Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake Mountain needs a payment plan!

Widget

Snake Mountain needs a payment plan!

So, first off, I want to express how impressive the reveal for this was. I was completely suprised at the sheer size of this monster playset. Now, I don't want it to get downsized, in my opinion its just right. But, with something that size, I feel the price will be high. So, with that I have come up with a monthly payment plan.

Snake Mountain Subscription.
    $80 down payment. Which covers your pre order and locks you in for 1 Snake Mountain Playset. This also secures an exclusive Snake Mountain map to go with the Castle Grayskull map.

Then, $30 per month for 12 months. Equalling $440 total minus shipping, which I assume will be around $50 atleast.

So, does anyone feel a payment plan may ease the pain of dropping a lum-sum all at once?

A playset like Snake Mountain also needs a payment plan? How do you know that, Jayrod88?
    Last edited by Neophron; July 15, 2015 at 08:04pm.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    A playset like Snake Mountain also needs a payment plan? Where do you get this, Jayrod88?
    The prices are made up to put my example across. But, I feel with a payment plan or subscription, the Playset may appeal to a broader audience that currently may be turned-off by a one time purchase of $300+ and shipping.

It certainly would help. I doubt they will make us put down the entire payment during the pre-order time. I don't think it would be successful if they did that.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrod88 View Post
    So, first off, I want to express how impressive the reveal for this was. I was completely suprised at the sheer size of this monster playset. Now, I don't want it to get downsized, in my opinion its just right. But, with something that size, I feel the price will be high. So, with that I have come up with a monthly payment plan.

Snake Mountain Subscription.
    $80 down payment. Which covers your pre order and locks you in for 1 Snake Mountain Playset. This also secures an exclusive Snake Mountain map to go with the Castle Grayskull map.

Then, $30 per month for 12 months. Equalling $440 total minus shipping, which I assume will be around $50 atleast.

So, does anyone feel a payment plan may ease the pain of dropping a lum-sum all at once?
    You know you can just start doing that yourself starting right now? If you have a savings account at the same bank as your checking account you can just electronically transfer money in the same manner as you suggested. Or you can open an account at a retail stock broker site and have money deducted automatically from you checking account on a regular basis at your own preset intervals. And that way you'd even accrue interest rather than have your lay away payments cost you interest on your credit card. Or you can just throw money into a Ralphs coffee can as you can between now and then.

I wish they'd just take paypal and also let you have a option to pay upfront.

Digital River just isn't set up for something like that. I mean, for crying out loud, look at the holy terror that happened over pre-auths falling off for Grayskull payments and people flipping out about it. And that was just one payment. There are so many headaches that go along with payment plans for the company collecting (it would add a tremendous amount of headache to managing Matty, from having to follow up with declined payments, refunds etc.). Before someone says "Sideshow does it" - yes, yes they do - and their entire system is set up for it. I'm sure some folks will also say "treat it like a sub" but again - refunds, declined payments cancelling the order - nightmare, nightmare, nightmare.

Considering we can't even get the first bill on a subscription for the correct price on the invoice (they charge you the correct price on your card but give you a wonky number on your invoice) - we do not want this, nor do I think they have the capability to do so.

Folks can easily set up their own "payment" plan - in an envelope, in a savings account, etc. If you don't "trust" yourself, have someone you trust hold it for you, I guess. But no, a payment plan is a horrible, horrible idea and would be a crap show from beginning to end.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    You know you can just start doing that yourself starting right now? If you have a savings account at the same bank as your checking account you can just electronically transfer money in the same manner as you suggested. Or you can open an account at a retail stock broker site and have money deducted automatically from you checking account on a regular basis at your own preset intervals. And that way you'd even accrue interest rather than have your lay away payments cost you interest on your credit card. Or you can just throw money into a Ralphs coffee can as you can between now and then.
    Its proven very successful for companies like Sideshow.

Paypal would also be a great addition .

A payment plan would be helpful for customers and cut down on canceled orders. They would be smart to make it happen.

That said, a deposit of more than 10% is unheard of. I'm not even sure if it would be legal.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Skeleton Warriors, Rah-Jar, Great Black Wizard.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs, 2 Collectors' Choice subs.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Why not start your own payment plan now? Toss that $30 into a jar each month and by the time this thing is ready you'll be able to afford 2!

I agree, there should be a payment plan.

My most expensive single toy is one I had to save up for after a while, and even then it stung a bit. A plan would have been nice!

A Non Refundable Deposit should be required for Snake Mountain of say $100.00 This will prevent people from pulling the crap they pulled with Castle Grayskull

Then it's up to each fan to budget for this bad boy on their own. Have an envelope that says Snake mountain fund and each month pop $30.00 onto it and don't touch it
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    A payment plan would be helpful for customers and cut down on canceled orders. They would be smart to make it happen.

That said, a deposit of more than 10% is unheard of. I'm not even sure if it would be legal.
    A deposit, or even full up front payment, isn't going to have any legal issues. That said, a payment plan would cause so many issues - come on, you know Digital River, man...remember that horrid mess of a thread when people were flipping out like someone just ran over their puppy because many people had the auths on their credit card fall off because they were charged a week before they shipped (and the final charge was posted)? And what a mess happened with updating credit cards, etc. and people getting theirs cancelled and all the hassle it took to sort each person out? Not only is DR just not set up for something like this, it raises so many sticky issues...but I do think they will require a deposit of some sort this time, since they apparently got stuck with so many folks who didn't follow through on Grayskull.

It would be a good idea for DR to provide the service as it would cost them very little and could potentially increase there revenue. Sure we could all keep an "envelope" and save ye old fashoned way... but not every one uses cash. I would argue that I'm not in the minority and most of us rarely use cash. Yes we could all create bank accounts of the shaved up $, butDR has skin in the game. Its to there advantage to make it easier for us to hand over our cash.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman51880 View Post
    It would be a good idea for DR to provide the service as it would cost them very little and could potentially increase there revenue. Sure we could all keep an "envelope" and save ye old fashoned way... but not every one uses cash. I would argue that I'm not in the minority and most of us rarely use cash. Yes we could all create bank accounts of the shaved up $, butDR has skin in the game. Its to there advantage to make it easier for us to hand over our cash.
    Snake Mountain should be $2,000; a limited production run of 1,000; and only sold at NYCC because fans desire exclusivity and high prices!

In all seriousness a payment sounds like a reasonable request, but I doubt Digital River is up to the task.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dhuff View Post
    Why not start your own payment plan now? Toss that $30 into a jar each month and by the time this thing is ready you'll be able to afford 2!
    Best comment I heard in a while but a "collector" and his money are easily parted or so the saying goes!!!
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Widget
    Can you imagine the headaches that would cause with expiring or new credit cards? Sometimes they solve those kinds of problems be "reinstating" a subscription. I don't think I would trust Digital River to keep track of what I've already paid on Snake Mountain and to be able to apply that to a "reinstated" or reordered Snake Mountain.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Payment plan? Seriously?

Here's a crazy idea...stick back $10-$15 per week and just don't spend it until Snake Mountain drops and you'll have most of what you need by the time it's time to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry...didn't see this. Couldn't help the hair-trigger response to this silly stuff. Payment plan...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Yup! I agree, save now and be ready for later! now that we have a solution lets close this thread

My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I'm already saving... 80 € so far...
    Well I just hope I'll get it done right (the size they showed at comic con, with awesome interiors)

Or even put a small credit on your CC every month and refrain from touching it. By the time SM drops, all paid for.

Yes, this is the most logical, as a pay plan from Mattel/DR probably wont happen. Its more the discipline of doing this that would keep people from actually doing it 'oh, ill throw 30 bucks in next month instead' and before you know it SM is here and all you have in there is the first 30 bucks you put in. .
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    Payment plan is unnecessary, and unworkable with DR. Save the money yourself.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Payment plan is unnecessary, and unworkable with DR. Save the money yourself.
    I agree. A payment plan is just a bunch of unneeded headache and digital red tape. Just save the money on your own or use a credit card.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I mentioned this to Kim form Mattel at the Power Party she said I was not the first to mention it and she said they would look into it.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"