast as if they had only a few in stock.

It was as if someone screwed up and they were like a 1,000 figures or more short.

The problem is that now it is too expensive to go back and make just 1,000 figures so us fans are screwed yet again.

If you collect toys at all,and have a computer, at some point you must have visited a toy news site. At least around toy fair or sdcc. If you collect just one line,you know about motuc. May I ask how you could attract new collectors to this line? Where should TG advertise? If you have not joined this line now,you never will. Fisto is a shame, but teela needs more attention and I do not expect that before 2016.

How many subscribers really did not get Fisto? How many returned him for bad packaging or a paint smear? I really have no idea the numbers,I have looked in the search feature here and on matty.

I know this is only a small sample but it is still a sample. So roughly how many on this site were subscribers and sent a sorceress instead of Fisto?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    If you collect toys at all,and have a computer, at some point you must have visited a toy news site. At least around toy fair or sdcc. If you collect just one line,you know about motuc. May I ask how you could attract new collectors to this line? Where should TG advertise? If you have not joined this line now,you never will.
    My point exactly, but some fans refuse to accept that logic.... They want to believe that there are all these clueless toy collecting folks out there.
    I'm sorry, but if you are into toys enough to drop serious cash, you frequent toy websites and would have seen something about MOTUC by now.
    And I'm also sorry, but the guy that you run into at the comic shop that says "Oh He-Man, cool" is not the untapped customer base some imagine.
    I really wish Val or Pixel Dan or someone that actually carries weight around here would weigh in on that subject.
    Val, particularly, has first hand knowledge with the difficulties of trying to find a large enough customer base for the MOTU property.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Popular opinion does not mean fact, or that everyone has to believe what they hear, I prefer to see and think for myself. Just like popular opinion because every is making a huge issue out of her is that Frosta is the worst figure in the line....********, people have eyes and can form opinions themselves, but too many times instead of forming their own opinion....they fall in with someone else they assume knows what they are talking about. Or develop strong opinions about wrong information....sorry, just because 200 people believe something that is false....doesn't mean it will make it a truth.

My point exactly, but some fans refuse to accept that logic.... They want to believe that there are all these clueless toy collecting folks out there.
    I'm sorry, but if you are into toys enough to drop serious cash, you frequent toy websites and would have seen something about MOTUC by now.
    And I'm also sorry, but the guy that you run into at the comic shop that says "Oh He-Man, cool" is not the untapped customer base some imagine.
    I really wish Val or Pixel Dan or someone that actually carries weight around here would weigh in on that subject.
    Val, particularly, has first hand knowledge with the difficulties of trying to find a large enough customer base for the MOTU property.
    That's why there are still new people coming in....I only came in a year ago, a few other just a few months back....new fans are still out there, but I guess I am the only one that sees and reads new to MOTUC collectors posts....they do happen every so often.

I only remembered that MOTUC existed at all because in a Transformers SDCC pic in 2011 I saw someone carrying a Marlena....and then remembered hey, they exist....it's only been a year....there are still people like me that either didn't remember about MOTUC or don't know period....

Now I am not saying anything about marketing, I am simply stating that the assumption that everyone out there who is or was a fan of MOTU already knows....is wrong....how to reach them....I don't know.

And as far as collecting, I collected Transformers since Classics began in 2006, I frequented TFW2005 I didn't care about other lines at that time or even until recently as 2011....I never heard of He-Man.org until then either, but I have a computer and I spend a lot of time on it....now there are also fans out there who like me assume if there is another He-Man, you would see it in stores or see a TV show or something....they don't see it, they assume no line exists....that is the reality of the normal MOTU fan that doesn't spend his adult life online, or ever going to cons....they are out there, they do exist....People who think like a particular other person, are not rare....there are billions of us on this planet....some of us do share opinions and likes....despite what a few on the Org here believe, as if they speak for every MOTUC collector in general.

Sorry, but despite what many believe there are people that only collect what they see in stores or hear about in their close circle of friends, not every toy collector knows about every friggin line in existence to assume that is asinine. Most normal people assume what you see in stores or see on TV is what exists, they don't actively seek out toys they don't know exist, or their kids know that exist. If you don't reach out to everyday people in normal advertising media, you don't reach the full potential of customer base....

How would you know Bose released a new sound system if it wasn't in stores, it was only sold online, and they didn't put a new TV ad up....no one would know about it unless they happened to stumble around the Bose site and find it, or know someone who managed to come across it....not everyone is looking for Bose to be anywhere but advertised on TV or in magazines....

Word of mouth for something only goes so far to people who aren't looking, know no one or asking about something. I only found the 6 local collectors around me 5 by luck, one is my nephew, one was the cable tech that came when my internet went down, another was a guy I worked with who was a long time Vintage MOTU fan, that I turned onto MOTUC (he knew absolutely nothing about it) and got him buying the line, who bought a 2012 & 2013 sub mind you (he now owns one of every figure MOTUC released), one I met at a comic store, and the other 2 I met through other friends. And out of the 6 collectors of toys, only 3 of them knew about or collected MOTUC, after I met them, the ones who didn't....did.

My nephew found MOTUC after I did only a year ago. And now all my 3 nephews own at least one MOTUC figure.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 26, 2012 at 03:16pm.
    Recent....Blade
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I have a computer and I am a MOTU fan since 1984, I fell again in love with MOTU in 2001 the first time I used Internet but I discovered MOTUC only in 2011 thanx to a Pixel Dan review... and I believe there are a lot of people that discovered this line too late then used ebay and sadly decided to not start this collection... Thanx to reissues now I have all the figures that I needed except Scare Glow... (they "reissued" it on the cyber monday but I didn't have money...)
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Mattel will not rerelease Fisto because they don't like to make money.
    It's not often that I agree with your snark Dr. Kain (you know I love ya), but in this case you make a really awesome point. I can completely understand not going back to the factory for more copies of figures that took days and days to sell out, but what about the more popular figures like the aforementioned Fisto? I suppose the major reason against this is that Mattel has most likely been burned before, thinking a figure would sell through excellently on a second run only to find out after the fact that supply superseded demand. Typical of fans to cry wolf over a figure they supposedly promise to support when it's back only to fail because voices were louder than numerous. As a business Mattel simply can't function on handshake promises and who can blame them. Fans are fickle and in some cases simply don't come out to support the things they say they will. Probably a major reason why subs and pre-orders are all the rage with them lately.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Sadly Man-E-Faces was the first to get the no more re-issue treatment....sucks because I know some figures no matter what Mattel says would sell if they did....Teela, Fisto, possibly Sorceress....especially if they did small runs. But third party sellers is the only way to go now....I don't know about Fisto, but I know Teela is demanding $60 - $80....if Fisto is as liked as everyone makes out....I'm sure he's up there too.
    Oh, don't worry he is definitely fetching HIGH dollars. I wanted a third Fisto to display with his 200X extras, but not at these prices!

Mattel has been in the business of making toys for decades, they must be doing something right. For the fans who missed out, or didn't get the figures they want, I feel your frustration.
    Hmmmm, maybe not for much longer though...

http://news.yahoo.com/mattel-hasbro-...210012405.html

Kind of sad with kids nowadays....
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!