Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation: Who would want a Horde 6 figure sub for 2015?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Speculation: Who would want a Horde 6 figure sub for 2015?

THe thread about the Dylamug trademark got me thinking: he'd be a great lure for a Horde sub in 2015, if an add-on sub is even possible. The Horde is a faction that sells well, and a six figure sub with an exclusive like we saw this year with POP could help wrap up the Horde and get us a few figures we otherwise might not get. Muggy and maybe Dragstor would be great incentives for the sub, and they could easily do Sunder with only a few new parts, getting a popular Filmation character out there, as well. If Hunga or Vultak are in the works, they could fit in here, as well. And if the price for tooling gets to high on a figure or two, we do have the precedent for that this year with Spinerella.

I know there have been rumors of a 200x sub, and, while I wouldn't object to that, I think a Horde sub would have more support and a better chance of making it through.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

No thanks.

I'd much rather have the rumored line-up of the 200X mini sub.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Yes for me but my priority is the 200X sub

Yes Yes and Yes!
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I think the last mini sub, if they do it, should focus equally on Horde, 200x and NA, with 2 figures per line, with the sub exclusive being the most universally fan desired figure possible of the three lines. Dylamug would be a great candidate. Or it could be a random assortment of guys from all areas.

I'd be pretty upset with Mattel if they focused only on 200x or Horde. And with the waning interest by fans and seemingly from reviewers as well, I'm not betting on a 2016 going through, so I think that this last mini sub (which also may not go through) should focus on a spread of fan demanded characters. Since NA has been given the shaft in terms of numbers and quality (Skeletor's techno shirt) I feel that fans of the series at least deserve another 1-2 figures to flesh out the heroes and mutants. Staghorn would be an amazing figure to have, and he would add some much needed variety to the aesthetics of the mutants. Meanwhile the Horde is already impressive as all get out. I understand the business side of the decision from Mattel's point of view (NA figures don't tend to sell as well as others), but I'm just speaking as a fan.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; December 4, 2014 at 09:43am.

While I do believe a 200x sub is what we will see, I would much prefer a Horde sub. Gimme:

1. Vultak
    2. General Sunder (with Trooper parts)
    3. Colonel Blast
    4. Catra Variant (to match the NA She-Ra slot) OR Admiral Scurvy
    5. Horde Wraith
    6. Callix

Incentive figure: Dylamug (the Spinnerella slot, so make the sign-up fee 30 bucks)
    Last edited by Veebs; December 4, 2014 at 11:18am.
    Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

hells yeah

1.Vultak
    2.Calix
    3.Horde Wraith
    4.Dymalug
    5. False Face ( i know not alot of love for this guy, but i still want him)
    6. Horde Lord - father to horde prime and Hordak, the evil of all evils

Heroic Warrior
    I am not sure, while I would to see more Horde, I really want a 200X mini sub.

If the line-up looked something like this... I'd be in:

Dylamug
    Vultak
    Hunga The Harpy
    Horde Mummy
    Calix
    Classic Toy Catra (with swappable Horde emblem somewhere... either as part of the bodice design or as simple as a female arm band)
    Despara (Sub Exclusive)

You'd have to put Dragstor in regular Club Eternia, where he belongs!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I would prefer a Horde mini sub!

A Horde sub? Yes, of course!!!!

My wishes would be and yes, one is stolen from Veebs and makes totally sense!!!! :

* Vultak
    * Calix
    * Horde Wraith
    * General Sunder
    * Dylamug
    * Vintage Toy Catra(in red)

exclusive: Sub Trooper
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'd be all over that. I'm just not feeling a 200x sub for some reason. Don't get me wrong though, whatever they put out there I'm sure I'll end up buying it.

If characters like Gore-Tusk and the Horde Mummy could ever see the light of day in such a sub, I'd be all for it !

I'd definitely be in if it had:

Horde Mummy
    Horde Wraith
    Dylamug
    and Evil Robot

Any combination of Colonel Blast, General Sunder, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Inspector Darkney, Admiral Scurvy, Calix, False Face, Prince Zed, etc. would be acceptable and gravy.

I wonder how likely a Horde mini-sub would be to get a Mantisaur in the line.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Before I opened the thread, I imagined a Horde TROOPER sub, with 6 variant HTs! That would interest me. The dregs of the horde? Less so. All in all, I'd rather have a 200X mini-sub.
    TRANSPARENCY!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Skeleton Warriors, Rah-Jar, Great Black Wizard.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, no Collectors' Choice subs yet.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yes I would but not for Filmation Horde Members. I'd like:

1) Callix
    2) Horde Mummy
    3) Horde Wraith
    4) Aqua Horde Trooper
    5) Toy Color Catra
    6) Dragstor sub exclusive

Now I know that Dragstor as the sub exclusive would be unpopular but a necessary evil to sell the sub. Also include with Dragstor some extra Horde Armbands so that collectors can make Horde Members of any MOTUC figures they wish.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would prefer a Horde mini sub!
    Me too. Will not be subbing to any 200x sub, I'd only sub for something like this, or an NA sub (not that NA would be my preference, but I would support it as they supported the PoP sub).

Yeah its a no-brainer for me, I'm totally in

there are still lots of amazing horde characters that deserve to be made in plastic, one of them is dylamug but vultak would be cool too

On the other hand there also lots of 200x to chose from , one thing is true: 2015 is not enough! we need 2016 to happen! no question about it
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

I would be up for a Horde sub if it included:

1) Calix
    2) Concept Horde Mummy
    3) Horde Wraith
    4) General Sunder
    5) Dylamug
    6) Horde Trooper (single carded re-release for troop building)

The sub exclusive could be Buzzsaw Hordak

Dragstor should be included in the 2015 Club Eternia line, so that is why I didn't list him.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I'd prefer a horde sub to a 200x one tbh

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Would love to complete the horde!

1- Hunga (my shelf is not complete without her)
    2- Dylamug
    3- Vultak
    4- Despara
    5- vintage TOY design Catra
    6- Beast/figure pack: Dark Riders
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    While I do believe a 200x sub is what we will see, I would much prefer a Horde sub. Gimme:

1. Vultak
    2. General Sunder (with Trooper parts)
    3. Colonel Blast
    4. Catra Variant (to match the NA She-Ra slot) OR Admiral Scurvy
    5. Horde Wraith
    6. Callix

Incentive figure: Dylamug (the Spinnerella slot, so make the sign-up fee 30 bucks)
    I would definitely sub if this was offered. My absolute wants for the Horde. Add Catra's panther form with her variant and I'm in! Love the Horde!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior
    If it were a choice between only the Horde and 200X, I'd definitely go with the Horde- having said that, I want NA characters no matter what, so if they make it in anywhere, I'd be happy!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Also include with Dragstor some extra Horde Armbands so that collectors can make Horde Members of any MOTUC figures they wish.
    I like that idea a lot, and there's more than one way to use them. Some clever member here took one of the bands and stuck it on Catra's thigh like a garter, and I've used both of the bands I've gotten like that on the female Horde members. Mattel should like the idea as it lets them re-use existing tooling.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The only must haves Horde members I need are Vultak, Dylamug and Calix.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG