Thread: Horde Mummy, Dylamug and other Concept Characters Support thread

Horde Mummy, Dial A Feature and other Concept Characters Support thread

Hi all,

Upon seeing the first round of Collector's Choice poll, I searched and found that there is not really a major thread for vintage concept characters

such as the Horde Mummy, Basher, Horrosaur, Manotaur, Tank Top, Brain Man, Dial A Feature and any other concepts you can think of. This thread is where we as fans of the

concept characters can voice our support and hopefully get more characters that didn't originally have a chance in the vintage line into MOTUC.

Thanks for Visiting!

CobraViper596
    Last edited by CobraViper596; September 19, 2015 at 11:43am.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES: Horde Mummy/Fear-Ro, Filmation Tri-Klops, Snake Mountain Man

Dylamug is not a concept character. He was in two episodes of the She-Ra Filmation cartoon. That makes him not a concept character. Concept characters are characters planned on paper that never made it into media or into figures.

My bad I was thinking of Dial A Feature who was a concept form of Dylamug and with all the current hype about Dylamug I put him instead of Dial A Feature
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES: Horde Mummy/Fear-Ro, Filmation Tri-Klops, Snake Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Dylamug is not a concept character. He was in two episodes of the She-Ra Filmation cartoon. That makes him not a concept character. Concept characters are characters planned on paper that never made it into media or into figures.
    He was in three episodes.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

I'd take Dial-a-feature over Dylamug in classics. Dylamug should be reserved for the more Filmation upcoming toyline.

As for Horde Mummy, he is a must, as is Horde Robot.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    He was in three episodes.
    What was the third episode? The only episodes I can think of are "Duel at Devlan" and "Shades of Orko."

The Inspector is the other episode Dylamug appears in.

I dont think they have the rights to make these characters

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I dont think they have the rights to make these characters
    I agree. I don't think they have these rights. As the Power and Honor Foundation have the rights.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

You would think that Mattel would have the rights to all their concept characters as those artists were all under contract with Mattel at the time.

That being said I'd love a Horde Mummy and Horrorsaur.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    You would think that Mattel would have the rights to all their concept characters as those artists were all under contract with Mattel at the time.

That being said I'd love a Horde Mummy and Horrorsaur.
    You would also think Mattel would've kept all rights to any character designed for the franchise(Filmation, Jetlag, Golden Books, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Star Comics, and the Motion Picture) but we've seen how that's turned out.
    Now they did acquire rights to some of those but not all of them.

from what i remember hearing, alot of the these concepts, they dont know who drew them, therefore either they dont know who to contact and dont want the risk of a lawsuit, so they focusing on producing figures they know they have the rights to.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Facet you are some what right, about some art but the art in the power and honor are all known or they could not print. I think they put characters like these on a back burner, because the big out cry by fans when we got the anniversary figures. I want concept characters for sure. I want characters likeTyroar, Hordor, and the pterodactyl dude, and so many more. These characters could be so awesome in this line. The Rhino centaur guy would be real nice. Before 2020 this line will still be going and we deserve at least all of these guys!
    Last edited by mikerobertschamp; September 20, 2015 at 01:23pm. Reason: spelling and names
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Let's continue these discussions in the threads listed below:

Horde Mummy
    Basher
    Hordor
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087