Thread: MOTUC Cephas aka the Falconer, and others

MOTUC Cephas aka the Falconer, and others

Bio: Cephas aka Falconer. Ancestor of the current Man-at-arms Duncan, and his brother Malcom, aka Fisto. Cephas is the last of the practicing falconers. Thought to be inhumane, the practice is not outlawed, but it is looked down upon and thought of as barbaric, due to the practice of stealing a young falcon from it's nest, and also that of keeping it blindfolded until a hunt. Cephas however, rescued a mother and her nest from rival falcons, (or some other such cliched story) and now the falcon, named ______, is not only endeared to him, but she also raises falcons that are reliant and freindly toward humans. Cephas had the great sword forged of a special, and rare material, that is very strong, but also lighter than any other metal. Cephas' sword, headgear and belt were later discovered by Duncan, and given to Malcom as a gift. Sure, why not.

I feel like it's just not finished yet. I can't figure out what to do to make him feel complete. : /

Malcom and Duncan's ancestor Cephas: aka Falconer. - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301

Powers of Greyskull display - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301

Other Customs and mixed and matches:

Bullet Head and Kaligar Horde members (need a couple of Horde armbands) - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301

Rocket Guards - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301

Mer-minion WIP 01 - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301

Mer-minion WIP 02 - http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/use...08918841632301
    Last edited by nicholighkun; December 30, 2012 at 01:35pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    lots of nice ideas, but cephas is totally the star of the bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    lots of nice ideas, but cephas is totally the star of the bunch!
    I could not agree more. This is 110% awesome!

I love the design and the paintjob. It makes the MAA armor look like leather.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    I could not agree more. This is 110% awesome!

I love the design and the paintjob. It makes the MAA armor look like leather.
    Thanks!

Yeah I was quite pleased to realize that the orange of the guards armor, underneath the brown, made it look like real leather, so I purposfully quite before making a totally brown coat. I was really excited when I realized this. Like I said though, somehow he still feels not quite perfect.

Also, the rocket guards need some work to make them match the PG's a little better. Right now they're just a simple mix-and-match.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    ..., somehow he still feels not quite perfect.
    Of course it is your project, but if was you, I wouldn't change a thing at the figure itself.

The gems on his sword could use a different color. Purple doesn't match with the rest of Cephas's weaponry IMO. Some copper or amber color could do the job.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    Of course it is your project, but if was you, I wouldn't change a thing at the figure itself.

The gems on his sword could use a different color. Purple doesn't match with the rest of Cephas's weaponry IMO. Some copper or amber color could do the job.
    I agree. I can't decie if I want to follow the blue of the harness, or the red of the whip and bird accessories. Red makes since, but I don't know. I haven't given it much thought in the past little while. Your suggestion sounds pretty cool. The only problem is that I can't paint the whip since it's that soft rubbery material, so it pretty much has to stay red, and I really like the way it looks hanging there. Plus it matches the bird accessories. Maybe I'll paint the gem on the harness, the stone of the sword, and the gem in his head band all red, to tie in the whip and bird stuff. I think that would look nice.

Widget
    I love the Cephus figure, and the Mer-minion looks like its gonna be great as well. I can't wait to see it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by freddyj19 View Post
    I love the Cephus figure, and the Mer-minion looks like its gonna be great as well. I can't wait to see it finished.
    lol. Thank you! Unfortunately, It's been in its current state for quite some time. I gave up trying to find a good way to seal the paint, since it scratches off WAY too easily. I found some spray sealer that works pretty good, but I don't seem to have the ability to commit to using it. : / I would really like to get it finished though, so maybe I'll get back too it soon.

Snappy Threader
    He looks very cool. Well done.

Great job on those Nich, I like!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Thanks! I appreciate it! I'm far from a real customizer, or else I might do more to him. The paint I used is cheap, but I'm definately happy with the way it turned out.