Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Jitsu Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Jitsu Video Review by Pixel Dan

Sorry for the delay...the Jitsu video is finally here! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Wow! I'm so pleased with the MOTUC Jitsu figure. So glad he has those updates. I feel he is going to be a new favorite bad guy.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

The head can be reused now as a second head for Ninjor...he has the same hair clip as Ninjor in the 80's when you pulled off the hood.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Great review as always!
    The armor orb buttons are a nice detail that makes these toys vibrant.
    Excited for this figure and the possibility of Jitsu on Nightstalker jousting Fisto Stridor.

Too bad the hand ain't removable for reenactments to how Jitsu lost his hand.

Very nice sculpt, but at $27 each for cherry pickers I just feel a whole lot more undecided for each release now, but that's my problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent review. Great figure ! I'll buy it ! No hesitation !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    The head can be reused now as a second head for Ninjor...he has the same hair clip as Ninjor in the 80's when you pulled off the hood.
    I really hope not. The vintage Ninjor and Jitsu didn't share the same head sculpt, I'd hate that they'd get lazy on the MOTUC version.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Nice figure, the headsculpt is too stylized for my taste, but it's acceptable and I'm happy that no vac metal was used, I think it looks cheap on action figures...

Heroic Warrior
    Very bad idea ! 80's MOTU Ninjor had a UNIQUE-sculpted head that was different from Jitsu. I won't accept anything less for MOTUC. MOTUC Ninjor MUST have a unique head. If not, I won't buy him.

Parts reuse is OK in SOME cases, but certainly not in the case of reused head/face common to Jitsu and Ninjor.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Nice to hear you being positive! I know QC is a big issue for you, but it is refreshing to hear enthusiasm despite your usual concerns.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Dan, the weapons of the staction fits well on Motuc ,I mean in scale and on the slots in his back?
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Great review Dan and Great figure! Definitely up there in my top 5. The only real let down the the absence of a Classicized 200x belt like Fisto had, I feel this would have completed this figure. I also really hope we get the weapons in 200x colours in a weapons pak as I much prefer them in those realistic colours.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Hey Dan! Nice review as always
    Could you please try Carnivous' cape with Jitsu? I'd really love to see whether it would look good on him.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great review Dan and Great figure! Definitely up there in my top 5. The only real let down the the absence of a Classicized 200x belt like Fisto had, I feel this would have completed this figure. I also really hope we get the weapons in 200x colours in a weapons pak as I much prefer them in those realistic colours.
    That's exactly how I feel.

Nevetheless, Jitsu is awesome. Can´t wait!!!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I would think using the same head would be a VERY bad idea on a racial level

AWESOME review Dan! Thanks for sharing it as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    I really hope not. The vintage Ninjor and Jitsu didn't share the same head sculpt, I'd hate that they'd get lazy on the MOTUC version.
    [IF] Ninjor even gets made... as he has only a small somewhat vocal following.
    I personally will be VERY upset if Ninjor does not get made... but if Ninjor gets made, I honestly expect a hooded head solid sculpt, and "very [VERY] slim maybe" also include an unmasked head... I honestly dont expect the second unmasked head to be honest, as he will new a big new sculpted compound bow, and Nunchucks weapon made and basically Jitsu's sword an they "might" throw in the Kama's also. As when you think Ninja,s you do tend to think alot of gear. But personally, I would rather have some throwing stars sculpted like he is about to throw 3 at a time or something to pop into his hand.

Dan:
    If it isn't too much to ask, can you do a pic of Jitsu wearing the Space Ace leg guards and left hand guard? (Cause I wanna know if it works as a "Classicized 200X look" for him)

On Ninjor:
    No shared heads with Jitsu. Not only it would be "racist", but it would be too lazy for a figure that is pretty much a reuse of already made parts.
    Only the head(s) is/are needed. His torso "shirt" could be the same as PD He-Man or Demo Man's with a Dragon Tampographed on it.
    Bow, Arrow, nunchucks would be the new things needed.
    I also support the idea of Ninjor getting a Kunai or shurinken set to be placed on his throwing hand.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Very bad idea ! 80's MOTU Ninjor had a UNIQUE-sculpted head that was different from Jitsu. I won't accept anything less for MOTUC. MOTUC Ninjor MUST have a unique head. If not, I won't buy him.

Parts reuse is OK in SOME cases, but certainly not in the case of reused head/face common to Jitsu and Ninjor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I would think using the same head would be a VERY bad idea on a racial level
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    AWESOME review Dan! Thanks for sharing it as always!

[IF] Ninjor even gets made... as he has only a small somewhat vocal following.
    I personally will be VERY upset if Ninjor does not get made... but if Ninjor gets made, I honestly expect a hooded head solid sculpt, and "very [VERY] slim maybe" also include an unmasked head... I honestly dont expect the second unmasked head to be honest, as he will new a big new sculpted compound bow, and Nunchucks weapon made and basically Jitsu's sword an they "might" throw in the Kama's also. As when you think Ninja,s you do tend to think alot of gear. But personally, I would rather have some throwing stars sculpted like he is about to throw 3 at a time or something to pop into his hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Dan:
    If it isn't too much to ask, can you do a pic of Jitsu wearing the Space Ace leg guards and left hand guard? (Cause I wanna know if it works as a "Classicized 200X look" for him)

On Ninjor:
    No shared heads with Jitsu. Not only it would be "racist", but it would be too lazy for a figure that is pretty much a reuse of already made parts.
    Only the head(s) is/are needed. His torso "shirt" could be the same as PD He-Man or Demo Man's with a Dragon Tampographed on it.
    Bow, Arrow, nunchucks would be the new things needed.
    I also support the idea of Ninjor getting a Kunai or shurinken set to be placed on his throwing hand.
    Well the head they put on Jitsu is a "classicized" Ninjor unmasked...it is a far step from the original Jitsu head, which WAS different from Ninjor, they are a lot closer now to looking the same, if Ninjor comes with two heads, masked and unmasked, they could just "tweek" Jitsu head and have a great Ninjor unmaksed.

Ninjor being one of the few remaning figures that still shares parts, he will show up in 2014. Mattel will be spending quite a lot on "unique" bodies (Mantenna / Two Bad / Dragstor / Stone People / Saurod / Horde Troopers / Extendar etc) with next years line up - they are going to be looking for cost saving choices. Ninjor is about 85% re-use of what exists already - he is a given.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Well the head they put on Jitsu is a "classicized" Ninjor unmasked...it is a far step from the original Jitsu head, which WAS different from Ninjor, they are a lot closer now to looking the same, if Ninjor comes with two heads, masked and unmasked, they could just "tweek" Jitsu head and have a great Ninjor unmaksed.
    I don't see it, really. Hair styles aside, there really isn't anything of resemblance between Ninjor's head and either of Jitsus.

Willing to bet one of the reasons Jitsu was given such a weathered face this time around was so it wouldn't be confused with Ninjor when they get to him, who'll probably have a smoother, younger look.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Are you feeling okay?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

But....come on Prahvus, dont disappoint. I am kidding. I really like this guy, but the head just looks a little too small for me. I also find it funny they give a guy with one hand to hold a weapon 3 weapons and Netossa doesnt get her sword. I really do like this figure though.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I think he looks awesome and I can't wait. Also all this talk about Ninjor is actually getting me excited to see what they do when they actually make him. I would say he needs two heads since cloth is not a material used in classics.

Regardless this is Jitsu's time to shine and I cannot wait to add him to my evil warriors!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Worst figure in the entire line!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The curved blade weapons are known as kama.

As for as Jitsu, he was a figure I had as a kid and am happy to include him into my collection of Evil Warriors. I, too, would have enjoyed a gold vac-chromed hand as well as having the blades on his weapons painted silver instead of orange. But these are small details that will not deter me from purchasing Jitsu.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!