View Poll Results: Was you Granamyr's tail port broken?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • He arrived in good condition.

73 72.28%
  • The connection port in his body for his tail was broken.

15 14.85%
  • Something else was broken (please explain).

13 12.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granamyr: was your figures tail (or another part) broken?

Granamyr: was your figures tail (or another part) broken?

I'm curious to know what percentage of people are getting broken tail ports on Granamyr, so I thought this would be the best way to find out. Thanks for you participation!

PS the part that is being reported to have problems is the port in the body cavity that the tail plugs into.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Right shoulder joint defective.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Tail port broken
    Bobble head issue
    After playing with him a little, I fear his arm ports might break soon.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    well as you can see guys,nothing was broken here,except the tail doesn't snap in at all!
    so frustrating...Photo de moi 7.pngPhoto de moi 9.pngPhoto de moi 10.pngPhoto de moi 11.png

OnlyOneSkeletor- if you look closely at the inner ring of the tail, I'll bet you'll see the ring is cracked, most likely at one of two spots where the ring is thinnest. That means you can push the tail in but that it'll fall right back out again because that ring is meant to hold the tail in place.

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx1701d View Post
    OnlyOneSkeletor- if you look closely at the inner ring of the tail, I'll bet you'll see the ring is cracked, most likely at one of two spots where the ring is thinnest. That means you can push the tail in but that it'll fall right back out again because that ring is meant to hold the tail in place.
    hey buddy!yeah i've seen your Grana pictures,and the answer is no!it's just not broken at all,which is even worse actually.
    so i'm hopeless having a good one by trying to return mine,i'm a french resident and i remember how high was the phone bill when i had to call them about Photog lens.besides customs fees i might have to pay once more (40 euros) i guess you hear me now...i think i'll be requesting some toy repairman to solve it out (if that's possible of course) or possibly glue it,if it turns out being obsessional which i doubt.man i'm telling you,i was one of the biggest Motuc supporters,those days are gone.

Both shoulder joints on mine keep the arms on, but are loose enough that the arms pop off when I try to rotate them. Since I don't plan on moving him a whole lot, I don't plan on calling over and sending him back.

...sadly, I must report that the plug in connector for the tail on my Granamyr was indeed broken.

We need a new option for the tail port and something else being broken. My tail port is broken and my neck peg was unseated and sitting too high, resulting in a bobble head.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    We need a new option for the tail port and something else being broken. My tail port is broken and my neck peg was unseated and sitting too high, resulting in a bobble head.
    I looked, but couldn't figure out how to add an option. Maybe someone could help me out?

Snappy Threader
    No problems here.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    same here i hate to say

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    as i said on another topic, gum works pretty fine in this case,you should try buddie

No broken tail joint, but mine does have the arm problem.
    His left arm pops out when you rotate it.
    -BEAU

Greyskull's Army

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Got mine today and his right shoulder will not hold the arm in. You move his arm at all and it pops out.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Sad to see that some are having QC issues on another high priced item, but happy to say that mine is flawless. I was very careful in lining up the pegs with the shapes of the holes and pushing them straight in because I was so paranoid about breaking them; I'm sure most customers are equally as paranoid and equally as careful, so I'm not sure if I just lucked out, but I'm hoping (for Mattel's sake) that as these numbers add up, it only turns out to be a small fraction of the lot was messed up.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

The left arm on mine will fall off if you attempt to move the arm up and down. You can pop it into place and it will stay in, but any movement pops the arm out of the socket. I just have him in a meditation pose with his arms, but it is pretty sad that I can't move the left arm. The right arm is fine.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

My Granamyr's left arm always pops out everytime I move it!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Mine has the same problem, I'm still debating if I should return him and deal with all the hassles or glue him up. This really suck!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I looked, but couldn't figure out how to add an option. Maybe someone could help me out?
    I don't believe there is a way to change options after you post a poll, I forgot one thing once and had to delete the entire thread, but luckily I caught it before anyone posted or voted.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't believe there is a way to change options after you post a poll, I forgot one thing once and had to delete the entire thread, but luckily I caught it before anyone posted or voted.
    Well if any one has the multiple issues, hopefully they'll post the second option, and then explain in the comments that they also have other issues. I think it's more important to show the pervasiveness of the worst issue, since problems like this are usually (and in this case apparently already are) disregarded as an isolated incident. That or maybe someone else can make a new poll. If someone does that, then please advertise around the board, or else this issue has a good chance of being just another cassualty of the "not a high enough number of figures with this issue to warrent a response, let alone an action" "management" mentality.

Hey Mattel and brand management: It's the factory's responsibility to make these things correctly. If they screw up, then guess what? It's supposed to be their dollar that fixes it. If you buy it from them, then guess what? It's going to be your dollar that fixes it. Either get a new manufacturer, or tighten up on your factory QC. Unless of course it really falls back on you guys for faulty design, in which case, you should own up to your mistakes, because the Mattel way of dealing with these issues, couple with DR in general, and the QC issues themselves, are what're driving folks away from subs; most of them are not leaving because of price or any other reason. Also, if that's the case, then you may want to see to downgrading the description of your test facility from "world class" because the line they're giving their approval on is now the laughing stock of the toy world in almost every area except sculpt, and it's all due to QC issues and managements response. In other words, their screw ups are making you look bad ... very bad. And your response to their screw ups are making you look even worse. It's a sword that cuts coming and going.

PS Digital River sucks.

Left shoulder
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    So far mine is fine. I finally opened him up earlier tonight (I got him and the rest of my recent Matty items earlier this week, but hadn't opened any of them until earlier tonight) and I put him together. Everything is staying together fine, I can move his tail, arms, legs, etc, and nothing is falling off or seeming to be out of place. Hopefully he stays this way!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by BEAU View Post
    No broken tail joint, but mine does have the arm problem.
    His left arm pops out when you rotate it.
    Same with me...and not really something you can take a picture of.

Court Magician
    plug connector for right arm
    I Am No Widget! Lurking since 02! TeelasRealDaddy, MegsTriggerman v.1 ... shame I keep getting deleted!

Megstriggerman Trader Review