Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many factions do you recognize in MOTUC and who is leadership?

Heroic Warrior

How many factions do you recognize in MOTUC and who is leadership?

So how many factions do you recognize in Masters Of The Universe Classics and who do you consider the leadership or chain of command in each?

Masters ( all heroic warriors from vintage line, Filmation, Mini Comics, and MYP)

He-Man
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    King Miro
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela
    Sorceress

Evil Warriors

Skeletor
    Evil Lynn
    Karg

Great Rebellion

She-Ra/ Adora
    Queen Angella
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Sea Hawk

Evil Horde

Horde Prime
    Hordak
    Despera
    Shadow Weaver
    Catra

Snake Men

King Hsss
    Lady Slither
    Lord G’Rasp
    Rattlor

Galactic Guardians

Master Sebrian
    Darius
    Hydron
    Mara

Space Mutants

Flogg
    Crita
    Slush Head
    Hoove

Council of Evil ( all unaffiliated villains)

Shokoti
    Anti Eternia He-Man
    Count Marzo
    Prahvus

New Masters

Dare
    Kay-La
    Compactor
    Jet Pack

New Evil Warriors

Unnamed One
    Skeleteen

Powers of Grayskull

King Grayskull
    Veena
    He-Ro

I think there should be a second heroic faction or sub-faction to the regular heroic warriors.

Rana
    Dakon
    Hawke
    Garn

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    So how many factions do you recognize in Masters Of The Universe Classics and who do you consider the leadership or chain of command in each?
    I have put way more thought into this than I care to admit.

Heroic Warriors:
    For me, He-Man is not the leader of the "Masters" (who I prefer to think of as the Heroic Warriors, not the Masters of the Universe). Yes, he is always/often on the front line in battle, physically leading, but as far as tactically leading, giving guidance and direction to the Heroic Warriors, that role belongs to Man-at-Arms, followed by Teela.

Eternors Palace: Additionally, King Randor and Queen Marlena rule Eternos Palace as well as leading Randor's Eternian Council of Elders. Both Man-at-Arms and Teela fall under their rule, with Teela being the Captain of the Royal Guard.

Great Rebellion: Adora is the leader of the Great Rebellion, with Glimmer being her second-in-command, and Bow third.

Evil Warriors: For the villains, clearly Skeletor is the leader of the Evil Warriors, with Evil-Lyn as his second-in-command. I'm not sure who would be third in command, and yet I've always seen Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Faker and Evil-Lyn as being Skeletor's inner circle of warriors, with ruling power over the remaining Evil Warriors.

Evil Horde:
    Hordak rules the Horde in a Darth Vader capacity, with Horde Prime filling the Emporer role. I've always imagined that if Hordak was incapacitated, both Catra and Shadow Weaver would assume leadership, causing a split in loyalties among the remaining Horde members.

Snake Men:
    King Hiss rules the Snake Men, with Rattlor as second-in-command. But I've always seen Snake Face as assuming a shadowy control, Rasputin-like, over whomever takes King Hiss' place. I'm not clear on where Lady Slither fits in all this.

New Adventures: I won't comment on leadership with the Space Mutants or Galactic Protectors, as I'm not familiar enough to have an opinion.

Finally, I'd love it if there was a story where a bunch of independent villains and former Skeletor allies came together to form a new faction, ruled jointly by Count Marzo and Shokoti.

I'll edit to add: it would be an interesting dynamic if a second faction of heroic warriors would emerge on Eternia, comprised of heroes who don't want to answer to Randor/Man-at-Arms, and who take a more vigilante approach to dealing with the likes of Skeletor (i.e., are willing to resort to deadly violence). I'm not sure who would be a part of this team, although I could see a disenfranchised Zodak leading such a group. Maybe other team members could be the likes of Shield Maiden Sherrilyn, Dawg-o-Tor, Photog, etc.: z-listers who need a little fleshing out.
    Last edited by Wakko; December 27, 2017 at 11:58am.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Im gonna alter your list a bit

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post

Masters ( all heroic warriors from vintage line, Filmation, Mini Comics, and MYP)

He-Man
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    King Miro
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela
    Sorceress

Evil Warriors

Skeletor
    Evil Lynn
    Karg

Great Rebellion

She-Ra/ Adora
    Queen Angella
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Lighthope

Evil Horde

Horde Prime
    Hordak
    Despera
    Shadow Weaver
    Catra

Snake Men

Unnamed one
    King Hsss
    Lady slither- but under her leadership is the revenge squad
    Lord G’Rasp- i see him as the leader of the diabocial snakes ( i see this group as Ter-roar, Golden Rod, Vypor, Strech Nekk, Quick Flick) he escapes the 2ubg
    Rattlor

Galactic Guardians

Master Sebrian
    Darius
    Hydron
    Mara

Space Mutants

Flogg
    Slush Head
    Crita

Council of Evil ( all unaffiliated villains) - like this idea not sure who the leader should be, Maybe Anghast since he was the leader in filmation council of evil

Shokoti
    Count Marzo
    Prahvus

New Masters

Dare
    Kay-La

Defenders of Trolla- Not sure who should be leader here
    Compactor
    Brainwave

New Evil Warriors

Skeleteen
    Old evil-lyn
    old beastman

Powers of Grayskull

King Grayskull
    Veena
    He-Ro
    Eldor

Eternos
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Prince Adam (& Adora)
    Teela
    Man-At-Arms
    Lt. Andra
    Clamp Champ

Grayskull
    Sorceress
    He-Man / She-Ra

Avion
    Stratos
    Delora
    Hawke

Andreenos
    Queen Andreenos
    Buzz Off

Caligars
    Ceratus

The Kulataks
    King Chubooloo

Snake Mountain
    Keldor / Skeletor
    Lyn of Zalesia / Evil Lyn
    Karg
    Tri-Klops
    Trap-Jaw
    Blade
    Beast Man

The Snake Men
    Gorpo
    King Hiss
    Lady Slither
    Lord Gr'Asp
    Snake Face
    Rattlor

The Great Rebellion
    Adora
    Madame Razz
    Glimmer
    Bow
    Netossa

Brightmoon
    Queen Angella ( / King Micah)
    Princess Glimmer
    Double Trouble

The Kingdom of Snows
    Frosta

Mysticor
    Castaspella

The Horde
    Horde Prime
    Prince Zed
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Catra
    Scorpia / Octavia / Admiral Scurvy
    Mantenna / Leech / Grizzlor

Galactic Protectors
    Master Sebrian / Darius
    Hydron
    Mara / Flipshot
    Kayo

Evil Mutants
    Flogg
    Crita
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

Yay, I love discussing personal canons.

He-Man is not the leader of any group or faction because due to his nature as a secret identity pop-up hero. Sure, he shows up and wins most fights for the good guys, but he’s not the leader of the group. He’s more like an honorary general. Same goes for She-Ra.

Eternos Guard - An important distinction needs to be made in regards to Eternia the world and Eternia the kingdom. It’s often said that Randor is the king of Eternia. In the Hadleyverse he is the king of Eternos. There are many independent kingdoms, most of which counsel with Randor, but he does not rule the entire surface world.

King Randor (commander in chief)
    Man-at-Arms (general of the armies)
    Teela (captain of Randor’s guard)
    He-Man (informal field-promotion as necessary; He-Man does not just fight for Eternos but for all of Eternia)

There is a c-tier group who call themselves the Heroic He-Men (in reference to the Fighting Foe Men). This group includes goofballs I don’t really care for like Lizard Man, Lazer Lot, Rotar, Gwildor... these guys are like a “neighborhood” superhero team.

Skeletor’s Forces - I categorically dislike calling Skeletor’s guys the “Evil Warriors”. Makes sense for little kids of course and so adaptations for children should use this name, but the hadleyverse does not. I don’t have a good name for this group.

Skeletor (self-proclaimed Master of the Universe)
    EviLyn (Field Commander; often held back from missions or used as a red herring as Skeletor has a deep distrust of other mages)
    Trap Jaw (Field Commander)
    Beast Man (commander of beast folk forces)
    Mer Man (commander of mer folk forces)
    Scare Glow (commander of undead forces; rivals Skeletor in his powers of necromancy; major trust issues from Skeletor but he finds Scare Glow too useful not to use)

There are independent villains out there of course. They have been know to work with Skeletor occasionally, but they operate autonomously. Or so they think... General Tataran, leader of goblins, orcs, and ogres, is likely the most powerful of this group, or he would be if his army was reliable at all.

Horde - Biggest deal here is that there is no Horde Prime. My Horde is closer to that of MOTU depictions rather than POP depictions. There is a space element to them in that I have merged the Horde with the Space Mutants, the latter of which is more science based while the core Horde is mystical in nature.

Hordak (Supreme Emperor of the Horde)
    Horde Primarch (replacement of Prime; he runs the government of the Horde Empire from the homeworld of Horodin while Hordak follows his true passion, subjugation of worlds and peoples. The Primarch reports to Hordak.)
    Despara (field commander and master inquisitor)
    Flogg (Commander of the mutant brute squad)
    Catra (force captain; leads the “named” Horde members)
    Sundar (general of the Horde trooper ground forces)
    Shadow Weaver (master of mysticism; at odds with Flogg).

Mattel’s Fighting Foe Men set are Horde, but are not called the FFM.

Galactic Rebellion - Etheria is an alternate dimension version of Eternia. Wars on other worlds eventually reached Eternia and a hole was torn in the fabric between dimensions - something which Hordak was only ever able to achieve in the past. The peaceful folk of Etheria were all but completely enslaved until forces from Primus appeared to help them out. This effectively represents a merger between the Galactic Protectors and the Great Rebellion.

Darius (General of the armies of the Tri-Solar System)
    Angella (rightful queen of Etheria and leader of the Rebellion)
    Glimmer (field commander; rightful princess of Etheria)
    She-Ra (as with He-Man, though She-Ra is more devoted to the Rebellion)

Snake Men - Filler bad guys
    King Hssss (king)
    Rattlor (general of the armies)

I’ll leave my version of the Powers of Grayskull and my invented Savage Age out of it for now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My Eternia is the Alcala/Texiera mini-comic version.

Primary Masters
    The main champions of Eternia.

He-Man (Alcala Mini-Comics)*
    Teela (Alcala Mini-Comics and blonde)
    Man-At-Arms (Alcala Mini-Comics)
    Stratos (Alcala Mini-Comics and gray)
    Ram Man (orange cardback)

Secondary Masters
    Roboto (200X/MYP)
    Sy-Klone (200X/MYP)
    Buzz-Off (200X/MYP)
    Mekaneck (Vintage)
    Fisto (200X/MYP)

Special Masters
    Extremely powerful allies of He-Man.

The Goddess (New 52 DC Comics)
    Zodac (Vintage)
    Zodak (200X/MYP; he's an ex-Cosmic Enforcer, but still one of the most powerful beings on Eternia. He's been reduced back to a mortal after he upset the universal balance when he freed the Snake Men in order to destroy King Hsss for eating his brother Zeehlar)
    Moss Man (200X/MYP)

Primary Evil Warriors
    Skeletor (Alcala Mini-Comics)
    Beast Man (Alcala Mini-Comics)
    Mer-Man (Alcala Mini-Comics and green)
    Tri-Klops (200X/MYP)
    Trap Jaw (Filmation)

Secondary Evil Warriors
    Clawful (Filmation)
    Whiplash (Vintage)
    Webstor (200X/MYP)
    Two Bad (200X/MYP)
    Stinkor (200X/MYP)

Special Evil Warriors
    These special Evil Warriors aren't common oafs and lackeys.

Evil-Lyn (200X/MYP)
    Faker (Vintage)
    Scare Glow (200X/MYP)

The Evil Horde
    There is no Horde Prime. Hordak is the only leader of the Horde. The Fright Zone is hidden on Eternia, with their actual headquarters under what the playset depicts.

Hordak (200X/MYP)
    Shadow Weaver
    Leech (Filmation)
    Grizzlor (Mini-Comics)
    Mantenna (200X/MYP)
    Modulok (Filmation, but can choose to look like ANY version)
    Calix
    Imp

The Snake Men
    King Hsss (200X/MYP)
    General Rattlor (MYP)
    Tung Lashor (MYP)
    Snake Face
    Sssqueeze (MYP)
    Kobra Khan (Filmation)

Galactic Guardians
    New Adventures takes place off-planet, in the same solar system as Eternia, not the future.

Master Sebrian
    Hydron (Jetlag)
    Flipshot (Jetlag)
    Sagitar (Jetlag)
    Tuskador (Jetlag)
    Spinwit (Jetlag)
    Artilla (Jetlag)
    Mara (Toga Mara is default look, Warrior Mara is her battle look)
    Drissi and Caz

The Mutants
    Flogg leads the Mutants. There's no Skeletor involved here. Flogg wants highly advanced technology from Primus that would make him near unstoppable. Knows of the legend of Grayskull, but thinks it's silly stories. He believes if the power of the universe actually existed, it would be inside of the most impregnable and highly technological fortress that he could imagine, not some ancient and medieval castle...

Flogg (Jetlag)
    Slushhead (Jetlag)
    Crita (Jetlag)
    Hoove (Jetlag)
    Karatti (Jetlag)
    Optikk (Vintage)
    Staghorn (Jetlag)
    Butthead (Jetlag)
    Quakke (Jetlag)

Misc Villains
    Count Marzo (200X/MYP)
    Shokoti
    Evilseed (200X/MYP is combat form, Filmation is default form)
    Jitsu (Classics)
    Ninjor (Classics)
    Goat Man
    Karg, Blade and Saurod
    Icer
    Strongarm
    Batros
    Nepthu
    Geldor
    Lodar
    Draego Man
    Azdar, Belzar and Chazdar

Princess of Power
    Etheria is the alternate reality version of Eternia; Catra wants the secrets of the universe that resides in the Crystal Castle!

She-Ra
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Frosta

POP Evil Warriors
    Catra
    Octavia
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta

*Normally, He-Man has no secret identity. BUT if I have to have Prince Adam and Cringer, they would be the (200X/MYP) versions. He would transform using the original Power Sword into the Alcala He-Man and Battlecat. BUT if he somehow lost it during an adventure, he would have the 200X Power Sword as a back up. Using it, he can transform into the 200X He-Man and 200X Battlecat, who is less powerful, until he gets the original Power Sword back.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 28, 2017 at 01:42pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My Eternia is the Alcala/Texiera mini-comic version.
    Pretty cool stuff. The only thing I don’t really care for there is that Grayskull is like in the middle of a meadow somewhere.

Such an interesting thread, I'm having fun reading the different thoughts and points of view on the topic.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Special Masters
    The Goddess (New 52 DC Comics)
    Zodac (Vintage)
    Zodak (200X/MYP; he's an ex-Cosmic Enforcer, but still one of the most powerful beings on Eternia. He's been reduced back to a mortal after he upset the universal balance when he freed the Snake Men in order to destroy King Hsss for eating his brother Zeehlar)
    Moss Man (200X/MYP)
    Curious. How do you figure the New DC Comics Goddess as part of the Masters? [it] being basically a ball of light (starseed/zoar/horokoth/whatever name ya use)?
    Like would certain characters have a telepathic connection to Goddess...?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Curious. How do you figure the New DC Comics Goddess as part of the Masters? [it] being basically a ball of light (starseed/zoar/horokoth/whatever name ya use)?
    Like would certain characters have a telepathic connection to Goddess...?
    I pretty much use the Goddess in place of the Sorceress in my canon. Just like in the Texeira mini-comics. Only she looks like the DC New 52 version.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I pretty much use the Goddess in place of the Sorceress in my canon. Just like in the Texeira mini-comics. Only she looks like the DC New 52 version.
    Ah. So take out Teela as Sorceress of Serpos and replace with other character. Only keep the design of her.

- Was curious because... well because of that sort of headcanon mentality, where the names and characters become switchable.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

There are fun! Here's mine:

Eternia

Eternian Council - King Randor
    Randor eventually succeeds in his goal of uniting the Eternian people under one banner, primarily to respond to Skeletor's threat. He leads a council made up of leaders of other nations (Stratos, Carnivus, et al).

Masters of the Universe - Teela
    Teela is the captain of the guard, and that makes her the de facto leader of the Masters, which Man-at-Arms created and are based off of the idea of King Grayskull's group that defended Eternia in ancient times. He-Man is a mysterious barbarian who shows up every so often to aid the group, becomes a member later on, and becomes something of a co-leader when it is revealed who he really is.

Evil Warriors - Skeletor
    Skeletor unites his group of outcasts and mercenaries under his own iron-fisted rule and uses them to accomplish his own goals. Kronis (later Trap-Jaw) used to be sort of a leader-by-strength of an ill-defined group of scoundrels and bounty hunters that made their base in the Snake Mountain area, but Skeletor defeated him and absorbed that group into his own. Much later Skeletor manages to form a massive alliance between the villainous groups to lead a massive final battle to infiltrate Grayskull.

Snake Men - King Hsss
    The good King was released from his inter-dimensional prison to plague Eternia once more! He once ruled most of Eternia before being opposed by King Grayskull's Masters and the Horde, until he and his army were sealed away. He has taken a human guise as his primary form to show how much he loves his human subjects, so of course, bloody sacrifice is the least they could do.

Cult of Shokoti - Lord Masque
    This group operates far across the ocean in uncharted territory, and are dedicated to the resurrection of Shokoti, an ancient Eternian death-goddess. They are mostly made up of one-off Filmation villains like Nepthu and Batros, but there is at least one Snake Man in their ranks, as well as a time displaced and completely insane Sir Laser-Lot (long story...) Mechanek leads a group of explorers that run afoul of them a lot after the battle with Skeletor is over.

Etheria

Horde - Hordak
    Hordak became the leader of the Horde by killing his brother, Horde Prime, who gained leadership by killing their father, Horde Lord. If he raised his daughter right, she will continue the family legacy (he hopes). Grizzlor, Leech, and Mantenna are his Honor Guard, picked because of their loyalty and lack of ambition. His ultimate goal is to escape Etheria to plunder Grayskull, and after several years of trickery and failed attempts, he may finally have his way back, and it will only take most of the natural resources of Etheria to do it! He is later killed (OR IS HE?) by Skeletor, who becomes the new leader of the Horde on Eternia. When Skeletor leaves for the Tri-Solar Galaxy shortly after, there is a massive power struggle between the various factions (involving no less than Trap-Jaw, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Evil-Lyn, Modulok, and Whiplash), that is finally settled when Jitsu defeats all challengers and leads the united Horde/Evil Warriors against the Snake Men.

Horde Force Captain - Catra (formerly Despara)
    The Force Captain is basically the head general of the Horde armies. Despara used to fill this position, and was very open in her desire to kill Hordak and take over the entire Horde (just like he raised her to). When she defected, her second-in-command Catra took her place. Catra is also the leader of a small squad of all-female fighters (consisting of herself, Entrapta, Double Trouble, Octavia, and Scorpia) that were originally founded by Despara to be her own Honor Guard when she usurped the throne. Catra led the Horde forces left behind on Etheria when Hordak finally returned to Eternia. She was defeated in a one-on-one duel by Adora, but managed to escape to Eternia and re-join the Horde at large.

Horde Magic Division - Shadow Weaver (formerly Sultra)
    Hordak depended on the Magic Division for centuries as the backbone of his non-military might, but they fell out of favor after so many failed attempts to escape Etheria. In an attempt to wrest favor from the new Science Division, Sultra recruited Norwyn's student, the prodigy Light Spinner, and trained her until she became Shadow Weaver. Shadow Weaver made sure Sultra met with an unfortunate accident and took control of the Magic Division herself, raising them nearly to their previous status and standing against the Science Division.

Horde Science Division - Modulok
    Modulok was an inter-dimensional mad scientist whose claim to fame was a teleporter that could transport individuals across the dimensional barrier. He offered his services to Hordak in exchange for power and freedom to experiment, and was made the head of the newly-created Horde Science Division. His job is to create a teleporter large enough to transport the whole Horde army to Eternia. This will require most of the natural resources of Etheria, a planet Hordak has mostly ignored in favor of trying to return to Eternia.

Great Rebellion - Glimmer
    Glimmer started the Great Rebellion after her home kingdom of Brightmoon was finally conquered when the Horde began their military expansion. The Rebellion is made up mostly of deposed rulers from various kingdoms, as well as some peasants and a few mercenaries. The fighting has gotten much dirtier of late, and Glimmer has found herself making more morally ambiguous decisions to keep some sort of battle going, and is not above deception to grow the Rebellion's ranks or press an advantage. She begrudgingly allows Hordak's daughter, Despara (actually Adora of Eternia) to join their ranks, but only because King Randor has agreed to send aid to the Rebellion as long as she is present. She happily accepts help from the mysterious warrior She-Ra whenever she offers it. After the war on Etheria ends, she accompanies Adora to Eternia and helps lead forces against the Snake Men and Horde, but finds difficulty operating in a more organized army and tends to settle back on her less savory ways of leading.

Etherian Council - Angella
    Angella is captured by the Horde after her husband is killed and her kingdom toppled. After she is rescued she begins the effort to restore order to Etheria by forming a council of leaders to rebuild and take care of any pocket resistance. She is concerned about the effect the was is having on her daughter, Glimmer. After the war she signs a treaty with Randor of Eternia and Sebrian of Primus to create an inter-dimensional trade route between the three planets.

Preternia

Masters of the Universe (Original) - King Grayskull
    King Grayskull started the rebellion against the Snake Men and became the de facto king of the Free Peoples of Eternia. He formed the original Masters to combat the Snake Men (and later the Horde) and to show how the different tribes and races of Eternia would stand united. Due to longevity, a member or two of this group wound up in the modern Masters as well.

Cosmic Enforcers - He-Ro
    The current wielder of the Trollan Sword of He, He-Ro travels the galaxy righting wrongs and defending the weak. This is in contrast to the Enforcers' stated goal of neutrality (the Trollans secretly use the Enforcers as their own military arm, their stated goal of neutrality is intentionally vague so they can be easily controlled). He-Ro was becoming a liability to them, so they allowed him to face the Horde without backup and he wound up landing on Eternia during King Grayskull's revolution. Never one to resist a battle between good and evil, He-Ro joined Grayskull's Masters and bequeathed the Sword of He to him upon his death. The Eternian Zodac later took He-Ro's position of leadership, with his own set of misgivings.

Snake Men - King Hsss
    Still alive back in Preternia. King Hsss is the head of the prestigious Viper House. Which house a Snake Man is member of is actually a way of denoting which batch they were created in by the Unnamed One. Older batches are thought to be closer to their creator, so they hold higher esteem among the Snake Men. King Hsss and Lady Slither were among the first Snake Men to be created, so they hold positions of royalty, compared to lower houses like the Rattlor house, which serve as vassals.

Tri-Solar Galaxy

People's Council of Primus - Master Sebrian
    Sebrian is the elected leader of the civilian portion of Primus' government, he is in charge in times of peace and retains a voice in times of war. He is a bit of an oddity among the population of Primus in that he speaks often of faith and magic in a world governed by science and logic, but his kindness and empathy have endeared him to the Priman people. He is getting frail in his old age and depends on his assistant Drissi to help with many of the mundane tasks of his job, but he is hopeful that he will live long enough to see the miracle he has prayed for come to Primus.

Guardians - Supreme Commander Darius and General Mara of Primus
    The Guardians are the military of Primus. Darius is the Supreme Commander and is in charge of the planet during times of war (such as now). He is much more pragmatic than Sebrian and occasionally resents his more merciful attitude. An old war wound has kept Darius behind a desk, dealing with strategy and the more mundane aspects of commanding a military. The field commander is General Mara, who leads the troops in battle. She is revered by all of the troops under her for her willingness to join them on the battlefield instead of staying behind to issue commands.

Galactic Protectors - Hydron
    The Galactic Protectors are a small, black ops team that answer directly to Darius (think Army Rangers or Navy SEALS, but in space). They often handle operations that require quick, delicate strikes as opposed to a full scale assault. Since they don't answer to Sebrian or Mara, there are rumors that they have participated in some less than savory operations in the past, but nobody is brave enough to take up the point with them.

Space Mutants - Flogg (formerly), Skeletor (currently, or so he thinks)
    Flogg was raised and educated as a mutant living on Primus, and faced years of discrimination on his way to graduating with honors. As soon as he graduated from the Primus Military Academy, he renounced his Priman citizenship and returned to his birth planet of Denebria to unite the various mutant tribes under one banner. Flogg acts as something of a terrorist leader, favoring small, concentrated attacks and constantly moving his base of operations to avoid capture. He realizes Skeletor's power when he appears, and allows him to take control of the Mutants in exchange for an advisor position. However, Flogg retains much of his control due to Skeletor's unfamiliarity with the Tri-Solar Galaxy, and there are many instances of subterfuge and power struggles between the two.

Future Eternia

Masters of the Universe - King He-Man (for now)
    After years of adventures throughout the galaxy after the defeat of Skeletor, He-Man finally returns to Eternia to be crowned king after the death of King Randor. He doesn't settle well into the roll, and fears his best days are behind him. He became the leader of the Masters at some point and has had difficulty relinquishing the role, though he quickly finds his position as king leads him to have to solve many problems that can't be fought away, like land disputes and famines, as well as the challenges he faces learning to be a father to his son after years of estrangement. His challenge now is learning to be a good king to his people, a good husband and father to his family, and perhaps to let go of the past and accept life's changes.

All-New All-Different Masters of the Universe - Prince Dare
    As opposed to being the newest iteration of the legendary Masters of the Universe (which is still active), this group is made up of young warriors deemed worthy of someday joining their legendary ranks after a period of mentorship (they promise to come up with a better name!) Dare is made the leader of the group due to being the King's son, but he is uncomfortable with the position due to being raised in isolation for so long (his people skills leave something to be desired). This leads to friction with Ev-Re-Faces, the son of Man-E-Faces, who was the presumed leader before Dare showed up. Dare is able to channel the Powers of Grayskull to become the heroic He-Ro, which he tries to keep a secret from his teammates. They are fully aware the two are one and the same, but they decide to humor him for awhile.

Guardians of the Universe - She-Ra
    After the defeat of the Horde, Adora tried to settle down on Eternia to get better acquainted with her people. She found the life of a true princess boring after her days of being a rebel on Etheria, and when her brother was named King ahead of her, she found that she finally had something she had never truly had before - absolute freedom! While technically named Captain of the Eternian Guard, Adora mostly leaves the running of that position to Lt. Andra. Instead, Adora, as She-Ra, forms a group made up of the Star Sisters, some former Rebellion members, and a Galactic Protector or two to travel the universe righting wrongs and freeing oppressed people. Her exploits quickly become legend and she is granted a heroine's welcome every time she returns to Eternia (much the annoyance of her brother, who is stuck with the duties of a king). This also makes her something of a "cool aunt" to her nephew Dare (also something of an annoyance to her brother).

Time Agents - Mighty Spector
    At some point in history (nobody is really sure when), time travel technology was perfected and leaked onto the black market. This led to a rise of time-related crimes, which had the capacity to wreak havoc with history itself. The Time Agents were formed to combat this. This is a full-time job (and then some), and Spector himself is rarely available for other missions due to his responsibilities monitoring the timeline. He is somewhat aloof and often makes decisions that don't make sense until much later. At some point (again, it is hard to say when), a massive Time Conflict breaks out between various factions that results in the fabric of time being torn and time travel made nearly impossible. All time displaced peoples are returned to their original times (mostly) and Spector returns to modern Eternia, unsure of his future for the first time.

Revenge Squad - Lady Slither (at the behest of the Unnamed One)
    After his escape from the Unnamed Dimension, the former Trollan overlord now calling himself the Unnamed One began his plans to reclaim that which he sees as rightly his - the Power Sword of He that he helped design, and conquest of the universe. He is the supreme commander of an army made up of genetic and magical mutations, bolstered with some members of the defeated Horde, Snake Men, and others. Lady Slither is his second in command, and she personally leads the Revenge Squad, a special team made up of the Unnamed One's greatest creations.

Evil Warriors - Skeleteen
    Like Dare, the Son of Skeletor was raised mostly in isolation and had difficulty dealing with other people. He was mocked due to his lineage, and was given the derisive name "Skeleteen", which he later took as his own name in an act of defiance. He rejected Eternian society and now leads a new group of Evil Warriors, aided by the guiding hand of his now-powerless mother. He feels the full weight of his legacy on his shoulders, and is determined to surpass his father's evil deeds to prove himself the worthy son. He frequently teams up with the Unnamed One, and has something of a rivalry with Lady Slither.

(Man, that was longer than I expected!)
    Last edited by Dinobot; December 28, 2017 at 12:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Ah. So take out Teela as Sorceress of Serpos and replace with other character. Only keep the design of her.

- Was curious because... well because of that sort of headcanon mentality, where the names and characters become switchable.
    Yes. In my canon, that's not Teela--it's the Goddess. I like that design, because it's not literally a green Teela anymore. Sort of like how 200X Evil-Lyn isn't a yellow Teela anymore!

The Blonde Teela Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'll edit to add: it would be an interesting dynamic if a second faction of heroic warriors would emerge on Eternia, comprised of heroes who don't want to answer to Randor/Man-at-Arms, and who take a more vigilante approach to dealing with the likes of Skeletor (i.e., are willing to resort to deadly violence).
    So, basically Plasmar. [^D

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Regarding the Council of Evil I believe that this "faction" consists of Lord Masque (at the top of the faction in the classics canon), Shokoti (Masque's mistress), Count Marzo (Masque's pupil in classics canon) and Nepthu (Marzo's follower in classics canon).

Other members would be: Chimera (Marzo's follower in Filmation), The Sleeping Beast (Shokoti's companion in Filmation), Shadow Beasts (created by Marzo in 200x), Evilseed, ABC giants, Webstor (all members of the Council of Evil in 200x).

I guess this faction could also include various independent villains (Geldor, Lodar, Batros, Anti He-Man, Plundor...) in future canons...
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Regarding the Council of Evil I believe that this "faction" consists of Lord Masque (at the top of the faction in the classics canon), Shokoti (Masque's mistress), Count Marzo (Masque's pupil in classics canon) and Nepthu (Marzo's follower in classics canon).

Other members would be: Chimera (Marzo's follower in Filmation), The Sleeping Beast (Shokoti's companion in Filmation), Shadow Beasts (created by Marzo in 200x), Evilseed, ABC giants, Webstor (all members of the Council of Evil in 200x).

I guess this faction could also include various independent villains (Geldor, Lodar, Batros, Anti He-Man, Plundor...) in future canons...
    My idea for the Council Of Evil

Shokoti, Lord Masque, Geldor, Lodar, Sultra, Evil Seed, Count Marzo, Plundar, Batros, Prahvus, Gygor, Hunga, Enchantress, Game Master, Kothos, Negator, Nepthu, the Great Black Wizard and the ABC Giants.

F3E984C6-FB95-459A-AE88-7196AF3B5F62.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    In my canon, the Council of Evil was founded by Count Marzo after He-Man and Skeletor vanished (to the Tri-Solar-Galaxy, but at that point nobody knows that).
    Further members are Modulok, Evilseed, Batros, Negator, Darkdream (in a weakened state), Plundor, Chimera, the Toymaker, Enchantress, Kobra Khan and Snoob. Mallek is coerced into helping them.
    They have one really good grab for power but are beaten and part ways, mostly joining other factions.

Besides the usual factions I also have the House of Shokoti lead by Shokoti and including Masque, a few former Evil Warriors, Molgrim and Skeleteen and the Cult of Bakull, led formally by Bakull himself but actually mostly Mer-Man.

I'm a simple guy.
    Present time
    Eternia

Heroic Warriors - King Randor and Queen Marlena
    Evil Warriors - Skeletor

Etheria
    Great Rebellion - Queen Angella and She-Ra
    Evil Horde - Horde Prime and Hordak

Pre-Eternia
    Heroic Warriors - King Grayskull and Queen Veena
    Snake Men - King Hsss, Snake Goddess and the Unnamed One (not the bad Orko but an Optikk body with the gold Skull from Castle Grayskull but done in the same color of the Optikk armor, he's a sort of Ancient One, the evil made flesh)

Interdimensional beings
    Cosmic Enforcers - Zodac
    The Lethal League (all unaffiliated villains) - Shokoti and Lord Masque

(in my canon both the Snake Men and The Lethal league are entangled with Ancient Ones, Satanism, End of the world and lost forbidden snakes cults, when they united their forces they gave back his true form to Goat Man and became Legion, one of the most dangerous demon, another mixmatch that I made, and Legion became part of the Lethal League)
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; January 4, 2018 at 09:08pm.
    I know 3 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max!

"What's the point? The only joke in this show it's my career"

For me it's complicated,
    For He-man and his ilk
    When he's He-man on the field it goes
    He-man
    Duncan
    Teela
    possibly Stratos and Buzz-off share 4th leadership due to them being kings but then there is..
    When He-man is not He-man and he's Adam it's
    King Randor
    Queen Marlena
    Prince Adam
    Princess Adora (if she's on Eternia)
    Duncan
    Teela, or I guess it could be reversed since Teela is the Captain of the Royal Guard

For The Great Rebellion it is
    She-Ra the she is on the field
    Glimmer
    Bow
    Casta and Frosta share 4th because they are Queens of their own realms

However when She-Ra is Adora it's
    Queen Angella
    Adora
    Glimmer
    Bow,
    etc... etc..

Sorceress is in charge technically of a lot particularly of He-man and She-ra, I like to think she is supreme commander of magical beings as well i.e., Razz, Orko, Granamyr (though he would never go for it) and Casta

Now the bad guys
    Since I'm a filiation purist
    Horde Prime
    then
    Skeletor of his folks and Hordak of his folks

Second of both factions go:
    Evil-lynn
    Tri-clops
    Jitsu
    etc, etc, etc, though Mer-man since he is evil "lord" of the sea can be a leader at times but I write him off as incompetant

then;
    Catra/Shadow weaver always fighting over who rules next along with Imp screwing things up
    Dylamug in charge of the troopers and finally I'd say Admiral Scurvy and Octavia of the naval fleet
    the rest of the horde are lackys and I can't see them putting up a good fight.

Lastly, King Hiss of the Snake men and when he's not around Rattlor "The General"
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I'm pretty simple as well. I don't really have my own canon. Even what I've posted on the fan fiction forum is an alternate canon I could do, not the way I see it.

In general, I follow Masters of the Universe Classics, imagining different parts of the franchise as all part of one larger story. Specifically, I tend to see things from a Filmation perspective with some 2002 mixed in. For New Adventures, I prefer the Space Mutants to be a faction of the Horde, like in Classics. The one place I majorly disagree with Classics factions is the "future" stuff. I hate the idea of history essentially repeating itself with the descendants of He-Man and Skeletor.

I guess I can list the characters that are more iconic to me from each faction, though, so I'll do a quick list of that.

Heroic Warriors
    Adam/He-Man
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela

Evil Warriors
    Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Beast Man
    Mer-Man

Great Rebellion
    Adora/She-Ra
    Bow
    (I'm embarrassed to say, but want to clarify, I'm still not very familiar with these characters, but they're still core for me.)

Evil Horde
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Catra

Snake Men
    King Hiss
    Rattlor

Galactic Guardians
    Master Sebrian
    Darius
    Mara

Space Mutants
    Flogg
    Crita
    Slush Head

New Heroic Warriors
    Dare
    Kay-La

New Evil Warriors
    Unnamed One
    (I don't have enough exposure to really have a feel for this, especially since I hate Skeleteen as the main villain, but I'm okay with the Unnamed One here.)

Powers of Grayskull
    King Grayskull
    Veena
    (Though I'm warming up to He-Ro and Eldor, I just don't know how to reconcile both groups as I'm not fond of the examples I've heard.)

Edit: While writing this, a variation did occur to me for the New Adventures of He-Man stuff. While I view New Adventures as a core part of the franchise as well, I feel most versions of it still feel too disconnected (which is why I support the idea that the Space Mutants are part of the Horde). Along those lines, I thought about keeping the general idea of New Adventures, but alter the details to tie it more directly into its predecessors.

So let's imagine a Filmation-esque He-Man, followed by Princess of Power. Then, at the end of She-Ra's story, Hordak is defeated for good and the Horde is banished from Etheria. However, while it was a crucial victory, the true extent of the Horde Empire is now seen. He-Man and She-Ra now head to the stars (rather than the future) to join the fight against Horde Prime in...

HE-MAN AND SHE-RA
    AND THE COSMIC ENFORCERS

That's right, the Galactic Guardians will become Cosmic Enforcers, with Darius as their leader. Primus becomes the prime base for the Cosmic Enforcers. Master Sebrian is now one of the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension, and is revealed to have been who Zodac answered to. I think even the idea of the Cosmic Enforcers fighting for balance, rather than good, works in this situation, since the Horde has such an overwhelming presence at this point, the Cosmic Enforcers would be working to shatter that grip. Everything else would be pretty much the same, just with a different context (this could even fit in with the idea that Adam stops hiding his identity here, since Zodac is shown to know his identity, so the rest would probably know as well). He-Man and She-Ra's different appearances/catch phrase could even be explained as being too far away from the power of Grayskull, so they tap into some Cosmic Enforcer power source (perhaps the Eternal Dimension).
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; January 6, 2018 at 01:15am.

Heroic Warriors
    He-Man is the de facto leader, but Man-At-Arms is the chief strategist and very close second-in-command. Stratos is third in command, then Teela.

Eternos
    King Randor and Queen Marlena are the very clearly defined rulers of Eternos Kingdom. Teela is the head of the Royal Guard (hence why she's only fourth in command of the Heroic Warriors). Other members of the Royal Court are: Prince Adam, Princess Adora (heirs); Professor Smallen (Superintendent); Heal-Or (Eternian equivalent of Surgeon General); Melaketh (Royal Historian and Archeologist); Songster (Royal Storyteller and Bard); and Orko (Royal Jester)

Council of Eternia
    This group has a rotating executive chief, who leads the organization during various meetings and crises. I'm sure there's potential for various by-laws and rules. Aside from rulers and ambassadors of the group, I like the idea of Dekker being a key member, like a moderator or chief of security.

Evil Warriors
    Skeletor is the leader. Evil-Lynn is second-in-command. After that, the whole group goes into chaos. I like to imagine Beast-Man, Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man, and Tri-Klops all fighting each other for control of Snake Mountain; and Clawful, Whiplash, Kobra Kahn, and Webstor standing around, waiting to see who's going to win. Meanwhile, Stinkor is being chased out of the compound by Jitsu, who never understood why they kept that smelly jerk around anyways. Little do they know that Skeletor's pick for third-in-command is Panthor.

Great Rebellion
    Queen Angella is in command, with Glimmer as second in command. Bow and She-Ra share leadership responsibilities after that. The group tends to splinter into different groups with different leaders depending on the mission. For missions that require magic, Glimmer is unit commander. Strength or force, She-Ra. Subtlety, Bow. Fright Zone incursions, Adora.

The Horde
    Horde Prime is master of all. Hordak is his chief General and head of the Etherian mission. After Hordak is Catra. After Catra, leadership is determined by Horde Prime and Inspector Darkney.

The Snake-Men
    King Hiss is the unquestionable leader. General Rattlor is second-in-command, followed by Sssqueeze.

Mutants
    Flogg is in command. Slushhead is second-in-command. No one knows why. Critta gives Slushhead some busy work and assumes command.

Galactic Protectors
    Hydron is the field commander, with Flipshot as second-in-command. Master Sebrian is chief advisor and stragiest, along with Kayo.

I'm sure there's others, but I can't think of any right now.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    So, basically Plasmar. [^D
    Exactly, very good reply.
    I can see that Plasmar will be at odds with the Heroic warriors regarding the Snakemen warriors who used to be good guys.
    I can picture that confrontation already and yes, there will be art for that
    Plasmar is a ruthless and dangerous fellow. I love that.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    The Masters of the Universe: King Randor

The Lords of Power: Skeletor

The Snake Men: King Hiss

The Great Rebellion: Queen Angella

The Evil Horde: Hordak