Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last chance to lock in Presale benefits on Castle Grayskull

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Why make photos? Just send the defective Dragons back so they can take a look for themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For some reason I thought that the voting, poster, and such were for those who preordered before Nov 13.
    I had thought so too but it was always Jan.3
    The minimum needed to be reached in November to move on...but the preorder/poster/voting was always available until January.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Why make photos? Just send the defective Dragons back so they can take a look for themself.
    I think the problem is that there are a lot of people like me who are just so fed up, we don't care any more. Returns are such a hassle, and then as others have found out, you're just as likely to get a replacement with the same defect. So why bother? Same with pics. Why bother? What if EVERYBODY had a defective Granamyr and Scott received literally 8,000 unique photos? Would Matty really do anything? They'd issue another canned response to the effect of "QC Issues are an unavoidable occurance with any mass-produced item, unfortunately we are in no position to re-cast the dragons and the best we can do is offer refunds".

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    If I'm not willing to pay $250, why would I be willing to pay $300? And a poster is not worth it to me.

As for Granamyr, I was going to buy him when I get paid next week, but all of the QC issues have scared me away.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    If you get one that is in anyway defective it will be exchanged for free.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I think the problem is that there are a lot of people like me who are just so fed up, we don't care any more. Returns are such a hassle, and then as others have found out, you're just as likely to get a replacement with the same defect. So why bother? Same with pics. Why bother? What if EVERYBODY had a defective Granamyr and Scott received literally 8,000 unique photos? Would Matty really do anything? They'd issue another canned response to the effect of "QC Issues are an unavoidable occurance with any mass-produced item, unfortunately we are in no position to re-cast the dragons and the best we can do is offer refunds".
    You paid 80$ for this figure, I would ship it to Mattel. Everyone deserve a flawless figure for this price. There are also reports of fine figures, so not all are damaged, but some. I cannot say more, because I'm not interested in this character, but it's too much $$$ to have a defective figure at home.

Heroic Warrior
    I already pre-ordered one, but had every intention of pre-ordering one or two more.

After seeing the terrible way Granymyr has turned out (look at the arrival thread - one "mine was fine" to every three "mine was broken or has defects" - not to mention he just looks very cheap for an $80 toy), the fact that the Hoverboard turned out so poorly that Bob Gale apologized for endorsing it, and in general how things seem to be going - I won't be ordering any additional units, and I am already wary that I will be spending the next year wondering how Mattel will manage to mess up the one I am already committed to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Couldn't you consider a pre-order to see how much demand is actually out there ?
    Apparently the only thing they will EVER do is a preorder for is CG--(sorry vehicles, beasts,etc). Honestly, with all ideas/suggestions from fans being shot down by Matty, I can see why people are getting SOOOOOO frustrated now (and I usually see the glass half full). At the end of the day it definitely feels like we are the lepers of the toy community sometimes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I already pre-ordered one, but had every intention of pre-ordering one or two more.

After seeing the terrible way Granymyr has turned out (look at the arrival thread - one "mine was fine" to every three "mine was broken or has defects" - not to mention he just looks very cheap for an $80 toy), the fact that the Hoverboard turned out so poorly that Bob Gale apologized for endorsing it, and in general how things seem to be going - I won't be ordering any additional units, and I am already wary that I will be spending the next year wondering how Mattel will manage to mess up the one I am already committed to buy.
    After all those issues, I decided to pass on CG and the Granamyr situation make it even worse. I will never give Mattel blindly so much $$$... I would be so angry, if the castle arrives and there are certain things missing or broken.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    After all those issues, I decided to pass on CG and the Granamyr situation make it even worse. I will never give Mattel blindly so much $$$... I would be so angry, if the castle arrives and there are certain things missing or broken.
    Yeah, Gran makes me worry about bad quality control and poor construction, and the fact Bob Gale has had to publicly apologize for his involvement with the Hoverboard because he was embarrassed it turned out so bad makes me worry about Mattel design so much - I almost wish I hadn't ordered even the one I did.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    ...the fact Bob Gale has had to publicly apologize for his involvement with the Hoverboard because he was embarrassed it turned out so bad...
    Seriously? I totally missed this! Where is this posted/articulated? It doesn't surprise me, but I'd love to see this.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    But it's not free. Yes, I don't have to put any money down, but I have to spend the time dealing with Digital River, making sure they ship the replacement to the correct address (I moved last month and two phone calls, an email, and changing my address on the site did not stop them from shipping my Dec subs to my old address), finding time to send the defective one back, etc. I don't have time for that bs anymore, especially when I can order a Figuarts from Amazon, get free second day delivery, I know where it is going to be shipped to, with maybe a .01% chance of the figure being defective, all within a minute. And if the figure is defective, I just fill out a form, Amazon sends me a replacement immediately and I have 30 days to get the defective one back to them.

For example, my Elasti-Girl's arm just broke at the bicep. I hadn't even had her opened for more than 2 weeks and it turned out the arm was melted onto the bicep peg. I had to email Digital River about the issue, then I called them and was told I would be sent instructions in an email. I got the email, I also asked them if it will be shipped to my new address, but they were unsure. That was on Sat I got the email and I am still waiting on both shipping confirmation that a replacement has been shipped, confirmation that the replacement is being shipped to the correct address, and the UPS label to send the defective one back. I should NOT have to go through this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    Seriously? I totally missed this! Where is this posted/articulated? It doesn't surprise me, but I'd love to see this.
    Who is Bob Gale and what is wrong with the hover board?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The clock is ticking, so get your orders in! And share this video to help spread the word.

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Ugh, I'm so tempted to get Castle Grayskull, but I just don't have the dough right now! I would have to eat Ramen noodles for a whole month, lol! It looks soooooo pretty from the artwork and design specs! I will eventually get it, probably on the secondary market since it will probably be cheaper there.

I can't wait until people start posting pics of it!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Ugh, I'm so tempted to get Castle Grayskull, but I just don't have the dough right now! I would have to eat Ramen noodles for a whole month, lol! It looks soooooo pretty from the artwork and design specs! I will eventually get it, probably on the secondary market since it will probably be cheaper there.

I can't wait until people start posting pics of it!
    I'm sure you know that you don't actually have to pay for it until it ships in 2013, right? So if you don't have the dough right now, you have approximately a year to save it up.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    More excited for the awesomeness that is Netossa, Fang Man, Octavia, and NA He-Man.

I know how tough it can be to throw us POP and NA fans a bone now and then, but we DO appreciate it, and you're right - our support does keep the line going
    Man, you and me both! Always a pleasure to hear more support for the other factions!

Sweet Bee in 2013!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    The clock is ticking, so get your orders in! And share this video to help spread the word.
    *pauses at 7 seconds*

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    My time isn't free, any more than yours is. Digital River makes exchanges/returns a HUGE pain in the rear. And to be honest, I think you guys do it on purpose. That way you can dissuade a majority to just "deal with it".

I've had few issues with any other line I collect. But the biggest difference has been that on the RARE occassion I do get a defect, the return process is easy and painless.

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I'm sure you know that you don't actually have to pay for it until it ships in 2013, right? So if you don't have the dough right now, you have approximately a year to save it up.
    Really? I was under the impression this was a "pay it and we make it" setup?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    http://www.bttf.com/bob-gale-says-ma...ggs-at-him.php

Darn, I hope Castle Grayskull won't meet the same disappointing fate, I ordered two when it went on sale!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Darn, I hope Castle Grayskull won't meet the same disappointing fate, I ordered two when it went on sale!
    I know. It's everything I can do to not imagine what such a letter a year from now from the 4H after they put their reputations on the line for Grayskull would be like.

For all of us, I hope to heck that it's amazing, but the pragmatic, realist in me looks at how Granymyr has ended up, and how the Hoverboard ended up, and cannot help but wonder. I mean, it's unprecedented - someone who is in the inner circle of a franchise coming out and completely disowning a licensed product - I cannot think of a similar situation. And the same thing being said about Gran and Hoverboard - Bob Gale said it feels like a $70 product, and people saying Gran feels more like a $40-50 quality product. Are people going to be saying a year from now that Grayskull feels like $125 product?

The problem with this is the hassle, we the customers, have to go through to do this. Not many trust the competency of the Customer Service, anymore. You wouldn't believe how many phone calls and emails I had to make just to change my address. It's absurd.

The only thing that comes out of this is a learning lesson.........Do not buy product from Mattel that costs more than $40 on Mattycollector because there will be a problem with it. $70 Stay Puft and now $80 Granamyr. I can't wait to see what goes wrong with Castle Grayskull......maybe the drawbridge won't fully close and it will always have to stay open.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

It's pretty much a guarantee that something significant will be amiss with the castle when it comes out. It may be a big issue, or it may be a small issue. But when they can't even get a standard, small figure correct, 75% of which is reused parts, how are they going to get a 100% newly tooled massive item perfect? Ain't gonna happen. But if you are ok with that, you should order it. If you aren't, don't buy it. I think it's best for those still on the fence to go into it assuming there will be a moderate problem with it that many people will have. If you have to have a perfect castle for the $250, you are very unlikely to get it.

I did not order one. I also passed on Granamyr, and that looks to have been a wise decision.

I know. It's everything I can do to not imagine what such a letter a year from now from the 4H after they put their reputations on the line for Grayskull would be like.

For all of us, I hope to heck that it's amazing, but the pragmatic, realist in me looks at how Granymyr has ended up, and how the Hoverboard ended up, and cannot help but wonder. I mean, it's unprecedented - someone who is in the inner circle of a franchise coming out and completely disowning a licensed product - I cannot think of a similar situation. And the same thing being said about Gran and Hoverboard - Bob Gale said it feels like a $70 product, and people saying Gran feels more like a $40-50 quality product. Are people going to be saying a year from now that Grayskull feels like $125 product?
    I'm wondering--if CG turns out to be a fiasco--wouldn't they give us the option to cancel our orders like they did for the Hoverboard?
    I still think CG is going to be great, but if it's not can you imagine the uproar that will ensue (it scares me to think about it)?