Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last chance to lock in Presale benefits on Castle Grayskull

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar

Last chance to lock in Presale benefits on Castle Grayskull

Hey! Happy holidays all! Hope everyone is enjoying some wonderful time with their loved ones and quality time with their toys collection. I got my hands on some early 2013 product right before break and let me just tell you, King He-Man is my new favorite figure in the line. He is just so much fun. Old man with sword kick you're butt good! Seriously. 2013 is going to be an amazing MOTUC year!

Ok, I digress...

As we wrap up the year what I wanted to post about was one last shout out on the Castle Grayskull preorder. While we hit our min back in Nov., you only have until Jan 3 to lock in Presale benefits such as:

-$250.00 price point. The castle will only go up from here for any future presale deadlines or day of sales. Expect significant price increases if you do not preorder. Likely around $300.00 for day of sales.

-Only presale customers will get the exclusive cross sell poster. We started some early work on it. In addition to using the current look of the back panel cross sell and photos, we are going to position all of the figures in roughly chronological order in the MOTUC Cannon. We'll also throw in some call out for significant events (like the Great Unrest or the Battle of Grayskull Fields) to help make the poster also a time line of events as well. Really think this is going to come out cool!

-Only presale customers will get to participate in the box art character selection poll. We'll be emailing all presale customers later in Q1 next year with codes to let them vote for 5 good guys and 5 bad guys to be attacking/protecting the Castle.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the presale to date~! We are going forward and it is because of you. The fans did this one. I just want to make sure everyone is clear on what expires on Jan 3 in case anyone is still on the fence on this one.

Oh, and since I know everyone likes updates, Granamyr is going awesome. He is still in stock but looks to be on the way to selling out. We're getting the final shipment in so all orders should now be going out as the come in. Thanks for supporting this one! And no, no word right now on a green repaint. If you are passing on the current one to wait for a repaint, that really isn't in the cards. He is selling out, but not at the rate that would justify a redeco due to the high price point and low quota. This is pretty much THE Granamyr we'll be making right now.

Okay enough for now. It's been a great 2012 and as I mentioned above, 2013 just has so much goodness. Just on the horizon are such awesome figs as Ram Man, Jitsu and Snakeface. Lots more surprises in store. Your support keeps this going!

Happy holidays again and see you all on the forums next year!~

Scott
    Last edited by Toyguru; December 27, 2012 at 12:56am.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Thanks for the heads-up Scott!

Happy New Year to you and yours as well!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Hope there's enough Granamyr stock left to replace all the defective ones being sent out.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

(In other words) Buy the damn red Dragon and paint him green people....otherwise ya ain't gettin 'im
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

How about an update on the QC issues that are being reported with Granmyr? Asking us to spend $250 for an item when an $80 item is coming with a bunch of issues just doesn't seem right. Spend more money with us but we not guarantee any sort of QC.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    (In other words) Buy the damn red Dragon and paint him green people....otherwise ya ain't gettin 'im
    Oh and don't forget to buy a pack of Super-Glue...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Any defective Granamyr (or any Matty item) can be returned or exchanged at no cost. All MOTUC figures are assembled and painted by hand. There will always be human error which is why we will always replace product if defective.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    How about an update on the QC issues that are being reported with Granmyr? Asking us to spend $250 for an item when an $80 item is coming with a bunch of issues just doesn't seem right. Spend more money with us but we not guarantee any sort of QC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Any defective Granamyr (or any Matty item) can be returned or exchanged at no cost. All MOTUC figures are assembled and painted by hand. There will always be human error which is why we will always replace product if defective.
    Human error isn't the cause of that breakage, if it is....what were these guys sticking in Granny's bum? Because he's an unassembled figure, and the breakage is in his....butt....sorry tail....hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Oh and don't forget to buy a pack of Super-Glue...
    Yeah, forgot about that....hopefully mine won't be broken, but I'm not holding my breath, that is, when I finally get the damn thing, still no notice....I'd like to pay for mine before I get billed for the sub....would be nice.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 27, 2012 at 01:45am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yet Granamyr isn't assembled, and still has design/machine/material QC issues!!! Why?

Yet Granamyr isn't assembled, and still has design/machine/material QC issues!!! Why?
    Just another case of ignoring the real question for some garbage answer. Same with the just call CS to return a hoverboard, great to hear that's how it should be to bad the DR CS doesn't know that.

How about having the QC checks in order when the products are being made so that these issues don't arise. Backwards limbs, miss assembled joint sockets, not packing in the promo 6" hoverboard the list goes on and on, but the answer is errors happen. They just happen too often on matty products and the higher up ont seem to realize it or care.

J

Well, I should have said: Fully assembled, sorry, but still, the dilemma remains... The thing is, someone has to pay for all these unacceptable mistakes, and it shouldn't be the consumer!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Granamyrs joints are just not very well constructed. A design mistake i guess. Just send them all the defective ones back, so maybe they take a look to improve in the future?Maybe? No? Ok, i thought so.
    Also for me it was clear from the outset that we wonīt get a green repaint. We also didnīt get a flocked Panthor yet,soEmpty promises as always.

Okay enough for now. It's been a great 2012 and as I mentioned above, 2013 just has so much goodness. Just on the horizon are such awesome figs as Ram Man, Jitsu and Snakeface.
    More excited for the awesomeness that is Netossa, Fang Man, Octavia, and NA He-Man.

I know how tough it can be to throw us POP and NA fans a bone now and then, but we DO appreciate it, and you're right - our support does keep the line going
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Also for me it was clear from the outset that we wonīt get a green repaint. We also didnīt get a flocked Panthor yet,soEmpty promises as always.
    What promise?

I don't remember there ever being a 'promise' for either green Granymyr OR Flocked panthor.

Maybe, possibly, someday... isn't a promise.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    More excited for the awesomeness that is Netossa, Fang Man, Octavia, and NA He-Man.

I know how tough it can be to throw us POP and NA fans a bone now and then, but we DO appreciate it, and you're right - our support does keep the line going
    Bravo! Yeah we 'all Inners' do a Great Job keeping it afloat...what with wanting AND buying all the Figures!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Bravo! Yeah we 'all Inners' do a Great Job keeping it afloat...what with wanting AND buying all the Figures!
    Heck yeah!!!

Ain't no shame in Lovin' it all!!!!

Still waiting on that Sweet Bee though. Don't we get He-Man's girlfriend?? . He's lonely, Scott.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

You're saucy. I like that.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

For some reason I thought that the voting, poster, and such were for those who preordered before Nov 13.

Thanks for supporting this one! And no, no word right now on a green repaint. If you are passing on the current one to wait for a repaint, that really isn't in the cards. He is selling out, but not at the rate that would justify a redeco due to the high price point and low quota. This is pretty much THE Granamyr we'll be making right now.

Couldn't you consider a pre-order to see how much demand is actually out there ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What promise?

I don't remember there ever being a 'promise' for either green Granymyr OR Flocked panthor.

Maybe, possibly, someday... isn't a promise.
    The possibilty were promissed. Now even the possibility seems to be from the table despite the good sells.

Heroic Warrior
    Aaah ! I KNEW Toyguru wouldn't resist to come here and give us his last commercial arguments in favour of Castle Grayskull ! At least, that's an minute adverstisement that he's done on his own !

But in the same time, he's minimizing the Granamyr problem ! Ooooh, and don't we know that Matty's Customer service is SUCH a "competent" one, which will always replace your defective figure !?

Hum... And by the way, since QC issues are supposedly "unavoidable", what will be the $250 Castle Grayskull's QC issues, then ?

I wonder how all of these issues, blunders and broken promises will weigh on the fabled "fan-demanded 2014 subscription"...

As a holidays gift, can you give us some hints on the upcoming surprises?

Thanks for the update TG. I was wondering how to vote for my five choice box-art warriors (Goddess, MAA vs Dragon Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Blast Attak) and was fearful I'd miss my chance by 3rd January. Glad to see its not open yet.

I see everyone noticed only vintage figures made Scott's list. I cannot wait for Jitsu, Fang Man, Netossa and the Fighting Foe Men!

2012 has been such a great year that I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2013 line up - especially given how it was selected ahead of the disappointing subscription. I hope 2013 maintains a good diversity before we move to vintage centric in 2014.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For some reason I thought that the voting, poster, and such were for those who preordered before Nov 13.
    Everything is until it isn't with this line.

Also, I think ToyGuru needs to weigh in a little more on the Granamyr issue. This is definitely not a few isolated cases. Oh wait...he will...once we provide him 20,000 pictures proving to him that it isn't just a couple vocal minorities.

That is correct. I need photos to show visually the extent of an issue to the right folks. I started a thread just for that to help out.