Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Last chance to lock in Presale benefits on Castle Grayskull

In regards to the Clawful and Buzz-Off heads, does anyone know if the 4H only sculpted one head for each? They often sculpt extra things that get cut or dont make the final product, so who is to say that they didnt have a more updated head for these figures and they were not chose by Mattel Design over the more vintage counterparts that we got on the final product. I really dont know if this is the case or not, but it could be.

Castle Grayskull is going to be so overwhelming at first,its flaws will go unnoticed for awhile IMO. I just want it so bad. If it does suffer from production flaws we will just have to suck it up like always. Btw I just realized it will be here in less than a year!!!!! 2013 is going to be crazy good.

Well...

I cannot believe I waited this long...but I finally ordered one. I was holding out for more of a reveal but I guess the next one wont be until NYTF.

I am putting confidence into this one. I mean is there really that much they can screw up...

It's only $288.53

What's $300.00??
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    ^Castle Grayskull is sort of the 'Make or Break' for me as far as Matty/Digital River are concerned. I will use it to determine whether or not I want to keep collecting MOTUC.
    But CG is not released until end of the year and chances are that MOTUC will not live longer than that. Without MOTUC, Mattycollector is nothing since all the other lines have been fouled up to death by the usual incompetence.

I held out as well... I really couldn't justify spending almost $300 on something that will stay in its box.

Well... I finally gave up and just pre-ordered one. We are all addicts and MOTUC is our drug.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I caved in and ordered as well. I hope it meets expectations for $300.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I dont know...I just cant imagine everybody getting their CG and taking pictures and having it on display and loving it and me sitting here thinking...dang...I shoulda got that!

There is no way I am gonna keep this in the box!!!! Its friggin CG!!! It needs to be free!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    In regards to the Clawful and Buzz-Off heads, does anyone know if the 4H only sculpted one head for each? They often sculpt extra things that get cut or dont make the final product, so who is to say that they didnt have a more updated head for these figures and they were not chose by Mattel Design over the more vintage counterparts that we got on the final product. I really dont know if this is the case or not, but it could be.
    This is kind of what I mean... When mattel screws up, They're evil manipulative liars only interested in screwing us over... At BEST

When the horsemen do something wrong (or in the case of cosmetics like head sculpts) They always get the benefit of the doubt.

When designing faces and designs... they will NEVER please everyone. That's something we can all accept. They just do the best that THEY want to do.

When characters are unable to sit on their mounts properly... Some figures get screwed over to 'preserve the ab crunch'... and others just toss out the crunch... When the women can't twist at the waist...

Those are pretty much the sculptor and design flaws...

There is a distinct possiblity that the Horsemen WILL make decisions that will NOT be 100% loved by everyone. If they keep talking about that extended jaw from the prototype I'LL be ticked...

Over all the castle will be awesome, but i WOULD like a little perspective from time to time

I'll admit I'm a LITTLE annoyed that TG has stated that the throne won't activate the trap door... For the life of me I can't figure out why NOT... We already HAVE the mechanical know-how to do it... and it worked FINE 30 years ago.

Point in fact as my castle fell apart over the years... the trap door was the LAST thing to break... O.o

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'll admit I'm a LITTLE annoyed that TG has stated that the throne won't activate the trap door... For the life of me I can't figure out why NOT... We already HAVE the mechanical know-how to do it... and it worked FINE 30 years ago.

Point in fact as my castle fell apart over the years... the trap door was the LAST thing to break... O.o
    Vat zee hell!!! A $250 playset won't have a simple feature like that is just mind boggling to say the least! For God's sake, Roboto's silly gears mechanism was even more complicated to figure out! Why they're cutting corners like that when they're asking for that kind of money!!!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Vat zee hell!!! A $250 playset won't have a simple feature like that is just mind boggling to say the least! For God's sake, Roboto's silly gears mechanism was even more complicated to figure out! Why they're cutting corners like that when they're asking for that kind of money!!!
    The trap door will be there... and open at last update, but it won't be the throne that does it.

I assume there'll be a button somewhere, but that hurts some of my nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I believe they've said they sculpted a Buzz-Off one (but I could be wrong), a third Bow head, and obviously the Grizzlor faceplate. I don't believe we've ever seen pictures of the Buzz-Off or Bow head though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Trying to decide rather or not to preorder a 2nd Castle Grayskull

Hi gang,

I've been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post.

I pre-ordered one Castle Grayskull back when it was first announced, but I've been weighing rather or not to buy a second one ever since and with less than 10 hours to go I still haven't made up my mind. If the Castle was as cool as I imagine it could be it would be really nice to have a second so I could display both the front and interior of the Castle, but without seeing more beyond the foam mock up and the intended blue prints I'm just not sure. I'm certain I'll be pleased having the Castle in my collection, but paying an extra $250+ for a second one could be disappointing if at the end of the day I'm only pleased instead of absolutely blown away. Is anyone else pondering this for themselves in the final hours?

Also I wonder why Mattel has to close the preorders this far in advance. I understand they need lead time and have to set their production numbers months in advance so they can order the correct quantity of raw materials, schedule factory time, etc, but why for the Castle do they need to close the preorders and set their numbers 11 months in advance while normally the subscription preorders and production numbers only need to be set about 4 months in advance. Subscription preorders end in Aug/Sep but are still ready to start shipping in January--why would this same preorder lead time also not be sufficient for the Castle? It seems like in this case it would have been smart if at the very least they'd left the preorders open through NY Toy Fair, so we could maybe see some type of actual Grayskull prototype and so that any of the more casual fans learning about Grayskull for the first time at Toy Fair could still get in on the preorder. It seems like it would be smart from a sells position to be able to tell people at/following Toy Fair "Go pre-order now!" instead of "You should have preordered last month so now you have to wait until December".

I hear ya about the "close date." Sometimes these dates and minimum sub deadlines basically seem like ultimatums that a controlling person might use to manipulate their boyfriend/girlfriend!

However, if you have the disposable income to spare, I would say go for it. ToyGuru and unofficial spokespersons claim that it will be amazing. And there are plenty of people NOT ordering it that will probably regret it -- meaning you can probably resell it easily!

I've just pre-ordered mine in the very last day! I hope it's going to worth it a lot! Just a bit scared about USA taxing...
    So so happy now!

Heroic Warrior
    I think I ordered the very last one. I had it sitting in my checkout cart, and didn't hit submit until 9:02am, but apparently it worked. I even checked another tab and it said "no longer available" on the main shop page before I hit submit.

No, not the last one, there'll be more available later, but at a higher price.

That's funny.
    When I was a kid, the first thing that broke, when my uncle and I were putting it together, was the trap door mechanism.
    Which really upset me, as that was my favorite advertised feature!!! But it was a blessing in disguise I guess because I spent a number of hours as a kid re-building that trap door mechanism such that it taught me, if a toy breaks, you've got an opportunity to fix it or maybe even make it better.

None of that has anything to do with why Mattel won't make the throne activate the trap door. It should!
    But for me personally? I just want the trap door to work, I don't really care how it works.
    Last edited by Baena; January 4, 2013 at 12:28pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

This is kind of what I mean... When mattel screws up, They're evil manipulative liars only interested in screwing us over... At BEST

When the horsemen do something wrong (or in the case of cosmetics like head sculpts) They always get the benefit of the doubt.

When designing faces and designs... they will NEVER please everyone. That's something we can all accept. They just do the best that THEY want to do.

When characters are unable to sit on their mounts properly... Some figures get screwed over to 'preserve the ab crunch'... and others just toss out the crunch... When the women can't twist at the waist...

Those are pretty much the sculptor and design flaws...

There is a distinct possiblity that the Horsemen WILL make decisions that will NOT be 100% loved by everyone. If they keep talking about that extended jaw from the prototype I'LL be ticked...

Over all the castle will be awesome, but i WOULD like a little perspective from time to time

I agree with this. The 4H cannot do any wrong! But seriously, it is Mattels choice on how to present their product and provide directive to their employees, the 4H. So ultimately the final figures always fall on Mattels shoulders. If they didnt like Buzz-Offs face, they could have told the 4H to change it. I feel the same about my job, I can only do what my employer allows or directs me to do.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Baena;3182341]That's funny.
    When I was a kid, the first thing that broke, when my uncle and I were putting it together, was the trap door mechanism.
    QUOTE]

For me, it was the 'lever' part of the jawbridge. I can only imagine I tried to recreate tne minicomic scene where it closes and flips he-man inside or something... but I went YEARS with that little lever broken...

Next was probably the elevator. I have VERY few memories of the elevator....

Snappy Threader
    And they took it down. i hope everyone that wanted one, got one. I look forward to an amazing set.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    But CG is not released until end of the year and chances are that MOTUC will not live longer than that. Without MOTUC, Mattycollector is nothing since all the other lines have been fouled up to death by the usual incompetence.
    I think we will get 2014 and maybe even 2015, People (most--not all) want these figures so bad I think they're even willing to overlook qc issues and DR problems .

i ordered mine last night. i had made a deal with a guy to get me one, which he said he did, but then he disappeared on me and i haven't heard from him in over a month. i didn't want to miss out so my mother (don't laugh) was nice enough to let me use her credit card becuase i don't have one. but, her card expires in april, so do i just call when she gets the new card or can i just update my matty account online? i'm starting to think it's not meant for me to get one.
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    i ordered mine last night. i had made a deal with a guy to get me one, which he said he did, but then he disappeared on me and i haven't heard from him in over a month. i didn't want to miss out so my mother (don't laugh) was nice enough to let me use her credit card becuase i don't have one. but, her card expires in april, so do i just call when she gets the new card or can i just update my matty account online? i'm starting to think it's not meant for me to get one.
    The "My subscription" page should be up next week according to TG's recent posts on the matter.
    You'll be able to adjust it from there. If it works as planned.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    And they took it down. i hope everyone that wanted one, got one.
    But no worries for those who passed.

It should be on Walmart shelves at around $98.97 in a couple of years.